trying to align shifting text boxes

my report has a number of columns and in 2 of them are a quantity of text
boxes stacked vertically on top of each other

in a perfect world, the data would stack INDEPENDANTLY in each column
(without aligning across the columns)
ex:      COLUMN 1        COLUMN 2
          textbox 1a              texbox 2a
          textbox 1a              texbox 2b
          textbox 1b              texbox 2b
          textbox 1c              texbox 2c

not like this:
ex:      COLUMN 1        COLUMN 2
          textbox 1a              texbox 2a
          textbox 1a
          textbox 1b              texbox 2b
                                        texbox 2b
          textbox 1c              texbox 2c

my question is 2:
         1 -  is the above formatting possible?
         2 -  (2) of my textboxes -(1) in column 1 and (1) in column 2
(neither are the first in the column
                have the exact same top of box position, and the same height
(0")
                yet the TB in col 2 is being forced to start in alignment
with the bottom of the TB in col 1
                - any thoughts on why this is happening?

many thanks in advnce,
mark

0
Mark

E-mail viewing pane alignment
How can I make a email document that I have designed display in the email viewing pane in the center? Every document that I have created and emailed is aligned on the left in the viewing pane. I've received many emails that are aligned center and would like to know if publisher 2007 is capable of doing this or do I have to manually enter the html code to make it. ...

trying this out
This is a test posting. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:51 +0800, "hmmmm" <bobo123@dotdot.dyndns.org> wrote: >This is a test posting. > Please use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for your testing. This is a working newsgroup. If you have questions about an Access database, please post them. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

Text wrap in merged cells
Is there a way to get text to wrap in cells that have been merged. Example: A2:C2 are merged cells to get the width needed. Text is placed in A2 that is greater length than the merged cells. I would like the text to wrap but can not seem to get that to happen if cells have been merged. Hi Chuck If the merged cells are A1:C1 and your text is longer than the merged cells, then try merging cells A1:C2 and also ticking the wrap cells, and the unseen text will apper on row 2. Yours, Mathew "Chuck Dorn" <c.dorn@gwccnet.com> wrote in message news:1df501c3e041$07386ba0$a50128...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

Text in column causing SUMPRODUCT error
Greegings. I have a SUMPRODUCT formula that is having errors when one of the columns has text instead of a NULL or a number. If I delete the text cells in that column it works as desired. I'll give a simple example. Suppose I have the following in A1:B6.... a 1 a 2 a abc b 1 b 1 a 2 And I need this... =SUMPRODUCT(($A$1:$A$6="a")*($B$1:$B$6)) It errors out until I delete the "abc" in cell B3, then it works as desired. I tried to replace the "abc" with a 0 by trying this... =IF(ISNUMBER(B3)=FALSE,0,B3) And it works for that pa...

locking a text box in a subform
Hi there, I've got a form that looks like this: MAIN FORM SUBFORM1 SUBFORM2 SUBFORM3 I'm trying to code an event in a listbox in SUBFORM1 that locks a textbox in SUBFORM2 if the user picks a certain item from the list. However, I can't seem to get the code right in order to do it. I tried this: If whatever Then Forms!subfrm1.subfrm2!Listboxname.Locked = True End if However it keeps telling me it can't find subfrm1. Any ideas? jjmclell On Aug 22, 8:55 am, jjmcl...@lakeheadu.ca wrote: > Hi there, > > I've got a form that looks like this:...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

New History Item, Mail Message sends all messages as Rich Text Format
We are using Business Contact Manager 2007 with Outlook 2007. We are not using Exchange server as a backend, just plain old pop3/smtp mail servers. Problem we are having is when we open up an account, Click on New History Item, Mail Message, and if we send an attachment with that, the person that receives the message gets it in Rich Text format. If we right click on the Email address itself and click on Send Mail. The message will be sent out fine. Right click on the message and looking at the properties of the email address has the internet format listed as "Let Outlook decide the ...

supressing the message box
I have an excel macro which has some msgboxs with relevant messages according to some business rules. I want to display these conditionaly only when the function is invoked by clicking on a button. I dont want these msgs to appear when the macro is run from a .vbs file. Is there any way to accomplish this? Pls let me know - ill be greatly benifited by it. Thanks! - Anu Is there a way of setting a variable to handle this? (Perhaps in worksheet cell) eg:- '-------------------------------------------------------------- Dim ShowMessage As Boolean ShowMessage = True If ShowMessage = True T...

OnCtlColor, static text and read-only edit controls
Hi, I want to do something really simple (!) which is to change the background color of a dialog. I've added OnCtlColor() which works - except- it doesn't change the background color for static text controls or for read-only edit controls. So, for the static text I subclassed CStatic and made the text a control variable and that works, but is that the only way? I ask because I've got nearly 50 static text boxes and I'm lazy enough to want to avoid creating 50 IDs and 50 variables if I can help it. Regarding the read-only edit controls, I'm not sure what to do there. I ...

How do I cancel a msg Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully?
How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Please help! Angelczech wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:32 > How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send ...

Error: Can't Shift Objects off Sheet
Hello: I have created about 13 outline groups in columns. When I try to hide the details on all of them, two of them hiccup and I get the "Can't shift objects off sheet" for these two. I have cleared all the outlines and reentered them and am still getting the error. Any ideas? maybe this'll help: XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 Bettergains wrote: > > Hello: > I have created about 13 outline groups in columns. When I try to hide the > details on all of t...

Text fields in report writer
I have a modified report dictionary, when I go into a report layout and enter a text field, when I tab off the field what I wrote is converted to something totally different. Has anyone seen this before? Reports that I have been using for months suddenly the text fields print something totally different. ????? Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you! Hi J. We use a shared dictionary located on our server, and I find text fields do not "travel" well - ie. I often lose info if I export a report out of the dictionary to work on it. What I do is make a copy of the enti...

shift bid scheduling
Hello all, I posted this question last week but now I can't find it so forgive me if you have seen it. I work for a police department and am trying to figure out a cleaner way to schedule our shifts. Basically we have 6 shifts two days, afternoons and graves. The year is split into three sections. Each officer is given their preference on what shift they want to work for each of the sections based on seniority. there are a couple of stipulations. Each officer can't work the same shift two sections in a row, SWAT personel need to be distributed evenly between the shifts. ...

Getting Tab Text
Hi, I have a Tab Control with Tabs. I'm trying to get the Tab Text. I can get the tab and set the text no problem. But, when I try to read the text, pszText is alway's a <Bad Ptr> If I immediately get the Item after I set the Item, It shows the Text. //Initially setting Tab Text. TCITEM tcItem; tcItem.mask = TCIF_TEXT; tcItem.pszText = String.GetBuffer(); String.ReleaseBuffer(); //I don't think this matters. It fails both with and without. c_TabCtrl.InsertItem(c_TabCtrl.GetItemCount(), &tcItem); //Trying to get Tab Text TCITEM tcItem; tcItem.mask = TCI...

When grouping, what causes the error "Cannot shift objects off the sheet"
I am from the MS Excel support department at http://www.enterpriseprojectconsulting.com and we would be happy to assist you in resolving your issue Thank you Enterprise Project Consultin Shifting off the sheet refers to moving beyond the boundaries of the spreadsheet. You may be using a macro to group. >-----Original Message----- > >. > Since grouping involves hiding columns, the following MSKB article may help: XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=211769 Also, Dave Peterson posted this a...

Comment boxes #3
As far as I can tell, this cannot be done, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask...Can a comment box be "assigned" to more than one cell? Thanks. -- Michael J. Malinsky Pittsburgh, PA "I am a bear of very little brain, and long words bother me." -- AA Milne, Winne the Pooh I didn't follow your question. Can you provide an example ----- Michael Malinsky wrote: ---- As far as I can tell, this cannot be done, but I figured it couldn't hurt t ask...Can a comment box be "assigned" to more than one cell Thanks ...

Text Box Calculation Formula
SpreadCred InsideSpread LeftMain RightMain I have a text box (SpreadCred) that needs to be calculated/populated by a combination of factors. 1. SpreadCred should populate off of the text box - InsideSpread. 2. The value in SpreadCred can not be greater than text box - RightMain nor text box - LeftMain. If it is bigger than either number, it will max out at the larger of the two. Thanks for your time. How this is done depends a little on whether the value will respond to user input or to previously-entered data. This could be done with a nested IIf, but is really a ...

trying to insert a 0 in front of zipcode
Hello, I do not use excel at all so i have no clue! I have a list of daycares that i want to create mailing labels with...about 700 of them but the problem is my zipcode column there needs to be a zero in front of all 700 zipcodes how to i insert a zero in front of them without having to type it into each box? the other question is can i print labels directly from excel or do i have to go thru ms word? thanks Greg One of these 1) format the cells with custom format 00000 2) format the cells with Special / Zip Codes 3) format the cells as Text 4) begin all zip codes with an sin...

Combo Box Losing Settings
I have a combo box on a chart, the input range for which is controlled by a VBA macro using ListFillRange and a named range. Whilst the book is open all is fine, but whenever I save and close it the combo box loses its settings and when the book is re-opened it returns a blank box with no input range. Currently using XP and I'm sure I didn't encounter the same issue in 2000. Ian ...

Try or TRY
Hello, Will there be any opitmization or ... when we use INT or TRY macros instead of int or try ? Which one is better to be used? Thanks, JSmith "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23G1sOVdoEHA.692@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > > Will there be any opitmization or ... when we use INT or TRY macros instead > of int or try ? Which one is better to be used? http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_exceptions.3a_.converting_from_mfc_exception_macros.asp -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] FYI, TRY ...

Plain text message = sideways vertically printing
When I receive an email internally that is in plain text and then print it, the email contents are printed sideways and vertically (think the matrix). The odd thing is, the email header is printing fine. This only occurs when the message is plain text. Printer is a network HP 8150 which others print to and have no problems. Outlook removed and reinstalled and user's outlook profile deleted and reconfigured. Thanks, -- --------------------------------- --- -- - Posted with NewsLeecher v3.5 Beta 8 Web @ http://www.newsleecher.com/?usenet ------------------- ----- ---- -- - ...

transform text field to a formulated SQL sentence
Hi all, i'm trying to build a table that will consist of SQL sentences that will a generic use for a query, is it posible to transfor the text field to SQL sentence without using VBA or ADO object? ...