Demise of News Group Forum

Assuming Microsoft are not going to listen to their customers and go ahead
with the demise of this excellent forum, perhaps we could have some
suggestions for alternative (non-microsoft?) sites that are available.  Have
any of you found any other particularly good and well frequented sites?

www.utteraccess.com
http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=ACCESS-L

--
--Roger Carlson
   MS Access MVP

"Vagabond" <Vagabond@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Assuming Microsoft are not going to listen to their customers and go ahead
> with the demise of this excellent forum, perhaps we could have some
> suggestions for alternative (non-microsoft?) sites that are available.
> Have
> any of you found any other particularly good and well frequented sites?

0
Roger
5/25/2010 1:15:58 PM
Vagabond,
Are you serious, Microsoft is going to shut down MS Acces Newsgroups or all
of them? This can't be happening. If so where can I read more about it?
Website?

Thanks.
Iram

"Vagabond" wrote:

> Assuming Microsoft are not going to listen to their customers and go ahead
> with the demise of this excellent forum, perhaps we could have some
> suggestions for alternative (non-microsoft?) sites that are available.  Have
> any of you found any other particularly good and well frequented sites?

group lists
could have all of the members listed but in the TO: line it would say "undisclosed list" or something like that - our group is so large I thought it would be good to minimize a few lines in the emails. Barb K <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > could have all of the members listed but in the TO: line > it would say "undisclosed list" or something like that - > our group is so large I thought it would be good to > minimize a few lines in the emails. Use Bcc. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Gran...

How to view and add groups in 2007
Upgraded to 2007 from 03...how do you link an Outlook contacts to another contact..this may be call groups...so I can see all contacts associated with a given contact on the main page? On 2003 there was a box on the lower area of the contact page. I can view this on - all fields with the drop down box of "contacts" will show the linked contacts in 2003. It's still there. You just have to add it to the form. Option is here: Tools > Options. Preferences > Contact Options... > Show Contact Linking on All Forms No, it is not called "groups.&qu...

Group Policy for Different Time Zones
How do you setup in Active Directory for Windows 2003 server a group policy for an OU whose users are located on the east coast when the AD is located in Phoenix so that their time zones are reflective of their location for Outlook calendars, reminders, emails, etc....? Thus if I'm in New York and want to schedule a 4:00pm meeting with someone in Phoenix where the meeting time for them will be 1:00pm and we both are using the same AD on the same server but under different OUs how do we get Outlook calendar to schedule the meeting for each of their respective time z...

finding old news messages
Hi am wondering if somebody can tell me how to find older mail messages. I put a question in a few weeks ago, regarding how to copy a page and paste it to another location without the hidden cells, or grouped cells. Now of course I can't remember how to do this, and can not find the question. I have downloaded all the excel items (3164), but am told there is a way of getting to the whole database Thanks Tim search in google > groups http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&group=microsoft.public.excel good luck Tim wrote: > Hi am wonderin...

News group posting error
When I try to post to the "alt-windows7.general" newsgroup under "aiog.org" I get the following error. I was able to post until a couple weeks ago. "Windows Mail could not post your message. Subject 'Can't post a "reply group"', Account: 'aioe.org', Server: 'aioe.org', Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '441 Too many errors for your IP', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9" How can I correct this error? TIA, Paul ....and you're asking this in a Vista newsgroup,...

News missing
I wnet through the instructions to add News to my Go button. However, I missed the Go button and it ended up on the Menu Bar. when I tried to use it from there it tried to open some folder. So, I opened the Customize to see if I could get it back into there and I would re-drag it to Go. Well it allowed me to drag it to the Customize box when it was open but now the News option is gone. I checked all the customizable options and it is nowhere to be found. I ran the Detect and Repair but that didn't fix it. Where is my News option??? To get the News command back, go back to th...

group mailing
Is there any way that I can conceal the individual addresses when I do a group mailing? If this isn't possible in group mailing, is there another way to do it with MS Mail? All of this applies to OE, WinMail and WLMail. To use the BCC (Blind Carbon Copy) feature, in a new message window, either click View | All Headers and type in the addresses separated by a; Or: Click the To button. You will see your list of contacts and the choice of putting them in the To, CC, or BCC field. Click on an address, then click BCC to add it. Repeat for all the contacts you want. (Note: Mo...

What equation that i need to use to group in vba
Hi, I need to put group no in column 2 (each group contain 6 no), how to do in vba? Ex. Col A Column B 1 1 2 1 3 1 4 1 5 1 6 1 7 2 8 2 9 2 10 2 11 2 12 2 13 3 and continue.. Please help what equation that i need to use to get no in column B Thanks Bonsour� "geniusideas" a �crit > Hi, ...

Is this news group still active?
Just checking to see if anyone reads\replies to messages .. My reader (Thunderbird) seems to have stopped recieving message after 8/10/05... Works fine with mine. V1.0.2 Rowan Prior rowanp <removethis> wrote: > Just checking to see if anyone reads\replies to messages .. My reader > (Thunderbird) seems to have stopped recieving message after 8/10/05... How very strange .. 30 seconds after posting my question, eveything updated ... yeah, I am happy to be back living in the here and now.. noyb wrote: > Works fine with mine. V1.0.2 > > Rowan Prior rowanp <removethi...

Exchange/Outlook 2003
In an effort to make sure we never reach the 16GB threshold for the SBS 2003 Exchange Info Store, I'm looking to setup a GPO to give everyone consistent AutoArchive settings as well as a common location for the PST file. I have already downloaded the Office Administrative Templates for Outlook 2003, so I already have found the settings I want to modify and have made the changes, I just haven't made them live on the domain yet. My thoughts to date: * create two GPOs, one for the PST location, one for the autoarchive settings themselves * set PST location to local drive, or common netw...

DPM 2007 SP1: Modifying the protection group stops all jobs
Hi, the defaults for disk allocation of the SQL Server Protections are fare too small. If I how ever change these defaults while the jobs are running this stops current jobs. Is there a workaround? Thanks Adrian -- Adrian Miller This happens only for initial Replica creation job not later RecoveryPoint/synchronization jobs. But for Sharepoint data sources it forced to cancel the jobs. If you are observing a different behavior please let us know. There is no workaround exists for it. Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with n...

Distribution Group Only From:
I have a distribution group that contains all of the users for our entire organization and I don't want it accessible from everyone, so I deselected everyone. However we do need the distribution list to receive emails from one specific SMTP address which is external to our organization. I have tried creating a contact with the email address that should have the ability to send to this distribution group and entered it in the Only From:, however they are still receiving a bounce back that they don't have permission to send to that distribution group. Anybody have a solution? ...

Hot News! Hot News! Hot News!
Hai. The all-new www.businessjoint.net is ready to serve you in a better way. Visit and succeed! Thanks ...

Search Results Grouping
I have placed a combo box on my form header which gives me a drop down menu from my keywords field on my form. I click on that combo box and click on the appropriate keyword and it goes to that record. This list contains multiple of the same keyword for example;Leiky WeirLandscapeDegradedDegradedCreekRiverCreekCreekOnce I click on one of the keywords it takes me to that exact record. It doesnt group all those records for me and place them at the front of my form for me to view those records. What i want to happen is not have a drop down menu. Have the user type in a keyword in the header of th...

Keep Group Header Titles with Split Detail
How can I force the titles in a Group Header to repeat when the details of the report go over to a second or third page? -- Thanks As Always Rip Set the Repeat Section property of your group header section. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Ripper" <Ripper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F6A2545-741C-4DE3-9D55-BCA56EC2BF4F@microsoft.com... > How can I force the titles in a Group Header to repeat w...

option groups 11-28-07
I want to put an option group on a form and have the results be recorded in my table as text. What should I do in order to convert the number values to associated text options? I tried using a field list table that held all my options, but I can't figure out how to get the display to show the text options. If your answer includes using a query, explain how to set it up, as I'm not too good with queries. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200711/1 If you've got a table that translates the numeric value to a text des...

grouping ...
columnA ColumnB ColumnC columnD 12345 23 78956 10.00 12345 23 89153 15.00 56780 23 15687 20.00 56780 23 15890 20.00 12345 23 78853 30.00 12345 23 87568 30.00 I am importing a table from an external source structured as above and if I sum columnD based on grouping on columnA I would get total for 12345 = 85.00 4 detail records 56780 = 40.00 2 detail records what I want to get however is 12345 = 25.00 2 detail records 56780 = 40.00 2 detail records ...

Reply to address for distribution group
Hi, I am running Exchange 2k and have a domain local distibution group I am a member of. I need to reply back to any email sent to that group and have it shown as coming from that group instead of my account. (ex...email is sent to DistGroup@mydomain.com which in turn forwards to me@mydomain.com, I answer back but instead of the email coming from me@mydomain.com it would come from DistGroup@mydomain.com on only those emails). Also keep in mind others who are members need to have the same happen as well Can anyone help me out?? Thanks in advance. (Please remove the "no spam" to e...

How to group the chart?
I'm lost in the group and ungroup functions. Please help me. Thanks -- slam ----------------------------------------------------------------------- slamm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1501 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26637 Hi not really sure what you're trying to do. Please provide some more information :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "slamm" <slamm.1dne5z@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:slamm.1dne5z@excelforum-nospam.com... > > I'm ...

No News is bad news
I am new to Outlook 2003 but have used Outlook Express for a long time. I want to be able to use newsgroups but am having a problem getting News set up. I followed the instructions from help, 1.. Add the News command to the Go menu. 1.. On the Standard toolbar, click the Toolbar Options arrow . 2.. Point to Add or Remove Buttons, and then click Customize. 3.. Click the Commands tab. 4.. In the Categories list, click Go. 5.. In the Commands list, click News, and drag it, without releasing the mouse, until it rests over the Go menu. When the menu displays a list of comm...

Custom Report Grouping
I have created a database in Access 2003 and am trying to group by months but the months set up in the database are based on a tradional month. We use 4,4,5 accounting months. How can I create a group to based on dates I set up? On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 08:18:09 -0800, CARRIE <CARRIE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a database in Access 2003 and am trying to group by months but >the months set up in the database are based on a tradional month. We use >4,4,5 accounting months. How can I create a group to based on dates I set up? I'd suggest se...

Where is the Outlook 2003 Newsgroup forum?
Ican see the following Newsgroup forums: - Outlook 2002 - Outlook 2000 - Outlook 98 - Outlook 97 - Outlook Express Where is the Outlook 2003 Newsgroup forum? - Scott Young syoung@pmgbenchmarking.com Those groups are no longer valid... are you using an ISP server? Connect directly to msnews.microsoft.com to see the correct list of active groups. BTW - they don't have groups for individual versions, it made for too many groups. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google ...

How To Access Thru News Server
"The messages are visible if you access the group directly using the news server, rather than via the unreliable web interface. -- David Biddulph" David made above comment earlier. How do you do that please? Thanks in advance for any replies. Saved from a previous post: If you're able (not behind a firewall at work???), you may want to connect directly to the MS newsservers. If you have Outlook Express installed, try clicking on these links (or copy and paste into MSIE). news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.excel.setup news://msnews.microsoft...

Fidelity & Money Demise
With the exception of my Fidelity account, I download all my transactions directly from the other financial institutions. Hence, all my bank and credit card downloads will continue to work after 1/10. So far, so good. Unfortunately, Fidelity downloads have to be initiated from within Money. Obviously, that online feature will no longer work after 1/10 (or in my case 10/09). I have emailed Fidelity and asked they what they plan to do to make their transactions downloadable from their web site. So far, no response. I really do not want to convert to another product and then face that problem l...

grouping and ungrouping objects in Publisher 2003
When I try to group objects in Pub 2003, I can draw the box around the objects to group them, but then the group icon doesn't pop up. Actually, nothing happens. I've used Publisher for years and haven't had this problem before. I read a similar question in a discussion group already, but their solution (send a border to the back) didn't apply/work. I wondered if it had to do with the layout setting, but I tried them all, to no avail. When this occurs it is because there is an object in the way, usually it is a border. Open the Graphics Manager in the tools menu. -- Mar...