Write Name of Report Query in Report Footer

Is it possible to programmatically write the name of the query the report is
based on in a text box in the report footer.

"Steve Stad" <SteveStad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to programmatically write the name of the query the report
> is based on in a text box in the report footer.

Place a text box on your report, and set its Control Source property to:
    =[Report].[RecordSource]

Allen
5/24/2010 1:55:15 PM
Thank you mate.

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> "Steve Stad" <SteveStad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to programmatically write the name of the query the report
> > is based on in a text box in the report footer.
>
> Place a text box on your report, and set its Control Source property to:
>     =[Report].[RecordSource]

> .

MS Query returning incomplete results
Hi, Have been using Excel Queries for a while with no problems. Since last week, queries are coming back incomplete, returning blanks for cells that should have data. Have imported the data into Access and the queries work properly. Any suggestions ? Thanks, Mike ...

Auto Complete Names
We just starting using Outlook 2003 and we can't get email addresses to come up automatically when you type the first letters of either a name or email address. The appropriate box is checked for this to occur automatically. What other options do we have? Thanks in advance. If, indeed, you just started using Outlook 2003, I would expect this behavior. You must send enough message to populate your autocompletion caches before you see it working. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jpquilts@mindspring.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1075501...

Is there a way for Windows Service to Read/Write HKCU Reg key ?
Hi: I'm writing a Windows Service program which needs to read/write the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry key for the current logged on user. I know that for a Windows service does not have concept of HKCU since it is always running in SYSTEM's context. But is there a way (trick?) for a service to access the HKCU registry key? Thanks In Advance ! Polaris Hello Try, from a user application (the one that is logged on, or the current user), to send the services the user's SID. Then access the HKCU through HKEY_USERS\users_sid\............ Hope that helps, Elias "Polaris&qu...

Disclaimer at footer of all outbound email messages
Is there a way to add a disclaimer at footer of all outbound email message sent from out domain Hi, you find the answer in this article of Technet Knowledge Base ID: 317327 "How to add a disclaimer to outgoing SMTP messages in Visual Basic", this is the only method i know. "Kathy" wrote: > Is there a way to add a disclaimer at footer of all outbound email message > sent from out domain Most people use some 3rd party solution...there is a whole page of them here: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/content_control.htm "Andy" <Andy@discussions.mi...

Write
I am trying to change the default margins. I am requested to use the Write mode to do this. What is Write, and how do I access it? Are you using voice recognition? Margins are simply changed in the Arrange Menu in Publisher. Are you in the right newsgroup? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CBC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:183bb01c44a40$107bd5d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to change the default margins. I am requested > to use the Write mode to do this. W...

"File not found" and "The form name is misspelled..." errors
I am still bulding a database. It contains no data, and contains no embedded macros. Yet, when I go to build code, I get these errors: "File not found" followed by "The form name * is misspelled or refers to a form the doesn't exist" The problem does not lie in the form that automatically opens when the database opens, and there are no embedded macros (I've read that these are the two main places an error such as this can occur). I did a search in the code box, and do find the two subforms listed even though neither contains any kind of code. I ca...

excel database 25,000 plus names #2
I am working with a database i set up in excel. It has over 25,000 names, total size of file is 274mb. If i transfer all my data from an excel database to access, will i work faster. Right now it takes forever to open and save. I am told it is not my computer. any tips??? -- mikedipaol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikedipaola's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55465 ...

Using names in a formula
Hi, I used Excel a lot some years ago and now need to use it again (Excel2000) and can't figure out how to do something that was really useful. The situation: 'Budget' worksheet has month names in the top row and account numbers in the left column. I have selected all cells and Created Names with TopRow and Left Column selected. 'Reports' worksheet has month names in the top row and account names in the left column, but not necessarily in the same relative position as in the Budget worksheet. A formula such as =May Bank_Charges (where May and Bank_Charges are names) ret...

Error when adding a report
Hi, I created a new report. when I try to add it to CRM, I get a "An error occured. Contact your administrator" error message. My CRM user has the System Admin role and I am an Enterprise Admin. I can add the report using the Reporting Services website and I see it under Reports in CRM. I can also run the report. But if I try to edit the report I get that that "An error has occured. Contact your admin" error message. Is this a permission issue? Something I'm missing? Thanks! Simon Found a solution to my problem. Had to add a service account to the publish t...

Sorting a Report Based on Criteria
I have a report that I would like to sort based on user-entered criteria. There are two option groups in my form. Each option group has four fields (Name, Title, Date, ID) that the user can search. The user would select one option from each group. The first group is the primary sort and the second option group is for the secondary sort. For example, if the user selects Name from the Primary option group and Date from the Secondary option group, the report should be sorted by Name and then by Date. What code can I use to enable the user to search this way? Use a calculated field ...

Writing formula for excel worksheet
Item Rate1 Rate2 Rate3 A 3 4 6 B 8 5 23 C 56 5 78 Above is my excel sheet. I want to write some formula so that in every row cell having minimum rate should come bold. Like For Item A - Rate1(3) for Item B - Rate2(5) For Item C - Rate2 (5) There may be a neater way but this works. Somewhere in you sheet in a cell type =min(A1:a4), I used L1 Change this to watever range you are trying to evaluate. Then select this range and click format - conditional format - cell value - is equal to =($L$1) and apply your bold font. The lowest value in the range will then become bold. Mike "Gaur...

Total in report footer
I have =sum([inv_amt]) in my page header. I want to take the total on each page/group and total it in the report footer. The below reads like it is the answer, but the problem (if it is correct) is how do I bound a text box to a field? Now if the below is not correct can someone tell me how I can place a total in the report footer for my total in the header? 1. Create a text box in the detail section, and bound it to the field you want to sum 2. Set the RunningSum property of that text box to OverAll 3. Set the Visible property of the text box to No 4. Create a text box in...

How to add a Page Total to Report
I'm a newbie to SSRS having only spent time on the fairly basic SSRS elearning tutorial. I have a basic matrix report, that shows multiple pages. I'd like to show a total across all pages. How would I achieve this? Thank you, Mark Mark ="Page " & Globals!PageNumber & " of " & Globals!TotalPages "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CF396EC-643C-4E47-961B-E75DA523FF0B@microsoft.com... > I'm a newbie to SSRS having only spent time on the fairly basic SSRS > elearning tutoria...

write protect/write redirect/kios mode
Hey, I LOVE snapshots in virtualmachines and think it would be awesome to have something like this for my main windows install. Anyone know of any hardware/software to redirect writes to another drive/file/memory/hardware? Or hardware to write protect a drive for kios's (i found some once befor the reverted all changes on shutdown, but cant find it anymore ><) I know VSS(virtual shadow copy service) has a function to redirect on write and wondering if i might be able to use that :/ It will just make everything cleaner, and give alot of flexiblity to setting up ...

How do I run a pivottable report w/ multiple worksheets?
How do I run a pivottable report w/ multiple worksheets as my data sources. All worksheets are from same excel file. I would be pleased if someone can advise. Thank you. If you create a Pivot Table from multiple consolidation ranges, you won't get the same pivot table layout that you'd get from a single range. There's an example here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot08.html If possible, store your data in a single worksheet, or in a database, and you'll have more flexibility in creating the pivot table. May-Yen wrote: > How do I run a pivottable report w/ ...

Cannot write to memory location
I can not (all of the sudden) run Publisher in the last week. When starting to run it, I get that it cannot write to a certain memory locaiton, so it is shutting down. I need to get this program working. I have read through this forum and tried the different fixes as well as the knowledge base (emptied the temp file, disabled anti-virus, etc.) but it still won't work. An example is: "The instruction at "0x77f585c0" referenced memory at "0x00000000". the memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program." The header read...

how do i write checkbox to.....
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050607000103070200020407 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit how do i write checkbox1 boolean to xml in vb6 i can only do cstr( checkbox1.value) but in vb.net can't write to xml. i am doing irc chat similar to mirc or pirch chat. rw.WriteConfigInfo("User Modes", chkInvisible.Text, chkInvisible.Checked, "PirateChat.xml") in procedure events: ' Both the Key and the Value are filled ' Find the key ...

Outlook "select names" dialog box hangs
Why would Outlook "select names" dialog box hang every time it's invoked (Ex. Clicking the "To:" button in a new message) for a few minutes before one can choose anything? Thanks! R ...

Delete Headers and Footers
Can I delete or re-set Header in Excel? Header appears on pages 2 and 3 when printed. Header appears in body of printed spread sheet. Can I get rid of this? It doesn't sound like you're describing a *true* "header". Try: <File> <PageSetUp> <Sheet> tab, And make sure that the box - "Rows To Repeat At Top" Is *empty*. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! ----------------------------------------------------------------...

Write access to a LDAP server.
Is there any way to enable write access in Outlook to my LDAP server? The LDAP server allows this functionality, Outlook doesn't. Any plugins that can do this? Thanks. Derek ...

Writing a macro in Outlook 2007
Hello - I have been trying to create code in Outlook 2007 that will send an item to a specific printer. I realize there is no macro recorder in Outlook, and I am not a programmer, so I've been trying to manipulate code found on a Microsoft support page, without success. Does anyone know the code required to send an item to a specific printer, other than the default? Here is a sample of what I've found - it includes resetting the default printer: Sub MAIN 'Retrieve and set information about the current default printer Dim FPS As FilePrintSetup GetCurValues FPS ...

proper filter syntax for query-based DL
I want to have a query-based DL for people that are members of a certain security group. What is the proper syntax for the query? do I need to use the distinguished name? For example, I tried a custom filter of: Field>User>Member of>is (exactly)>cn=group name,OU=Security Groups,DC=domain,DC=com and it didn't work. does it need quotes? Can someone point me down the right path? I have had success with querying other AD attributtes like Office Location. Thanks, Rich Does not require quotes. In QBDL properties | query | modify | Exchange tab -> select "Users with ...

Works in the query, but not the form!!
I have two tables -- xTeachers and xSchools. Linking field is SchoolName, and it is set up with referential integrity with Schools (1) and Teachers (many) relationship. Here's the thing -- I open the query and I can add a teacher and a school. Alliance High School shows up in the drop down list. I open the form, and Alliance High School DOES NOT show up in the list. If I try to pick something from the list, I get this message: The current field must match the join key <name> in the table that serves as the 'one' side of one-to-many relationship. (Error 3341) You ha...

MULTI STORE ORDER WRITING-SIMPLIFY
Hi- We have 7 stores and need to simplify the order writing process. Is there any way to write POs for all of our stores without having to do each order separately? We would like for all orders to come up with the items we want to order, being able to change the quantities according to the store. Thank you in advance for your help. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0599_01C6CAFF.B4705610 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable J, Have you tried the 340 PO Planner worksheet? --=20 * Get Secure! - ...

Default Report Destination
Hello: Does the User Preferences Default Report Destination setting really make a difference, in terms of where a user is going to print? It seems to me that you can configure this setting to go to Screen, yet the report still goes to the printer. childofthe1980s This does control the default value in the checkboxes when the report destination window is displayed. Please remember that the report settings in posting setup will override this. David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microso...