Allen Browne's 'Library Resource'

hello gurus

I have learned a lot by studying the 'Library resource' example on Allen
Browne's web site.  This offers a lot of good advice on the organization of
tables for a Library database.  Is an actual Database file available so I can
study this a little deeper?  I've searched the web, but couldn's find this
database.  I'm not sure, but it may have been in SAMS 'Essential Access 95'.

Much thanks
Cinnie
--
cinnie

There's not a sample database for this page:
    http://allenbrowne.com/AppLibrary.html

You can make one quite quickly from the screenshots.

"cinnie" <cinnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello gurus
>
> I have learned a lot by studying the 'Library resource' example on Allen
> Browne's web site.  This offers a lot of good advice on the organization
> of
> tables for a Library database.  Is an actual Database file available so I
> can
> study this a little deeper?  I've searched the web, but couldn's find this
> database.  I'm not sure, but it may have been in SAMS 'Essential Access
> 95'.
>
> Much thanks
> Cinnie
> --
> cinnie

0
Allen
5/29/2010 1:21:37 AM
Dear cinnie:

I wasn't aware of Allen's library resource until I saw your post, but I was
glad to see it and will be studying it myself! You might also be interested
in the freeware small library application I've made available (see my
signature); it may also give you some ideas!

Cheers!

--
Fred Boer - Amateur Access Enthusiast
Interests: Library software / Z39.50 / Web Services

"cinnie" <cinnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello gurus
>
> I have learned a lot by studying the 'Library resource' example on Allen
> Browne's web site.  This offers a lot of good advice on the organization
> of
> tables for a Library database.  Is an actual Database file available so I
> can
> study this a little deeper?  I've searched the web, but couldn's find this
> database.  I'm not sure, but it may have been in SAMS 'Essential Access
> 95'.
>
> Much thanks
> Cinnie
> --
> cinnie

0
Fred
5/29/2010 3:48:43 AM
Dear cinnie:

I wasn't aware of Allen's library resource until I saw your post, but I was
glad to see it and will be studying it myself! You might also be interested
in the freeware small library application I've made available (see my
signature); it may also give you some ideas!

Cheers!

--
Fred Boer - Amateur Access Enthusiast
Interests: Library software / Z39.50 / Web Services
Freeware Small Library Application available here:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/lornarourke/

"cinnie" <cinnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hello gurus
>
> I have learned a lot by studying the 'Library resource' example on Allen
> Browne's web site.  This offers a lot of good advice on the organization
> of
> tables for a Library database.  Is an actual Database file available so I
> can
> study this a little deeper?  I've searched the web, but couldn's find this
> database.  I'm not sure, but it may have been in SAMS 'Essential Access
> 95'.
>
> Much thanks
> Cinnie
> --
> cinnie

0
Fred
5/29/2010 3:48:43 AM
<chuckle> Been so long since I've posted, I can't remember how to do it
correctly! Apologies for the double posting!

"Fred Boer" <fredboer@NOyahooSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Dear cinnie:
>
> I wasn't aware of Allen's library resource until I saw your post, but I
> was glad to see it and will be studying it myself! You might also be
> interested in the freeware small library application I've made available
> (see my signature); it may also give you some ideas!
>
> Cheers!
>
> --
> Fred Boer - Amateur Access Enthusiast
> Interests: Library software / Z39.50 / Web Services
> Freeware Small Library Application available here:
> http://www3.sympatico.ca/lornarourke/
>

> "cinnie" <cinnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> hello gurus
>>
>> I have learned a lot by studying the 'Library resource' example on Allen
>> Browne's web site.  This offers a lot of good advice on the organization
>> of
>> tables for a Library database.  Is an actual Database file available so I
>> can
>> study this a little deeper?  I've searched the web, but couldn's find
>> this
>> database.  I'm not sure, but it may have been in SAMS 'Essential Access
>> 95'.
>>
>> Much thanks
>> Cinnie
>> --
>> cinnie

0
Fred
5/29/2010 4:11:44 AM
<chuckle> Been so long since I've posted, I can't remember how to do it
correctly! Apologies for the double posting!

Fred Boer - Amateur Access Enthusiast
Interests: Library software / Z39.50 / Web Services
Freeware Small Library Application available here:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/lornarourke/

"Fred Boer" <fredboer@NOyahooSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Dear cinnie:
>
> I wasn't aware of Allen's library resource until I saw your post, but I
> was glad to see it and will be studying it myself! You might also be
> interested in the freeware small library application I've made available
> (see my signature); it may also give you some ideas!
>
> Cheers!
>
> --
> Fred Boer - Amateur Access Enthusiast
> Interests: Library software / Z39.50 / Web Services
> Freeware Small Library Application available here:
> http://www3.sympatico.ca/lornarourke/
>

> "cinnie" <cinnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> hello gurus
>>
>> I have learned a lot by studying the 'Library resource' example on Allen
>> Browne's web site.  This offers a lot of good advice on the organization
>> of
>> tables for a Library database.  Is an actual Database file available so I
>> can
>> study this a little deeper?  I've searched the web, but couldn's find
>> this
>> database.  I'm not sure, but it may have been in SAMS 'Essential Access
>> 95'.
>>
>> Much thanks
>> Cinnie
>> --
>> cinnie

0
Fred
5/29/2010 4:11:44 AM
> <chuckle> Been so long since I've posted, I can't remember how to do it
> correctly! Apologies for the double posting!

Glad to see you get a post in again before MS closes the group eon, Fred.

Allen
5/29/2010 5:46:34 AM
Thanks Allen

My interest wasn't in designing a Library database per se, but I was
interested in some of the subtler issues you dealt with in the table design.
(the fact that it dealt with library resources was incidental)  My actual
project involves a program to help run my daughter's soccer club.  I want to
get the table design right, and your 'Library Resource' gave me new ways to
deal with some of the problem areas.  Thank you!
--
cinnie

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> There's not a sample database for this page:
>     http://allenbrowne.com/AppLibrary.html
>
> You can make one quite quickly from the screenshots.

> "cinnie" <cinnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hello gurus
> >
> > I have learned a lot by studying the 'Library resource' example on Allen
> > Browne's web site.  This offers a lot of good advice on the organization
> > of
> > tables for a Library database.  Is an actual Database file available so I
> > can
> > study this a little deeper?  I've searched the web, but couldn's find this
> > database.  I'm not sure, but it may have been in SAMS 'Essential Access
> > 95'.
> >
> > Much thanks
> > Cinnie
> > --
> > cinnie
>
> .

Fred - that's a nice resource!  I'm studying the relationships between your
tables and picking up some good tips.  That's an area I need to improve in.

Thank you
--
cinnie

"Fred Boer" wrote:

> Dear cinnie:
>
> I wasn't aware of Allen's library resource until I saw your post, but I was
> glad to see it and will be studying it myself! You might also be interested
> in the freeware small library application I've made available (see my
> signature); it may also give you some ideas!
>
> Cheers!
>
> --
> Fred Boer - Amateur Access Enthusiast
> Interests: Library software / Z39.50 / Web Services
> Freeware Small Library Application available here:
> http://www3.sympatico.ca/lornarourke/
>

> "cinnie" <cinnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hello gurus
> >
> > I have learned a lot by studying the 'Library resource' example on Allen
> > Browne's web site.  This offers a lot of good advice on the organization
> > of
> > tables for a Library database.  Is an actual Database file available so I
> > can
> > study this a little deeper?  I've searched the web, but couldn's find this
> > database.  I'm not sure, but it may have been in SAMS 'Essential Access
> > 95'.
> >
> > Much thanks
> > Cinnie
> > --
> > cinnie
>

> .

Allen test
Allen test ...

Out of memory or system resources. :-(
Again and agin, when I paste an entry from another calendar into Outlook I get the error: ------------------------ Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again. ------------------------ At that point the only "workaround" is to reboot. Before that Outlook won't let me paste anything into it. What could cause this and how can I fix it? Michael "Michael Moser" wrote in message news:uvHT$8pXIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Again and agin, when I paste an entry from another calendar into > Outlook I get the error: > --...

Help resources
Does anyone know of good support resources for using MS Money Small Business? I am looking more for the business accounting side. Or someone who gives support for MS Money? Thanks. Tom Anthony ...

For Allen Browne (Argent)
Dear Allen I Send A Mesage Before Telling You That The Code is Executing At The Design Time So I Specifically Get The Problem Which Is IN A Module But This Function Function MyBol(XX as integer) As Boolean Msgbox "Hi" Debug.print "Print Me" End Function And In The Rowsource For THe Combo Box In Any Table Use The Code Select iif(MyBol(1) = true,Field1,Field2) From TableName Where ... You Will Find That The Code Will Be Executed When You Click Save From The Form In Design View Thank You Allen I Hope You can Help Me Thanks A Lot No: I'm not seeing that....

Report on resources for WBS and year
Hi, I would like to generate a report (or view that I can export to Excel) that lists work for resources that work in WBS id x by year. So I have 1 Summary task X 1.1 Task 1: A 20hrs, B 20hrs 1.2 Task 2: A 0hrs, B 20hrs 1.3 Task 3: A 0hrs, B 20hrs, C 20hrs 2 Summary task Y 2.1 Task 4: A 20hrs, B 20hrs 2.2 Task 5: A 20hrs, B 20hrs and the the report for WBS X should look like A 20hrs B 60hrs C 20hrs The one for WBS Y should look like A 40hrs B 40hrs Ideally, the report has more than one column - one for each year. What sounds simple appears to be more comp...

Outlook 2002
When sending & receiving I get the following error: "Task 'Work - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8007000E) : 'Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again.'" Outlook version: 2002 SP3 RAM: 1Gb Available Physical Memory: 659Mb Free disk space on drive that holds mail delivery PST: 27.5Gb Current size of mail delivery PST: 179Mb I have tried shutting down all unnecessary applications and no applications seem to be using an abnormal amount of memory. I have also tried rebooting. I have Googled this and any s...

Access 2007 combo Box library woes
Hi Everybody I am currently updating a 2000.mdb to a 2007.accdb and I am trying to use the 3.6 DAO Object Library in the tools>references in the vb editor. This produces an error "Name conflict with an Existing Library" and yet I need this to run the following code. I have a combo property set to "Limit to List" and on the "not in list property" the following code needs to run Any help gratefully received Dim strMsg As String #If USEDAO Then Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Dim db As DAO.Database #Else Dim rst As ADODB.Recordset #End If strMsg = ...

Allen Browne Help me with Audit log
Hi Allen I use your code but an " error '3061' Too few parameters. Expected 1." appears I check all my fields again and again I change all my combo boxes to text box and check boxes to text box but the error still there !!! I am desparate what I am doing wrong ??? Please help me ! Well, I'm not Allen and I don't know how his audit log utility works, but if you want to understand the "Too Few Parameters" error, you might want to down load this sample: http://www.rogersaccesslibrary.com/forum/topic234.html.' With the sample is an artic...

Administration of resources
Hi Can anybody please help me with this problem. We have an Exchange 2007 serve with Outlook 2003 installed on the Clients. We want to have resources which only a few people or groups can see in the global address list. Is it possible? Thanks Laffen http://www.shrfamily.com/ It is possible, but can become very complex in its configuration. First, you would create Address Lists that these restricted objects would appear on. Once created, you would permission them so only a specified group of individuals can see them (basically, turn off inheritance on the new Address List objects and...

Allen Browne's 'Library Resource'
hello gurus I have learned a lot by studying the 'Library resource' example on Allen Browne's web site. This offers a lot of good advice on the organization of tables for a Library database. Is an actual Database file available so I can study this a little deeper? I've searched the web, but couldn's find this database. I'm not sure, but it may have been in SAMS 'Essential Access 95'. Much thanks Cinnie -- cinnie There's not a sample database for this page: http://allenbrowne.com/AppLibrary.html You can make one quite quickly ...

How to explicit link a dynamic class library?
Hello Friends, How to explicit link a dynamic class library? I know how to implicit link a dynamic class library, just only export class and link .lib file, and I also know how to implict link a DLL(using LoadLibrary()), but GetProcAddress() only provide to get the export function not class. My question is how to explicit link DLL and get the class entry, so that I can use the public data member and method of class? Thansk. Tsung-Yu, Liu As far as I know you can't do explict linking and get access to classes in the DLL. Only Implicit linking will allow you to do that. Take a loo...

Not Enough System Resources... When Opening Excel
One of my users has just started getting this error when she opens Excel: Not enought system resources to display completely. She is opening Excel, not an Excel file, ie: new worksheet. This is on XP with SP2 and all updates Excel is version 2000 9.0.6923 SP 3 The only other apps running are Outlook 2000 and SnagIt, a screen capture program. I'm thinking the easiest resolution will be to re-insatll Excel. Any other thoughts or suggestions? Thanks! Dave Nope. Close Excel and then go find a file called *.xlb and delete it - You may have to search in hidden files and folders. It&#...

Is there a way to see on what date a resource entered time?
We are on 07 through April CU. I want to know on what dates my folks are doing the actual entering of their hours. Is there a way to find this out? i.e. on 11/20, Bill entered 4 hours worked on 11/16. Thanks! -- JenGoSto No. -- Thanks, Ben. Microsoft Most Valuable Professional http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "JenStover" wrote: > We are on 07 through April CU. > > I want to know on what dates my folks are doing the actual entering of their > hours. Is there a way to find this out? > > i.e. on 11/20, Bill entered 4 ho...

Outlook resources
Does anyone know, does outlook take up more system resources to run when connecting to an exchange server vs connecting to a pop3 server ? ...

Two Dialog Resources, one dialog object?
Can someone please tell me if it is possible to have two dialogs in my resource view that link to the same dialog object? or will I have to implement a 'dialog functionality' object that is called from my event methods? I want to allow my users to choose from two different sized dialogs (one large, one small) depending on their registry settings. The dialogs would essentially be the same, with identical controls, just different layouts. Alternatively, is there any way to dynamically 'scale up' my dialog whilst still allowing it to be edited in resource view? I am using Visua...

Organizational Forms Library #6
When I try to open the the Organizational Forms Library by clicking on Tools > Forms > Choose form I get the error "Form load failed." I am running Exchange 2003 and I recently moved all my users from Exchange 5.5. This worked before for mailboxes on the Exchange 5.5 server. Any ideas? did you replicate the forms library folder to the new server? is that the full text of the error they get? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Mike" <mbaith@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uRY0Yr3qGHA.4676@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > When I try to open the the Organizational Forms ...

Converting an INI text file to a dll resource
I have an MFC application which opens a text file and uses its content. I want to use it as a resouce - like a compiled dll that the application will load and use. Is it possible and how? Any reference would be appreciated. Greg Just store it as a binary or string resource, dump it to file. You cannot use it internall without your own INI parser. -- - Mark Randall http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk http://zetech.swehli.com "Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do" Isaac Asimov "Greg" <greg@ranger.com> wr...

For Allen Brown (Argent)
Dear Allen I Send Some Questions Before About Running Code At Design Time But A Did Not got Any Solution For My Problem So That I Try To Send To You A Data Base File To Show You The Problem But The Outlook Denied So Please How Can I Post To You The File In Other Way Thank You Rabea Khalil Please do not send your file. We are fully booked at present, and unable to take on any more work. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. <999> wrote in mess...

Allen Browne Date Roll Question!
This works on my Letter Key pad but not my Number Pad unless I Turn off Num Lock Can this be used with Number Key Pad ............Thanks Bob To provide this functionality in Access, attach this Event Procedure to the KeyPress event of your control. Select Case KeyAscii Case 43 ' Plus key KeyAscii = 0 Screen.ActiveControl = Screen.ActiveControl + 1 Case 45 ' Minus key KeyAscii = 0 Screen.ActiveControl = Screen.ActiveControl - 1 End Select Very strange: on my machine it works on both the keypad +/- and also the o...

MFC
I am new to MFC and trying to follow examples in a book that emphasizes learing MFC without Appwizard first then to use the Visual Studio wizards. Below is an example that I am having some trouble with. I understand the logic and how the classes are derived and the pointers etc. I am just so lostas to where is the "resources.h" located(not in include folder, also I am aware that the quotation marks mean it should reside in my project dir. I just cannot find it anywhere to include it. I also used the add Resource / menu wizard to create an rc file, but I cannot find the resource.h fil...

Allen Browns List files recursively
this is a query relating to allen browns List files recursively contribution via http://allenbrowne.com/ser-59.html brilliant contribution, works really well. the only issue i have is the full path and filename are displayed in the list box, so my list box needs to be the size of the screen to view full path. Is there a way to just get the listbox to display the filename to the user but to also keep the filename and path hidden so that the double click hyperlink still works to open the documents?? On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 04:56:04 -0700, StuJol <StuJol@discussions.microsoft.co...

Downloadable VC++ 7.1 Runtime Libraries?
Our roll-out image of WinXP with .NET 1.1 for our PCs seems to have gone screwy in some instances: Missing System32\MFC71.DLL or Missing System32\MSVCP71.DLL Is there a downloadable runtime with these, as exists for Visual Basic? Thanks, Mark On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 04:15:01 -0700, Mark F wrote: > Our roll-out image of WinXP with .NET 1.1 for our PCs seems to have gone > screwy in some instances: > > Missing System32\MFC71.DLL > or > Missing System32\MSVCP71.DLL > > Is there a downloadable runtime with these, as exists for Visual Basic? > > Thanks, Mark <...

Default content type in libraries
When I create a document library I can indicate a document template which icon appears in the list of the button new, for ex a word doc. How can I add the excel icon to create either a word or an excel document when I click the new button? Thanks for any help. Myriam In the settings for the library, under Advanced Settings, enable the Allow Management of Content types. You can then add a new content type and use Excel as the document template for your new content. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "MD" <MD@discussi...

findasutype By Allen Brownes
Well I've Been Using Allen Brownes findasutype for a few months now and been working fantastic, Untill today when i created a new form and wanted to you the module on this new form, ive done nothing different on this form than any other form i have the module on, but its does not want to work. the error im getting on the new form when the form opens is the following. Error 3265: Item Not Found In This Collection. then the form carry's on to load and the drop down combo "cboFindAsUTypeField" is Blank and not Showing the field names available. I have the forms Onload Eve...

Display a SharePoint document library in a Microsoft CRM 3.
I want to display SharePoint documents library in MS CRM3.0 and i did all as it writen in http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/deploy/iframesharepoint.mspx but when i try to view the result then no effect on the Case Form. I need tips for removing error. 1. Log on to your Microsoft CRM server using an account with administrative credentials. Administrative credentials are required in order to customize a Microsoft CRM form. 2. Open a browser window and navigate to your Microsoft CRM 3.0 Web site. 3. On the Navigation Pane, click Settings, click Customization, and then click Cust...