using iif and like in control Source of report

Simple question! I have a table that has a single field called [name]. I want
my report to display true if a name matches "bill". For exam if the field
value is "bill Jan" or "Jan Bill" it would be true, "Jan Mark" would be
false. Something like this:

=IIf([Name] Like "&bill&","true","false")

Use * as the wildcard, so:
    =IIf([YourFieldNameHere] Like "*bill*", "Yep", "Nah")

There is a serious problem with the field named Name. Most things in Access
(including reports) have a Name property, so Access is likely to mistake
your example and use the Name of the report instead of the contents of the
field named Name. Rename the field to CustomerName or somthing.

Before you do that, turn Name AutoCorrect off. Otherwise Access remembers
and still tries to match the original field name. More info on why you want
this off:
    http://allenbrowne.com/bug-03.html

"Prohock" <Prohock@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Simple question! I have a table that has a single field called [name]. I
> want
> my report to display true if a name matches "bill". For exam if the field
> value is "bill Jan" or "Jan Bill" it would be true, "Jan Mark" would be
> false. Something like this:
>
> =IIf([Name] Like "&bill&","true","false")

0
Allen

Cannot log in using WindowsID (was able to before)
I just bought MS Money 2007 Deluxe yesterday. The install went smooth, without any issues. I registered a new WindowsID and was able to successfully log into MS Money. However, today when I tried to log into MS Money, the messge apeared that the "Money was not able to recognize your WindowsID" or something like it and that "You will still have access to some functions but will not be able to make online updates". Now I'm not able to make updates. Any idea what this could be? Is the authentication server for WindowsID down or something? See the post under Mon...

Can't use Merge feature
If I have a postcard file I've already made on the screen, when I try to pull up the "Merge" feature under Tools, it is shaded grey and I can't open it. It insists that I either form a new database list of addresses or edit the one that I want to merge. I don't want to edit the one I want to merge. I just want to MERGE it. If, however, I have just a postcard template on the screen (without it having been made into anything), I CAN pull up the "merge" feature under Tools. It is not shaded out. How do I un-shade the "merge" feature? To merg...

Tax software report
I am unable to view any of my "Insurance : Health" category transactions when I run the "Tax software report" in the Reports section. To be sure, I confirmed that I previously check the tax form, Schedule A, and Doctors - medicine - etc. tax line in the tax manager. The error seems most perculiar given all of my "Healthcare" category transactions are viewable when I run the same report. Any suggestions? ...

http://crm/Reports vs. http://crm/Reportserver
I have several MS CRM reports residing on a SQL Server 2005 that were migrated from 3.0. I can access the reports via the following url: http://crm/Reports then clicking the folder and opening up a report. However, When I try and use http://crm/Reportserver and click on the reports I see the same folder and reports but I get an error message (below) and cannot open any reports? I believe this to be a SRS issue. In the following the GUID appears to be the link and the reports are in a 4.0 folder. Wednesday, April 02, 2008 11:38 AM 23166 {5a8355f1-e300- dd11-a47f-001aa03779ca} ...

How to use structured reference (ListColumns) in VBA
I want to do something simple...loop through a range retrieving values one at time and taking action on that value. This range is an Excel 2007 table column. Easy enough...BUT I want to use structured references to a table column by NAME, not numbers. I don't want to define new names, just use the table column headings. I've found ways of doing it with quotes, but that's not structured....the names in quotes do not change if the table heading is changed by the user. The formulas change if the table column heading is changed, but I want it to change in VBA to...

Save As using contents of Cell in Name

Report Error 11-24-04
When attempting to run CRM Reports for the first time we are receiving the error "Information is needed before this report can be processed" I have found documentation that states that this can happen if your server has an underscore. Our server does not it is named ourcompany.server.eeecrm Can the periods have the same effect as the underscore. Or does anyone have another cause? Thank you Hi There - Hope you don't mind but I wish to piggy-back on your post. I get the same error on our custom reports that use OLE DB to connect to another SQL server other than the MS CRM ...

Using Excel in Mac office 2004 with Microsoft/Mac 2008:Analysis toolpack
Although I am disappointed with Office 2008 for Mac because of the absent of Analysis toolpack, I figured things out quite recently that I can still install my Mac office 2004 and use the excel package that contains the Analysis tool pack. How? ...... let me show you: 1. Insert your CD for Mac office 2004 2. When it open on your desk top, two options will be given to you to download the software (a) Office set-up assistant, and (b) Microsoft office 2004. 3. CHOOSE MICROSOFT OFFICE 2004 (Drag the icon onto your desk top) and it will start to run/download. 4. When done, this will appear as ...

SetParameterFields in CCrystalCtrl Activex(Crystal Report)
Hi , I am trying to call a Crystal Report from my VC program.In that i am facing problem while trying to send a selection criteria for my report (the equivalant in VB is SelectionFormula) I want to make selection based on a Date feild and another extension filed (say date between '01/01/2003' and '01/01/2004' and extn_no = 100) How can i do that.Any idea???????????? Reny ...

How to obtain enumerated attribute declarations from a DTD using MSXML & VB?
I have a VB (VB6, not .NET) application that reads an XML file (using MSXML v3.2 parser); the XML file contains a reference to an external DTD. The DTD has numerous enumerated attribute declarations like so: <!ATTLIST MyElement MyAttribute (One | Two | Three) "One" > The VB code needs to generate dynamic pick-list for all the attributes that appear in the DTD as part of a data-entry application; each dynamically created pick list should contain all the allowable values for the attribute as defined by the DTD (and presented in some kind of multiple choice control like a comb...

Reports in Money Small Business 2004
Since "upgrading" from Money SB 2002 to SB 2004, when I run a Sales Analysis Report (ie, "All Projects" or any project for that matter) . . . NONE of the sales/invoices are included (except as $zero) for the dates BEFORE I "upgraded" the software. The paid (or unpaid) invoice (s) for all of the projects are still there, showing the correct amount of money, they are not, however included in ANY type of report I try to run. In other words, I can ONLY get totals within a report SINCE I "upgraded" (since 6/1/04). IF I were to run any sales reports...

Using subtotals as single data entries
Sorry about the subject--I couldn't figure out how to describe it simply. I have a large file (16,000 records) of amounts billed by roughly 10,000 service providers. A number of these providers have multiple office locations, so each record is unique to a specific office location. In other words, a provider who billed from 3 different office locations will have 3 entries. Each provider has a unique provider ID number, which stays the same regardless of which office location he is billing from. I want to be able to subtotal the amount billed by each provider for all their office locations...

Using Risk+ with MSP 2007
We use Risk+ as a risk simulation tool. We have discovered that it works approximately 20 times SLOWER in MSP 2007 than MSP 2003. Has anyone else run into this problem. If so, is there a remedy? My hunch this not a generic issue, but surely best that you consult with the Risk+ people on this. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 02/03/10 18:08, Tom Mc wrote: > We use Risk+ as a risk simulation tool. We have discovered that it works > approximately 20 times SLOWER in MSP 2007 than MSP 2003. Has anyone else run > into this problem. If so, is there a remedy? W...

zz report date truncation
We run only z reports at end of day. We will be running cashier shifts soon and would like to run z and zz reports the way they were intended. Is there any way to truncate the zz report date for each register without it running since the beginning of time and using a truckload of paper? Thanks in advance! This may not be the most graceful solution, but you could simply turn off your printer before 'printing' the zz report. Then manually delete all print tasks for that printer before turning it back on. The report won't print, but RMS will think it did. "TV hardwa...

zoom bitmap in CStatic Picture Control
Hello NG, I show an image with SetBitmap of my CStatic Picture Control in a dialog. My CStatic window's size is unsizable, so I let the image be shown centred. But each image is dimensioned differently. How can I zoom the image in my CStatic? CRect rect; m_stcPic.GetWindowRect(rect); // mein CStatic Picture Control double fx = (double)image.GetWidth() / (double)rect.Width(); double fy = (double)image.GetHeight() / (double)rect.Height(); HBITMAP m_bitmap = image.MakeBitmap(); if (fx > fy) { // use fx to zoom } else { // use fy to zoom } m_stcPic.SetBitmap(m_bitmap); In ...

Exchange 2K: Controlling incoming email formats....
Question... AFAIK (and correct me if I am wrong), Exchange natively only lets you control message formats for messages that are downloaded to POP\IMAP clients. For security reasons, I would like Exchange to convert all incoming\outgoing email from\to external domains, as well as INTRA-domain email , to plain text format. In other words, I do not want to see anymore html email on my server going in and out, just plain text. Is there a setting for this for Exchange to handle this natively? If not, what (if any) 3rd party solutions are out there for this? Thanks, George Here's the Re...

how to use roundup
how to roundup the number to hundreds example 1250101 to 1250200 , 1250901 to 1251000 , 1250750 to 1250800 thank alot =ROUNDUP(A1,-2) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "r4319hb" <r4319hb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8D5EA24-858C-49D3-A5ED-481FEBEA36CB@microsoft.com... > how to roundup the number to hundreds example 1250101 to 1250200 , 1250901 > to > 1251000 , 1250750 to 1250800 > thank alot =CEILING(A1,100) -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "r4319hb" <r4319hb@discussions.microsoft...

Using 'like' on a user prompt
I want to prompt the user for a value to use to filter a form. Here is my command with the WhereCondition: docmd.OpenForm "test", acNormal, , "LastName=[Enter a Last Name]" I want to use the WhereCondition as a "LIKE" criteria. Variations on the WhereCondition itself that I've tried include various combinations of LastName LIKE %...% LastName LIKE *...* LastName LIKE [%...%] LastName LIKE [*...*] You get the idea... No luck so far. Any thoughts? On Thu, 27 May 2010 21:52:50 GMT, "RicDon" <u60397@uwe> wrote: >I wan...

Using online services from Europe
I'm going to be temporarily stationed in Europe for a couple of months. Are there any problems with my using M2002 to access my accounts, pay bills, etc, from there just as I do from the US? TIA You should be fine, so long as you have a 128 bit encryption version of IE. If you do have problems, please feel free to post here :-) -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or email mnyukwsh...

Cashier over short report
Does anyone have a cashier over short report that they would share? I am having problems building my own. Thanks ...

Report for single record
I have a report that shows much data about a single record that I am trying to reuse from a previous database. In my new DB, the project manager is set in an intermediate table between project data and contact data. How do I reference a table outside the forms data source? Can I run a query in a form without having to build a query? Several possibilities. If you just need to look up a single value from another table so you can limit the report to the correct value, DLookup() should do that for you. See: Getting a value from a table: DLookup() at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07...