VSFLEX3.OCX install

I have a database that I built in Access 2000.  I have most people able to
access this database even though they are using office 2007.  The problem
comes in with the two new computers, mine included will not allow us to
access the database without the error "Your Microsoft Office Access database
or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file 'VSFLEX3.OCX'
version 3.0.".  I have been able to find the file on the interent but have no
idea where it is supposed to be placed or even if it needs to be installed.
Can someone please give me help with this one because I know I will be seeing
it again.

Hi Diana,

at my knowledge the VSFLEX3.OCX is an active x compound that's installed
with Microsoft project.  If it isn't used in your access application you just
can unchip the reference in the VB window (Tools -> References). If it's used
and missing you'll have to install it as an add-in.  Be sure it's correctly
registered in the registery.

grNG

"DianaE" wrote:

> I have a database that I built in Access 2000.  I have most people able to
> access this database even though they are using office 2007.  The problem
> comes in with the two new computers, mine included will not allow us to
> access the database without the error "Your Microsoft Office Access database
> or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file 'VSFLEX3.OCX'
> version 3.0.".  I have been able to find the file on the interent but have no
> idea where it is supposed to be placed or even if it needs to be installed.
> Can someone please give me help with this one because I know I will be seeing
> it again.
Try going into the visual basic editor, click on tools\references.
--
Milton Purdy
ACCESS

"DianaE" wrote:

> And if I need the active x compound how do I register it with access and VB
> and the registry?
>
> "NG" wrote:
>
> > Hi Diana,
> >
> > at my knowledge the VSFLEX3.OCX is an active x compound that's installed
> > with Microsoft project.  If it isn't used in your access application you just
> > can unchip the reference in the VB window (Tools -> References). If it's used
> > and missing you'll have to install it as an add-in.  Be sure it's correctly
> > registered in the registery.
> >
> > grNG
> >
> > "DianaE" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a database that I built in Access 2000.  I have most people able to
> > > access this database even though they are using office 2007.  The problem
> > > comes in with the two new computers, mine included will not allow us to
> > > access the database without the error "Your Microsoft Office Access database
> > > or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file 'VSFLEX3.OCX'
> > > version 3.0.".  I have been able to find the file on the interent but have no
> > > idea where it is supposed to be placed or even if it needs to be installed.
> > > Can someone please give me help with this one because I know I will be seeing
> > > it again.
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 08:32:01 -0800, golfinray
<golfinray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

That only works AFTER the component is registered. Which is done
using:
regsvr32.exe <path_to>your.ocx

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>Try going into the visual basic editor, click on tools\references.
0
Tom
1/26/2010 4:00:22 AM
I'm in a similar situation, trying to get an "old" database running. I have a
new, clean XP installation, on top of which I installed Office Professional
2007 (which includes Access). I did those installs yesterday, then tried to
install the database.

So now I get the same error message. I'm missing exactly the same file,
VSFLEX3.OCX. As far as I can tell, it's not on my computer anywhere. A google
search for the file name yields several places that claim I can download the
file from them, but why should I trust those sites?

If not, how do I acquire that file? Thanks for any help you can provide.

"Tom van Stiphout" wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Jan 2010 08:32:01 -0800, golfinray
> <golfinray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> That only works AFTER the component is registered. Which is done
> using:
> regsvr32.exe <path_to>your.ocx
>
> -Tom.
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> >Try going into the visual basic editor, click on tools\references.
> .

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 13:51:01 -0700, Mike Feldman <Mike
Feldman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm in a similar situation, trying to get an "old" database running. I have a
>new, clean XP installation, on top of which I installed Office Professional
>2007 (which includes Access). I did those installs yesterday, then tried to
>install the database.
>
>So now I get the same error message. I'm missing exactly the same file,
>VSFLEX3.OCX. As far as I can tell, it's not on my computer anywhere. A google
>search for the file name yields several places that claim I can download the
>file from them, but why should I trust those sites?
>
>If not, how do I acquire that file? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Are you certain that you need it? If you go into References and uncheck that
ocx, what (if anything) fails to compile? I'm guessing it's a Flexgrid
control: is your application in fact using one?
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
1

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 13:51:01 -0700, Mike Feldman <Mike
> Feldman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I'm in a similar situation, trying to get an "old" database running. I have a
> >new, clean XP installation, on top of which I installed Office Professional
> >2007 (which includes Access). I did those installs yesterday, then tried to
> >install the database.
> >
> >So now I get the same error message. I'm missing exactly the same file,
> >VSFLEX3.OCX. As far as I can tell, it's not on my computer anywhere. A google
> >search for the file name yields several places that claim I can download the
> >file from them, but why should I trust those sites?
> >
> >If not, how do I acquire that file? Thanks for any help you can provide.
>
> Are you certain that you need it? If you go into References and uncheck that
> ocx, what (if anything) fails to compile? I'm guessing it's a Flexgrid
> control: is your application in fact using one?
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

That was an ingenious suggestion. I unchecked it and now everything seems to
be OK. Thanks!

Mike

How to register Mscomm32.ocx
In my Dialog based program I used ActiveX - Microsoft Communication Control (MSComm32.ocx). In order to run it independently on a PC without VC installed, I need to register MSComm32.ocx in my program. Can anybody guide me where and what codes I should put? Thanks in advance. > In my Dialog based program I used ActiveX - Microsoft Communication Control > (MSComm32.ocx). In order to run it independently on a PC without VC > installed, I need to register MSComm32.ocx in my program. Can anybody guide > me where and what codes I should put? Thanks in advance. Regsvr32 should do...

Cant Install Windows Live Messenger (msn)
I clickd on a link from a friend in an msn/windows live messenger conversation which turned out to be a virus type thing, so i deleted Windows Live Messenger and Changed the Password on my Comp and hotmail acount. then proceeded to download Windows Live Mesenger but it said i already have it. so ive searched my computer and it dosnt appear to be there at all? anyone know whats up here?? Greetings Jaimie, If you manually delete Messenger by just deleting the folder (or something similar), Windows will still consider it installed. You can use ZapMessenger to quickly solve this...

Windows 7 install
This is in here as I can't find the correct group for windiows 7 issues. Pleae advise I have just loaded a new dell computer with windows seven 64 bit with Outlook 2007 from my previous XP machine. All was stable on the previous machine with the Outlook program. Everything is working fine on the the windows 7 machine and I'm impressed with the voice recognition. Unfortunately Outlook has problems. For some reason I have lost messages in transferring data using an external drive and the normal import and export facility. In addition, possibly because there are ...

installed fonts
I have windows xp and publisher 2000. several fonts that are installed on my computer do not show up on the available font list in publisher or word. I have reinstalled the fonts and they still do not show as available. any help would be appreciated. If the fonts are variations of other fonts, they may not show up. For example if you have Arial and a font called Arial Bold the bold font will not show up in the font list. That font will function when you highlight text and apply the B (Bold) button. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!"...

missing vsflex3.ocx?
I have recently purchased Office Access 2007. I am trying to read a MDB that I created in the prior version of Access but I'm getting a error message "missing vsflex3.ocx" How can I solve this problem. If I click OK 3-4 times, I then get an error message "Undefined function "Left" in expression." I thought this was a standard VB function. How to solve that problem. TIA Left IS a standard VBA function. However, Access looks in all the other linked reference libraries first, before it checks the VBA library. That means you need to resolve the fact that it...

install CRM domain account problem
Hi, I am trying to install MS CRM 1.2 on a W2K3 server. I am already logged into the W2K3 box as a domain admin (and the domain admins is already a member of the local admin group as well) BUT I still get this error! --------------------------- Microsoft CRM Server Setup --------------------------- You must be a member of the Domain Admins group to install Microsoft CRM. Make sure that this computer is joined to the domain and you are logged on with a domain administrator account. ----- My domain controller is a W2K box. Any idea why Windows keeps giving me this error when I am already comp...

Windows installer starts all the times I open Outlook
I found a trila version of Outlook 2007 in the kit of a PDA. I installed it and I bought the code to make it permanent from MS. But all the times I open O. Windows installer starts as if it had to finish the installation. My OS is Vista Premium. Can someone help me? Thans. Giovanni what happens if you let it finish? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips....

Windows installer?
Lately a number of downloads and updates have failed and told me windows installer could not be found. Starting the service manually and starting the download again generally works. I reset the service to start automatically, but still some things - such as the link below to see whether my laptop is compatible with an update - don't work until I start installer manually. How is this service supposed to work? Cheers, S Windows installer service is normally a "Manual" start mode. It has a dependency on the RPC ( Remote Procedure Call ) service. The exe...

CRM 3.0 KB927751 Update Roll Up Install Problem
Hi, I'm running CRM 3.0 Small Business edition on Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 with SQL 2005. When I try to install the update roll up (KB927751) It unpack the files, but before the instalation starts, it comes up with an Installation Error saying: "Setup failed to update the database. The installation of this update has stopped." Does anybody have any clues as to what might be causing this? The rest of the CRM appears to work fine. Thanks in advance Tim Solved the problem in the end - It turns out that the DataMigration pack caused the issue. Uninstalling th...

Install new seat of 2003
As a stop gap, I installed my existing seat/license of 2003 on a new additional machine until I get a second seat. When it arrives, should I just install over that installation and activate, or first uninstall. (I think that makes sense?!) bjork57@hickorytech.net <bjork57@hickorytech.net> wrote: > As a stop gap, I installed my existing seat/license of 2003 on a new > additional machine until I get > a second seat. When it arrives, should I just install over that > installation and activate, or first uninstall. (I think that makes > sense?!) Depends on whether or no...

Office for Mac 2008 installs and updates on a clean install of Snow Leopard
I installed Snow Leopard tonight and can verify that Office 2008 will install and completely update on a clean install of Snow Leopard, but you need to install Rosetta if your install DVD is one of the earlier copies with 12.0.0. -- Diane yes but could you update to SP1? "Diane Ross" wrote: > I installed Snow Leopard tonight and can verify that Office 2008 will > install and completely update on a clean install of Snow Leopard, but you > need to install Rosetta if your install DVD is one of the earlier copies > with 12.0.0. > > -- > Diane > > Y...

CRM 4.0 Client Freezes Installed on Terminal Servers...How?
Hello All, Running W2k3, SP2 and Citrix. Installed the 4.0 Client. All seems like it is correct. The Cofigure dialogue shows up in the tite bar for all users. The wizard runs easily and quickly. THe Problem is that it does not run. Or it runs once or twice and then begins to freeze Outlook. IT always freezes at the same point, it loads the CRM Tool Bar and then sits with the Initializing Outlook Interface... Has anyone had success or some pointers in making this work? Thanks ...

How do I install the Data Analysis Toolkit from Office Basic CD?
I have Microsoft Office Basic 2003 on my computer, and I have the CD. However for a school report I need the Data Analysis Toolkit which isn't installed. How do I install this feature? Tools - Addins. Check the one you want. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "Shannon" <Shannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CC07991-E603-4B55-87D7-DDE38D8EB5FA@microsoft.com... >I have Microsoft Office Basic 2003 on my computer, and I have the CD. >However > for a school report I need the Data Analysis Toolkit which isn't > installed. > How do...

VSFLEX3.OCX install
I have a database that I built in Access 2000. I have most people able to access this database even though they are using office 2007. The problem comes in with the two new computers, mine included will not allow us to access the database without the error "Your Microsoft Office Access database or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file 'VSFLEX3.OCX' version 3.0.". I have been able to find the file on the interent but have no idea where it is supposed to be placed or even if it needs to be installed. Can someone please give me help with th...

After Installing WinXP Pro SP2 Connection to ISP Interrupted
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C48BFE.C1110A50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We just installed WinXP Pro SP2. Now when Outlook 2002/XP tries to = access e-mail, an error pops yup stating that my connection to the ISP = has been interrupted. Outlook for all 5 other computers on this network = work fine after installing SP2. Why doesn't this one? And what can I = do to eliminate the problem? With kindest regards, Mary ------=_NextPart_000_0007_01C48BFE.C1110A50 Content-T...

No text converter is installed for ppt
My computer is running Windows XP SP3 with Office 2007. When I try to open a PPT I get, No text converter is installed for this file type. I am sure power point is installed and was able to open and run presentations. Any help would be appreciated Thank you Regards Raj In article <195F8B98-7016-4346-A33D-91BC75E07DAE@microsoft.com>, Raj wrote: > My computer is running Windows XP SP3 with Office 2007. When I try to open a > PPT I get, No text converter is installed for this file type. I am sure power > point is installed and was able to open and run presentat...

problem with ocx
Hi Can anyone tell me how to write property SET function? I've created a property and written a SET function which was to check it's new value before being changed. The problem is that I always get an error: "reference not set to an instance of object". What's wrong with this code? --------property and function declaration in DISPATCH_MAP DISP_PROPERTY_NOTIFY(CUClientXCtrl, "ServerHost", m_ServerHost, SetServerHost, VT_BSTR) DISP_FUNCTION(CUClientXCtrl, "SetServerAddress", SetServerAddress, VT_EMPTY, VTS_BSTR) --------function body: void CUCli...

Install Business Contact Manager
Hi, did you know the process for install Business Contact Manager? Because i have installed Outlook 20003 Professionnal Edition and after BCM.... and did not work. Thk's for your answer Aguelos Do you have Exchange in your mail profile? If yes, then try a mail profile without Exchange. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: CEFALAS <stephane.cefalas@businessinteractif.fr> asked: | Hi, | did you know the process for install Business Contact Manager? | Because i ha...

Sorry to create a new post, but I have tried the other posts' suggestions... can't install new Office 2004?
Hello there, I'm hoping someone can please help me to help a friend who is in need. I am in Germany to attend his wife's unexpected funeral and help him out with his 4 young children and his small business. Well, one of the things I did was convince him to switch from an old PC to a new iMac. And then I got him to buy a full version of Office 2004 rather than use Apple's Windows emulator and run his old PC version of Office. So the new Mac Office 2004 arrives, and one of his 'know it all' friends puts the disc in the iMac and starts the installation - without first removin...

Office wants to install to CD-ROM D: Drive not hard drive!
Never seen this one before, at the default location it specifies C:\<path> but when I hit continue it shows install location as D:\<path>, indicates no room for install, (of course) and will not go further. What's up ere? There was a 2007 60-day trial on this computer that was removed so I could install Office 2003. Something left in Registry? Custom install, to the path shown in default path,? "nogeeks.org" <nogeeks.org@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4DA1661-9000-48F6-9AB4-182739A26BCC@microsoft.com... > Never seen this on...

will installing remove all emails?
Will installing Office XP from 2000 pro get rid of all my emails in Outlook? Thanx Max "Maxinator" <Maxinator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:512EDC43-8B4F-4FE3-8080-C9912CFBE5E4@microsoft.com... > Will installing Office XP from 2000 pro get rid of all my emails in > Outlook? > Thanx > Max No it shouldn't do, but as in any scenario, backup just in case. Gordon's advice is very sound. When in doubt, always back up your data. Here's great information on how to do it: http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- ...

Now that I've installed Office 2004??
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3188232971_840649 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hi, Got my new Office 2004 for Mac. Really cool!!! Obviously, some files of the Demo were hanging around, even though I did delete the Demo. So when I installed Office 2004, Entourage looked just like the last time I used it. I used File/Import, etc to get to Import Information from a Program, which I choose as Office OSX. When it brought ...

What are the steps involved in compiling and linking Active x ocx?
HI, What are the steps involved in compiling and linking Active x ocx using VC++ 6.0 MFC I have seen some tools like Rc, midl ,cl , link but I am unaware that in what order these work... Help sandspiderX if u r using VC++6, u need consider the order. VC6 IDE will do it for u. following is the oder, i)MIDL produce generates the tlb file ii) RC file compiles resource files iii) cl compilers ur cpp files and generates the obj files iv) link will link all the obj's and generates the final executable naren "sandSpider" wrote: > HI, > What are the steps involved in compi...

How can I install Excel 95 on a new Windows Vista machine ?
For historical and educational reasons, I want to install Excel 95 on a brand new HP PC, which comes shipped wth Vista. Can I install Windows XP somewhere on it (which does support Excel 95 (ie Version 7) ) ? The outcome of this ambition matters very greatly to me.. Couple of ways to go. 1. Install Virtual PC.....downloadable from Microsoft site........and put WinXP and Excel 95 on that. 2. Partition your HDD and install WinXP on that partition giving you a dual-boot. Maybe ask over in the microsoft.public.virtualpc or microsoft.public.windowsxp.general news groups. Gord Dibben MS...

Access 2002 Runtime no spellcheck after Office 2007 installed
I have the Access 2002 runtime installed on my client machines running an access data project. Some of my users just installed Office 2007 (without Access) and now spell check for my text areas on my forms no longer works. Gives a message that the dictionary can't be found (or something similar, I haven't seen it yet, just talked with my champion and he explained the problem.) It makes sense that the dictionary might be different in 2007, however, is there an elegant solution? Perhaps I'm in the wrong forum, any suggestions on where I might post this for discussion? &qu...