Display Row Number in Datasheet View

Can someone tell me how I can display the row numbers in a datasheet view
when a query is run?  I have looked and looked and can not figure out where
and how I can do that.  I just want it to display like a spreadsheet would
with the row and column numbers.

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 12:07:02 -0800, garvic82
<garvic82@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Can someone tell me how I can display the row numbers in a datasheet view
>when a query is run?  I have looked and looked and can not figure out where
>and how I can do that.  I just want it to display like a spreadsheet would
>with the row and column numbers.

Since a Table is not a Spreadsheet, it doesn't HAVE row numbers. They simply
don't exist, and they wouldn't be stable anyway if someone were to delete
records or present them in a different sort order.

You can easily put sequential numbers on a Report by including a textbox with
a control source of

=1

and set its Running Sum property to "Over All"; it's much harder, and data
dependent, in a Form.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

On 11.02.2010 21:07, garvic82 wrote:
> Can someone tell me how I can display the row numbers in a datasheet view
> when a query is run?  I have looked and looked and can not figure out where
> and how I can do that.  I just want it to display like a spreadsheet would
> with the row and column numbers.
Normally this makes no sense, as Access is not Excel. Can you explain
why you want this kind of row/column numbering?

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan
2/11/2010 8:49:00 PM
>>I can display the row numbers in a datasheet view
Add a field for it.   Access does not store record (rows) by numbering.  It
stores like a barrel of bricks and maybe displayed just as much a jumble
unless you sort on some field.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"garvic82" wrote:

> Can someone tell me how I can display the row numbers in a datasheet view
> when a query is run?  I have looked and looked and can not figure out where
> and how I can do that.  I just want it to display like a spreadsheet would
> with the row and column numbers.

view of folders created
Using winxp, outlook 2002. I have created folders under my inbox to organize emails. When I set up my view I would like it to be the default for all of the folders under my inbox. for example, if i select the field received to be shown i want it to show in all the folders i created by applying this view. What i do now is i have to go to every individual folder and change the view. i have tried define views and apply view, could it be that we have to go into every folder. thanks. ...

Dual Displays

Define name box size too small for viewing large formulas
Hi, When we create a new name using insert and define name then if the formula is long it becomes difficult to view the whole formula. Also one is not able to use navigation buttons left,right here as if we do that then the formula gets modified. is there any way to see the whole formula. Like for creating ever expanding validation list using Debra's technique one uses offset etc but one is not able to view the whole big formula. Please guide me. Regards, Hari India Hi try hitting F2 while in this text box. After this you should be able to navigate within this box. -- Regards Frank ...

Folder could not be displayed

I can't view the whole "sum"
Hello, I'll try to explain my situation the best I can. I have Excel 2003. On the bottom of my sheet there is this task line ( I don't know how to explain it in English) where you see for example if you have caps on or not and on the left you see the word "ready". What my problem is that when I select some numbers I see on that area of the program the word sum= and next to it the sum of the numbers I selected. That sum changes depending on the numbers I select. That is something I need and use. My problem is that I can't see the whole sum-number next to the word su...

How to select & display distinct values

Display Time in Outlook

PK and FK Displayed

Formulas are displayed, results are not

underline in row not repeating
It seems as if my bottom of the cell outline is not repeating on subsequent pages. I have a few header rows on a sheet. The bottom row has a bottom line. I'm talking about cell outlines, not underlining of words in the cell. Anyway, I've told the print option to repeat the first 3 rows on following pages but the bottom outline does not seem to repeat. How can I fix this? Thanks, Keith Never mind. This seems to be working. Not sure what was going on the first time. "Keith G Hicks" <krh@comcast.net> wrote in message news:OM82rj8rIHA.2068@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >...

calendar sometimes opens in month view
every once in a while (sorry that i can't be more precise), i find that clicking on calendar, under 'all folders' , causes it to open in month view. i can go back to inbox, and again click on calendar and get month view again. for most of a day. then it goes back to opening on current day. which it does most of the time. i don't remember if this happens after a reboot, standby, or just for no apparent reason. actually i prefer month view and wish i could make it open this way all the time. any ideas about what it happening here? ...

Stop displaying a line

Converting number to text

Advanced Find & View
Hi, Scenario: Create an advanced find to save as a view. 3 entities involved - Contacts and two custom entities. They are related. Build the advanced find ok, but can't edit the columns view to include data from entity 2 and 3, only from contacts entity. Is it possible to add those columns? if so, how? Hi, In MS CRM Advance find view, you won=92t be able to see the columns of entities in edit columns which are having 1:N relationship with Parent entity in your case it=92s contact having 1:N relationship with custom entities. If you want your result set to contain columns from custom as...

Insert formula to range of rows (Variable) from macro
I am getting a debug error 'Compile Error, Expected: end of statement' for the following formula insertion: Set Rng = Worksheets("Calculate").Range("E2:E30") Formula = "=IF(ISBLANK(D3)=TRUE,"Blank",IF(D3>=$D$2+($D$2*0.05),"Over",IF(D3<=$D$2-($C$2*0.05),"Under","Pass")))" Column B has a variable number of rows which I need to drag the formula down for so am putting rows 2-30 as there will never be more than this. Is there a better way of doing this? Any help appreciated Try Range("E2:...

Display or not display series

Displaying an equation
I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have equations in them. I want to have a cell that displays this equation with the answers that are calculated from these other cells displayed as values in the new equation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Check out http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#getformula In article <E4143E2B-360A-4B43-955F-73BF8EC60694@microsoft.com>, "hoising8" <hoising8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have > eq...

Serialisation
A general query Im serialising a person object with the following member variables Class Person Private _forenames As String Private _surname As String Private _dob As Date Private _marital_status As MaritalStatus 'Public Get and Set Properties here for each of the above ' I'll not detail them all to save space but Ill show attributes <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="forename")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="surname")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="dob"...

New Email does not display
When new email arrives you don't know it. You don't know you have new mail until you click on an existing email in your inbox. Any ideas? It's a setting. But... 1. You don't tell us the program you're using. 2. We can't guess if it's Outlook or Outlook Express. 3. This is the Excel newsgroup; you're in the wrong place. :) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Travis" <Travis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D864BC01-7D98-48DA-A132-614D02E45963@microsoft.com... > When new email arrives you don't know ...

deleting repeated rows
I have a sheet with a list of items in column A and a quantity in Column B. In the case where I have identical items in column A, I only want to see the row with the lesser column B quantity and delete the others. Example: Starting with A B BK152 500 CV136 600 BK152 400 I would like to end up with A B BK152 400 CV136 600 Thus throwing out the row with the original quantity of 500 for item BK152 Thanks for any help try this Sub keepsmallestvalue() lr = Cells(R...