Upgrading an .mdw to 2003 format?

I have upgraded my frontend & backend .mdb from 2000 to 2003. Do I also
upgrade the .mdw in the same way?

Thanks so much.

Mary

On Thu, 27 May 2010 16:38:01 -0700, sweeneysmsm
<sweeneysmsm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have upgraded my frontend & backend .mdb from 2000 to 2003. Do I also
>upgrade the .mdw in the same way?

Nope. Just use it. I'm using an Access97 MDW with no problems whatsoever.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Mary

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Thu, 27 May 2010 16:38:01 -0700, sweeneysmsm
> <sweeneysmsm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have upgraded my frontend & backend .mdb from 2000 to 2003. Do I also
> >upgrade the .mdw in the same way?
>
> Nope. Just use it. I'm using an Access97 MDW with no problems whatsoever.
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .

Exchange 2003 Event ID 9322
We have an Exchange organization with 110 servers, about 40% of them are Exchange 2003 SP 2, the rest are Exchange 2000 SP 3. We are in the process of upgrading them. We have no 5.5 servers and are running in Native mode (no pre-2000 servers allowed). Yesterday we rebuilt on of the 2 primary bridgeheads for the entire organization. After we brought it back online and made it the master in the rotuing groups, then added it to all of the conenctors both local and remote, we began getting the following warnings in the event logs: Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeMTA Event Category: In...

Problem with Outlook 2003 (Cached Exchange Mode)
This user is insisting on using Cached Exchange Mode. The problem is that when it is turned on, it will not bring in mail beyond 2 days ago (ie. Tuesday and today). If I turn it off, he can see his inbox like normal (ie. Tues and today mail). At the bottom right hand corner of the screen, it says that the Inbox was last updated just a few minutes ago. I tried renaming his ost and let it recreate it. Also, if I log onto his machine as Administrator for the domain and create an Outlook profile for him from that logon. That uses a completely different .ost file in a totally different Windows...

Access 2003 macro problem
I've been developing with Access '97 for quite some time. But now that we've moved all of our customers to Access 2003 I'm going to do all of the development with that tool. I have a macro which worked great in '97. The macro was invoked by using the keystroke combination Ctrl-E. In a macro named Autokeys, the Macro Name is ^e and the action is the name of a Public Sub in a Module. When invoked with Ctrl-E while the cursor was positioned on the declaration line of a new Sub or Function (either in a Module or a Form's Class Module, etc.) it would create a skeleton...

Conditional Formatting #81
Hi All, I'm using Excel 2007, and am looking for a way to format the cells color if it matches a range of other cells. What I'm working on is a lottery sheet that allows me to enter the winning six numbers in six seperate cells. Then below these six cells, there may be several sets of six cells that I enter the ticket numbers in, and I would like to have any cells that match the winning cells to turn yellow. Below is my scenario. The winning ticket numbers will be entered in cells: E1, F1, G1, H1, I1, J1 Then the ticket numbers can be entered in any other cells, and when any cell m...

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

Outlook 2003 Desktop Icon.
After removing Office XP and installing Office 2003, the Outlook Desktop icon disappeared. I would like to have it back, because it contains certain functions a normal shortcut doesn't have. Strangely, when I reinstall Office XP the Outlook XP Desktop icon appears. However, after installing again Office 2003 there's again no Outlook 2003 Desktop icon. I working with Windows XP Professional edition. This is normal and part of the new software requirements for Windows XP. (During the beta, adding the icon back via a reg hack introduced odd error messages.) Instead you can try thi...

Number format question #2
I have the following formula: ="*First year estimated home sales of "&C35&" with 15% growth rate in subsequent years." I want to have this statement adjust to changes made in the number (C35). However, this is what the phrase looks like: *First year estimated home sales of 67188 with 15% growth rate in subsequent years. How can I get the number to format show the comma? -- Joker "...God hath made me to laugh, so that all that hear will laugh with me." Gen. 21:6 ="*First year estimated home sales of " & text(C35,"#,##0")...

Outlook 2003 sometimes very slow to retrieve
I'm using Outlook 2003 with Windows 2000. It's accessing several email accounts (same ones as Outlook 2000 was before upgrading). With one account in particular, retrieval slowed to a few bytes a second (not KB, bytes). I had 70+ messages backed up while it was crawling. I opened Outlook 2000 on another machine on the same network, and all the files came down in 30 seconds or less. Are there any particular settings to look for ? It's not accessing Exchange Server - just an email POP3 host. Thanks, Tom ...

Search and then format by color
I have a column of data that is almost 5000 cells deep. I want to be able to have the groups of duplicates colored a unique color. For example, if there are 12 cells that have a value of 9231, I want to see that those 12 and only those 12 get colored red. Then, maybe there are 200 cells that have a value of 74; those would all get blue. And so on, such that each group of equal valued cells gets a unqiue color. Can this be done and if so, how? Thanks! It would really help if you could post AND email me an answer at swimeveryday@yahoo.com. Sub GroupColor() Set mond...

Reading Pane in Outlook 2003
Is there a way, in outlook 2003, to disable the reading pane on all folders and to set the default for newly created folders to be disabled? eli silverman <elisilverman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way, in outlook 2003, to disable the reading pane on all > folders and to set the default for newly created folders to be > disabled? Start Outlook using the /nopreview switch. -- Brian Tillman ...

Upgrading the CPU?

Outlook 2003 Reply to All bug?
When I receive an external email and click reply to all Outlook 2003 puts my address in the to list of the reply as well. If I reply to the exact same email in Outlook 2000 it doesnt include me in the reply!!!! Whats going on? Why is 2003 doing this? Many Thanks for any assistance or comments. Previous versions of Outlook had a problem knowing who you were, so if you had more than one account in the profile, Outlook replied to all addresses. Outlook 2003 fixed that - it removes your address from reply to all provided the address matches the one in your profile. -- Diane Poremsky [M...

Conditional formatting #20
Hello I want to set the 'fill' colour of a cell according to the data in that cell, so if the cell contains 1 it is filled red, 2 is blue, etc etc. No problem, I can do this with conditional formatting - format the cell's fill colour. I then want to make the underlying data itself invisible. No problem, I use conditional formatting to make the data font colour the same as the fill colour. But what if I want to add a gradient or pattern to the cell's fill colour ? I cannot find how to make the cell data invisible when I use a pattern or gradient for the cells 'fill...

Where is the "Favorite" Icon in Outlook 2003, that I had in Outlo.
I just upgrade my Office 2000, to Office 2003. Although I like many of the new features, I really miss the "Favorites Feature" that I had on my Outlook 2000. Does Outlook 2003 have the same feature, and if so how do I access it. Thanks Warpstar, Favorites has been removed, since Outlook was not meant to be a web browser. Your favorites are still in Internet Explorer. Cheers "Warpstar" <Warpstar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:229F04AE-79A5-459C-BBDB-315FD3C0C419@microsoft.com... >I just upgrade my Office 2000, to Office 2003. Althoug...

Charracter error in Outlook 2003 junk mail folder name in Spanish for IMAP
Hi, I'm writing because I have the following situation: I'm adding to my Outlook 2003 an IMAP account, and when I add it the junk mail folder name that in spanish is "Correo electr=F3nico no deseado" under root folder of the IMAP account appear as "Correo electr&AMP-nico no deseado". Obviously this is a problem about recognizing special characters of other languages. I tried to rename the folder without luck, every time I execute Outlook 2003 the name of the junk mail folder appears with the "&AMP-" I would like to know which file I can touch to ...

Single quotes surrounding email display name in Outllook 2003 for Sent Items #2
I am posting again and hopping I can find a solution, if there is one for this issue. >> I have a small issue with Outlook 2003 where any email I send to a >> person which is not in my Contacts list, it displays single quotes >> surrounding the email display name in Sent Items folder. Thanks to the group, Traian "Traian Nemes" <traian_nemes@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:egpyZAz$EHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > It's not doing it all the time, and when I group by display name I do see > two groups, one with the quotes and one without f...

8.0 Upgrade

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

XP Upgrade

Will Publisher 2002 work with Office 2003?
I have Publisher 2002 and I'm needing to update my Office software for school to 2003. Will my Publisher 2002 still work with Office 2003? Hi LaLana (LaLana@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have Publisher 2002 and I'm needing to update my Office software || for school to 2003. Will my Publisher 2002 still work with Office || 2003? Yes it will. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Better watch it Brian. the last t...

Upgrading to Money 2004 Premium
Hi, I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this problem, and if yes what was the work around. -- Cheers Catherine PM Community Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote: > >I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that >my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this >problem, and if yes what was the wo...

Conditional Formating #9
I have 4 cells. Below is what I am trying to accomplish. I need the formulas for each of the conditions. Please help. Condition for Cells 1-3 Condition 1: If date is greater than NOW() - Red Condition 2: If date is less than NOW() - Green Condition 3: If there is a date in cell 4 (over ride conditions 1 and 2) - Blue Condition for Cell 4 Condition 1: If there is a date in cell 4 - Blue Thank you, Aviator Assume the cells ar A1:A4, select A1:A3 with A1 as the active cell, format>conditional formatting formula is, for the first condition use =ISNUMBER($A$4) format button and s...

Upgrade? or not to upgrade.
I accepted the invitation to try office 2010. Upon installation, outlook 2007 quit working. Since that is the only critical piece i need out of office, and all my emails etch i desperately need are on there, I uninstalled. Now I get no out look. I get the error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. I am really kicking myself, I knew i shouldn't have done the upgrade trial. I am bordering on hysteria here. Can anyone help? Tried to open in compatibility mode xp but no go same error. Outlook now does not appear in the start ...