change cell color

I have made a drop down box, but now want to make when I select a specific
word it will change back ground color in whole row. Say I pick UT for Utah in
my drop down box I want the row to change background color to green, if I
select ID the row changes to purple. Is this possible?

External data link change

Why does the change change to a number?

Excel should have the option to merge contents when merging cells.
When Excel merges cells, it keeps only the upper-left-most contents and deletes the others. It would be nice to have the option (maybe a toggle button in the options menu) to concatenate the contents of all the merged cells, so that the information in the lower-right cells is tacked onto the end of the information inthe upper-left-most cell. This is not a big deal, but it would be a nice bell/whistle to save some steps. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I...

DST changes for Exchange 5.5

Track Changes

more on VBA function name change

How to change icon for my application

How do I identify if a cell in excel contains a formula or a numbe
I would like to identify some how if a cell contains just a written number (ex "25000") or contains a formula. I would like to do this because I have an array where some cell contains formulas but some are numbers and I would like to be able to use conditional formating to highlight the cells that just have a number. Regards /Tobias Click on the cell and look at the formula bar. The formula or the value will appear there. Ian "Tobias Andersson" <Tobias Andersson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:739C49F9-91D7-4F0C-8581-FF04AF3E9375@microsoft.com...

Taking the Mode based on cell value
Could you provide a few more details about what you want to do? -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "sip8316" <sip8316@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3F4DE24-C5E8-4911-96E6-E61A1E56DEF0@microsoft.com... > ...

How to change newsgroup message font

How do I replace the last entire word in text cells?
I understand the REPLACE command but it seems restricted to characters or bytes. I this case, I want to replace the last word in all cells but the word is always different (ie. varying number of characters). Thanks in advance! Array entered (CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER), this will work: =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-MATCH(" ",MID(A1,LEN(A1)-ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&LEN(A1)))+1,1),0)) Change the reference to A1 to which ever cell you want. -- Regards, Dave "George" wrote: > I understand the REPLACE command but it seems restricted to characters or > bytes. I this case, I wan...

Change a formula to an acual number

Format a cell in a range of cells based on value of another cell
In ExceI 2010, I want to highlight those cells in a range of cells which are less than the value of another cell. I have tried several formulas and nothing seems to work. Example formulas applied to the range of cells in K5:K94: =<$G$1 "=<$G$1" ="<$G$1" =<"$G$1" Any help would be appreciated, Barney On 12/07/2011 14:30, Barneypo@gmail.com wrote: > In ExceI 2010, I want to highlight those cells in a range of cells > which are less than the value of another cell. I have tried several > formulas and nothing seems to work. > > Exa...

How do I use cond format formula to set cell text and color?
Using MS Excel 2003: As and example, I entered into Conditional Format for cell B1: "Formula is", IF(A1="","Test",""). For true condition, the format is set to fill Yellow and font color red. I'm expecting cell B1 to display, "Test" in red text with yellow background when A1 is blank, but it does not work. No errors are displayed. Any ideas? in my experience you can only set the format,you cant have the word test show up.Apply the format condition only using =A1="" and put a seperate if statement in the cell.If it blank ...

Problem Changing an Investment Name

How to copy a column of values into another column where the cells are merged
Hi, I have a sheet with a column that lists some values. I also have a second sheet that has a column where the cells are merged every 4 rows. I need to copy the values of the first sheet into the merged cells, but when I do, I only see every fourth value on the merged cells. Is there a formula or any other way that I can use to be able to copy all the values from the first sheet into the second sheet each value on a different group of merged cells? Thanks! Assume you have values in A1:A5 of Sheet1 that you want to copy into Sheet2, where A1:A4, A5:A8, A9;A12 etc are merged. Put this formul...

Should I change this code?

00/01/1900 In the date cell when linked cell is empty?
Hi I have 52 worksheets all linked up to a total sheet that is working very well thanks to RD All I need to do now is sort out the date this is copied from sheet1 onto the totals page and works fine when the date is put into sheet1. However if the cell is blank on sheet2 the date is put into the totals sheet as 00/01/1900 when the date is put in sheet2 all is well with the right date entered into the totals sheet. So how do I get the totals date to stay blank until the weekly sheets have a date put into the sheet please. the format I am using is below many thanks for all the help I ...

Need to reference a block of cells from another sheet.
Dear All, apologies if this is probably a mundane question, but I didn't know what 'search terms' to put in google to return any results.. I've got a Spreadsheet with 12 tabs (sheets), I need part of tab 12 (sheet) to appear on tabs 1-11 (sheets), so that if I change data in tab 12 (sheet), tabs 1-11 (sheets) are changed too.. the cells themselves will never move location, just the data within them.. Is it possible? Regards Paul. On your sheet1 select the cell that should receive the data from Sheet12; Hold down the Shift key and Click on Sheet11 << this shoul...

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

icon changes with change of extension

Field Type Change