My database loads but disabled?

Hello
I have a database on Access 2003 - works !
Opended it in 2007 - does not work?
Converted it to 2007 - does not work?

All the forms and tables load okay.
I have a switchboard with command buttons - 'Click' - opens form
All the buttons act disabled, but are enabled in 'Properties'
I have tried everything I can think of, can anyone suggest any way forward
please
Would be much appreicated !
Al

"...does not work" is not particularly informative.

Do you mean:
    - the PC freezes up and displays no error message?
    - the PC catches fire?
    - Access produces an error message ... that says what?

More info, please...

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"Al9315" <Al9315@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
> I have a database on Access 2003 - works !
> Opended it in 2007 - does not work?
> Converted it to 2007 - does not work?
>
> All the forms and tables load okay.
> I have a switchboard with command buttons - 'Click' - opens form
> All the buttons act disabled, but are enabled in 'Properties'
> I have tried everything I can think of, can anyone suggest any way forward
> please
> Would be much appreicated !
> Al

0
Jeff
6/3/2010 4:30:22 PM
On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 06:18:01 -0700, Al9315 <Al9315@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hello
>I have a database on Access 2003 - works !
>Opended it in 2007 - does not work?
>Converted it to 2007 - does not work?
>
>All the forms and tables load okay.
>I have a switchboard with command buttons - 'Click' - opens form
>All the buttons act disabled, but are enabled in 'Properties'
>I have tried everything I can think of, can anyone suggest any way forward
>please
>Would be much appreicated !
>Al

Your database needs to be in a "Trusted Location" for anything with VBA code
in it to work.

See Allen Browne's tips at http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Al

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 06:18:01 -0700, Al9315 <Al9315@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hello
> >I have a database on Access 2003 - works !
> >Opended it in 2007 - does not work?
> >Converted it to 2007 - does not work?
> >
> >All the forms and tables load okay.
> >I have a switchboard with command buttons - 'Click' - opens form
> >All the buttons act disabled, but are enabled in 'Properties'
> >I have tried everything I can think of, can anyone suggest any way forward
> >please
> >Would be much appreicated !
> >Al
>
> Your database needs to be in a "Trusted Location" for anything with VBA code
> in it to work.
>
> See Allen Browne's tips at http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .

Someone in the future may run into the same issue you faced.

If you provide the solution you found, you could be helping that (future)
person...

> Thank you both so much for taking the trouble to reply
> Problem solved !!
>
> Al
>
> "John W. Vinson" wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 3 Jun 2010 06:18:01 -0700, Al9315
>> <Al9315@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Hello
>> >I have a database on Access 2003 - works !
>> >Opended it in 2007 - does not work?
>> >Converted it to 2007 - does not work?
>> >
>> >All the forms and tables load okay.
>> >I have a switchboard with command buttons - 'Click' - opens form
>> >All the buttons act disabled, but are enabled in 'Properties'
>> >I have tried everything I can think of, can anyone suggest any way
>> >forward
>> >please
>> >Would be much appreicated !
>> >Al
>>
>> Your database needs to be in a "Trusted Location" for anything with VBA
>> code
>> in it to work.
>>
>> See Allen Browne's tips at http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html
>> --
>>
>>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
>> .

0
Jeff

Nothing shows up in Database objects in Database Wizard
Hello, I am having touble with Visio 2003 once again. Though the db wizard, I created an excel spreadsheet (table) for data and am tryinig to link the chart back to this original database so that when I change something in the database it will change correspondingly. I am going back through the DB wizard, and can only get as far as selecting a database object to connect to. I have selected the original dada source, checked table, but nothing showes up under the database objects. Am I or my computer missing something? Please help! Thank You. Have you defined a name for the region ...

Access Database Conversion to Excel Database
I need to convert a downloaded database in Access format to an Excel format I can use on my desktop. Hi Greg One way Use Data>Import External Data in the menubar -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "greg" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b0f301c3ec2b$2b12d830$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I need to convert a downloaded database in Access format > to an Excel format I can use on my desktop. ...

Huge database
Good afternoon, i have to make a huge database wich have to get data from excel file.That is not a big problem problem is that i have to get information for about 1000 families with 1000 elements for every family and this database have to storage this information at leaset one year. This make a huge pack of elements. Can Microsoft Access get so huge pack of data ? If yes i would be glad to read some ideas. Thanks If you are talking about 1000 columns in a table, Access can't do it. 255 is the upper limit. 1,000 * 1,000 is potentially a million records. However if the data is pr...

linking 2 databases in 1
Hi, I am running 2 hqs for 2 different purposes, now the company decided to use 1 hq for both purpose. How can i link the 2 databases into 1 database???? I tired to link them from SQL server enterprise manager-all task- export data from database A to B but some tables can not be exported and show me tables failure, is it possible to link them or im just trying something impossible? Advice me on that plZzzzZZzz -- Aliko ...

Importing Current Database into CRM Database
Hi, I would just like to know if it is possible to tranfer my current database into the Adventure Works Database(and if so how) or is it used just for a few records for testing purposes. You help will be highly appreciated... there is a redeployment tool on support.microsoft.com/downloads under microsoft crm. This may help you. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Rock619" <rodger@intervigil.com> wrote in message news:5728edd40161d2cca1c0e079cfd86665@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com... > Hi, > > I would just like to know if it is pos...

how to start a database
hi guys, i want to start a database on excel 2000, i never had to do this before, and i know this can be done. i just dont know where to start from ! what i want to do is, it is a racing club, i want a listing of all pilot and a sheet where we can enter the number of the car(all pilot info need will be transfer) for final result of the race.(right now they enter the car no, name , city at every race at every registration, if he is register to 3 race they do the process 3 time.) like in access went we create the database and after the query, that what i want to do in excel. any tip or link...

Disable Auto Name Checking
Is there a away to Administratively disable the Auto Name Checking on Outlook clients. I need to do this for several PCs, and I would like to do it so that they can not manually re-enable the feature. Does anyone know of a way to do this? I would also like to disable the ability to turn Auto- archiving on as well. Is there a way? ...

disabling auto formatting (default)
The help feature tells me that in order to disable auto numbering I need = to=20 go to 'Format' - 'bullets and numbering' - 'customize' - then 'reset.' = but=20 when I go to format-bullets and numbering, the buttons for 'customize' = and=20 'reset' are not functioning. ??? This is really driving me nuts and I = don't=20 know where to turn. Help would be most welcome. Aline If you are talking about the type of formatting where you are happily typing along and then Word starts adding some numbers, disable that under Tools | AutoCorrect, A...

Checking How much memory Loaded DLL uses
How would I go about checking how much memory a dll uses when it is loaded? thanks > How would I go about checking how much memory a dll uses when it is > loaded? > If you are interested in the size of virtual memory reserved for the DLL when it is loaded, then you can use the debugger's Modules window to get it (it usually shows the address range occupied by the DLL). Other tools can also show it (e.g. ProcessExplorer from Sysinternals). Regards, Oleg [VC++ MVP http://www.debuginfo.com/] What exactly is the debugger's Modules window? > What exactly is the de...

Impact of changing database column width?
Hi, We are a software product company and are planning to begin using the Contract Administration module. To do so, we will be switching our inventory items from Track: None to Track: Serial Numbers and we will be storing our software license keys in the Serial Number field which is column SERLTNUM in table SOP10201. Unfortunately, SERLTNUM is CHAR(21) and our license keys are a few characters wider than 21. We can get the keys down to 21 characters by removing three embedded hyphens, but there are several databases outside of GP where the license keys must still exist with...

can't load outlook
I have an oem version of outlook 2002, when I try to load after entering the 25 digit product key the next screen lists microsoft outlook with a red x next to it and the words not available after it. Whats up, it won't load. I'm trying to set up outlook for a PDA. System is windows ME. Can anyone help? "kevin maser" <maserco@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:050401c4249c$c41b2d30$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have an oem version of outlook 2002, when I try to load > after entering the 25 digit product key the next screen > lists microsoft outlook with a red x nex...

Database Queries with database views, that base on many database t
I created 2 database views. Each of them uses 256 database tables. From every database table only one column is used in the select list of the view. Every database table has one column which is used for the join. Each database table has 5 rows. The database tables have not any foreign keys and indexes. Both views works fine. When I use the database views in a query like this: SELECT v1.*, v2.* FROM v1, v2 WHERE v1.id=v2.id I should get 5 rows with 512 columns in the resultset. But I get the following error from the SQL-Server (after about 5 minutes): Msg 8621, Level 17, State 2...

Use query from another database
Hi In the code below is there a way that qryOrderHistory could be in a separate database. If so how would i refer to it in the code. Thanks Dim db As DAO.Database Dim qd As DAO.Querydef Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Set db = CurrentDb Set qd = db.QueryDefs("qryOrderHistory") qd.Parameters("prmCustNo") = lngCustNo Set rs = qd.OpenRecordset() If Not rs.Eof Then .... code to populate an excel spreadsheet Change your 'Set db = CurrentDb' line to something like the following .. Set db = DbEngine.OpenDatabase("full path and name of target MDB here") -- ...

Access 2003/Win 2000. I have lots of forms that use multiple subforms so I've placed them on tab controls. The subforms are rather complex so Access tends to crap out when trying to run a report with a form open. I decided to experiment with loading/unloading subforms via the tab control change event. I've got this which works just fine: Private Sub TabCtrlAttributes_Change() Select Case Me.TabCtrlAttributes Case 1 Me.sfrmProfilesCodes.SourceObject = "sfrmProfilesCodes" Case 2 Me.sfrmProfilesApprovals.SourceObject =...

Set Database in Excel
In Microsoft article 183446 under method 2, it refers to using "Set Database" on the Data menu. I am using Excel 2002 (the article says it applies to Excel 2002), but Set Database does not appear in my Data menu. Is this an error? It's an error due, I think, to very old menu structures. The article says that the information applies to everything from version 5.0 (1995) through 2003, inclusive. But I believe that the Set Database menu item disappeared from the Data menu as of Excel 97. And one has long defined a name using the Insert menu, not the Formula menu. But my rapidl...

upgraded from MSSQL 2000 to MSSQL 2005 now database's users have
Hello. I updated the MSSQL 2000 server to MSSQL 2005 server now the database's users have no login names. I found a way to list orphaned users sp_change_users_login 'Report' but it only listed dbo and there are actually five listed with MSSQL Server Management Studio Express. I tried this sp_change_users_login 'update_one', 'RPS', 'RPS' but I get the following error the user name 'RPS' is absent or invalid. Any ideas? Try with Auto_Fix instead; see the example at the end of the following article: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/...

Client access problem after databases restoration
Hello! Recently we had a problem with an Exchange 2003 Back-End server with 6 mailbox store distributed thru 4 SG, and we lost the databases because the SAN's disks partitions were deleted by mistake. So, we had to do a restore from a backup, but when we could not mount the stores, so we used eseutil /p command, and after, eseutil /d, and then isinteg -s servername -fix -test alltests. We could mount the stores, users can use email. The problem now is that we have some users that could not access their mailbox thru Outlook, and when we try to move to another store, we receive an ...

database or other software?
I need help with the following situation: I want to create files or a database that will contain information about my clients, with their business information (i.e address, phone, fax, type of business, in which states they do business) to send an invitation to bid on a construction project. I want , where a database would fill out the information automatically on the bid invitation, then fax, or email the invitation to each selected clients according to their specialty. Then I will need to keep track of who answers my invitations in order to "weed out" clients who do...

Form in another database
How can I check if an Access form is open or loaded when the form is in another Access application (mdb or nde file). Alex ...

Recover a Prod content database to Dev farm
Hello, I was wondering is it possible to recover (copy) a content database from a seperate farm to a Dev farm? I came across a few hints about using the "Copy the database files to a network folder" option, but nothing concrete. I'd appreciate if someone could clarify this for me? regards, Edgar You can recovery a database to a network location. We have the following options: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb808956.aspx You will see the details in the "Tasks" section -- Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K...

I have been attempting to use the CreateIconFromResourceEx() function to load an icon from a chunk of memory, but it always returns NULL. What I did is I opened the .ico file using CreateFile() and mapped the contents of the file into memory (i.e. using a memory mapped file). I then passed in the pointer I obtained to CreateIconFromResourceEx() like this: HICON hIcon = ::CreateIconFromResourceEx(pbyData, dwSize, TRUE, 0x00030000, 0, 0, LR_DEFAULTSIZE | LR_DEFAULTCOLOR); This always returns NULL, unfortunately. I tried using the LookupIconIdFromDirectoryEx() on the same data pointer and...

Disabling &[Time] macro in headers and footers
I need to have in my header and / or footer companies with "&T" in them ("AT&T", "BS&T", etc.), but anytime I put "&T" in an Excel 2007 header or footer, it gets converted to a timestamp. How do I diable this feature? Use two & characters where you want a single & to appear. E.g,. AT&&T Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP 1998 - 2010 Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com [email on web site] On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 09:28:01 -0800, John Mirabella <JohnMirabella@discussions.microsoft.co...

Attendance Database Setup
I am creating an attendance database for my company. There are 19 different departments in the company and each manager tallies his/her own employee attendances. I had a spreadsheet set up, but it wasn't on a rolling calendar basis. Then, I was going to have the managers delete old months, but that would most likely mess with the formulas. So the new spreadsheet needs to be on a rolling calendar basis, so that when a new month comes up, the previous month from last year will drop off in calculations. My file has three worksheets, one titled "Summary", one titled "Detail...

CRM 4.0
Has anyone found a way to enable the Set Synchronizing Client (set this computer to be the Synchronizing client) in a load balanced environment so that whichever server they connect to, it is checked? We have users coming in via Citrix to run their Office 2003 / CRM 4.0 instance, but are having issues when they log in and connect to the other server. ...

Database schema
Does anybody have an "official" database schema or data model for these databases? The list of tables and field names for the dbs are in the Resource Descriptions under Tools in GP Our book Information Flow and Posting maps the movement of data between the tables for the transactions in GP, RM, PM POP, SOP, and Inventory. Find it on our web site at http://www.AccoladePublications.com Are we going to see you at Convergence in Orlando? We are throwing a big party aboard an ocean going cruise ship on Wednesday. Visit our web site at http://www.AccoladePublications.com for d...