sample database template

hi may i know if we are allowed to modify te sample northwind database and
use it in our small usinesses

Go ahead if it suits your needs.  You may want to look on the Microsoft web
site for other templates, or maybe search online, if Northwinds does not meet
your needs.  NOrthwinds is more of a sample database than a template, so you
may find it is worthwhile to search for other options.

Amin wrote:
>hi may i know if we are allowed to modify te sample northwind database and
>use it in our small usinesses

BruceM
4/13/2010 7:30:34 PM
Hi Bruce thanks a lot for the advice, but i can assure you am in love with
the sample database and i ried to modify it and is getting on  my nerves.
something like  purchase orders are done by clicking on a button from the
inventory list but i can see how they can be allocated and be available to be
sold.  i will be glad if you can take me thru it a bit. i will inform you of
all the difficulties i am having then yo may help me turn it my own and use
it in a small business we are trying to set up thannx once again. Please any
other advice will be welcomed

"BruceM via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Go ahead if it suits your needs.  You may want to look on the Microsoft web
> site for other templates, or maybe search online, if Northwinds does not meet
> your needs.  NOrthwinds is more of a sample database than a template, so you
> may find it is worthwhile to search for other options.
>
> Amin wrote:
> >hi may i know if we are allowed to modify te sample northwind database and
> >use it in our small usinesses

> .

OK, what happens when you click the purchase order button, and what do want
it to do instead?

Amin wrote:
>Hi Bruce thanks a lot for the advice, but i can assure you am in love with
>the sample database and i ried to modify it and is getting on  my nerves.
>something like  purchase orders are done by clicking on a button from the
>inventory list but i can see how they can be allocated and be available to be
>sold.  i will be glad if you can take me thru it a bit. i will inform you of
>all the difficulties i am having then yo may help me turn it my own and use
>it in a small business we are trying to set up thannx once again. Please any
>other advice will be welcomed
>
>> Go ahead if it suits your needs.  You may want to look on the Microsoft web
>> site for other templates, or maybe search online, if Northwinds does not meet
>[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
>> >hi may i know if we are allowed to modify te sample northwind database and
>> >use it in our small usinesses

BruceM

Standard template for mails
Hi, I want to send emails with standard fields available as template and only the data i have to fill in while sending emails. To be clear about --- i just looking for any option where the 1) subject 2) senders email address 3) part of message body etc., will be static and common but only a few data will vary every day please help me out ...

*Hi- Urgent (but of course) I need a music cue sheet in excel format....(sample attached)......thanks for the help!
Anyone that can help me create a excel file such as this The end user will need to open it in excel (microsoft).... Have a look at this example.....its PDF, but you can see at the bottom, the table/cells are present allowing the end user to input the data. Looking for advice, someone needs me to make them a cue sheet ASAP! Here is the sample I am talking about: http://www.westarmusic.com/pdf/wsr-comp-cuesheet.pdf I do not use Excel enough to make this work, I am making a mess of it. thanks again! On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:08:02 -0800, "musicfirst@yahoonospam.com" <musicfirst@...

Review Created Database
I have put together my database using 26 tables and I would like for an expert to review my relationships. The entire relationship model is centered on the project number. Basically, all the tables need to link to a specific project number. Would someone be willing to review the database and provide your expert advice? I can send the database to your email account. Please let me know. Stephen On Mon, 23 Nov 2009 06:33:06 -0800, swlaw <swlaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have put together my database using 26 tables and I would like for an >expert to revi...

Exchange database #2
Is there any way that we can view contents of Exchange 5.5 or 2000 database without Outlook. We are trying to take the calendar entries of employees and put it in a web based format. Is it possible to open up the database or extract information without Outlook. Thanks. "Heather" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:95cb01c43386$5033e8f0$a101280a@phx.gbl: > Is there any way that we can view contents of Exchange 5.5 > or 2000 database without Outlook. We are trying to take > the calendar entries of employees and put it in a web > based f...

Import database from Entourage 2008 to Entourage 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Hello! I have a problem with Entourage 2008. We reinstall the OS upgrading to new Snow Leopard but before we didn't export Entourage Identity, we simply copy to another disk the folder containing the database. Now we have to import that database to the new Entourage 2008 installation. Could you help me? <br> Thank you <br> Andrea On 2010-03-04 06:46:39 -0500, SMcore@officeformac.com said: > I have a problem with Entourage 2008. We reinstall the OS upgrading to > ...

Sampling
Hi all, I have a list of 1500+ employee id's. Each record contains the employee ID, their gender and their ethnicity. I need a random sampling of 500 records that is representative of the total counts. For example, if there is an 85% ratio of females, then 85% of the random sample must also be female. This is a three column worksheet - EmplID, Ethnicity, Gender What are my steps? I tried looking at the Analysis toolpak but i am not sure which tool to use. in a parallel range, you can enter =RAND() and fill down, then sort by this column, then look at the first 500 records. &qu...

Microsoft Access Help Function Sample
With the help of Alex Dybenko and Stuart McCall I have created a help function for Access that uses an internal table to store help information rather than the traditional Access help file. The benefits are that you do not have to prepare and maintain an Access help file or buy software to create it. It can also be edited by users if you allow it. An explanation is available at http://www.projectperfect.com.au/microsoft-access-sample-8.htm and you can download the sample database from the same web address. Please send any feedback for improvements. Interesting. Simple an...

Is there a template out there for household expenses?
inevitably "betty1221@sbcglobal.net" <betty1221@sbcglobal.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CFEBFE3-8A6E-4BEE-BB83-4A8289C2C55C@microsoft.com... > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010233421033.aspx?CategoryID=CT011377191033 Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 20:17:02 -0700, "betty1221@sbcglobal.net" <betty1221@sbcglobal.net@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Open previous databases?
If I install Money 2004, will it open the backups from a previous version(1999 or 2000). Thanks in advance. If it is the same localized version, then yes, Money 2004 should be able to convert the backup from the older version. I've converted files as old as Money 3 to 2004. "RP" <middleofnowhere@lincsat.com> wrote in message news:8cfa01c3e9c2$9e2cf6e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > If I install Money 2004, will it open the backups from a > previous version(1999 or 2000). Thanks in advance. In microsoft.public.money, RP wrote: >If I install Money 2004, will it open ...

Sampling
I have multiple columns of data which consist of numeric and text. There are 15000 rows of which I wish to extract a sample of 2500 rows. When I use the sampling feature it only gives me an extract of the first column of data which is numeric. How can I get Excel to bring the rest of the data in the other columns across with it. If that is not possible, how do I then go about matching up the extracted numerics with the numerics in the original range. Regards Kharrison Hi Kharrison, Don't know what the sampling feature is, so I don't know what you did. Perhaps you simply ...

Ann: Contacts to DataBase
The "IMI Contact2DB Synchrony" is small application that can export/extract Contacts items from any Outlook and Exchange Contact Folders, including Microsoft Exchange Server Public Folders and save it to any type of Database. The current build is 0.3 alphas. This version has been tested with Microsoft Exchange Server 2000, Microsoft SQL Server 2000, Microsoft Access 2002, Microsoft Excel 2002, Paradox 7, DBase. The actual link for the "IMI Contact2DB Synchrony" is: http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/subscribe.asp -- Iv Borissov IMI Support Team http://www.imibo.com/...

Template styles in Word 2007
I previously created templates in word 2003. Now I have upgraded to 2007, when I create a new doc using my templates, the layout and all is ok, but when I add text and wish to apply 'my styles' they do not appear anywhere? I only seem to have access to the word 2007 styles?! How can I access the styles I created in 2003? Thank you, QB If you can't see the style name in the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), try changing the display options for styles. In the Styles pane, click Options. Choose "All styles" for "Select styles to show." Before c...

Using loop to edit values in database
Hi, I would like to loop through my database and edit a value. For some reason the last value of the FOR loop is being saved. What should happen is that the ZonePos field should be filled with value 1 to how many records in the table. Currently lets say there are 5 records in the table, the value 5 is saved in all the rows. Here is my code: Dim dSet As DataSet Dim dRow As DataRow Dim dTable As DataTable Dim sqlCmd As SqlCommand Dim sqlConn As SqlConnection Dim sqlDapter As SqlDataAdapter sqlConn = New SqlConnection("D...

Can somebody write a sample?
Hello, can somebody write a sample to understand better the code in http://codetools.com/miscctrl/cntgroup.asp Regards, Rainer ...

family budget template for excel
Is there a downloadable Excel template for family budget? Jack, Have a look here http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101172321033.aspx Mike "Jack Fisher" wrote: > Is there a downloadable Excel template for family budget? http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010233421033.aspx?pid=CT101172321033 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 05:51:01 -0800, Jack Fisher <JackFisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a downloadable Excel template for family budget? ...

Backup Database Queries

Do I have to have publisher to download a publisher template?
I want to download a publisher template from Microsoft office online and I do not have publisher. Do I have to have publisher to use this template, or can I just use it on word? You have to have Publisher. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "jmr104" <jmr104@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFC61D8D-F15D-4EB6-86DD-09131632821B@microsoft.com... >I want to download a publisher template from Microsoft office online and I >do > not have publisher. Do I have to have publisher to use this template, or > can > I just use it on word? ...

Can you tell me the different parts of an access database?
On Thu, 2 Aug 2007 08:08:04 -0700, s0311 <s0311@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Tables, Queries, Forms, Reports, Macros and Modules. Did you try opening a database to look, or perhaps even reading your course materials? John W. Vinson [MVP] Care to explain for what you're looking? On the surface of it, your question sounds suspiciously like a homework assignment. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "s0311" <s0311@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42F35224-BBAD-45FC-A2F6-802F700C4F0...

The Visual Basic Applications project in the database is corrupt.
Hello all, I have an Access 2002 database that resides on a server and is accessed and updated by a VB application. All operations are normal. I can open and access the database using Access 2002 without any problems. There are no modules or macros in the database, just tables queries and a couple of reports. The database has password (file level) security. When I open the database with Access 2003 and try to access a table or query I get the following: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ The Visual Basic Applications project in the databa...

How do I save data on a form to my database?
I am new to Access and was wondering how I would save a record from my forum to the database. I am using an unbound forum. Thanks adamskiii, Why have you created an "unbound" form to operate on a table? If you're new to Access, you've just made your project much more difficult than it needs to be. You'll need to create a button on your form that, when clicked, runs an Append query against your table, using the current values on the open form. -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP 2007-2009 http://home.comcast.net/~cccso...

Question about Sample Size and Margin of Error
Let's say you win at some particular gambling event 600 times out of 1000 trials. I've heard for a sample of that size your margin of error is around 3%. Therefore for the next 1000 trials you should be successful between 57% and 63% of the time. Correct? How do you calculate margin of error? How do they do it for example in surveys and polls? Assuming my facts are correct in the above example, what would be your margin of error over 100, or 10,000 trials? How do you calculate that? Thanks, Frank West Frank West - > Let's say you win at some particular gambling e...

In a yes or no situation how do I choose a sample size
I am testing inventory records for accuracy. How many records do I have to test before I can say with 98 % confidence that the sample results are the same as the total would be had I tested them all? The literal answer should be 98%, however you can perhaps improve your chances by applying a feasibility test, ie, if opening + purchases - sales (= closing) is less than 10% of a months sales, or is more than 20% of a months sales then perform your check on those items. The standard run-of-the-mill items can usually survive with a minimal check, but in either case the number of items to be ...

Sample Apparel Database
I was wondering if anyone has a sample Apparel database for RMS that would not mind sharing with me. I have an upscale Clothing Store and it would help me tremendously if I could see an example that has different Matrix items with their style numbers, departments and categories. Any kind of input is greatly appreciated. HaikHR@gmail.com ...

SetFont sample
Hello, I need : SetFont function sample, please. (It should have as a parameter CFont, so how is it initialized ?) Thanks :) "Eitan M" <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote in message news:#5k6RsGSHHA.1228@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello, > I need : > SetFont function sample, please. > > (It should have as a parameter CFont, so how is it initialized ?) > > Thanks :) > > INFO: Correct Use of the SetFont() Function in MFC http://support.microsoft.com/kb/85518 -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com I got the error message : debug a...

mail merge labels from excel database
Can anyone give me the instructions to do a mail merge for labels from an excel database? Using Word with Excel as the data source is easiest, if you can ; you can find instructions here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm If Word n/a, post back with more details of your data layout. Rgds, Andy ...