Unbound Controls

Can I store a field that I calculate in a report in a table. More or less
what I want to do is take a stored value on a report and put into a field in
one of my tables. Is this possible?

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:25:00 -0800, Calvin wrote:

> Can I store a field that I calculate in a report in a table. More or less
> what I want to do is take a stored value on a report and put into a field in
> one of my tables. Is this possible?

You have asked a very wide open generic question.
Why not take the time to be more specific as to what you wish to do.
And why. Did you wish to Update an existing record or add a new
record to a table?
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

   It probably is possible to use the report's OnFormat event, to examine
your calced value, and Update query your table with that value, but I would
not recommend it.
--
    hth
    Al Campagna

"Calvin" <Calvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I store a field that I calculate in a report in a table. More or less
> what I want to do is take a stored value on a report and put into a field
> in
> one of my tables. Is this possible?

0
Al
12/12/2007 9:51:18 PM
See:
    Calculated fields
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/casu-14.html

The article explains how (and more importantly, when) to store calculated
results.

"Calvin" <Calvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can I store a field that I calculate in a report in a table. More or less
> what I want to do is take a stored value on a report and put into a field
> in
> one of my tables. Is this possible?

0
Allen

unbound forms
I have a form that has a recordsource based on a query I typed in and I have all the controls on the form unbound. I believe with a bound control it keeps a link to the database so there is a lot of communication between form and database right? With an unbound form does the recordsource "download" a recordset that the form then walks through? So if I add a next button to the form, when next is clicked does the form requery the database or does it get the data from the recordset? I am working in access 2007 and right now the database is split with the backend stil...

controls and res editor
Hello, I'm new to MFC programming for windows though I have read quite a bit about SDK and some MFC programming. My question is, I want to create a control (static text, etc.) to be a child window, not a dialog box. I want it to come up on program start in the main window as a child. MS Visual C++ 6.x Pro allows me to design a control in the resource editor. But it doesn't generate code to show or paint the control automatically. So I'm trying to figure where to insert such code. Would it be in the CMainFrame::OnCreate function ?? If so could you give me a brief example. D wrot...

Bound form with unbound controls
I have a bound form that has 2 unbound combo boxes that I need to have the value of combo #2 as a field value of the table the form is bound to. Haven't worked with ACCESS in a while so my programming is off, but can anyone help me out here? Thanks, Jeff This is an odd request. May I ask why you need an unbound control that has a value from the same table that the form is bound to? Do you mean field name maybe? To get a value (though I don't know why you would in this case), use: =DLookup("Fieldname", "Tablename", "Criteria") If...

MSChart Control
Does the MSChart control (6.0 SP4) support showing the data series values in a table below a 2D line chart as the Excel chart does when the "show data table" option is checked? If not, any alternate suggestions for charting in an Access 2002 report? ...

how to make this grid control
I need to make a grid like the one in this picture's right window pane. But I can't find anything like it in the MFC control classes. http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~flei/grid.png How do you make it? =( If these are any relevance: - I'm not using it for database purposes - I keep seeing a reference to an MsFlexgrid, what is it? - I am looking for a (v)c++ method, NOT a VB control Thanks!!! MFC does not include a grid class. MsFlexgrid is an ActiveX object that ships with Windows, you can use from any language can support COM. The IDE will create a C++ wrapper class for it if...

Delegate Control?
I have two Routing Groups in my Exchange Organization. I am responsible for the servers at the home office in RG1, and want to delegate control to another admin in a branch office that is in RG2 so they he only has permissions to his RG. What is the best way to accomplish this? Routing Groups are not an administrative boundary. Administrative Groups are. To install servers in a new Administrative Group, you need to create the Administrative Group before you start Exchange setup for the (new) server(s). Once installed, you cannot move a server across Administrative Groups even in a...

Creating a transparent picture control
Hi, I have added a picture control to my dialog and set its type to bitmap. I then imported a bitmap to my resouce and set my picture contol to display this image. I'd like this image to be transparent, so that the white background does not diplay. How do I do this? Thanks for your help, Barry. bg_ie@yahoo.com skrev: > Hi, > > I have added a picture control to my dialog and set its type to bitmap. > I then imported a bitmap to my resouce and set my picture contol to > display this image. I'd like this image to be transparent, so that the > white background does...

printing a dialog control
Just a little help. I'm able to print my dialog app. I capture the screen then print the bitmap. Now I just want one control and nothing else. Is there a way? Post some links, I want some help, not my hand held. Thanks You can get some project for printed form view from www.codeprojects.com "Craig Smith" <craig.smith@cogeco.ca> wrote in message news:HEO7b.2428$Gr.122049@read1.cgocable.net... > Just a little help. > > I'm able to print my dialog app. I capture the screen > then print the bitmap. Now I just want one control and nothing else. > >...

Custom control with a scrollbar and converting dialog box units to pixels in a CWnd derived class
Hello, Lets first state the problem I need to solve: Our application has a protocol debug view, which graphically displays the last round of some UHF reader commands done in a device attached via a serial port (some UHF reader). This display consists of several rows (one per time slot) and each row has severl columns (for the various actions done in this time slot). Depending on what happened the column fields in each row get different colors and text. Originally this was done by placine a lot of static labels on the dialod and just changing their text and foreground/background ...

Vb.net 2008 Datagridview bound/unbound columns update datasource effecting unbound columns
Greetings, Well this is really a continuation from a previous thread and I've exhausted all my resources in finding an answer so posting in it's own thread. A datagridview is created programmatically and then the datasource is set to a dataset with all but the datagridviewcheckboxcells bound using the dataproperty option. If I change the underlying datasoure I.e. the datatable (e.g. removing a datarow) then the unbound columns if checkbox values are selected i.e. true are ALL set to false. Is this usual behaviour? Can I prevent this? I couldn't find a singl...

Authentication from two domain Controllers
Hello! I have just added another domain controller. The purpose of this is if DC 1 is going down my users can still get there mail and some other stuff as they now can authenticate through DC 2. DC 2 is replicating everything just fine from DC 1 all ad objects and dns. But when I shut down DC one I can still not get my mail. DCDIAG don't report any errors on the DC's. I have Exchange 2003 sp2 on a 3rd server running win2k3 sp1 (same as my DC's). Does anybody have any ideas how I can make dc 2 take over the entire authentication when DC1 is not present? I also have a pr...

ActiveX Controls in vc++
Hello All, I am designing an ocx control in vc++ 6.in this class i want to write a member function which calls functions in dll files. I just tried the thing but when i am adding the ocx control to my application in vb.net its giving error as self registration failed. How can i solve this problem?,Please help me. -- Adarsh "Adarsh" <Adarsh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BAFF1D2-438C-4134-B8D8-F8C87A4FC0BC@microsoft.com... > Hello All, > > I am designing an ocx control in vc++ 6.in this class i want to write a > member > > f...

Windows control
Hello! Is it any point of having both a trackbar control and a scroll bar control. For me these two are more or less the same thing. Do you are with me? Or is it any major difference between them. //Tony Probably depends what you're using it for. Scrollbars are usually used to scroll windows and trackbars to manipulate data using a scrolling technique so they could easily be used in the same dialog. You can use a scrollbar to do what a slider or trackbar does, but it doesn't look as good imo. Tom "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in mes...

CRM not starting after Domain Controller change
Hi all, I added a new domain controller in my domain. This worked fine, no replication problem or any other problem. But since, CRM (which runs on another server) doesn't start. SQL is running on the CRM server. Each time I try to access CRM through IE, I get a generic error message and the following event is logged on CRM server (event id 2) : MSCRM Platform Error Report -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Défaillance irrémédiable Error Message: Défaillance irrémédiable Error ...

Where to get calendar controls?
Where would I find a calendar control similar to the one found in outlook 2002? I am making a calendar section of a program and need to know where I can get one. The one that comes with VC 2005 isn't going to work for me. http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/CWMDateCtrl.asp how about this one? -- WebSite : Realization of Dream { imagine your dream} - http://rodream.net WebMail : rodream@naver.com "Sunfire" wrote: > Where would I find a calendar control similar to the one found in outlook > 2002? I am making a calendar section of a program and need to know w...

Array or controls on a form?
I have a form with an option box containing 8 options for filtering purposes. Option Value 1 represents All Option Value 2 represents Manager Option Value 3 represents Keyworker etc. The controls are named thus - optRole1 lblRole1 optRole2 lblRole2 etc Can I somehow change the names to optRole(1) lblRole(1) optRole(2) lblRole(2) etc so that I can replace code like this If mablnRoleActive(3) Then lblRole3.BackColor = malngRoleBakGnd(3) lblRole3.Caption = mastrRoleCaption(3) Else lblRole3.Visible = False optRole3.Visible = False End ...

Controls on chart sheets
I count myself a fairly competent user of Excel, but I've just started expanding my knowledge thanks to some of the web sites out there (including Jon Peltier's fine examples). I was delighted with Rob Bovey's labelling add-in, which gives Excel something that I have missed ever since my firm stopped using Lotus 123. Now I am experimenting with controls in Excel, and I have added a scroll bar to interactively change the appearance of an embedded chart. My problem is that I don't usually use charts embedded in a spreadsheet; I prefer to have them on their own pages. ...

Control limitations
G'day all Using Acc2003 in 2K format, as work has not taken the step up to 2007 yet. Is there a way to bypass the maximum "Controls on/in a form" limitation. Background: Essentially, I am attempting to create a "Fatigue Management" DB which records all driver activities during each 24 hour period over a seven day period. The particular form I am attempting to generate requires a substantial amount of input as it is based over a 24 hour period broken into 15 minute increments. Each 15 minute incremented bracket contains the following control...

Reference controls on a dialogue form as the parameters
I am trying to create a dialogue form which asks for start date and end date and includes a button to run a report. My goal is to enter the dates only once to run the report. Currently I have the date parameters set in the two queries and have to enter the date range twice when running the report. I tried following several answers to similar questions but now when opening the form and entering the dates I am prompted to re-enter the dates 3 times! The report I am ultimately trying to run consists of a main report, rptCallVolume, and a subreport, rptContractsAndHours. Each of th...

Unbound subfroms or datasheet forms
I'm sorry to bother you guys with probably one of the most obious questions in Access. but here it goes. I already see the advantages of working with forms with unbound recordsets, like adding records, modifying, deleting and so on. What's bugging me is that I dont know how to apply this principle for forms showing multiple records. Is there a way to implement adding records via disconnected recordsets in forms in datasheet view? I'm I making any sense? Thank you guys so much in advance for any help on this -- Rolando On Dec 11, 9:44 am, Rolando <Rola...@discussions.m...

Forms and Controls
Hey, I can do this Debug.Print Forms(1).Controls("txtBox").MaxLength but I can't seem to do this Debug.Print Forms("frmMain").Controls("txtBox").MaxLength Is there a syntax to access form objects by name rather than by index? TIA Charlie It happens that Charlie formulated : > Hey, I can do this > > Debug.Print Forms(1).Controls("txtBox").MaxLength > > but I can't seem to do this > > Debug.Print Forms("frmMain").Controls("txtBox").MaxLength > > Is there a syntax to access fo...

Creating and adding controls
I need to dynamically create and add controls to a property sheet (page). When should this be done. I can't during OnInitDialog because the dialog doesn't have a hwnd at that time. What other function could I do this? Thanks, Do it in OnInitDialog() , after calling the base class OnInitDialog() function. Something like BOOL CYourPage::OnInitDialog() { CPropertyPage::OnInitDialog(); // base class function // Your control creation return TRUE; } -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "...

How to create an unbound Subform related to an unbound Text Box
Hello, Can somebody help me. I wish to make an a bound/unbound Form and bound/unbound subform. This is needed for creating an GRR entry form with the Receipt details on the header and part, qty details in subform along with a button in the bottom to finally raise a auto generated document number to corelate the header table (Order header) to detail table (Order Detail) You have the advantage of seeing your database. For those who cannont, I think more description will be needed of the database's purpose and structure before it is possible to provide a meaningful answer. For ...

trap setfocus message in custom CWnd control
I create a custom control derived from CWnd and I would like to change it base on focus status through OnPaint(). I already add OnSetFocus(), OnKillFocus() in order to change some flags and then Invalidate(). the problem is that when the contrl get focus and lost it never go to OnSetFocus() Do I need to do something more than just add focus' message (by classWizard)to make it happen. Thanks in advance for your help, Eduardo ...

Select subform's query criteria from form's unbound cbo
I want users to be able to select a name from a form's unbound combo box and that selection to automatically become the criteria for the subform's underlying query, without the parameter box for the query popping up. How do I do this? I'm new to VBA and not an Access 2003 whiz either. TIA for your help! WorkerBee wrote: > I want users to be able to select a name from a form's unbound combo > box and that selection to automatically become the criteria for the > subform's underlying query, without the parameter box for the query > popping up. How do I do t...