Tractor Fed Labels in Access 2002 on Okidata ML591

I am trying to print Model Name, technical data, and serial number on one
label for each unit we produce.  We do about 200 per day.

The Tools: Access 2002 and Okidata Microline 591.

I create a table with the data, and one row for each label I want to print.
The serial numbers are the only difference in each row.

I created a Report in Access with the LABEL Wizard and defined all the
parameters.

I Load the label roll into the Okidata ML591 and begin to print.  After 6
labels it skips 1.25 inches, throws off all the alignment onto the Custom
Printed Label Stock and now I have to stop; reset the printer, and start
again.

I think I’ve figured out that the 1.25 inches is a combination of two
factors; 1) the standard space between the last line on the previous label,
and the first line of the next label which happens to be 0.625 inches, and 2)
the Top Margin of the Report.

I tried to set the top margin to zero (0) with Printer.TopMargin = 0 in an
event but then I still get the 0.625 automatic feed and I still loose my
indexing.

I’ve set the printer to Skip Perforation = NO and I still get it.  I’ve tried
setting up a special length page in the printer with LPRINT CHR$(27);G;28 but
apparently my translation to AccessVB is not good:

Open “LPT1” for output as #1
Print #1, Chr$(27);G;99 (it makes it 44.5 inches long)
Close #1

But I don’t get the page length so I don’t know if that idea would work.

We are in production, and the production foreman is typing the labels on a
manual typewriter (yes, they still make those). The label is a special
material (Aluminum) that is very good in Acid and High Temperature
environments, so I can’t go to any other printer but the Impact printer.

Does anyone have a clue how I can get around this?  I was able to print
directly to the printer, but then the spacing is all fouled up (all I know
how to do right now is do full line spacing and the label has some odd
spacing).

Signed: Frustrated in KC on St Patrick’s Day

Pampas58

0
Pampas58

Remote Laptop Users cannot access Exchange using Outlook
Greetings, I have a plaguing situation that is occurring and I have run to the end of my options, I think? First I will lay out the situation and then the troubleshooting steps that have been taken. Situation: I have two users, both on High speed access lines, both using Office XP SP1, and working from Windows 2000 SP4. Server is Windows 2000 SP4 with Exchange 2000 Post-SP3 Security Rollup. SP4 was installed during the height of the Blaster Worm virus last week, as well as a myriad of patches including the RPC vulnerability. About a day after the patch and SP4 were installed, connectivit...

convert access databases to excel
I have lots of databases on Access, I need to change them as our new system will not support access, someone said its easy to convert them yo excel and excel can do everything access can...personally I'm not convinced, can anyone help? It all depends what your current databases are doing. You can transfer the data from Access to Excel without too many problems (either open the table and then use File | Save As/Export... from the menu, or use the TransferSpreadsheet action in a macro, or method in VBA code). However, your Access forms and reports won't work in Excel: you'll ...

Labels in a toolbar
Hi, There is a toolbar of the class: ToolbarWindow32 that I have a handle to. There are no buttons on it, but there are labels on two rows, is there a way I can retrieve the label texts? Thanks, Ickis ...

Can't create address labels with an image / graphic
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am using MS Word for MAC - version 2008 and can't for the life of me create a page of labels with a graphic. <br><br>The old 2004 version worked beautifully. I could pull up a blank template (ex. 5160), group the graphic and text box in one cell, then select &quot;Tools -> Labels&quot; and that would create an entire page of that design. I got the 08 version, and now I can't do a thing. That process just gets me another blank template. <br><br>Not sure how many people...

Problem with Access 2007
Hola a todos. Vereis he instalado access 2007, y me encuentro con un problema serio. Y es que mis bases de datos funcionan mas o menos decente, pero cuando quiero modificar el dise�o de ellas tengo problemas. No me permite Agregar campos, ni tampoco la hoja de propiedades, y no entiendo el por que. Le he estado dando muchas vueltas, y no encuentro la solucion. Alguien me puede decir el porque. Lo he probado con base de datos nueva, con versiones de base de datos del 2003, 2007 y siempre me hace lo mismo. Cuando le das a la hoja de propiedades, no hace nada, en vez de mostrarlo a la derecha...

mail merge label question
Hello, I created a page by going into Mailing / Labels / Options and creating a new label for landscape letter size paper and having 4 equally divided regions for making postcards. I then clicked on the new document button and formatted each postcard the way I wanted it, starting off with the word "Dear" and followed by the rest of what I wanted to appear. How can I add a mail merge field after the word "Dear" so that I get a different name filled in for each of the 4 postcards on the page (each of the 4 have different clip arts inserted. I would actually have a...

How can I create custom page size for tractor-feed forms? (2007)
I have created a report to print out information for book acquisition at our library but cannot change the page size to a custom size for the tractor-feed forms. I am using Access 2007. Any ideas? Jhall@myglnc.com "RunningRonnie" <RunningRonnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:553F4C4B-AF9E-4911-8385-2D6D9DA8B683@microsoft.com... >I have created a report to print out information for book acquisition at >our > library but cannot change the page size to a custom size for the > tractor-feed > forms. I am using Access 2007. Any ideas? ...

How do I change the default labels to match Avery label blanks?
I am attempting to use Avery business card templates but publisher will not allow me to create appropriate sizes and numbers of labels. Each page is 1x4 and the label template is 2x5 labels per page. Avery template 27881. Any suggestions? I can't understand your measurements. What is the size of one card? If it is the standard 3 x 2.5 then setup your page as a business card. Click "change copies per sheet", set the top to .5 and the side to ..75, the gaps to zero. If you have Publisher 2000 or below, in page setup, special size, business card. When you have finished your...

Accessing my work email
I would like to be able to have all my emails in my outlook, home and work, but i dont know how to get it to do that can anyone help? Ask your work admins what kind of mail system they use in the office and how they permit remote access to it. Stevye03 wrote: > I would like to be able to have all my emails in my outlook, home and > work, but i dont know how to get it to do that can anyone help? >I would like to be able to have all my emails in my outlook, home and work, >but i dont know how to get it to do that can anyone help? If you have a local PST file on either the home ...

Fed Tax refund
What category should I assign a Federal Tax refund? State and Local has one set up in income but I'm not sure where to apply the federal one. Thanks See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q102. "Rich" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fd5401c3f351$a5a943e0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > What category should I assign a Federal Tax refund? State > and Local has one set up in income but I'm not sure where > to apply the federal one. > > Thanks ...

Inserting a picture on a label
I am trying to insert a picture on a name badge label and when I insert it it does not show up. I can insert into other publications but not a label. What is up with that? Do you have detailed display enabled? View, pictures... If you do read the third FAQ here http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "stew" <stew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23E0A05E-EBBE-4E0C-8B1E-A966EE185107@microsoft.com... >I am trying to insert a picture on a name ...

Access 2000:Print settings keep changing
I have created reports and saved the margins and column settings. But, I always get a call from co-workers stating these settings are messed up. These settings will be great for a number of days, and then they get changed. I have often wondered if one of the users is doing an "oops" and resetting those certain reports back to default, or is there a bug that might be causing this? This is a small office and I really don't think this is a malicious event. On Tue, 8 May 2007 20:44:01 -0700, ctuck61 wrote: > I have created reports and saved the margins and column setti...

Can't move PST file from 2003 to 2002
Does anyone know if PST files are compatible between a computer with Outlook 2003 and a computer with Outlook 2002? I need a way to have access to calendar and contacts from either machine. I do not care if both files are synchronized or not, just need to have them both available. Would a program like Synchpst be the best solution or would that even work? So far I just get an error when I try to transfer the PST file into the 2002 computer. The error happens after trying Synchpst or just normal transfer using a pin drive. Anyone have a good site for finding information on how to wo...

Avery Label 8873
I purchased labels 8873 which say to use template 8371. Neither of these choices are on publisher software. What do I do to make these labels work? Many Avery labels share the same dimensions with other labels. The 8873 labels are the same as Avery 8869-8874, 8876, 8878, and 8879. The differences lie in the paper, color, and/or quantity in a package. Whenever I want to make a label and can't find the number on first attempt, I go to the Avery site and look to see the other labels that are the same size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Ron" <Ron@discus...

I can't change the label in legend
I'm trying to modify a legend in a project that was designed by someone else. Next to each colored box, there's a label which I need to change. I've tried everything I can think of, the last of which was highlighting my pie chart and right clicking. I chose "Source Data" and clicked on "values". I thought that if I could change it in that cell it would automatically update my legend. When I highlighted the cell, it showed marching ants and would not let me do anything to it. I'm very new to this. Please tell me in as simple a way as possible! Thank...

Discover who has viewed/accessed Public Folders
I have just been made aware that since an exchange migration, default and anonymous had basic access rights to a restricted folder. Is there any way of discovering who has accessed these folders? Many thanks in advance for any assistance! "spastemizer" <spastemizer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have just been made aware that since an exchange migration, default and >anonymous had basic access rights to a restricted folder. > >Is there any way of discovering who has accessed these folders? Not that I know of. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP...

Access Level
What is the difference between "User Account Create" and "Business Unit Account Create" access levels? Regards, FAF ...

Excel To Access: Transfer multiple rows from excel at the same tim
Hi All, How can I transfer a Bock of data to Access from excel by clicking a "Submit" button? eg: I have designed a "Submit" button on the excel sheet that exports all of the student data into access, but data is populated in a single row...AND I want to insert all this data in access in seperate rows. Here is what My excel table looks like: Student_ID Subjects Grades 123456 Eng A 123456 Hist B 123456 Math B+ 123456 Bio B- So, once we click "Submit" I want the dat...

labels
I want to make labels from the excel program on a continuous dot matrix label. Either through excel or word. ...

Access ADP and SQL Server 2005 Express
Hi all,I have a DB sitting on SQL S 2005 Express and can create a new Accessproject adp to connect to that db but I can not create any otherobjects such as tables, views, procedures or database diagrams on theaccess project which is connected to the db on SQL server 2005Express. I have tried with sever new dbs and projects but get the sameerror message which is below here:***********This version of MS Office Access doesn't support design changes withthe version of MS SQL Serveryour access project is connected to. See MS Office Update Website forthe latest information anddownloads (on the H...

Axis Labels in Excel 2007
Hello, Don't know what I've done wrong, but the primary axis labels for one of my charts is sitting right beside the secondary axis labels and I can't get them to move back over to the other side! Please help. Not sure exactly what you mean, but if you select and right click on the labels, it gives you a menu of options where you can pick "Format Legend" and then you have top, bottom, left, right and a few others that you can try to move them. (This is in Excel 2007, I would imagine it's similar in others) You can also just select the labels and drag them around t...

How do I print Jukebox title cards in MS Access?
Any suggestions on how to print Jukebox title cards in MS Access. There are 4 cards per sheet. The width for each card is 4.375 inches. There may be 7 to 30 titles on a card. I tried using the Label page setup but I couldnt control the print for each card. HELP please. Wanetta Answered in another newsgroup. PC Datasheet Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com "Wanetta MemberForm" <WanettaMemberForm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0ED4F6DC-AF21-4FFC-A900-C8D5168DDB32@microsoft.com.....

Geting around earthlink smtp access?
I have several clients using earthlink for remote pop access. Has anyone found a way short of setting up VPN access to let them send e-mails to other SMTP servers? Will IMAP work instead? boe wrote: > I have several clients using earthlink for remote pop access. Has > anyone found a way short of setting up VPN access to let them send > e-mails to other SMTP servers? > > Will IMAP work instead? IMAP is inbound, so it isn't relevant. What's the problem with the users using the Earthlink servers? Can't they authenticate to them? Earthlink doesn't allow ...

Publisher 2002 SP3 vs Publisher 2002
I have Publisher 2002 SP3 yet when I receive an e-mail in Publisher 2002 I am unable to open it. Any suggestions as to what's wrong? What error message are you getting? -- JoAnn Paules - MVP Microsoft Publisher "Gloria" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88F0E77C-F777-4D41-B4DD-D1DC44981F53@microsoft.com... > I have Publisher 2002 SP3 yet when I receive an e-mail in Publisher 2002 I am unable to open it. Any suggestions as to what's wrong? ...

Calendar Color Labels Resetting
I have a user who is using Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2003. They are using a public folder calendar and have changed the labels for the colors. They seem to stick on new events/appointments but after 2-4 new appointments, they revert back to Outlook's defaults. Any idea what might be causing this? Also, since it is a public calendar, is there anyway for one person to set up the labels and have the remaining users see the updated labels? I assume it is user/machine specific but it sure would be nice to set it up ahead of time. Thanks very much in advance. -dave ...