Importing of tables and other database elements into a new databas

I have posted a query on the subject but i don't remember the exact date.
How to find our my query and know whether it is answered or not.

On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 22:57:01 -0700, Bobharis
<Bobharis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

I typically go to groups.google.com and run a query there.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>I have posted a query on the subject but i don't remember the exact date.
>How to find our my query and know whether it is answered or not.
0
Tom
3/27/2010 1:27:47 PM
How depends on what ... what newsreader are you using?

Have you tried <Find>?

--

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in
this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does
not constitute endorsement thereof.

guarantee as to suitability.

possible/necessary.

"Bobharis" <Bobharis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have posted a query on the subject but i don't remember the exact date.
> How to find our my query and know whether it is answered or not.

0
Jeff

Just installed new hard drive
I just installed a new hard drive and used the drive's utility program to copy everything from my old drive to the new one. Now Outlook isn't going out to my ISP's server and getting my new messages, and when I send a message I get the "no transport provider available" error. (My connection's just fine.) I looked online for some help. One recommendation was to delete the Personal Folder and create a new one. I did that, but then all the messages I had disappeared and it freaked me out so I didn't want to mess with anything else. How can I make it work ...

Constructing Hyperlink from the Database Record fields
I am working on a Windows XP environment using MS Office 2007 including Access 2007. I want to open a document from Access 2007 which I can easily do with Hyperlink type field. However since all the necessary information is already in the Database Record I try to avoid creating additional field which would be a Hyperlink type on the Form unless it is absolutely necessary. Below is the code that I have to construct the FullFileName which consisted of ServerName, Division, Unit, RequirementDirectory, FolderName and the FileName itself. As you can see the Database records has al...

Pivot Table Question #15
Hey all, Love pivot tables but i have a question, the table is set up as so Month Pallet# BoxesPur BoxesSold Price Frt Gross Net Jan 1 5 1.0 ..3 Formula Formula 2 5 2.0 .5 3 10 3 .15 Jan Total 10 10 6.0 ..95 So, the problem is in the Jan Total row, is there a way...

moving databases
when i use the "optomizer" program and agree to the recomendations, the program fails to move the databases. It will attempt to, and then after awhile it just stops responding. When i try to move the databases manually and then change the data paths, i get an error that says the data is already moved and it fails to change the paths... any suggestions?? Hi Tim, Do the databases themselves actually move? Does the server hang trying to stop services? Look in the registry at HKeyLocalMachine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ ParametersPrivate\DB Path ParametersP...

lead import seams to be boring
Hi. Everytime I import leads from Excel I must manually map every column to the proper CRM fileds. Is there a way to do it once ? In the first row of excel file I wrote the name of the labels of the fields but it doesn't work. Any idea ? Sebastiano To automate it, you could use the Data Migration Framework, set up a recurring DTS task to move the leads from Excel to the CDF tables, and then a batch job to run the Migration tool at night (or whenever nobody is in the system). Harder to set up, but easier to maintain, until the spreadsheet changes. :-) -- Kevin Hill 3NF Consulting w...

Retrieving sorted data from same table.
Hi All, I am working on a table (mentioned below) I am looking for a query which can get me the data according to the =93id=94 column with respect to speed. The condition is that I have to get three consecutive entries which have speed > 60 Below is the sample table with data on which I have to retrieve the data on above condition. The output i need can be as given below DVXC002 12/10/09 0:12 96 DVXC002 12/10/09 18:40 89 DVXC002 12/10/09 19:43 65 DVXC005 12/10/09 11:56 69 DVXC005 12/10/09 15:26 62 DVXC005 12/10/09 17:35 85 Need your help urgently....Thanks in advan...

Import directory data into Excel 2003
I have over 1000 media files that I would like to extract information from and put into an Excel spreadsheet. Using Explorer, I have defined the fields I would like to see, such as title, duration, comment etc. Now, I need to import this data into Excel. So far, I've not been able to find a way to do this. Can someone offer some suggestions please? Thanks, Nigel -- www.myoldcontacts.com - Tell your friends to tell their friends www.sysadmininc.com - Consultancy, Service, Sales, Networking... www.british-expats.com - Connect with British Expats World Wide www.kxez.com/shows_britishinv...

Import excel data to outlook calendar
I have found lots of tips to import excel data to the address book, etc, but can't find how to "custom map" or how to import data from an excel spreadsheet into the outlook calendar. Could anyone make any suggestions? Hi Tracy, normally you are in the wrong newsgoup, but I try to help you. - First export the dates from your OL calender to an excel file. - In this file, you can find all the headlines for importing. - If you try to import date, be sure that the headline matches as described before. - Then to the normal job for import in Outlook -- Ich hoffe, das hilft / ...

Mastering Great Plains Tables
Greetings, Does anyone have or know where I can acquire a detailed document detailing every single Great Plains table? I've used the data dictionary on and off over the years and have familiarity with a decent number of the important tables that are critical to my work, but is there something a little more detailed so that I can get at least a cursory understanding of *all* the tables? I'm thinking of creating a flash card for each table and on the back writing a brief sysnopsis of what it's used for, then regularly quizing myself. Failing anything else, I'll probably use th...

Problems updating Access 2003 Database
We currently use an Access 2003 data base to create and send forms within the organization. We are seeing instances where the new records are not appending and believe it may be the query that is causing the issue. The INSERT query is: INSERT INTO table_headerdata ( wso_num ) SELECT Max([table_headerdata]![wso_num])+1 AS Expr1 FROM table_headerdata WHERE wso_num < 1000000; We would appreciate any help to resolve this issue. On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 16:50:00 -0800, ehess00 <ehess00@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We currently use an Access 2003 data base to create and send for...

Template Wizard, why aren't records being created in database
When creating a template using the Template Wizard, the database is being created but only the field headings are created. Why aren't the records being created in the database? ...

Importing Excel named ranges using MS Query
I want to use multiple ranges (named) as the data source for a pivot table using MS Query. When I import the workbook my options are only to select the "tables" (which are my sheets referenced as sheetname$). I don't want to use the entire sheet, just my named ranges in multiple sheets. Thanks, Kathy H Names ranges should appear in the list of tables, unless they're dynamic ranges. But if there's nothing else on the sheet, you can use the sheetname$ tables. KHanna wrote: > I want to use multiple ranges (named) as the data source for a pivot table > usi...

Pivot table Data field question
I create a pivot table from three columns of data, using the Wizard.In the Layout dialogue, I drag one of my fields to the Rows; I drag anther field to the Columns. I need to drag a third field to the Data area. There's no conflict there, each Data cell of the resulting matrix would be unique. Excel doesn't let me do this. It insists on using a calculation, e.g. Sum of [field3], Count of [field3], etc. How do I convince Excel to insert just the value of Field3 in the Data? -- Regards Gershon Shamay The field you drag to the data area will always be summarized. However, if the v...

Error message
I cannot create a new folder on an external HDD. Win XP Pro, SP3. I go to My Computer, and select the external HDD letter. Then go over to the right-hand pane, right click and select New, then Folder. This produces an error message "Unable to create the folder 'New Folder' The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." I can save and retrieve a Word document all right to this same external HDD. I can use the above method to create a new folder on the desktop, and on the two HDDs that are internal to the computer. Virus and malware scans are negati...

Table SY00800 in DYNAMICS Database
Working in Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 Tools>>Utilities>>Purchasing>>Reconcile Process I get the messages: You can’t complete this process while transactions are being edited. I’m tried to reconcile because any time access Purchases Order Entry I get the message: Purchase Order Processing setup information is missing. Also access Batch Inquiry Inquiry>>System>>Batch show me the Purch. Order Entry Status Edit, but I don’t know how delete or change the status. Looking in SQL I found SY00800 in DYNAMICS Database that has the records all with 0 in posting’s colum...

Unable to install 2000 Publisher upgrade on new computer
I have a new computer with office xp professional, but the publisher application that came with xp does not have the same functionality of the office 2000 professional publisher that i created most of my publications with. I can not get the "2000 upgrade" that I purchased to install on my new computer. It says that there is not a valid product to update. Is there some way around this? Do you have any old Microsoft product disks that you can install? Works, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Lotus 1-2-3, Microsoft Project or Word. Publisher 2002 is superior to 2000. What features ...

Importing .txt data into Excel
I am trying to import a .txt file with a 6 digit date into Excel. The date is formatted as a mmddyy and when changing this field to a date excel seems to translate any yy >= 30 as 1930 instead of 2030? Dave, That is the default break point for two digit year data entry. If you need 010135 to be Jan 1, 2035, then use an four digit year in the txt file creation. Otherwise, use a formula to fix the dates - say that you will have no dates in the 1900s: =IF(YEAR(A2)<2000,DATE(YEAR(A2)+100,MONTH(A2),DAY(A2)),A2) then copy down and paste special values over the original ...

Transferring files to a new computer
Hi - I'm in the process of configuring my new Windows XP with MSFT Small Biz. I was running Windows 98 and using Outlook 2000. Now I want to copy all my old emails, folders, addresses etc. into the new version of Outlook 2003 but I can't seem to find it. It's not recognizing my saved files as .PST files. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks, daviskho "daviskho" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052801c3dbb0$e46e5970$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi - I'm in the process of configuring my new Windows XP > with MSFT Small Biz. ...

Pivot Table and Zeros #2
The cell has a value of zero, it's not blank. The value is coming from a formula that equals 0 Tk -- mense2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mense23's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=717 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26957 Hi you may change your formula to return only "" -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "mense23" <mense23.1e6dhy@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:mense23.1e6dhy@excelforum-nospam.com... > > ...

Capital One giving me corrupt Money import files
Money is saying the files I get from Capital One credit card are corrupt. Some months import fine, while others I get an error. I try to get support from Capital One, but they keep giving me the runaround. Anything I can do with Money to get this to work? I have about 50 transactions a month and rather not input these manually! -Max Max, The problem is that there's a character in the statement you're getting from Capital One that Money is choking on. I've run in to the same issue...save the statement from Capital One to your hard drive and edit it by hand. Search for &qu...

Database changes from 1.3 to 2.0 affecting custom reports
I just installed an upgrade from 1.3 to 2.0. The customer has some custom reports that worked fine in 1.3, but don't run anymore in 2.0. I suspect that some of the table or field names are not the same. When we try and run one of the custom reports we get this error: Alter Table VIEWSTOREQTY and Alter Column DAYOFYEAR DATETIME" Then when I hit OK, I get this additional message "(5) Invalid Procedure call or argument." I have a copy of the custom report, but don't know how to identify which table names or fields have changed. Where would I find a list of tabl...

New Task Duration Time
Where can I change the default "Duration" of (30 Minutes) when creating a new Task? ...