Employee Training Help

Hey Y'all,

I am creating an employee training database where I can run reports and
queries about who has taken what type of course.

What kind of relationship should be created between the tables? Based on the
some of the discussions I have seen here, I have created three tables:

1: tblemployee (with employee id set as primary key)
2: tbltraining (with trainingid set as primary key).This table has no
employee information
3: tlbcompletedtraining (in this table I have employee ids with the id's of
the training courses that they have completed)

I am unsure of what kind what kind of relationships to create between the
three tables.

Any help out there would be greatly appreciated....

It sounds like both Employee and Training are one to many with Completed
Training
However since you might want to tracj scheduled training (not yet complete)
you might want to rename the third table and have an date for completion
which can be set or unset.
-- Dorian
eat for a lifetime".

Lkay107 wrote:
>Hey Y'all,
>
>I am creating an employee training database where I can run reports and
>queries about who has taken what type of course.
>
>What kind of relationship should be created between the tables? Based on the
>some of the discussions I have seen here, I have created three tables:
>
>1: tblemployee (with employee id set as primary key)
>2: tbltraining (with trainingid set as primary key).This table has no
>employee information
>3: tlbcompletedtraining (in this table I have employee ids with the id's of
>the training courses that they have completed)
>
>I am unsure of what kind what kind of relationships to create between the
>three tables.
>
>Any help out there would be greatly appreciated....

Employee---(1,M)---SessionRoster---(M,1)---Session---(M,1)----TrainingCourse

SessionRoster has "Grade" or "Completed" or something... to show that the
"student" finished the course.

PieterLinden
5/27/2010 11:06:15 PM
You might find this helpful --
How do you have your tables setup?  Maybe like this --
Employee --
EmpID - Autonumber - primary key
LName - text
FName - text
MI - text
HireDate - DateTime
Depart - DateTime
....etc.

Training --
CourseID - Autonumber - primary key
Title - text
Period - text (m- Monthly, q- Quarterly, yyyy- Yearly)
ReCur - Number - long integer
ReqdBy - text (OSHA 1910,  HR Manual 5.8.3, Finance 4.23.1)
Grace - Number - long integer ā€“ number of days grace period allowed

EmpTraining --
EmpID - number - long integer
CourseID - number - long integer
TngDue - DateTime
CompDate - DateTime
Pass - Yes/No

Employee.Depart Is Null AND EmpTraining.Max(CompDate) AND EmpTraining.Pass =
-1

Next_Training_Required:  DateAdd([Period], [ReCur], IIF(Abs(DateDiff(ā€œdā€,
Max(CompDate), Max(TngDue))) <= Grace, Max(TngDue), Max(CompDate)))

You could append training due records following update of any due record
using the two fields TngDue and CompDate.  Then run query with duedate
descending to show all next training.
------------------------
Here are two post of mine on maintenace that might apply to training --
You need a ServiceReq table listing the services and interval.  Then a
VehicleSvcReq the has vehicle ID, ServiceReq, Method.   Method is whether
next service is the last schedule plus interval or last completion plus
interval.
The interval needs to be the lowest common denominator of all services such
as weeks if any one of the services is to be accomplished on a weekly basis -
bi-weekly - monthly - quarterly.  All intervals will be multiples of the
selected interval. If fluid checks are weekly and oil change every three
months then oil change would be interval 13 - 13 weeks.
-----------------------                   ---------------
In a Task table have a field indicating interval number for the maintenance.
Use the lowest common denominator such as weeks, months or quarters.  If you
can not make it work with the lowest common denominator then use two fields,
one for interval type and other for numerial --
   m    2   - for 2 months
   d     30  - for 30 days
   q     2   - for 2 quarters
Use these in DateAdd function to create your workorders using an append query.

Another thing to think about is whether to schedule based on last performed
date or straight calendar.  If a maintenance task was performed late or
earlier should the next one be be form the completion date or whenever the
calendar says it should be.  Have a field in the task table indicating which
if you have mixed.
The workorder needs a date field for DueDate and Completed.  The append
query will look at task table for interval information and which date to use
- last completed or last scheduled.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"Lkay107" wrote:

> Hey Y'all,
>
> I am creating an employee training database where I can run reports and
> queries about who has taken what type of course.
>
> What kind of relationship should be created between the tables? Based on the
> some of the discussions I have seen here, I have created three tables:
>
> 1: tblemployee (with employee id set as primary key)
> 2: tbltraining (with trainingid set as primary key).This table has no
> employee information
> 3: tlbcompletedtraining (in this table I have employee ids with the id's of
> the training courses that they have completed)
>
> I am unsure of what kind what kind of relationships to create between the
> three tables.
>
> Any help out there would be greatly appreciated....

Access training 01-09-08
I am in need of some advise on getting some training on Access 2007. Does anyone jnow where I could get training via a webcast on Assess 2007? I already know I want the software, so I do not want to download the trial. Thank you. ...

VBA/Macro/Date format help
Hello Firstly I apologise if this is not the right forum. Some kind soul (I forget who, sorry) wrote me a macro that copied the contents of 4 columns to another part of a spreadsheet if the date matched today's date. For some reason I can't fathom, when it copies the date, it does so in US format rather than the UK format which is the setting for my PC. Given that today's date (2nd August) in UK reads as 02/08/03 the US format returns the date of Feb 2nd. I really don't understand VBA at all, when I call the help file Excel can't locate it, and I'm struggling! I can ...

Help with time please.
I have this formula that caluclates time"=IF(K27-E25+F25-L27<=0,0,K27-E25+F25-L27)". in cell G25. It works fine if E25 is 11:00 PM and F25 is 11:30 PM. If I try to calculate E25 is 11:55 PM and F25 is 12:05 AM it gives me 0:00. What is wrong? Floyd This also depends on your values of K27 and L27 (I suspect these are dates), but think of 12:05AM as being 0:05 - it is less than 23:55 (11:55PM), and as you are subtracting one from the other the result is less than 0, so your formula returns 0. Hope this helps. Pete Floyd Forbes wrote: > I have this formula that caluclate...

Please Help with Windows Defender Error
Hi, I hope someone can help me. I have read so many documents and tried so many things that do not work. When I turn on my computer I get this error message about windows defender. Error Code 0x800106ba Application failed to initialize.... I found this article "Article ID: 931849 - Last Review: May 4, 2010 - Revision: 3.0" . I tried everything and nothing worked. I got to the last option, #4 and this file wuaueng.dll was not succefull in running. Here is what the last option # 4 says to do. If this issue is not resolved after you complete step 3, follow this step:...

Status unreachable PLEASE HELP
Hello all, When I go to tools => Monitoring and status => status in the exchange system manager, in the right pane, one of my servers in another routing group is reported unreachable. However, mail connectivity is working between the 2 routing groups. Any idea's? Thanks Glenn ...

New Employee
Using Exchange 2000 with Outlook 2003 on XP client We have replaced an employee, setup their new email address, setup user account on Exchange, etc. The former employee's mailbox is still functioning and the current employee is using their account until we switch over. We would like everything in all of the folders in Outlook '03 from the former employee to be transferred to the new employee's Outlook profile/mailbox. The new employee needs to refer to contacts, emails etc from the former employee. We will setup the proper email forwarding, but how do we transfer/copy all current...

Access 2007 ribbon help

Update: Microsoft Dynamics GP Customisation Training
Registrations for the Singapore Training courses are closing soon and we need a few more attendees to ensure that the classes run. Please note that the GP Customisation tools (Dexterity, Report Writer and Modifier with VBA) will be used for the core Microsoft Dynamics GP client for at least ten more years. Training opportunities for these tools are rare worldwide and even rarer in the Asia Pacific region and this is an opportunity that should not be missed. Having knowledge of Dexterity and Modifier/VBA allows the consultant or developer to better support and customise the Microsoft Dy...

Need Help.
I have a DataTable with a integer field called SortOrder. This table is loaded with and XML file. I have this table in a DataView and I set the RowFilter to filter some row, then I change the SortOrder, set the Sort property to "SortOrder". This works fine the first 20 to 50 times. Then I get this error. This error does not occur if I do not set the Sort property to SortOrder. If I set the Sort property to another column or blank the error never occures. ========================================================================= Additional information: Object reference not set to...

SQL Express Help/Question
The time has come to shrink my database. I have done this many times before, but this will be my first time with SQLExpress. I conenct to the database in the administrator, and type in the following for a query: select * from journal It runs for a good 20 minutes...then the results come up and there is nothing there. The headers for all of the journal entries are there, but there is no data and it says "0 row(s) returned" What am I doing wrong? select * from journal is a pretty intensive way just to find a count of how much you have there. A better way would be: select...

Scrollbar Help
I have not used scrollbar in excel much. I have these data in my sheet1, Days column has data for days 1 to 365 and Load column has numbers between 1 to 100. I want to use scroll bar in such a way tha if i want Load number say 90 then it should take all the value from Load which is less than or equal to 90 and change chart according to that. In my chart i have days value on x -axis and Load values of Y axis. Day Load 1 45 2 50 3 90 .. . .. 80 365 . ...

Money 2005 Won't Update or Connect to Help
I recently installed Money 2005 and when I went to update I got error messasges for all my accounts. After several days of trying unsuccessfully to update, I uninstalled Money 2005 and reinstalled Money 2004. Everything worked fine nad 2004 connected and updated. I reinstalled Money 2005 and again it would not update. When I clicked on Help it didn't connect either. Then I installed Money 2005 in another computer and it worked fine. When I went to this website on my home computer I could read postings but when I tired to post a question it prompted me to sign onto Passport, b...

help with custom timer
Can amy one help with this: I have a worksheet that i want to have a time stamp in B8, when an "x is present in d8,e8,f8 or g8. I also need a time stamp in c8, when L is double clicked. It must repeat from row 8 to row 153. Please help if you can. Thanks alot -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi for the first timestamp have a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html For the second timestamp use the worksheet_beforedoubleclick event (quite similar to the above) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Can amy one help with this: > > I have ...

Terminating an Employee
Hello: When you terminate an employee in the Termination window in HR, is the amount paid to the employee in the last pay check prorated based on the "Last Date Worked" field? In other words, does Great Plains prorate pay? Thanks! childofthe1980s No matter which word you use, the answer is the same. GP does not prorate. -- Charles Allen, MVP "childofthe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > When you terminate an employee in the Termination window in HR, is the > amount paid to the employee in the last pay check prorated based on the "Last > Date Work...

Need help building a simple worksheet, please
Hi, I am new here, I am no math wizard, for sure. But I want to build simple worksheet in excel that will do the following: Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want say 3 columns (at least) (person owed money) (total owed) (% of total debt) then each following line would be different debtors The idea being, for example, say I have 100 dollars extra to put o past due bills. I want to divide it equally between all my past du bills, but send it proportionately according to what there amount i compared to the total amount. (column b compared to total of column b ...

Javascript help 09-01-06
I am attempting something I thought to be easy, however maybe not. In the Leads form on the details page I added the county field, when the zipcode field is filled out, I want to autofil the county field with the appropriate county, from a javascript similar to this. But I must be doing something wrong. // array of zip codes var zc = new Array(11545, 06513, 06514, 11542); // array of towns var cc = new Array('Glen Head', 'East Haven', 'Hamden', 'Glen Cove'); function fill() { // get zip code field var zo = document.forms['f'].elements[...

datgrid helps those who help themselves
ok - I'm not looking for a specific answer to a specific problem all I need is a push in the right direction where can I find full descriptions/usage for ALL the DATAGRID operators (ie GetVal, GetText, ...... (Visual C++ 6. thanks ...

Formula Help #39
I am using a way to do the following column1 column 2 column 3 (2+3)+(3*5) 5+15 20 in the first column I want to be able to see the expresion in the second column I want to have the result of each parenthesis and in the final column the result Please help Thanks Stelios ...

Pivot table help 04-13-10
Hi, I have a vertical list / database that I want to flip horizontally. SSN...........Field...........Value xxxx lastname jones xxxx firstname mike xxxx dob 12/31/1958 xxxx empid 58423 xxxy lastname smith xxxy firstname mary xxxy dob 04/14/1949 xxxy empid 51474 <etc> What I want is SSN LastName FirstName DOB EmpID xxxx Jones Mike 12/31/1958 58423 xxxy Smith ...

Help: Working With Lists
I would appreciate some help, I have a list of data that consists of text. 2 columns wide, x number of rows down. I would like to copy this list to another sheet, but so the data is visible across 1 A4 sheet High, by X number of A4 sheets in width. ( as many needed to display the data ) I have tried copying this list to another sheet by setting up the print area and pasting to the selected cells, but everytime the list stays in the original format and continues down out of the print area, in the first 2 columns. Many thanks I may not be following you exactly but it sounds as if you migh...

Query/Report based on Employee Hire Date
This is probably a very basic thing that I just don't know how to do. I need to pull a report on people hired in December, regardless of year, for performance appraisals. The hire date that I currently have in the database is in the mm/dd/yyyy format. How do I sort on just the Month portion of this. I can then build my reports off of the query. Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions. Steve Add a calculated field to the query. Field: Month([Hire Date]) Criteria: 12 That gets everyone ever hired in the month of December. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005,...

help plz
my account has been inactive how to i reacctivate it? What account and what does this have to do with Outlook? "heather" <tracyliepke@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:066001c36c53$bb68d180$a501280a@phx.gbl... > my account has been inactive how to i reacctivate it? ...

HR Employee class
Hi I just wanna know how to use Employee class after installing HR. It usually appears in the EMployee maintenance screen, until we activate HR, it disappears. Thanks for your reply ASAP You did not mention Payroll, so I'm going to assume you only have the HR module. The employee class is used to facilitate creating and reporting by employees. -- Charles Allen, MVP "wissam" wrote: > Hi > > I just wanna know how to use Employee class after installing HR. > It usually appears in the EMployee maintenance screen, until we activate HR, > it disappears. >...

Hiding Personal Employee Information in Address Book
First off the environment is Exchange 2003 SP1 with Active Directory 2003. Basically... our HR department was granted limited access to AD to fill in user information (Home address, telephone, etc...) and I then modified the default user ACL so that any member of "Group X" in AD was denied access to seeing the above personal information. This worked on the Global Address List as well.... But now there's a problem. We've been setting up users in Cached Mode, and those users are able to see everything. I believe this has to do with the fact that Exchange is generating t...

Please help: Trying to return 1st unique value of items in a list
I've got a list of values, many of which are duplicates. How do I creat a list of just the first instance of each unique value -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Look at data>filter>advanced filter, use copy to another location and unique records only -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "jhburris >" <<jhburris.15u4uv@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jhburris.15u4uv@excelforum-nospam.com... > I've got a list of values, many of which are duplicates. How do I create > a list of just the first instance of each unique value? > >...