Beginner - 3 tables in 3 loops

Hi !

I am a beginner to databeses, and particulary to MS Access 2003. (althought I
passed the first lessons)
I want to make a small database with possibility to grow up. (max. 100
entries for a table)
I think that in my case the data must be structured like loop into loop.
Like that:

Year:
etc.

   Plant:
   plant_1
   plant_2
   plant_3
   etc.

      Generator:
      gen_1
      gen_2
      gen_3
      etc.

So for every Year it must exist some Power Plants, and for every Power Plant
it must exist some Generators.
I already have made 3 tables: YEAR, PLANT, GENERATOR with data in it.
So, few questions arise:

1. Is my algorithm any good (to consider 3 loops one in another for database)
?
2. If my algorithm is good, how should it be done the relationship between
tables ?

That is for start. Later i must make queries, input data, some logical
comparison, etc.
So i must do right from the beginning. I admit that my database must be done
for 8 loops, not 3, but if i understand for 3, the same it will be for 8.

Thanks in advance for help !

0
dsasorin

dsasorin,

Well, at least one of those tables is wrong and you are missing one,
possibly two tables.  I am not totally clear what you are doing but I can
say this... it seems odd that you need a table for years.  Sounds like you
need a *joiner* table.

tblPowerPlants
pPowerPlantID (PK - Autonumber)
etc...

tblGenerators
gGeneratorID (PK - Autonumber)
etc...

tblPowerPlantGenerators
ppgPowerPlantGeneratorID (PK - Autonumber)
ppgPowerPlantID (FK - Long)
ppgGeneratorID (FK - Long)

tblPowerPlantYears
ppgPowerPlantGeneratorID (FK - Long)
ppgYear (Combo Box with years)

If you explain your purpose a little more it would help to give you a more
precise answer.  I also don't understand the *looping*, what are the loops
for?  Out of curiousity, what were the first lessons?

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"dsasorin" <u58852@uwe> wrote in message news:a5427d702fbf8@uwe...
[...]

Gina
3/19/2010 10:08:28 PM
I hope u need data for all tables.

1) You can go thru all tables and data with 1 loop if you do join all tables
in 1 singel select.

2) If the select is manually written it can be like this:
SELECT *
FROM YEAR,
          PLANT,
          GENERATOR
WHERE PLANT.FK = YEAR PK
     AND GENERATOR FK = PLANT.PK

PK = Primary key,  FK = foriegn key
You will have 1 row for each unik kombination.

"dsasorin" skrev:

> Hi !
>
> I am a beginner to databeses, and particulary to MS Access 2003. (althought I
> passed the first lessons)
> I want to make a small database with possibility to grow up. (max. 100
> entries for a table)
> I think that in my case the data must be structured like loop into loop.
> Like that:
>
> Year:
> 2000
> 2001
> 2002
> 2003
> etc.
>
>    Plant:
>    plant_1
>    plant_2
>    plant_3
>    etc.
>
>       Generator:
>       gen_1
>       gen_2
>       gen_3
>       etc.
>
> So for every Year it must exist some Power Plants, and for every Power Plant
> it must exist some Generators.
> I already have made 3 tables: YEAR, PLANT, GENERATOR with data in it.
> So, few questions arise:
>
> 1. Is my algorithm any good (to consider 3 loops one in another for database)
> ?
> 2. If my algorithm is good, how should it be done the relationship between
> tables ?
>
> That is for start. Later i must make queries, input data, some logical
> comparison, etc.
> So i must do right from the beginning. I admit that my database must be done
> for 8 loops, not 3, but if i understand for 3, the same it will be for 8.
>
> Thanks in advance for help !
>
> .

The goal is to make a growing database (a programm) with inputs like
year2010/powerplant 3/generator1/ .... or year 2012/powerplant7/generator3
and so on ...

Then, the programm must have a simple user interface with those inputs. In
the database tables i must asign diferent numbers (points) on specific tasks
of the generator for example, and after a logical comparison and arithmetic
calculations, it must result a number of points. So i need to input/select
new data, to see/select old data, and after that i need a result (number of
points) which coresponds to a certain ANSWER, introduced in the very
beginning of the database (i.e. THE GENERATOR IS GOOD), also a table, i think.

So, the purpose of the database is to find the state of the generator, based
on the actions or the maintenance work made on each generator from database,
and a new one.
The criteria is based on those points and arithmetic calculations.

Thank you for interest.

Gina Whipp wrote:
>dsasorin,
>
>Well, at least one of those tables is wrong and you are missing one,
>possibly two tables.  I am not totally clear what you are doing but I can
>say this... it seems odd that you need a table for years.  Sounds like you
>need a *joiner* table.
>
>tblPowerPlants
>pPowerPlantID (PK - Autonumber)
>etc...
>
>tblGenerators
>gGeneratorID (PK - Autonumber)
>etc...
>
>tblPowerPlantGenerators
>ppgPowerPlantGeneratorID (PK - Autonumber)
>ppgPowerPlantID (FK - Long)
>ppgGeneratorID (FK - Long)
>
>tblPowerPlantYears
>ppgPowerPlantGeneratorID (FK - Long)
>ppgYear (Combo Box with years)
>
>If you explain your purpose a little more it would help to give you a more
>precise answer.  I also don't understand the *looping*, what are the loops
>for?  Out of curiousity, what were the first lessons?
>
>Hi !
>
>I am a beginner to databeses, and particulary to MS Access 2003. (althought
>passed the first lessons)
>I want to make a small database with possibility to grow up. (max. 100
>entries for a table)
>I think that in my case the data must be structured like loop into loop.
>Like that:
>
>Year:
>2000
>2001
>2002
>2003
>etc.
>
>   Plant:
>   plant_1
>   plant_2
>   plant_3
>   etc.
>
>      Generator:
>      gen_1
>      gen_2
>      gen_3
>      etc.
>
>So for every Year it must exist some Power Plants, and for every Power Plant
>it must exist some Generators.
>I already have made 3 tables: YEAR, PLANT, GENERATOR with data in it.
>So, few questions arise:
>
>1. Is my algorithm any good (to consider 3 loops one in another for
>database)
>?
>2. If my algorithm is good, how should it be done the relationship between
>tables ?
>
>That is for start. Later i must make queries, input data, some logical
>comparison, etc.
>So i must do right from the beginning. I admit that my database must be done
>for 8 loops, not 3, but if i understand for 3, the same it will be for 8.
>
>Thanks in advance for help !

dsasorin
3/21/2010 12:28:42 AM
I forgot that you put me a simple question.  My first lessons were like this
(Access 2003): What is a database ? The components of a database (the objects)
. How to sort data in tables ? and thinks like that ...

Gina Whipp wrote:
>dsasorin,
>
>Well, at least one of those tables is wrong and you are missing one,
>possibly two tables.  I am not totally clear what you are doing but I can
>say this... it seems odd that you need a table for years.  Sounds like you
>need a *joiner* table.
>
>tblPowerPlants
>pPowerPlantID (PK - Autonumber)
>etc...
>
>tblGenerators
>gGeneratorID (PK - Autonumber)
>etc...
>
>tblPowerPlantGenerators
>ppgPowerPlantGeneratorID (PK - Autonumber)
>ppgPowerPlantID (FK - Long)
>ppgGeneratorID (FK - Long)
>
>tblPowerPlantYears
>ppgPowerPlantGeneratorID (FK - Long)
>ppgYear (Combo Box with years)
>
>If you explain your purpose a little more it would help to give you a more
>precise answer.  I also don't understand the *looping*, what are the loops
>for?  Out of curiousity, what were the first lessons?
>
>Hi !
>
>I am a beginner to databeses, and particulary to MS Access 2003. (althought
>passed the first lessons)
>I want to make a small database with possibility to grow up. (max. 100
>entries for a table)
>I think that in my case the data must be structured like loop into loop.
>Like that:
>
>Year:
>2000
>2001
>2002
>2003
>etc.
>
>   Plant:
>   plant_1
>   plant_2
>   plant_3
>   etc.
>
>      Generator:
>      gen_1
>      gen_2
>      gen_3
>      etc.
>
>So for every Year it must exist some Power Plants, and for every Power Plant
>it must exist some Generators.
>I already have made 3 tables: YEAR, PLANT, GENERATOR with data in it.
>So, few questions arise:
>
>1. Is my algorithm any good (to consider 3 loops one in another for
>database)
>?
>2. If my algorithm is good, how should it be done the relationship between
>tables ?
>
>That is for start. Later i must make queries, input data, some logical
>comparison, etc.
>So i must do right from the beginning. I admit that my database must be done
>for 8 loops, not 3, but if i understand for 3, the same it will be for 8.
>
>Thanks in advance for help !

dsasorin
3/21/2010 12:40:02 AM
Abki, please forgive me, but i don't understand your answer. Maybe because
i'm a beginner in Access. I don't know how to join tables nor to manually
writte a select. Maybe you get a picture for what i want to do, from my other
answer to Gina Whipp. Thank you too.

Abki wrote:
>I hope u need data for all tables.
>
>1) You can go thru all tables and data with 1 loop if you do join all tables
>in 1 singel select.
>
>2) If the select is manually written it can be like this:
>SELECT *
>FROM YEAR,
>          PLANT,
>          GENERATOR
>WHERE PLANT.FK = YEAR PK
>     AND GENERATOR FK = PLANT.PK
>
>PK = Primary key,  FK = foriegn key
>You will have 1 row for each unik kombination.
>
>"dsasorin" skrev:
>
>> Hi !
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 42 lines]
>>
>> .

dsasorin
3/21/2010 12:51:04 AM
dsasorin,

Okay, that didn't get me the answer needed, so let's try this...

1. Is a Powerplant always going to have the same Generator?
2. Do you put in dates when you enter the activities?
3. Where are the activities entered?
4. Where is the data you do the calculations on, is it in a table?

You are concentrating on the how the data will look instead of how to store
the data.  It's like buying tires before you buy the vehicle.  You need to
buy the vehicle first... or build your tables first.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

Gina Whipp wrote:
>dsasorin,
>
>Well, at least one of those tables is wrong and you are missing one,
>possibly two tables.  I am not totally clear what you are doing but I can
>say this... it seems odd that you need a table for years.  Sounds like you
>need a *joiner* table.
>
>tblPowerPlants
>pPowerPlantID (PK - Autonumber)
>etc...
>
>tblGenerators
>gGeneratorID (PK - Autonumber)
>etc...
>
>tblPowerPlantGenerators
>ppgPowerPlantGeneratorID (PK - Autonumber)
>ppgPowerPlantID (FK - Long)
>ppgGeneratorID (FK - Long)
>
>tblPowerPlantYears
>ppgPowerPlantGeneratorID (FK - Long)
>ppgYear (Combo Box with years)
>
>If you explain your purpose a little more it would help to give you a more
>precise answer.  I also don't understand the *looping*, what are the loops
>for?  Out of curiousity, what were the first lessons?
>
>Hi !
>
>I am a beginner to databeses, and particulary to MS Access 2003. (althought
>passed the first lessons)
>I want to make a small database with possibility to grow up. (max. 100
>entries for a table)
>I think that in my case the data must be structured like loop into loop.
>Like that:
>
>Year:
>2000
>2001
>2002
>2003
>etc.
>
>   Plant:
>   plant_1
>   plant_2
>   plant_3
>   etc.
>
>      Generator:
>      gen_1
>      gen_2
>      gen_3
>      etc.
>
>So for every Year it must exist some Power Plants, and for every Power
>Plant
>it must exist some Generators.
>I already have made 3 tables: YEAR, PLANT, GENERATOR with data in it.
>So, few questions arise:
>
>1. Is my algorithm any good (to consider 3 loops one in another for
>database)
>?
>2. If my algorithm is good, how should it be done the relationship between
>tables ?
>
>That is for start. Later i must make queries, input data, some logical
>comparison, etc.
>So i must do right from the beginning. I admit that my database must be
>done
>for 8 loops, not 3, but if i understand for 3, the same it will be for 8.
>
>Thanks in advance for help !

Gina
3/21/2010 12:58:23 AM
dsasorin,

Oh okay.. was just curious.  But it is interesting that you didn't mention
Data Normalization and Data Modeling, do they teach that?

--

Gina Whipp wrote:
>dsasorin,
>
>Well, at least one of those tables is wrong and you are missing one,
>possibly two tables.  I am not totally clear what you are doing but I can
>say this... it seems odd that you need a table for years.  Sounds like you
>need a *joiner* table.
>
>tblPowerPlants
>pPowerPlantID (PK - Autonumber)
>etc...
>
>tblGenerators
>gGeneratorID (PK - Autonumber)
>etc...
>
>tblPowerPlantGenerators
>ppgPowerPlantGeneratorID (PK - Autonumber)
>ppgPowerPlantID (FK - Long)
>ppgGeneratorID (FK - Long)
>
>tblPowerPlantYears
>ppgPowerPlantGeneratorID (FK - Long)
>ppgYear (Combo Box with years)
>
>If you explain your purpose a little more it would help to give you a more
>precise answer.  I also don't understand the *looping*, what are the loops
>for?  Out of curiousity, what were the first lessons?
>
>Hi !
>
>I am a beginner to databeses, and particulary to MS Access 2003. (althought
>passed the first lessons)
>I want to make a small database with possibility to grow up. (max. 100
>entries for a table)
>I think that in my case the data must be structured like loop into loop.
>Like that:
>
>Year:
>2000
>2001
>2002
>2003
>etc.
>
>   Plant:
>   plant_1
>   plant_2
>   plant_3
>   etc.
>
>      Generator:
>      gen_1
>      gen_2
>      gen_3
>      etc.
>
>So for every Year it must exist some Power Plants, and for every Power
>Plant
>it must exist some Generators.
>I already have made 3 tables: YEAR, PLANT, GENERATOR with data in it.
>So, few questions arise:
>
>1. Is my algorithm any good (to consider 3 loops one in another for
>database)
>?
>2. If my algorithm is good, how should it be done the relationship between
>tables ?
>
>That is for start. Later i must make queries, input data, some logical
>comparison, etc.
>So i must do right from the beginning. I admit that my database must be
>done
>for 8 loops, not 3, but if i understand for 3, the same it will be for 8.
>
>Thanks in advance for help !

Gina
3/21/2010 12:59:53 AM
Gina,

More from my EE background than my (much less than yours) database
background,  I think that the generators are handled as one-of-a-kind items,
not a list of types that would get used multiple times.     Each
instance/installation  of a  "generator" is typically a $xxx,xxx,xxx.xx
multi-year construction project.    If so, then "Generator #1" is just half
of the name given to a particular generator.  The full name might be Plant
#5-generator #1    If that were true, IMHO a junction table would not be
appropriate.

-  -  -

In order to have a good database, or to explain enough to us to help, you
are going to have to start with deciding upon what the entities are that you
are going to database, and what the mission that you want it to accomplish
is.  Do this without using any database terminology.

IF (and I emphasize IF, because we don't know that) you main mission were to
track and completed maintenance, then instance of required-then-completed
maintenance would be your main table.   In that case the year and or date
would be merely a field,     If my guess address to Gina were right, you
would probably have a table with listings of your individual generators.  The
plant # might be just half of the name of that generator, or an attribute of
that generator.

Again, these are just guesses.  You'll have to tell us more to get a real
answer.

Hope that helps a little.

Ooops.  The second part was supposed to be addressed to the OP :

To: Dsasorin:

> In order to have a good database, or to explain enough to us to help, you
> are going to have to start with deciding upon what the entities are that you
> are going to database, and what the mission that you want it to accomplish
> is.  Do this without using any database terminology.
>

> IF (and I emphasize IF, because we don't know that) you main mission were to
> track and completed maintenance, then instance of required-then-completed
> maintenance would be your main table.   In that case the year and or date
> would be merely a field,     If my guess address to Gina were right, you
> would probably have a table with listings of your individual generators.  The
> plant # might be just half of the name of that generator, or an attribute of
> that generator.
>
> Again, these are just guesses.  You'll have to tell us more to get a real
> answer.
>
> Hope that helps a little.

Fred,

Thanks for explaining that... now if I could just the OP to explain more
we'd be set!

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

#5-generator #1    If that were true, IMHO a junction table would not be
appropriate.

-  -  -

[...]

Looping through records and creating ID field
Hi there - I'm doing a database that will need to link with a Paradox database. To accomplish this I need to make a certain field in Access. I basically have a table that contains a persons first name and surname. I need to create another field called ID Make that takes the first six characters of the first name, adds in a hyphen and then adds in the first character of the surname. I can do this easily with a query like: Left([First Name],6) & "-" & Left([Surname],1) For example the name William Gates would be turned into: Willia-G Now here comes ...

Sorting in a Pivot Table unselected fields
When I create a Pivot Table with a list of about 10 suppliers. Why does the feild I unselect disapear from the Pivot Table? If I want to view the suplier I have unselected I need to add it back to the table. I want to avoid doing this. Any ideas? If you are asking how can you sort on a field that is not in the pivot table, you can't. Of course you could sort on it and then hide that column of the spreadsheet. My question - if the field doesn't show who will know that the pivot table isn't sorted by that field? In other words, I'm not sure of why you would do ...

Feet and Inches #3
I am trying to make a chart using feet and inches on the y-axis. I know that I could convert to just inches, but I'd really rather not if it can be avoided. I'm using Microsoft Excel 2008 for Mac version 12.1.5. Tom, You can convert inches to feet/inches with the following formula: =INT(F18/12) & "' " & MOD(F18,12) & """" -- Regards, Eddie http://www.HelpExcel.com "HighJumpTom" wrote: > I am trying to make a chart using feet and inches on the y-axis. I know that > I could convert to just inches, but I'd really...

Loop with form
I have a form containing a label and an unbound control. I want to put the form in a loop that will allow the label box to change values and allow the user to enter a response in the control. I have the following code created: DoCmd.OpenForm "Data Entry 2", , acNormal For N = 0 To UBound(DeptArray) Forms![Data Entry 2].[LabelText].Caption = DeptArray(N, 1) Forms![Data Entry 2].Refresh Forms![Data Entry 2].[RespAnswer].SetFocus Next N This code works except for the fact that the process does not stop to allow the user to provide a res...

Make table from sql view
I'm using sql 2000 and Access 2003. In Access you can run a Make Table Query. Is there a way to do something like this using a sql View within Access? Thanks for the help, Paul Here's an indirect answer that may help you to figure out other issues in the future... Make a temporary Make Table Query in design view and then select View, SQL View from the menu bar. You can see the SQL code behind the GUI Design view of the query. This will show you how to code it in SQL. "pjscott" wrote: > I'm using sql 2000 and Access 2003. In Access you can run a Make Table Que...

Working with Pivot Tables
I have something I can't figure out how to do because of the dynamic aspect of the pivot table. I've put a sample document at http://veritasinsurance.com/sample.xls If you look at the tab "Pivot Table" and read the OBJECTIVE you'll see what I'm trying to do. This might not be possible without VBA code which I'm not sure I want to get into. It can definitely be done w/o VBA. A couple questions: -do you have to be working with a pivot table? sometimes in cases like this is easier to use the formulas against raw data rather than against a pivot table. ...

CRM 3.0 Outlook 401 Problem
Outlook was working on several PC's with Office 2002 and 2003 for a few days. Know we are getting 401's. Is there an Outlook/Exchange/.Net/IE setting that controls this? The IE passes through work grate. 0000 00 12 3f fb 26 94 00 09 7c 85 cd 40 08 00 45 00 ..?.&...|..@..E. 0010 05 dc 79 81 40 00 7d 06 f0 c3 c0 a8 00 20 c0 a8 ..y.@.}...... .. 0020 0c 66 00 50 07 6f 2d 48 93 eb 03 a5 36 50 50 10 .f.P.o-H....6PP. 0030 fe fe ea b3 00 00 48 54 54 50 2f 31 2e 31 20 34 ......HTTP/1.1 4 0040 30 31 20 55 6e 61 75 74 68 6f 72 69 7a 65 64 0d 01 Unauthorized. 0050 0a 43 ...

linking worksheets #3
I know ho to link cells to oher cells. But is there a convenient way to link ranges or worksheets to others. Hi just link the first cell e.g. ='sheet1'!A1 and copy this formula for your range. The reference will adapt automatically -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany j van c wrote: > I know ho to link cells to oher cells. But is there a convenient way > to link ranges or worksheets to others. ...

How to get a CRM 3.0 beta trial version? UK.
How to get a CRM 3.0 beta trial version? UK. Cheers, Jim Yes. Me too. And the SDK too. I want to integrate my searchengine in it somewhere... in the SBE. Maybe they got it at TechEd? http://news.com.com/Microsoft+previews+next-generation+CRM/2100-1012_3-5772430.html?part=rss&tag=5772430&subj=news http://geekswithblogs.net/barttimmermans/archive/2005/07/06/45537.aspx says: available to customers who are licensed to use previous versions of Microsoft CRM in the fourth quarter of 2005 and generally available in the first quarter of 2006. Maybe it is too late for the beta? Gorm Br...

MSCRM 3 regarding Customization.
I'm using the next beta vesion for MSCRM 3. i'm having trouble with customization all my information comes from: 1.Microsoft CRM Next Beta SDK. 2.The Tech-Ed Webcast from Florida this year. could anyone send me links or tutorials on information regarding Customization. Most of the SDK examples do not compile. Alot of pages are not explained. The customization from inside the settings to create new entites is not documented and i'm having trouble doing certain things: For ex: How to add a lookup field. In customer the lookup of parentcustomer is of type "owner&qu...

Change horizontal tables to vertical stacked tables?
I have four sets of identical "data tables", five columns to a table. So Table 1 uses columns A-E, Table 2 F-J, and so forth. I update these tables daily, and not all tables get new data. They are laid out horizontally because the row counts are not the same for each table - Table one may have 60 rows, but Table 2 may have 100 rows, and so forth. One of my supervisors would like to see these tables as a vertical stack - Table 1, 2, 3, and 4 all down columns A-E. Since the row count varies for each table and can vary daily, I'm wondering what the best way is to accompish this....

Auto-refresh pivot table?
Hi. Is there a way to set up a pivot table so it will automatically update when its source data changes. It seems that by default, I need to explicitly tell it to refresh. Thanks! Ken kk_oop@yahoo.com wrote: > Hi. Is there a way to set up a pivot table so it will automatically > update when its source data changes. It seems that by default, I need > to explicitly tell it to refresh. > > Thanks! > > Ken I'll answer my own question. Enter the following VBA code for the worksheet that contains the pivot table (get to the code by entering alt+F11): Private Sub W...

Enter values in table from form using dlookup
Hi, Just wondering if it's possible to put values in a table, using data entered on a form? Like if the person enters for item a, 1, then it adds 1 to item A in a table. I've tried dlookup(blah) = me.text1 but it doesn't work. Thanks Dear s4: What you want is the way it is supposed to work. You don't need to do a lookup to move data from a form to a table, you simply need to "bind" your form to the table (or a query based on the table). Every form has a "Record Source" property; which should be the name of the table or query you want to be the source ...

Formula? #3
First, let me apologise for my lack of Excel knowlege. I have tried to teach myself to create this formula on my Excel 2002, however....I give. I humbly ask for someone's help. Column A will be the current date...then there will be 6 columns of data. I need to have a formula which will do the following.... If the value of column E is equal to or less than column E's value from the day before, and the value of Column F is equal to or less than Column E's value from the day before, assign a value of 3 to Column H. If the value of column E is equal to or less than column E...

new to xml #3
Hi here is the code Dim ds As New DataSet Dim strPath As String Dim strMessage As String Dim strSql As String strSql = "SELECT NetworkID, RoadID,MeanDepth, x1,x2,y1, y2,ColorCode" & _ " FROM RoadAnalysisMeanDepth Where NetworkID=" & NetworkID & " Order BY MeanDepth" Dim daExport As New OleDb.OleDbDataAdapter(strSql, oConString.ConString) daExport.Fill(ds, "Roads") ds.WriteXml(Me.txtFilePathName.Text & "\MyData.xml") But i want to add some elements to th...

New Area created in CRM 3.0 but nav problem
I used the sitemap.xml file to successfully create a new area to our test CRM 3.0 environment. I've also successfully created several custom entities that can be accessed from this area. So far, so good. When I relate these custom entities to the Contact entity, for example, I can see these custom entities in the Contact form in the left navigation bar, as expected. *I do not, however, see these custom entities grouped under the Area name, like other entities are.* I see Opportunities and Quotes grouped under Sales and Cases and Contracts grouped under Service. Why are the new custom...

Queries not avaliable to be added to form? All Table fields are.
Access 2007 I am trying to create a basic form that will display some information from a table and from the results of some queries. I am able to add fields from my tables to the form without any problems, but I am unable to add any of the fields from my queries to the form. In Design Mode under "Add Existing Fields" my queries are not even avaliable as an optionto choose from. After trying to add them in by hand by going to the control source and then the expression builder the only result I get in the resulting box is the dredded "#NAME?" error. I am starting...

How to let pivot table chart's format stay after refreshing data.
I am using 2007 to do some pivot table pie charts. I selected a red and blue based format from DESIGN tool bar, and change blue to green. after I saved then refreshed data, the blue color comes back. How can I let the green color stay instead of blue? thanks. Hi, It appears that you are changing the color in the wrong place: 1. With a single slice selected choose PivotChart Tools, Format 2. Click Format Selection 3. Pick the Fill tab 4. Select Solid fill 5. Pick a Color and Close the dialog box. If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "JJ" wrote:...

Using MS Access to ODBC 3.0 Filtered views
I seem to be getting an issue seeing the records in FilteredActivityParty table through a linked table in MSAccess. The view is correctly returing 5 records for one Appointment record but they are all the same Filterrecord. When I do the same query in MS Query I get 5 records returned and they are all different. Can anyone can shed any light on this? ...

Page numbers will NOT start on page 3

Pivot Table Calculations
Hello, I am trying to create a formula in a pivot table in Excel 2007 that will give me a percent of orders that have completed service orders. Here is an example of my pivot table data: Filter: on date Column: service complete: yes or no Row: Region Employee Values: Count of Service Order I need help creating a formula that tells me what % of the total orders are "yes" and what % of orders are "no". Excel 2007 PivotTable http://c0718892.cdn.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/02_27_10.xlsx Right-click on a Service Order cell. Choose: Summ...

Error Going Offline
When in Outlook Client, hit "Go Offline" and get error: An unknown error has ocurred. Retry the action. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator. Any help appreciated. Thanks, Boolean1 ...

Convert data from a table to a chart?
I have 30 years of data in monthly increments. The years are listed by rows and the months are listed by columns. How can I get this into a line chart? Select all the data you wnt to put into the chart including the headings and then Insert>Chart and select the line chart option. "Rockne06" wrote: > I have 30 years of data in monthly increments. The years are listed by rows > and the months are listed by columns. How can I get this into a line chart? Jess, Assume the first table starts in A1 and covers the range A1:D8. The macro below will rearrange the tabl...

How to create 3 axes chart based on three series of data

request to solve my problem #3