Trying to sort data into multiple columns on the report.

Access 2007 I have 1 data column that I want to get on a report, but I want
it to break into two/three columns like so and have some space inbetween the
columns:

1           7         13
2           8         14
3           9         15
4          10        16
5          11        17
6          12        18

The reason is this is a single checklist for people to fill out and multiple
pages is unacceptable.  The list will be printed.

Thank You.

Hoardling1

Hoardling1 via AccessMonster.com wrote:

>Access 2007 I have 1 data column that I want to get on a report, but I want
>it to break into two/three columns like so and have some space inbetween the
>columns:
>
>1           7         13
>2           8         14
>3           9         15
>4          10        16
>5          11        17
>6          12        18
>
>The reason is this is a single checklist for people to fill out and multiple
>pages is unacceptable.

Have you tried to use the File - Page Setup - Columns
options for the report (in design view)?

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Hoardling1 via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Access 2007 I have 1 data column that I want to get on a report, but I want
> it to break into two/three columns like so and have some space inbetween the
> columns:
>
> 1           7         13
> 2           8         14
> 3           9         15
> 4          10        16
> 5          11        17
> 6          12        18
>
> The reason is this is a single checklist for people to fill out and multiple
> pages is unacceptable.  The list will be printed.
>
> Thank You.

> .

Yes, exactly what i was looking for.
Thank You.

Marshall Barton wrote:
>>Access 2007 I have 1 data column that I want to get on a report, but I want
>>it to break into two/three columns like so and have some space inbetween the
>[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
>>The reason is this is a single checklist for people to fill out and multiple
>>pages is unacceptable.
>
>Have you tried to use the File - Page Setup - Columns
>options for the report (in design view)?

Hoardling1

How do I delete rows based upon the content (without sorting the .
After importing an ASCII print file, I'm now trying to get rid of the headers and footers. Any suggestions on how to do this in a automated fashion? Try something like this: http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=20 **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat Excel VBA Certification Coming Soon! www.VBAExpress.com/training/ ******************************** "cev" <cev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C114D60-7FED-4B5E-BDCE-96F803BC83E5@microsoft.com... > After importing an ASCII print file, I'm now trying to get rid of the headers > and ...

I need to join some additional columns from SQL Server into the worksheet ...
Accounting has provided me with an Excel worksheet with several columns of data, one of which is AccountID. There is a table in SQL Sever which also has AccountID. I need to join (using AccountID) some additional columns from SQL Server into the worksheet as new columns, save, and then send the spreadsheet back to Accounting. What is the simplest method to accomplish this? I would prefer a non programming approach with the fewest steps so Accounting can do this themselves next time. DTS would be the easiest, if you can get the data into a staging table. Once the resultset is generated yo...

trying this out
This is a test posting. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:51 +0800, "hmmmm" <bobo123@dotdot.dyndns.org> wrote: >This is a test posting. > Please use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for your testing. This is a working newsgroup. If you have questions about an Access database, please post them. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

Global Customer List Report in HQ
hello, i'm trying to customize the Global Customer List Report in HQ and have gotten everything i need except for customer notes. I've gotten it to put in the 1st line of notes but it will not put any further lines of information in there. This is what i have in the report Begin Column FieldName = "Customer.Notes" DrillDownFieldName = "" DrillDownReportName = "" Title = "Notes" VBDataType = vbString Formula = "" ColHidden = False ColNotDisplayable = False FilterDisabled = False ColWidth = ""...

Graph intra-day stock data
How do you graph intra day data (Date, Open, High, Low, Close) format. Where the Date includes the time: (2/22/04 9:00 AM format). Currently, I get a chart with all the individual 30 min bars being grouped into just a daily bar, I would like individual bars for each half hour. The easiest way would be to use a XY Scatter chart, rather than a Line chart. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <106ea01c3f3b9$e560c6d0$a001280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.mi...

Text in column causing SUMPRODUCT error
Greegings. I have a SUMPRODUCT formula that is having errors when one of the columns has text instead of a NULL or a number. If I delete the text cells in that column it works as desired. I'll give a simple example. Suppose I have the following in A1:B6.... a 1 a 2 a abc b 1 b 1 a 2 And I need this... =SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$A$6="a")*($B$1:$B$6)) It errors out until I delete the "abc" in cell B3, then it works as desired. I tried to replace the "abc" with a 0 by trying this... =IF(ISNUMBER(B3)=FALSE,0,B3) And it works for that pa...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

How to mail merge multiple rows in one document 03-11-10
Hi, I have a worksheet that lists subscribers of a service. It looks something like this: Organization Name Title Email ACME CO. Smith, Sam CEO ssmith@acme.com ACME CO. Jones, Bill Staff bjones@acme.com Each organization has one president and multiple staff members listed (between 1 and 5 staff members). I want to email each president, through mail merge, and give them a list of all the current subscribers from their organization (data from other rows in the worksheet). Is this possible to do (using Office 2...

Using F9 Financial Report Program
The F9 Financial report writer recommends auto-recalc be set to manual. For those individuals using F9, there seems to be problems with recalc when viewing spreadsheets that do not employ the F9 report program. Has anyone had similar problems? ...

Sorting in Excel
Hi. I have in sheet1 in Excel 5 columns with data. The A column has names, the B age, the C skills, the D salary and the E a code number (as text). Every few days I add some new names at the end of A column (also the other data in B,C,D,E) and sometimes I delete a few names. I would like to find a formula to transfer all those data in sheet2, exactly the same way, but in ascending order by the name. (With few words I try to find a way to auto sort and transfer some data.) Th. I would do this by writing a macro to: 1. Clear space for a sorted copy of your table. 2. Copy the ...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

Report Destination Window in VB
In Great Plains 8.0, I'm printing checks from the Print Payables Checks screen. The Report Destination window pops up and asks whether I want to print to screen, printer, or file. When I click on File, a File Name field appears. I want to capture the Report Destination window in Visual Basic so that Visual Basic can click the File option and put a file name in. When the Report Destination window appears, I press Ctrl-F11 to add the window to Visual Basic, and I get the message 'This window cannot be added to Visual Basic'. Is there any way I can access that window thr...

format cell data to display stacked data
How do I format a cell to display two stacked numerical values? Not sure whether you're referring to this .. Pressing ALT+ENTER will break for a new line inside the cell So you could try, say in A1: Type "100", press ALT+ENTER, type "200", press ENTER Then it'll appear in A1 as: (but as "text", not numbers) 100 200 -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "dkay10" <dkay10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4DDB913-071B-4CCF-916D-3923DC4B0E5E@microsoft.com...

Convert summed data into 'real' data
I have a column with summed data and want to use the data in anothe worksheet. I don't want to use the formula (and link, etc.), just th data. I know there's a way to do it. Any ideas? Thanks, Bruc -- Stage ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Stage2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1526 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26886 Hi copy the data you want, click in the destination cell and choose EDIT / PASTE SPECIAL - and check values Hope this helps Cheers JulieD ...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking 2003
I just upgraded to Excel 2003 from 2000. The Template Wizard with Data Tracking is not included on the disk and I can find no where to download it. I have a major program that uses this function. I can download the 2002 version, which I was told would work, but I cannot load it into Excel. Does anyone where I can get this wizard or where the 2002 version goes when I click on the TMPLWZ.exe file ?????????? HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

How do I cancel a msg Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully?
How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Please help! Angelczech wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:32 > How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send ...

Change multiple users e-mail address at one go
Does any one know any script/tool/command in E2k3 on win2k3 where in i can change multiple users primary e-mails address at one go. -- Manoj " Jack of all trades, master of the moment" Have a look at admodify. http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "manoj" <manoj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79D66A7A-B875-45DF-8888-E54D92CD84B2@microsoft.com... > Does an...

How to send email after entry from data access page
I hope this is an easy one, but i am not a programmer. I got volunteered for this because i built an inventory database. Access 2003I have a simple referral table that i have linked to an "Input" page for people to enter records (including a drop down list of email addresses). And an "Output" page where pepole can come and edit. That part seems to be working fine.I need to have an email sent out when a new record is posted. Ideally, i would like it to be sent out based on who is selected in that email list, but i would settle for anything at this point.Thank you in adv...

Embed tags in email for purposes of sorting
Hi, I have a question that I couldn't find an answer to searching through the forum. I'm a bit new to outlook so my apolgies if I missed the answer in my search. I'm an architect and work on a large number of projects concurrently and would like to be able to automatically sort my email by project. Currently I have some rules set up but I get a lot of email from the same sources related to different projects. I can't find any real common thread to sort messages but would like to develop some method of sorting my email by project. One method I would like to try and that should...

CRM Report shows only 10 records
Hi Guys I am trying to show more than 10 records from a report, some reports shows me nothing and others only 10 records How can I fix that? -- Luis Quiroz ...

trying to insert a 0 in front of zipcode
Hello, I do not use excel at all so i have no clue! I have a list of daycares that i want to create mailing labels with...about 700 of them but the problem is my zipcode column there needs to be a zero in front of all 700 zipcodes how to i insert a zero in front of them without having to type it into each box? the other question is can i print labels directly from excel or do i have to go thru ms word? thanks Greg One of these 1) format the cells with custom format 00000 2) format the cells with Special / Zip Codes 3) format the cells as Text 4) begin all zip codes with an sin...

One driver for multiple OS
Is it possible to use one build environment to create one bulk USB driver binary to run on WinXP, Vista and Windows 7 using WDK 7600.16385.0? Or do I need 3 driver binaries per platform (eg x86, amd64)? -- Thanks, Eric You can do it with one driver, just use the build environment of the oldest platform that you want to target (XP in this case). See http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa906294.aspx for details on how to dynamically take advantage of the features available on later platforms (if you need or want to, that is). -scott -- Scott Noone Consulting ...

Adding data in two columns
Help! I am working with data in two columns and would like to total the dupilcate numbers giving me a sum total. Example: Column A Column B 12345 4 12345 2 12345 6 I would like to combine all into one line that would look like: Column A Column B 12345 12 Any suggestions would be greatly appeciated!! Shawn Hi use a pivot table for this. See: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot02.html http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-p...