"You attempted to open a database that is already opened exlcusivl

Two days ago I deployed a split 2003 access database that is accessed by 20
users. Since going live with it I have noticed many people having trouble
with hanging or crashing of the front end. When I try to open the back end I
get the message "You attempted to open a database that is already opened
exlcusively by user 'Admin' on machine 'Comptername'. Try again when teh
database is available. Then I track down who the PC belongs to and check what
is going on. What I find on all the PCs that have made the back end give this
error is that the user starts adding a record but doesn't completly finish
it. They are just leaving a new record half ass. Once they complete the
record the everyone else can continue to add records. So it seems that when
one person leaves a record not completely finished for long periods of time
it causes problems for everyone else.
I do want to mention that I have an AutoNumber field using the "Random"
feature.

Can anyone help me resolve this problem?

Thanks.
Iram/mcp

Files opening at start-up
I just got a new computer and was setting up defaults in Excel, and I mistakenly entered 'My Documents' in the Tools/Options/General field for "At startup, open all files in." So when I start Excel it tries to open EVERY file in My Domuments and I have to use Task Manager to kill it. I opened in Safe Mode to change that option, but that doesn't seem to work. (Ie, when I open Excel again in regular mode it goes back to opening every file.) Is there another way to fix this? THanks! Andrew Can you use Windows Explorer to rename that "my Documents" folder, then ...

i try to open a hyperlink and message comes restriction on pc?
when i try to open up a hyperlink in a message i get the message back that there is a restriction on the computer and that i have to get in touch with the administrator. I am the administrator. what do i do? thanks. martha This isn't an issue with Outlook but one with IE. http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm "Martha" <Martha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3A3B025-68CC-42A7-ACEA-E1DC461BF2F8@microsoft.com... > when i try to open up a hyperlink in a message i get the message back that > there is a restriction on the...

Access 2007 compact database
there are some over night schedule to compact databases by "access n:\abc.accdb /compact" i find if the database is stored at network drive, the database cannot be compact by command mode or Access window application. now i have to copy them to local drive and then compact and then copy back to network drive. Thanks. tony Hi Tony, Have you tried going in using VBA? Maybe take a look at the DBEngine.CompactDatabase Method. You are still copying the file but you can automate the process, assuming you have the necessary permissions. Hope this helps, Gordon "Tony WO...

Read only Form when opened
Hi In need to be able to open a form read only until I select a record from a combo box I want to keep from entering the information in the first record that comes up when I open the form Thanks That sounds like it would work I Estimate for a commercial wood working firm I use Access to track my jobs and generate Bids For example I might bid a hotel and need to exclude 300 wood doors and frames. So that would go into me exclusion field I need to make sure that the exclusion is attached to the right job This all works on a form with a sub form, the main form is information about...

Attempting to burn a cd
I've always used frostwire and meida player to make cd's. Today I had an automatic update for the latest media player so I went ahead and did all the updates it had (service pack 3 was one of them). After downloading my music i attempted to drag them from frostwire to the media player as i've always done. Unfortunately it is not allowing me to place any songs in the playlist area. Can anyone help me????? Thank you What version of WMP and Windows? What's the file type of these music files (MP3, WMA, WAV...)? If you try to drag the files from their folder in W...

CRM on SBS 2003 DISASTROUS ** DO NOT ATTEMPT **
USERS BEWARE After downloading the CRM from the MSDN Universal subscribers site and attempting to install it 6 times, I have finally given up, after discovering that it does not work as advertised on SBS 2003. In fact it does not even install. In fact... worse than that it blows away a lot of SBS configuration files for sharepoint etc etc. Question: Why does the MSDN download site not say that "This product will not run on SBS 2003"? So, we thought... Maybe the Business Contact Manager will be better for us seeing as the CRM does not yet work on SBS 2003. After installing...

can not open attachments in Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: intel My other machines (G4's and 5's) all open any attachments with no problem. On this intel machine I can not open any attachments at all. What's up? On 3/18/08 4:22 00PM, in article ee9535a.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "gdwyer@officeformac.com" <gdwyer@officeformac.com> wrote: > My other machines (G4's and 5's) all open any attachments with no problem. > On this intel machine I can not open any attachments at all. What's up? You might need to download the combo updater from App...

Error -550 attempt at resolution
We have a customer witha small network and dedicated server using SBS4.5 sp6 with Exchange 5.5 (build 2448.8 sp2) that recently had a power outage which appears to have corrupted the one of the Exchange EDB files. Some (years) ago we moved the Exchange data from C: to D: due to space limitations. Based on the error we referred to Q143235 and tried to follow the resolution. Using ESEUTIL /MH, we found the d:\exchsrvr\dsadata\diredb file to be inconsistent. We found the d:\exchsrvr\mdbdata.priv.edb file was consistent We found the d:\exchsrvr\mdbdata\pub.edb file to be consistent. Per the Q arti...

Open Other peoples mail folder
Hello, How can I open Other people's folder in Outlook 2003 other than what is available on the drop down? The drop down only offers Inbox, Calendar, Task, etc. I want to open Deleted items, Sent items. I want to see what users are keeping in there why their storage size is very large. Thanks in advance. On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 09:47:04 -0600, "C C" <someone@atsbcglobal.net> wrote: >Hello, > >How can I open Other people's folder in Outlook >2003 other than what is available on the drop down? >The drop down only offers Inbox, Calendar, Task, etc. >I...

photoelements 5 opens by itself
working in publisher 2003 document with photos, adobe photoelements 5.0 keeps opening by itself. At least I am not aware that I am calling for it. How do I stop this behavior? Did you embed the photos? What is the format of the pictures? Did paste the pictures from PhotoElements? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "dickm" <dickm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FB6E4F9-1641-4F85-9518-1DEEAEC4676A@microsoft.com... > working in publisher 2003 document with photos, adobe photoelements 5.0 keeps > opening by itself. At least I am not aware that I ...

Still have file opening problem
My laptop has the following problem...click on a shortcut to or an Excel 97 file icon and Excel opens but not the file. If I open Excel and then go to File/Open....any of the files will open fine. I now have latest Zone Alarm and have removed and reinstalled Excel several times but same difficulty keeps occuring. Have also tried "unregserver/regserver" but no luck with that either. Any suggestions would be appreciated. check the properties of your icon (right click) and what do you see for filename or program. -- --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site chan...

my excel document won't open unless i go file, then open
I am unable to just click a saved excel document and it opens, I have to open the excel program and then go thru file then open and browse to the document Try this Tools>Options>General uncheck "Ignore other Applications" Exit Excel and try again If this doesn't work try to re-register Excel Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space between exe and /regserver You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe. In...

Unable To Open Attachments #2
We use Win2kServer, Exchange 2000 SP3 and OutlookXP When i try open message with attachment i have problem.. the error message is : Could not open one or more attachments! is it a bug in Exchange or Outlook? Are you dealing with the Secutiy Lock within OL2002 for "unsafe" attachments? This is what it sound like. There are KB articles all over the place on it. Jason >-----Original Message----- >We use Win2kServer, Exchange 2000 SP3 and OutlookXP > >When i try open message with attachment i have problem.. > >the error message is : Could not open one or mor...

Install PPT 2003 on Vista when PPT 2007 already installed?
I have a Vista laptop that came with PPT 2007 installed. Since there are some features from the old PPT 2003 that I miss, I was wondering whether I can install my old 2003 version on my new Vista computer and still keep PPT 2007, which is the version I'll primarily use. Thanks! Sure. Just do a custom install and install 2003 to a different folder. Then open 2007 and go to Office Button | PPT Options | Resources and run diagnostics to let it repair file associations and stuff. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echos...

Adding elements to combo box from database/mysql/
Hi. I get from mysql some tables. I want get available date from mysql and put it in combo box. Next I want chose this date from combo box. I have no idea how should I do it... :( Thx for help macieh "macieh" <macieh@nie.spamuj.poczta.nie.spamuj.fm> wrote in message news:cin68k$l0r$1@korweta.task.gda.pl... > Hi. > I get from mysql some tables. > I want get available date from mysql and put it in combo box. > Next I want chose this date from combo box. > I have no idea how should I do it... :( > > Thx for help > macieh I've never worked with MySql,...

Newsletter in Publisher cannot be opened
Hi - I recently decided to try Publisher to create a newsletter for my staff. We were doing these in Word but it didn't look professional. I was able to create a very professional looking newsletter. My problem lies in the fact that when I sent it, many of our sites do not have Publisher and cannot open the document. The I went on Microsoft Office for help to which it indicated that I could save the document as a Microsoft Document Imaging File. That worked fine until I went to send it and my email wouldn't send it. I could use any advise possible at this point as I have a news...

Retrieving data from database (MS Sql Server) to Excel
i have a database using MS Sql Server i also have an Excel form which retrieves certain data from the database the hard thing here is the data needs to be updated each time the Excel form is opened/viewed. i will be uploading my project to my server , hence user just need to enter the url something like - http://servername/projectname/sheet1.xls ...

Opening files in Word
Up until about one week ago when I opened a Word file it would open in a new Window that was independent of any other Word files that were open -- I could therefore have two documents open on two different screens (I uses a two monitor configuration) at the same time. Now when I open a second word document it opens in the same window and if I minimize it it minimizes to a tab in the open window on the bottom left. How do I get back to the point where I can open a second document in what is in effect a separate window (active program)? Any takers? Thanks Click Office but...

excel 2003 always hang when open more than 1 file
I am facing the problem in my office. When I open more than 1 excel file, the PC is hang up and anythings is freeze, need hardware reset. My system is Win XP Pro sp2 and Office 2003. Another PC have the same problem. ...

Cannot open Outlook Express 6
I received an email that was unsolicited. I tried to delete it but instead it locked Outlook Express, and since then I cannot open it. I ran Virus scans but nothing was found, and Road Runner gave that email a clean bill of health. I believe I need to reinstall just the file that opens OUtlook Express, but if that is correct, how does one get that single file, or do I have to delete the entire program. If that is the only way, will I lose my past email as I cannot open it to save it. Help This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for W...

CRM Mobile add-on (3rd attempt posting apologies any duplicates)
Has anyone taken a look at the Mobile CRM addon that came out this month? Appreciating the fact that in my test install I DIDNT install to the default web site - which as far as I can recall may well be recommended by the training manuals - found that the Mobile CRM installation is a complete PITA if your webserver is using host headers etc? Anyway I had to set it to using Ports instead. It looks more complicated than installing MSCRM itself to me. I don't have much idea about SSL, but followed the instructions. Anyway my problem is that having run the selfssl and now trying to connect...

Open Style Window shortcut?
Does one exist or can one be defined? I've tried to find one both through Help and the MS Word website but no luck so far. And I tried to define one in Word but no luck. I know I can use Cmd+shift+s to go to the little style window in the formatting toolbar and input a new style but I'd like to open the same window as Format>Style. Thanks for any tips. -- Norm Hello Norm, On 2010.01.22 8:25 AM, in article Vfmdna_294PHf8XWnZ2dnUVZ_rSdnZ2d@speakeasy.net, "Norm" <NOSPAM@gmail.invalid> wrote: > Does one exist or can one be defined? > ...

On Open Event

You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com
You will pass all the exams at 1st attempt No more headaches and worry about spending the time and money to attempt another exam again. You will pass all of your exams, every time www.FreeExamKing.com ...

Error when opening mail
I get the following error message when I open my mail and don't know where to start to correct this. Server: 'pop.att.yahoo.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] invalid user/password', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 First, test your password by logging in to your provider's webmail: http://mail.yahoo.com . If that works, it proves you have the correct username and password. A likely reason for the username/password failing in Windows Mail is account corruption. One thing you should try as a p...