Update Report 03-02-10

I have a report that doesnt show all of my data from the table. It worked the
first time, then yesterday I added more entries. It only shows the older
entries now. I'm sure this is probably something simple that I'm overlooking,
but can someone please tell me how to get my Report to update so that it
shows all records in the table every time? Thanks for your help!!

Open the report in design view and find the record source. View the record
source in design and try to troubleshoot.

If you can't figure out your problem, come back with what you have discovered.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"tsquared1518" wrote:

> I have a report that doesnt show all of my data from the table. It worked the
> first time, then yesterday I added more entries. It only shows the older
> entries now. I'm sure this is probably something simple that I'm overlooking,
> but can someone please tell me how to get my Report to update so that it
> shows all records in the table every time? Thanks for your help!!
The Record Source is my Work Order Main Info Table, which is linked to my
Order Items Table. I have a form to enter this info into the table, the Main
Form being the Work Order Main Info table, and the subform being the Order
Items Table. Is it not updating because the Record Source should be the
query? I will keep working on it.

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> Open the report in design view and find the record source. View the record
> source in design and try to troubleshoot.
>
> If you can't figure out your problem, come back with what you have discovered.
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "tsquared1518" wrote:
>
> > I have a report that doesnt show all of my data from the table. It worked the
> > first time, then yesterday I added more entries. It only shows the older
> > entries now. I'm sure this is probably something simple that I'm overlooking,
> > but can someone please tell me how to get my Report to update so that it
> > shows all records in the table every time? Thanks for your help!!
What do you see in the datasheet view of your record source? What is the SQL
view of your record source?

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"tsquared1518" wrote:

> The Record Source is my Work Order Main Info Table, which is linked to my
> Order Items Table. I have a form to enter this info into the table, the Main
> Form being the Work Order Main Info table, and the subform being the Order
> Items Table. Is it not updating because the Record Source should be the
> query? I will keep working on it.
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > Open the report in design view and find the record source. View the record
> > source in design and try to troubleshoot.
> >
> > If you can't figure out your problem, come back with what you have discovered.
> >
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "tsquared1518" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a report that doesnt show all of my data from the table. It worked the
> > > first time, then yesterday I added more entries. It only shows the older
> > > entries now. I'm sure this is probably something simple that I'm overlooking,
> > > but can someone please tell me how to get my Report to update so that it
> > > shows all records in the table every time? Thanks for your help!!
If I am reading your question right...the datasheet view of the record source
would be the datasheet view of the table. I will try to show what it looks
like below.

   Work Order#   Customer   Customer PO#   Date Issued   Ship Date
Approved By
+     1234               J Doe              1                   3/1/10
 3/2/10        tsquared

Then when you click the + sign, it shows all the info from the Order Items
table, which has 11 more fields.

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> What do you see in the datasheet view of your record source? What is the SQL
> view of your record source?
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "tsquared1518" wrote:
>
> > The Record Source is my Work Order Main Info Table, which is linked to my
> > Order Items Table. I have a form to enter this info into the table, the Main
> > Form being the Work Order Main Info table, and the subform being the Order
> > Items Table. Is it not updating because the Record Source should be the
> > query? I will keep working on it.
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > Open the report in design view and find the record source. View the record
> > > source in design and try to troubleshoot.
> > >
> > > If you can't figure out your problem, come back with what you have discovered.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP

Here is the sql view of the query.

SELECT [Work Order Main Info].[Work Order#] AS [Work Order Main Info_Work
Order#], [Work Order Main Info].Customer, [Work Order Main Info].[Customer
PO#], [Work Order Main Info].[Date Issued], [Work Order Main Info].[Ship
Date], [Work Order Main Info].[Approved By], [Order Items].ID, [Order
Items].[Work Order#] AS [Order Items_Work Order#], [Order Items].[Seal
Profile], [Order Items].Material, [Order Items].Quantity, [Order Items].[DVL
(inches)], [Order Items].[Total Length (ft)], [Order Items].Configuration,
[Order Items].[Valve Type], [Order Items].[Valve Location], [Order
Items].[Valve Length], [Order Items].Notes
FROM [Work Order Main Info] INNER JOIN [Order Items] ON [Work Order Main
Info].[Work Order#] = [Order Items].[Work Order#];

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> What do you see in the datasheet view of your record source? What is the SQL
> view of your record source?
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "tsquared1518" wrote:
>
> > The Record Source is my Work Order Main Info Table, which is linked to my
> > Order Items Table. I have a form to enter this info into the table, the Main
> > Form being the Work Order Main Info table, and the subform being the Order
> > Items Table. Is it not updating because the Record Source should be the
> > query? I will keep working on it.
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > Open the report in design view and find the record source. View the record
> > > source in design and try to troubleshoot.
> > >
> > > If you can't figure out your problem, come back with what you have discovered.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP

Work Order Main Info_Work Order#	Customer	Customer PO#	Date Issued	Ship
Date	Approved By	ID	Order Items_Work Order#	Seal
Profile	Material	Quantity	DVL (inches)	Total Length (ft)	Configuration	Valve
Type	Valve Location	Valve Length	Notes
1777	Continental	6373	2 /19/2010	2 /25/2010	Travis
Thompson	3	1777	DR5	EPDM	6	372	0	endless	"1/4"" tubing"	end	"10"""
1777	Continental	6373	2 /19/2010	2 /25/2010	Travis
Thompson	4	1777	DR5	EPDM	6	278	0	endless	"1/4"" tubing"	end	"10"""
1788	Likon	8773	2 /24/2010	3 /12/2010	Travis
Thompson	6	1788	DR62	EPDM	2	252	0	see drawing	"1/4"" tubing"	See
Drawing	"20"""	2 Different valve locations, Molded Corners, Check Drawings
1790	Land O' Frost	L101359	2 /26/2010	3 /1 /2010	Travis
Thompson	9	1790	DR3	NEOPRENE	4	286	0	endless	MCV	2' from splice	3'
tubing	Smokehouse gasket. Fabric Reinforced Splice
1791	Johnson Packing	00054789	2 /26/2010	3 /2 /2010	Travis
Thompson	7	1791	DR3	EPDM	2	256	0	endless	"1/2"" tubing"	out base	"5 3/4""
long"	"Swivel connections on end of tube. DO NOT SHIP without special air
connections.

Put on seal part # BL10110A29699G35R3"
1791	Johnson Packing	00054789	2 /26/2010	3 /2 /2010	Travis
Thompson	8	1791	DR3	EPDM	2	312	0	endless	"1/2"" tubing"	out base	"5 3/4""
long"	"Swivel connections on end of tube. DO NOT SHIP without special air
connections.

Put on seal part # BL10110A29699G45R4"
1792	Apollo Bathware	17075	2 /26/2010	3 /5 /2010	Travis
Thompson	13	1792	DR2	EPDM	2	62	0	square	"1/4"" tubing"	out base from right
corner	"36"""	"See Drawing.

Valve out base as close to right corner as possible"
1793	Graco Endisys	1098391	3 /1 /2010	3 /1 /2010	Travis
Thompson	10	1793	DR3	NEOPRENE	20	60	0	Circle	custom	out
base	"22.5"""	"Endisys Seals

Brand with 15X729   M10"
1794	Lewis Goetz and Co. (FL)	JK013310	3 /1 /2010	3 /2 /2010	Travis
Thompson	11	1794	DR30	SILICONE	1	270	0	straight	M6 - on side	"4 1/2"" from
one end"		Vulcanize the ends.
1795	Foster Farms (Turlock)	4500691490	3 /1 /2010	3 /1 /2010	Travis
Thompson	12	1795	DR3	NEOPRENE	3	262	0	endless	MCV	out base	3'
tubing	Smokehouse gasket. Fabric Reinforced Splice.
1796	Quality Sausage Co.	10-p0406	3 /2 /2010	3 /8 /2010	Travis
Thompson	15	1796	DR3	NEOPRENE	4	245	0	endless	MCV	out base	3' hose	Smokehouse
Gasket.
1797	Smithfield (Grayson, KY)	Sample	3 /2 /2010	3 /8 /2010	Travis
Thompson	14	1797	DR3	SILICONE	1	322	0	endless	MCV	out base	3' hose	Smokehouse
Gasket.

"tsquared1518" wrote:

> If I am reading your question right...the datasheet view of the record source
> would be the datasheet view of the table. I will try to show what it looks
> like below.
>
>    Work Order#   Customer   Customer PO#   Date Issued   Ship Date
> Approved By
> +     1234               J Doe              1                   3/1/10
>  3/2/10        tsquared
>
> Then when you click the + sign, it shows all the info from the Order Items
> table, which has 11 more fields.
>

> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > What do you see in the datasheet view of your record source? What is the SQL
> > view of your record source?
> >
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "tsquared1518" wrote:
> >
> > > The Record Source is my Work Order Main Info Table, which is linked to my
> > > Order Items Table. I have a form to enter this info into the table, the Main
> > > Form being the Work Order Main Info table, and the subform being the Order
> > > Items Table. Is it not updating because the Record Source should be the
> > > query? I will keep working on it.

Does the datasheet show everything that you want to display in the report?

One thing to keep in mind is that no Work Orders will display that don't
have Order Items. If this is an issue, change the JOIN to include all records
from the Work Orders table.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"tsquared1518" wrote:

> Here is the sql view of the query.
>
> SELECT [Work Order Main Info].[Work Order#] AS [Work Order Main Info_Work
> Order#], [Work Order Main Info].Customer, [Work Order Main Info].[Customer
> PO#], [Work Order Main Info].[Date Issued], [Work Order Main Info].[Ship
> Date], [Work Order Main Info].[Approved By], [Order Items].ID, [Order
> Items].[Work Order#] AS [Order Items_Work Order#], [Order Items].[Seal
> Profile], [Order Items].Material, [Order Items].Quantity, [Order Items].[DVL
> (inches)], [Order Items].[Total Length (ft)], [Order Items].Configuration,
> [Order Items].[Valve Type], [Order Items].[Valve Location], [Order
> Items].[Valve Length], [Order Items].Notes
> FROM [Work Order Main Info] INNER JOIN [Order Items] ON [Work Order Main
> Info].[Work Order#] = [Order Items].[Work Order#];
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > What do you see in the datasheet view of your record source? What is the SQL
> > view of your record source?
> >
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "tsquared1518" wrote:
> >
> > > The Record Source is my Work Order Main Info Table, which is linked to my
> > > Order Items Table. I have a form to enter this info into the table, the Main
> > > Form being the Work Order Main Info table, and the subform being the Order
> > > Items Table. Is it not updating because the Record Source should be the
> > > query? I will keep working on it.

The datasheet shows everything that I want to display in the report. All Work
Orders will have at least 1 Order Item, so that won't be a problem.

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> Does the datasheet show everything that you want to display in the report?
>
> One thing to keep in mind is that no Work Orders will display that don't
> have Order Items. If this is an issue, change the JOIN to include all records
> from the Work Orders table.
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "tsquared1518" wrote:
>
> > Here is the sql view of the query.
> >
> > SELECT [Work Order Main Info].[Work Order#] AS [Work Order Main Info_Work
> > Order#], [Work Order Main Info].Customer, [Work Order Main Info].[Customer
> > PO#], [Work Order Main Info].[Date Issued], [Work Order Main Info].[Ship
> > Date], [Work Order Main Info].[Approved By], [Order Items].ID, [Order
> > Items].[Work Order#] AS [Order Items_Work Order#], [Order Items].[Seal
> > Profile], [Order Items].Material, [Order Items].Quantity, [Order Items].[DVL
> > (inches)], [Order Items].[Total Length (ft)], [Order Items].Configuration,
> > [Order Items].[Valve Type], [Order Items].[Valve Location], [Order
> > Items].[Valve Length], [Order Items].Notes
> > FROM [Work Order Main Info] INNER JOIN [Order Items] ON [Work Order Main
> > Info].[Work Order#] = [Order Items].[Work Order#];
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > What do you see in the datasheet view of your record source? What is the SQL
> > > view of your record source?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP

If the records are in the datasheet view of the report but don't display in
the report then I would check the filter property. Also, make sure the
controls are in the proper sections of the report.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"tsquared1518" wrote:

> The datasheet shows everything that I want to display in the report. All Work
> Orders will have at least 1 Order Item, so that won't be a problem.
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > Does the datasheet show everything that you want to display in the report?
> >
> > One thing to keep in mind is that no Work Orders will display that don't
> > have Order Items. If this is an issue, change the JOIN to include all records
> > from the Work Orders table.
> >
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "tsquared1518" wrote:
> >
> > > Here is the sql view of the query.
> > >
> > > SELECT [Work Order Main Info].[Work Order#] AS [Work Order Main Info_Work
> > > Order#], [Work Order Main Info].Customer, [Work Order Main Info].[Customer
> > > PO#], [Work Order Main Info].[Date Issued], [Work Order Main Info].[Ship
> > > Date], [Work Order Main Info].[Approved By], [Order Items].ID, [Order
> > > Items].[Work Order#] AS [Order Items_Work Order#], [Order Items].[Seal
> > > Profile], [Order Items].Material, [Order Items].Quantity, [Order Items].[DVL
> > > (inches)], [Order Items].[Total Length (ft)], [Order Items].Configuration,
> > > [Order Items].[Valve Type], [Order Items].[Valve Location], [Order
> > > Items].[Valve Length], [Order Items].Notes
> > > FROM [Work Order Main Info] INNER JOIN [Order Items] ON [Work Order Main

The filter property is blank, the filter on property says no. I may just try
starting the report from scratch.

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> If the records are in the datasheet view of the report but don't display in
> the report then I would check the filter property. Also, make sure the
> controls are in the proper sections of the report.
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "tsquared1518" wrote:
>
> > The datasheet shows everything that I want to display in the report. All Work
> > Orders will have at least 1 Order Item, so that won't be a problem.
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > Does the datasheet show everything that you want to display in the report?
> > >
> > > One thing to keep in mind is that no Work Orders will display that don't
> > > have Order Items. If this is an issue, change the JOIN to include all records
> > > from the Work Orders table.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP

Error: Can't clean up the following tables: PriceLevel. 02-13-05
Hello all, using CRM 1.2 on a win2k3 server we get this error in the application event log: Source: MSCRMDeletionService Event ID: 5895 - Error: Can't clean up the following tables: PriceLevel. Category: none User: n/a Computer: our_exchange_server ooppps, I forgot, of course many thanks in advance for any tip! ...

Update for MS Money 2005?

Report problem
I have this report that shows all receipts from any given client. The total outstanding balance is then tallied in the report. For some, the total outstanding balance is $0. In this case, I don't want that person to show up in the report. Is there a way to omit them? I know I could do it it in the underlying query, but the only way I know to do it requires totaling everything in the query, which would eliminate the ability to show each receipt individually on the report. Thanks! Create a totals query that calculates the balance by client. Then add this totals query to your re...

Problem with Script Updating

Historical Inventory Trial Balance Report
Hi, Has anyone tried to use the Historical Inventory Trail Balance Report yet? I tried to execute the Historical Inventory Trial Balance Inventory Reset Tool Wizard and Run Data Checks. However, the IV HITB Reset Tool Validation Report printed the following to each of my Items: "Serial/Lot tracked item's receipt layer adjusted unit cost does not equal unit cost." "Open layer exists in purchase receipts table where valuation method not stamped." Problem is, I can't proceed to the next setp until I solve these error messages. Any suggestions how to solve th...

Publisher 2007 and Microsoft Updates

Update question

Windows Live Messenger has stopped working 01-07-10
Looking for some guidance. When I select Windows Live Messenger I receive the following: Windows is checking for a solution to the problem I have tried changing the compatibility settings and re-installing several times. windows 7 home premium (64-bit OS) 6GB RAM ...

[Not Found] in Report Writer
Hi, I modified a report in report writer. When I add text ... and tried to print my report ... everywhere I added text ...I see on my report [Not Found] or in french CHAINE MANQUANTE. There somebody could help me. Sorry for my english. And thank you to help me. Nathalie, 1) Exportez vos fabrications sur commande vers un dossier de paquet. Allez à la Microsoft Dynamics GP > Instruments > Customize > Customization Maintenance. Accentuez vos fabrications sur commande de rapport et cliquez sur le bouton d'Export 2) La sortie GP et efface votre dictionnaire de rapports...

Visitor Report
I would like to store a Visitor Report. This Visitor Report must have a relation with an Account. An Account can have more than one Visitor reports. A Visitor reports must be more than a note, for example it contains a date and a time. Any suggestions? The easy way:- You could use a convention where all note titles are like "2004 10 09 14:15 <visit subject>" Then, all notes will sort in chronological sequence, and anyone can see the data and time easily The report itself is stored either as note text, or as an attachment "Marcel" <marcelvandenaker@tis...

Z Report prompted to print a second
After each transaction our Epson prints a receipt, then RMS prompts us "would you like to print a receipt on Printer 2" and that is our option if we need a gift receipt for the customer. This works well. There is one minor issue we run into with this - after we run an X or Z report, we get the same prompt asking if we want to print a receipt on Printer 2. We never need a second X or Z, so we always select "No". Would like to eliminate this annoying prompt - any suggestions? -- Kris in store ops - database - registers - receipt formats - copy current receipt for...

Attaching an email or a scanned document to an Access Report
In my original database (now two years old), I added a paragraph of text in a memo field in a record. Now, after a group reorganization, I will be getting additional e-mailed information and/or hard copy that has to become part of that record. I am planning to scan the hard-copy to create an attachable document and/or open the email and somehow include the attachment to the Access record. Does anyone have any suggestions or examples? Would hyperlinking be the way to go? Sorry, I meant to mention I'm using Access 2003 and the documents are usually 2-3 pages long. "Help Elimin...

How update entity in post update?

latest update too MSCFV2

Outlook 03 crashes constantly
I installed Outlook 03 a week or so ago and although I like the look, feel and new features the damn thing crashes all the time. It just freezes and I have to use the task manager to shut it down. Even after that I still have the icon in the task tray and I have to close it through the processes screen. Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix? Thanks Try a new mail profile. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted witho...

Dynamic Menu update

Count distinct lines in a report
Hi all I have a simple Access report that lists work order numbers, along with various information against this order number. An individual order number may appear more than once in this report. I would like at thge bopttom of the report, the number of different work order numbers in the report. I am trying to build an expression / formula to do this, but am struggling a bit. Thanks for any help anyone can throw my way. DominicB Are the work order numbers all printing together in the report in one location or are they scattered around the report? John Spencer Acce...

online updates for money2003(not updating)

Payroll Update

[ANN] Excel X security update