Viewing Access Reports on Web page prompts download

My Issue is related to knowledge base article 921025.  The solution in the
article fixes our problem perfectly but the issue is that every time new
windows update patches are installed (once a month) this registry key is
changed back to its original state.

This is causing havoc because every month we have a mob of angry users who
cannot view important production information until we can reapply the work
around to all the pc's in the plant!

Is there a more permanent solution we can put in place?

What we did was switch from snp to pdf and uploading those instead.

GEFanucJP wrote:
>My Issue is related to knowledge base article 921025.  The solution in the
>article fixes our problem perfectly but the issue is that every time new
>windows update patches are installed (once a month) this registry key is
>changed back to its original state.
>
>This is causing havoc because every month we have a mob of angry users who
>cannot view important production information until we can reapply the work
>around to all the pc's in the plant!
>
>Is there a more permanent solution we can put in place?

0
StrayBullet
4/3/2007 8:47:48 PM
Personally, I would switch to PDF. There is a conversion tools on my site to
convert Snapshot to PDF documents.

If you must stay with Snapshot files, then just add code to your front end
that checks and fixes the Registry. Or at the very least, add the
functionality to allow the users to fix their registry.

--

HTH
Stephen Lebans

"GEFanucJP" <GEFanucJP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Issue is related to knowledge base article 921025.  The solution in the
> article fixes our problem perfectly but the issue is that every time new
> windows update patches are installed (once a month) this registry key is
> changed back to its original state.
>
> This is causing havoc because every month we have a mob of angry users who
> cannot view important production information until we can reapply the work
> around to all the pc's in the plant!
>
> Is there a more permanent solution we can put in place?

0
Stephen

Mail Messages HTML Viewing

Money 2003 Report Problems
When I look at reports (in Money 2003) I can see all my withdrawls, but not my transfers. For example if I pay $100 on my credit card, its not there. Should I set it up as a catagory instead? You don't say what reports you are referring to. Depending on the report type, it doesn't make sense to show transfers. E.g., Income and Expenses. Transfer is neither. In some other reports, you can include or exclude Transfers from the report customization. E.g., Category Spending. "cschear" <cb_schear@msn.com> wrote in message news:080601c365f2$6daea940$a301280a@phx.gbl... &...

Access violation when hook is installed; after WM_NCDESTROY of SysShadow window
I am setting a WH_CALLWNDPROC hook for the current thread using SetWindowsHookEx. When interacting with the file open/save dialogs of applications, I get a 'access violation' whenever a tooltip is about to be destroyed. The tooltip is associate with a shadow window having class name 'SysShadow' ; this window receives the WM_NCDESTROY message. My hook receives all messages upto this point. However, the crash occurs next ...... First-chance exception at 0x77d4e63b in notepad.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000. Unhandled exception at 0x77d4e63b in...

multiple business cards on same page with logo and information ch. #2
looking for info on how to make myself some price cards, they are the same size as a business card with logos and information change. How can I have my publisher show me a full page of same business cards(multiple) that I just edit and change price and iten information? Thanks I have spent way to many hours trying to figure this one out. Mail merge the data but the print preview will NOT show you 30 different cards. It will only show one. (Hint: Make sure you print on plain paper before printing on card stock.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "fayzer" <fayzer...

Access to mail boxes
Hi all We run an exchange 2000 server in an win 2000 exvironment. I've been asked to see if an Administrator has been using his rights to access other peoples mailboxs, does anyone know of a way I can monitor weather an administrator has been or has access to another users mailbox w ...

Filter a Report Using a Form's Filter
Hi, i'm working on a payroll program so i want to filter a report by building a form filter by month ,city,site but i want to know how i can set the properties of the form step by step !! Is this a form or report question? Do you have any field names you can share? Do you understand that your first step might be to create some combo boxes that allow you to select a Month, City, and State? If you have combo boxes, they should be given names like: cboMonth, cboCity,.... -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "amr" wrote: > Hi, > i'm working ...

Bank Transfer " Access to CheckBook denied"
I have quite a strange problem. I have a user who is failing to Transfer funds from one CheckBook to another. Under Bank Transfer Entry Window when the user tries to select a CHECK BOOK ID he receives a message that he does not have access to CheckBook. But the funny thing is that the user has been granted access to the CHECK BOOK under CHECK BOOK Acess. And I checked his status in the Check Book table and its set to 1. I have refreshed security permissions for the user under Advanced Security for forms,reports and smarlist for the Cashbook Model. Any ideas where I should start lookin...

Outlook Web Access #46
I cannot access OWA, Users receive an "HTTP 500 Internal Server Error". We are using Exchange Server 2003 on a Windows 2003 server. I recently uninstalled Surf Control e-mail filter. I believe this uninstalled or coruppted files that exchange uses. When I go into Exchange Admin MMC, the snap ins for IMAP4, NNTP, POP3, and SMTP do not open. Any one know where the .dll are for these snap ins so I can reinstall them from the exchange server CD? Thanks, Bruce Bruce <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I cannot access OWA, Users receive an "HTTP 500 Interna...

Checkbox border on report
Hello, I have a checkbox field on my report. Whether the checkbox has been checked or not, the black border still shows on the report. Is there a way to show ONLY the check mark if yes and blank NO border if no? Thank you!! See: Format Check boxes on reports: size, color, unbox, conditionally format at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-52.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Stockwell43" <Stockwell43@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Using Access Reports in other EXE file
Hello I'd like to use access reports from any access version XP, 2000 or 97; because of the easy way to build such reports. Have you ever found or built any solutions permitting to reuse such access reports objects in other exe files, developped in Visual Basic, Visual Studio or even Delphi.... Thanks a lot for your suggestions Hi. Most programming languages support launching an executable, so the Snapshot Viewer executable would be a good choice for viewing reports exported from Access as Snapshot (*.SNP) files. Access would not need to be installed on the computer in order to view ...

How do I use Access 97 on a PC which has Access 2003, windows XP
I have a library of books catalogued o n Access 97 on a software prog using 97. I now have a new PC with XP and Access 2003 and cannot access programme or dat e though it is saved on PC. What do you mean that by "cannot access programme". How are you trying to use it? Just for the record, I have both Access 97 and Access 2003 installed on my Windows XP machine, and have no issues using both, even concurrently. A "problem" is that the file association for .MDB (and .MDE) files will be reset each time you use Access so that the most recently used version is what wil...

Forms in two differant views

Access not enforcing referential integrity!!!
Howdy. Using Acc 2007. Have two tables related one-to-many. Ref. integrity being enforced, without any cascading updates or deletes. Data in both tables. Problem: I can add new records to the many-side table, without any value for the foreign key, and the new record is created without error or prompt from Access. I can do this both in the child table directly, and using a form/subform. On the other hand, if I create a new child record and enter a FK value that doesn't exist in the parent table, I get a message saying that a related record in the parent table is require...

Mailbox management Deail report data
I find that the output of the mailbox management detail reporting has a little too much detail for my liking. I would like to see a list of the folders containing old/big mail. I really don't care about all of the folders with no items that qualify for my criteria. Is there any way to get at that information that does not involve me parsing the text report? The data is there. It's just not in a very usable form. It a perfect world I'd love to use crystal reports to query exchange and do some of my own reporting. Got any ideas? -Steve ...

View Webpage

Forcing a view to be the active view

Laying out a Report
I have a database with two tables called Fillers and issues linked. I want to make a report on issues under two different sections of the filler. Fillers Table Model = 6000 S/N 235 J/N 12 Date started Date complete Issues Table Fed/sep Date Part issue drawing issue bill of material issue assingned to plan of action Filler Date Part issue drawing issue bill of material issue assingned to plan of action Any suggestions would be appreciated What field is linking Fillers and issues? It looks like you want two records from issuses for every filler record. Is this correct? If so, h...

Coustom view

access out of memory
I have loaded office 97 onto new computer with xp prof. When trying to load access97 I get an out of memory message. I'm not out of memory,apart from in real life. Any advice or fixes? Cheers ...

OL98 start up view

Changing View -- All Folders

Modifying Activities associated view 10-01-04
I have tried the unsuported fix involving: http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id= 00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899 The view opens fine but I am unable to save as is or make changes... I get the message "the Item Id is invalid." Please help Make sure you include the braces around the view ID GUID. http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899} CR "Sean T." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161701c4a7bb$d3779910$3501280a@phx.gbl: > I have tried the unsuported fix inv...