Totaling Sums for Price and COMM

I am trying to find a way to total Sums for two Fields, Price and COMM.

This must be an easy fix, just haven’t done this in a while and I think I
forgot a step.

In my Report, I have the following:
Page Header, I have TDATE (for TradeDate), CUST (for Customer), B/S
(Buy/Sell), C/P (for Call/Put), Quantity, Symbol, Price, and COMM.

In CUST Header, I have CUST

In Detail, I have TDATE, CUST, B/S, C/P, Quantity, Symbol, Price, and COMM.

In TDATE Footer, I have =Sum([Quantity]), =Sum([Price]) =Sum([COMM])

Now, I’m trying to figure out how to sum those last two values; Sum all
[Price] and Sum all [COMM].  I suspect I have to add another footer, but I’m
not sure where to do this, or at what level.  I’ve tried a few different
things and haven’t had any success yet.

I’d appreciate any insight!

Thanks,
Ryan--

--
Ryan---

Ryan,
It sounds like you want to add a REPORT footer (on the menu, click View,
  Report Header/Footer). Then you can add your fields for the totals for
the entire report.
Hope that helps,
Darrell

ryguy7272 wrote:
> I am trying to find a way to total Sums for two Fields, Price and COMM.
>
> This must be an easy fix, just haven’t done this in a while and I think I
> forgot a step.
>
> In my Report, I have the following:
> Page Header, I have TDATE (for TradeDate), CUST (for Customer), B/S
> (Buy/Sell), C/P (for Call/Put), Quantity, Symbol, Price, and COMM.
>
> In CUST Header, I have CUST
>
> In Detail, I have TDATE, CUST, B/S, C/P, Quantity, Symbol, Price, and COMM.
>
> In TDATE Footer, I have =Sum([Quantity]), =Sum([Price]) =Sum([COMM])
>
> Now, I’m trying to figure out how to sum those last two values; Sum all
> [Price] and Sum all [COMM].  I suspect I have to add another footer, but I’m
> not sure where to do this, or at what level.  I’ve tried a few different
> things and haven’t had any success yet.
>
> I’d appreciate any insight!
>
> Thanks,
> Ryan--

0
Darrell
1/29/2010 7:16:39 PM
ryguy7272 wrote:

>I am trying to find a way to total Sums for two Fields, Price and COMM.
>
>This must be an easy fix, just haven�t done this in a while and I think I
>forgot a step.
>
>In my Report, I have the following:
>Page Header, I have TDATE (for TradeDate), CUST (for Customer), B/S
>(Buy/Sell), C/P (for Call/Put), Quantity, Symbol, Price, and COMM.
>
>In CUST Header, I have CUST
>
>In Detail, I have TDATE, CUST, B/S, C/P, Quantity, Symbol, Price, and COMM.
>
>In TDATE Footer, I have =Sum([Quantity]), =Sum([Price]) =Sum([COMM])
>
>Now, I�m trying to figure out how to sum those last two values; Sum all
>[Price] and Sum all [COMM].  I suspect I have to add another footer, but I�m
>not sure where to do this, or at what level.  I�ve tried a few different
>things and haven�t had any success yet.

I think you want to use the same expressions in the Report
Header/Footer

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

--
Ryan---

"Marshall Barton" wrote:

> ryguy7272 wrote:
>
> >I am trying to find a way to total Sums for two Fields, Price and COMM.
> >
> >This must be an easy fix, just haven’t done this in a while and I think I
> >forgot a step.
> >
> >In my Report, I have the following:
> >Page Header, I have TDATE (for TradeDate), CUST (for Customer), B/S
> >(Buy/Sell), C/P (for Call/Put), Quantity, Symbol, Price, and COMM.
> >
> >In CUST Header, I have CUST
> >
> >In Detail, I have TDATE, CUST, B/S, C/P, Quantity, Symbol, Price, and COMM.
> >
> >In TDATE Footer, I have =Sum([Quantity]), =Sum([Price]) =Sum([COMM])
> >
> >Now, I’m trying to figure out how to sum those last two values; Sum all
> >[Price] and Sum all [COMM].  I suspect I have to add another footer, but I’m
> >not sure where to do this, or at what level.  I’ve tried a few different
> >things and haven’t had any success yet.
>

> I think you want to use the same expressions in the Report
> Header/Footer
>
> --
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]
> .

Sum of Records against a boolean
I need to sum the total of records which are yes or no. Fields [AmountToBeCollected] is currency [Recoverable] is a boolean I want to sum [AmountToBeCollected] where [Recoverable] is 0. Currently I'm using an unbound text box, but I'm not sure if I should set it up as a part of my query. Ericc Try setting the ControlSource of the text box to =DSum("AmountToBeCollected", "NameOfTable", "Recoverable = 0") -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "EriccW" <EriccW@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

An XML question

Default Price Lists
Hi Does ayone have advise on what the best practice is with regards to creating a default price list in a situation where all pricing will be user provided? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or advice. Many Thanks I need to do the same thing. It's driving me nuts trying to get around it! If anyone can help, that'd be great. Mark Braithwaite wrote: > Hi > > Does ayone have advise on what the best practice is with regards to creating > a default price list in a situation where all pricing will be user provided? > > I would greatly appreciate any suggesti...

Totals on Sales Inquiry native windows
We would like to have the totals on the Sales Inquiries: Transaction by Customer Transaction by Document Sales Documents Sales Items Today we can retrieve this information in separated inquiries and reports, be we would like to heve a easier way to see this totals... The same suggest can be applied to Smartlist. If possible, you can create a tool to sum a field after you make a filter I created a screen where you can see all sales, separated by day of week, and week of year, and totals YTD,MTD and WTD, but I am not able to have the same information grouped by item number, for example.....

Sum Across Tabs
Trying to sum col. C on all the tabs. Can do the =sum(c:c) on ONE tab. but trying to get all 12 added is mystery. Tried holding down shift key from first to last and it did not work. What, pray tell, am I doing wrong.. Starting to get to me now.. =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet12!C:C) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 10:25:05 -0500, "JLMcCabes" <JLMcCabes@cfl.rr.com> wrote: >Trying to sum col. C on all the tabs. Can do the =sum(c:c) on ONE tab. >but trying to get all 12 added is mystery. Tried holding down shift key >from first to l...

Setting ID# to 1 & Total on bottom of query result
Hi, I have 2 separate questions. First how do I set the ID# to 1 for the first record. I copied my whole database including queries and forms which were 2009 records and changed the titles to 2010. I did a "compact and repair" to the 2010 database. But when I start to enter records for 2010 the ID# is 2550. How can I reset the ID# back to start at 1? On many of my queries I have the results be for example 28 Caucation, 43 African American, 65 Hispanic, 4 Asian, 2 Native American. I need these numbers separate like they are but I would like a total line at the bottom...

macro
I have several columns in an income sheet. One column has a sum at the bottom. I want to be able to run a simple macro that will copy the last row of formatted cells, just above the sum total, and insert it as a new row just above the sum total so another line of data can be input. But I want the sum total to sum also the newly inserted row. Presently I can't figure out how to do it. Example A B C 1 24 Oct Dollars In $100 2 25 Oct Dollars out $25 3 Total ...

total cost on report
I have areport with a cost field that I would like to total that collum at the end of the report. How do I do this ? do I need to create another field (total) please help thanks, jettro Jettron wrote: >I have areport with a cost field that I would like to total that collum at >the end of the report. How do I do this ? do I need to create another field >(total) The usual way is to use a text box with an expression like: =Sum([cost field]) -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] I'm in design view of the report, where do I insert this expression? I clicked on page footer to insert thi...

Summing random days of the month
I have a workbook with 32 sheets, 1 &#8211; 31 and a SUM tab. On the sum tab I would like to calculate how many times a sequence of numbers (ex. 1102, 1235, etc) appears, however, I do not necessarily want to count it each day of the month, so on the sum take I have a column for start date and end date. How do I create a formula that references the start and end days, then sum every time that 1102 appears on those days / tabs? Here's an example of how my Sum tab looks: Unit # Start Date End Date SUM 1102 1 15 1235 5 10 1511 2 22 Thank you....

Finding Cells that Total a Value
Hello Friends, I need some assistance in solving a problem. I have a spreadsheet with over five hundred lines of transactions. The sum of these transactions are creating a balance on the account. Is there any formula/macro that will help me find the transactions creating the balance? The sum of the account should be zero. To clarify, if we owe client money, there would be a transaction setting up that postive balance then a payment on the account taking it back to zero. There could be multiple transactions and then one net payment. Or we could be due to receive. So at the end of the day, th...

Total Items
Hi - Is there a way to get a total number of items that are about to be tendered, on the POS screen ? Thanks. You can customize the status.htm file. Not sure exactly what the variable is that you want, but I know it cn be done. "NJS" <NJS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:538F3CC7-F23D-43C7-8A5A-4319B8688E5B@microsoft.com... > Hi - > Is there a way to get a total number of items that are about to be > tendered, > on the POS screen ? > Thanks. Jason, Send me your email I have already customized this and will forward you. "Jason&qu...

Products in Price List
Hi After you select a Price List in Opportunity (or in Order or Quote or Invoice) when you want to select a product, a list of all products is shown to you, even if the products are not in your selected price list. Is it possible to restrict the selectable products only to the the products which are in the price list? Thanks, Sarah Hi Sarah, I have the same problem. I don't want to see all products after I select price list but only those on the price list. If someone has a clue if this is possible and how please let me know. Regards, M "Sarah" wrote: > Hi >...

Total of Totals
Hey there, I've set up a database consisting of four tables. I run a query which calculates a total for the item (unit price * quantity). Is it possible to calculate the final total of all this for a report? If that's possible, how can I get it to be at the bottom of all the records but only on the last page? Thanks Mathew On Aug 1, 12:48 am, KARL DEWEY <KARLDE...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Yes. > Open the form in design view, click on menu VIEW - Report Header/Footer a= nd > add a text box in the footer with Control Source =3D[unit price] * > [quantit...

Manipulating totals and columns in Pivot Tables
Hi, I'm constructing a pivot table that has investors as columns, investments as rows, and the general data is values. Trouble is there is a column which I want to only display half of each value. I know that I can make a formula that divides a column "column A/2", and then hide the unwanted columns. But I would also like the hidden columns to not be included in the grand totals. How do I make this happen? Thanks! Hi, So let me understand what you want, something like this in the Pivot Table: A B C Name Jp ...

http://www.yesverygood.com/, located in China, are specialized in the wholesaling and distributing of varies of DVD, VCD, MOVIE, TV SHOW, etc with high quality and competitive price
http://www.yesverygood.com/, located in China, are specialized in the wholesaling and distributing of varies of DVD, VCD, MOVIE, TV SHOW, etc with high quality and competitive price Dear Sir or Madam. 1.What we are: We, http://www.yesverygood.com/, located in China, are specialized in the wholesaling and distributing of varies of DVD, VCD, MOVIE, TV SHOW, etc with high quality and competitive price. 4. Our Products: Nearly all the popular titles are available in our store, recently we have Sopranos, Stargate, Star trek, Star War, CSI,Baby Einstein, La Femme Nikita,007,West Wing, Friends, Sex ...

Pole display Sub Total
Hi All, When a client of mine scans items the amount displaying is the sub total. Is there any way to display the total (ie including tax amount) Regards Amanda ...

Summing a years worth of data
Hi If data is entered every month in one tab. How would i then sum thi data by year into another tab? if necessary i dont want to kee changing the formula from year to year eg Col A Col B Jan 04 20 Feb 04 25 Then another tab that sums data by year eg col A Col -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if column A on your second sheet contains the year try the following in B1 =SUMPRODUCT(--(YEAR('sheet1'!A1:A1000)=A1),'sheet1'!B1:B1000) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "david72 >" <<david72.149hr...

Set Price Level A, B, C
What is the path to originally setting up price levels A, B and C? I found it once, but haven't been able to find it again. Are you talking about the Inventory Wizard or just setting them manually for each item? SO Manager --> Wizards --> Inventory Wizard --> Task 110: Change Item Prices SO Manager --> Database menu --> Items --> Properties --> Pricing tab Rob "360" <360@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46C8AD8A-71EE-4034-B2E5-D161ADDEEE83@microsoft.com... > What is the path to originally setting up price levels A, B and C? I ...

how do I get a total for all worksheets in my workbook?
I have ten worksheets, each with a total. How do I get a total of all totals? Considering you have 3 sheets, and the totals are in cell A1, then use: =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet3!A1) Mangesh "Aileen Hewat" <AileenHewat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18C80118-642F-4690-8B5E-7D68B63752E3@microsoft.com... > I have ten worksheets, each with a total. How do I get a total of all totals? This file might be a help: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/consol.zip It's in the "Accountants" section on page: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/exa...

Calculate Total Books
I am preparing packing slips for boxes to be sent out. There are different book orders going into the same box. Each book in the order will have its own set of id numbers that are usually, but not always, in a string(101-121 etc). I use a calculated field on the form to display the number of books in the string as I store the start book number and subract it from the end book number and add 1 to get the actual number of books in the string. I use the same calculated field on the report to show the number of books in each detial, but I have multiple strings in 1 box. I need to show a...

Sums
Trying to sum all F13 cells on multiple worksheets where H13 is >0 Tried =IF('Store # 85:[Store # (35)]Store # (35)'!H13>0,SUM('Store # 85:[Store # (35)]Store # (35)'!F13)) and getting a #REF error One way, put all the sheet names (not just first and last) in a range, then define a name like MyLst or use the range itself =SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("'"&MyLst&"'!H13"),">0",INDIRECT("'"&MyLst&"'!F13"))) if the sheet names are in Z1:Z20 you can select that range and type in a name in th...

Conditional Sum Wizard?
I am using the conditional sum to wizard to sum contributions based on 2 to 3 criteria. But, I have 6800 members each with 12 columns to sum....the formula doesn't seem to work when I copy and past and change the values as necessary....Can someone help me? I don't have time to go through the wizard one by one? Thanks so much! hi Tabby, Can you post some data and your formula? Since we aren't looking at your spreadsheet, it's hard for us to troubleshoot "doesn't seem to work" without more information! :) Katherine "Tabby" <anonymous@discuss...

Price updates not working
Hello all: I cannot get price updating to work for my Portfolio on MSN MoneyCentral today. I use this portfolio every day and have never seen this before unless the market is down or it is a weekend (when, of course, the market is not open). I know the market is open today , but I am getting no updates on the Dow Industrials or S&P index either. I don't see any messages on this subject in this newsgroup or others I have checked, so I am beginning to suspect it is something wrong with my specific computer. I have rebooted and checked other things but this does not help. Are any of y...

Totaling Hours Worked
I have one column that has my start time (6:30 AM) and one column that has my end time (3:30 PM). How do I make the third column total the hours I worked (9.00)? Thanks for any help. Debra Ann (EndTime - StartTime)* 24 To Excel, a day = 1 and an hour = 1/24 so, to convert an hour value "up" to an integer, multiply by 24. Hope this helps, -- George Nicholson Remove 'Junk' from return address. "Debra Ann" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:022801c3d6d5$39f8a340$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have one column that has my start time ...

Count and Sum and Summarize
Item # PO # # of Action Date QTY remaining Boxes X4A341SB 9962 1 Out 4/16/2003 43 X4A341SB 9964 2 Out 4/16/2003 42 X4A341SB 9965 55 in 4/16/2003 41 X4A341SB 9967 6 Out 4/16/2003 40 89121 10001 1 Out 4/25/2003 19 BBK57911 10001 1 Out 4/25/2003 -42 CBK38161 10001 1 Out 4/25/2003 23 BBK33904 10001 2 Out 4/25/2003 -1 CBK48181 10001 6 in 4/25/2003 6 ABK03915 10001 8 in 4/25/2003 6 CBK03100 10008 1 Out 4/29/2003 49 CBK30000 10008 33 Out 4/29/2003 49 AB3L1011 10013 8 Out 4/29/2003 129 AB3L1011 10014 7 Out 4/29/2003 128 B48266 10015 4 Out 4/29/2003 32 B...