Total from SubReport Data But Not in SubReport

Hello,

This is probably pretty simple, but I have created a report where the main
display is a subreport of items ordered by the customer order and price. I
would like to total the prices in the main report, but not from a total on
the subreport.  The price field is called Expr5.

I have tried =Sum([Expr5]), but this gives and #Error

I can't figure out what you are asking. If you don't want the total from the
subreport, what do you want? Values displayed in a report must come from
somewhere. "Expr5" means nothing to any of us other than you haven't taken
the time to properly name a column or some other object in your database.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Novice2000" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This is probably pretty simple, but I have created a report where the main
> display is a subreport of items ordered by the customer order and price. I
> would like to total the prices in the main report, but not from a total on
> the subreport.  The price field is called Expr5.
>
> I have tried =Sum([Expr5]), but this gives and #Error
Yes, I want the total from the subreport, but I don't want to total it in the
subreport but at the bottom of the main report. I have renamed the field:

I have tried =Sum([Price_Unit]), but this gives and #Error

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> I can't figure out what you are asking. If you don't want the total from the
> subreport, what do you want? Values displayed in a report must come from
> somewhere. "Expr5" means nothing to any of us other than you haven't taken
> the time to properly name a column or some other object in your database.
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
> If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP
> http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm
>

> "Novice2000" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > This is probably pretty simple, but I have created a report where the main
> > display is a subreport of items ordered by the customer order and price. I
> > would like to total the prices in the main report, but not from a total on
> > the subreport.  The price field is called Expr5.
> >
> > I have tried =Sum([Expr5]), but this gives and #Error
Total the value in the subreport. You can hide it if you want. Then reference
the subreport total text box in your main report.

--

"Novice2000" wrote:

> Yes, I want the total from the subreport, but I don't want to total it in the
> subreport but at the bottom of the main report. I have renamed the field:
>
> I have tried =Sum([Price_Unit]), but this gives and #Error
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > I can't figure out what you are asking. If you don't want the total from the
> > subreport, what do you want? Values displayed in a report must come from
> > somewhere. "Expr5" means nothing to any of us other than you haven't taken
> > the time to properly name a column or some other object in your database.
> >
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> > If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP
> > http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm
> >

> > "Novice2000" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > This is probably pretty simple, but I have created a report where the main
> > > display is a subreport of items ordered by the customer order and price. I
> > > would like to total the prices in the main report, but not from a total on
> > > the subreport.  The price field is called Expr5.
> > >
> > > I have tried =Sum([Expr5]), but this gives and #Error
I gave you a yes this was helpful, but I am right where I started except that
I had to put up with insults.

I could have named this anything and it wouldn't have mattered to our
discussion. I could have named it =Sum([Duane_Hookums]). And, I think it was
pretty clear what I was asking. You must be having a bad day, but there is no
need to share it. I came here for help not insults.

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> Total the value in the subreport. You can hide it if you want. Then reference
> the subreport total text box in your main report.
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
> If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP
> http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm
>

> "Novice2000" wrote:
>
> > Yes, I want the total from the subreport, but I don't want to total it in the
> > subreport but at the bottom of the main report. I have renamed the field:
> >
> > I have tried =Sum([Price_Unit]), but this gives and #Error
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > I can't figure out what you are asking. If you don't want the total from the
> > > subreport, what do you want? Values displayed in a report must come from
> > > somewhere. "Expr5" means nothing to any of us other than you haven't taken
> > > the time to properly name a column or some other object in your database.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP
> > > If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP
> > > http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm

GetRows binding error. Probably caused by data mismatch
I am getting the above error. I know what it is but I am not sure why I am getting it. In a class that I have, I want to retrieve all the distinct values from a field in an access table. so here is my code. CDistinctValuesRS rs(m_pDoc->m_pDB); CString string; string.Format(_T("Select distinct [%s] from Artists"), m_strField); rs.SetFieldName(m_strField); int x = GetFieldType(m_strField); rs.SetFieldType(x); rs.Open(dbOpenSnapshot,string); In the recordset that I have created, I created two data fields CString m_strFieldName; int m_nFieldType; and here is my DoFieldExc...

Counting in subreports and showing on main report
I have a main report, rptEmployees. The sub is subrptEmployeeDegrees. They have different queries and are linked by txtParticipantId. I counted the employees [txtEmployees] on the main report footer (223). I counted the number of degrees [txtDegrees] in the subreport (120) footer but I need the subreport value to be on the main report so I can divide it by the employee count. I tried a text box[txtDegreeCount] in the detail section of the main report with the Running Sum Property set to Over All and the following. =[subrptEmployeeDegrees].[Report].[txtDegrees] I get a zero and the ...

howto copy only newer OrderID data(and the other fields) from one table to another table
howto copy only newer OrderID data(and the other fields) from one table to another table So the new table is updated only with the new OrderID and the OrderID's already copyied earlier are not also added everytime. i use the append query i think and need certainly some criteria (filters)? Can somebody help me out, please? Thank you! Bart Bartus - The criteria you need (assuming OrderID is the key field) will be something like this (use your table names): = Not Exists (SELECT 'X' from [newTableName] where [newTableName].OrderID = [oldTableName].OrderID) If...

Sorting PivotChart data
Hi, In excel 2007 I want to sort data in the chart I made from pivot. I want them to be sort in descending order. The reason is, I need bar Pivotchart diagram to use as Pareto chart. I'm also using this new function in excel 2007 , "drill-down" or "drop-down" to multiple levels/layers in PivotChart. I want also those sub-level data to be arranged in descending order. I'm doing stratification(sequence of Paretos) of data in my plant so I need it desperately. It would make my life easier. Thanks in advance, Slobodan ...

Creating scatter chart with data point labels
I have categorized jobs on a scale of 1-10 for Ease of Implementation (1=hard, 10=easy) and 1-10 for Value Returned. I want to plot these so the easy, high value jobs appear in the upper-right quadrant, hard, low-value jobs in the lower left, etc. Data might look like: Task Ease Value Job1 10 10 Job2 1 1 Job3 3 9 Job4 6 2 The result would have job1 in the upper right corner (very easy, very high value), job2 in the lower left corner (not at all easy, very little value), job 3 middle of upper- left quadrant (not very easy but high value), etc. I can create a scatter chart just using t...

Creating single lines of data from a multi-column table
Hi folks. I have a client who wants us to import data held as a grid in Excel into our software as a csv file. The data is held as follows: Job No Prod A Prod B Prod C 1234 6 7 1987 12 1545 12 2 etc To work correctly the csv file needs to create the above as: "1234","Prod A","6" "1234","Prod B","7" "1987","Prod C","12" "1545","Prod B","12" "1545","Prod C","...

Data Filtering
I several woorkbooks in an excel Spreadsheet. On one woorkbook I have a listing of stock transaction called trades which could comprise of twenty different stocks.\ On another workbook I would like to sum the profit/loss of each stock. I need to filter the stocks out of the trades workbook by symbol so I can calculate profit/loss on each individual stock over a period of time. You could use Data>filter>auto filter or =sumproduct((a2:a200="MSFT")*(b2:b200>=b1)*(b2:b200<c1)*c2:c200) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "jnorton" <jnorton@...

Rearrange data in a column, Access 2003
I have a column that is for Page Numbers, and this particular table contains a letter in addition to the page number. Here are examples: 1A 3A 10A 1B 13B I would like to do 2 things: I would like to move the letter to the front formatted as "A- " and I would like to make one-digit numbers 2-digits so they will sort in the proper order. These letters are meaningful to the users. I would like to end up with: A- 01 A- 03 A-10 B- 01 B- 13 Can I do this? I've tried a few things that I found in other questions, but have not been able to get it to work. I assume I would use ...

Searching a Row of Data and Returning a Value
I have tried all sorts (less macros which I am seeking to avoid) and searched the web but to no avail!! I am trying to use Excel to search a row of data that is interspersed (i.e. not in a continuous range but instead for example B3, W3, AB3 etc) and may or may not be populated with text values. Having searched the row I want to be able to select the latest text value (i.e. the row represents a timeline of data). See example below: A3 W3 AB3 Jim "" (i.e. blank returned by formula) John Therefore I can se...

Copying Data Without Hidden Values
Please excuse a dumb question. I'm sure the answer is buried in the help files somewhere, but I can't find it. I'm running Excel2002. I have a long column of data with many hidden rows. I need to copy this column for a paste operation, but I want to include only the active, visible fields. Every copy process I've tried ends up pasting the hidden rows also. How do I exclude the hidden rows from the copy process? Thanks, OC Oscar, Select the column, then hit F5, click on Special, select Visible Cells Only, OK, then Copy and Paste. HTH, Nikos "Oscar" <oc@sc.rrno...

HELP! Copy a Data Series to Another Graph?
Hi- I'm using Excel 2002 and I've got a lot of graphs, all of which are based on a common spreadsheet and all are VERY similar. When I add a new data series to one graph, it would be wonderful if there was a simple way to copy this data series to the other graphs. Can it be done? (Now I add the new line to the first graph. Then I copy the X-values from the first graph, open the second graph & paste, re-open the first graph and copy the Y-values, re-open the second graph & paste, third graph, fourth graph, etc., etc., etc.......) Just make the series refer to a defined na...

MTD Total as of Date Filtered
I have a report with a "Date" column and a "MTD" column. The user is prompted to enter a single date. i want the MTD column to sum the data from the first of the month (of the date entered) to the date entered. Currently, it is summing the whole month. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Sum what "data"? Are there some actual table and field names? Is the a SQL view that you could share from the report's record source? This is an expression that could be used in a report of the Orders table in Northwind ot get the MTD freight: =Sum(Abs([OrderD...

how to input consecutive alphabet data?
how to input consecutive alphabet data? for example a, b, c etc, k_a, k_b, k_c, etc. news, Put 97 in B1, then copy it down with the fill hjndle holding the Ctrl key. That will give you 98, 99, etc. Put this formula in cell A1: ="k_" & CHAR(B1) COpy it down with the fill handle -- Regards from Virginia Beach, Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com ----------------------------------------------------------------------- "news.microsoft.com" <whoknows@microsft.com> wrote in message news:OsUAzGDoIHA.3892@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > how to input consecutive alphabet ...

external data not in a table
I have a worksheet originally created in excel2003 that gets external data from a db2 database. After migrating to excel2007 the external data in the worksheet is not in a table (clicking on a result cell does not make Table Tools appear). When creating a new database query I find that the results always get put in table. I don't want the results in a table. How do I make the results of a new query NOT be a table? And I don't want to break the link to the database since I update the results periodically. ...

Query Wizard not returning data
I created a Query in Query Wizard to pull data from a SQL database and return the data to and Excel spreadsheet. I had been using this Excel spreadsheet regularly without hitch or glitch for 7 months until I updated from SQL 7.0 to SQL 2000, and something went terribly wrong In the Excel spreadsheet, when I right click refresh data, the data does not update. When I go into the Query Wizard, the query will update but will not return to the Excel spreadsheet. I recreated the entire query from scratch in a new workbook and still had the same problems. I have a boat load of RAM and have chec...

No Pivot Table Totals Wanted
Is it possible to get pivot to not put the totals in for the Row are besides going to each field and saying none under the "Field Settings" I put these pivot tables together, and everytime I have to go back an change the field settings so I get no totals. I don't want the totals I thought through the table options by taking the checks out of th grand totals and auto format it would take care of it but it doesn't Just getting tired of changing those settings individually each time Any ideas is there a way I hope someone has something or maybe I a going brain dead let me know ...

bringing data from a column to a row in a formula
I will try to be more specific about my problem. I have a worksheeet with the data going down a column. On anothe worksheet i have a formula that needs the above data but thi worksheets data is in a row. I tried using the $ sign to keep the column constant, but it won't wor when i'm using data from the other worksheet. I can paste the info, bu when the data changes i have to go back and repaste it, and its hassle. Why won't the $ work across worksheets. HUL -- Hul ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Hulk's Profile: http://www.excelfo...

auto generate emails from data stored in excel spreadsheet
Hi, Is there a way in excel to automatically generate an email which is stored in a worksheet either using excel macros or in conjuction with outlook. thanks in advance. Mark K Look here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm Maybe this one http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#message -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "MarkK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:169b901c447f2$268f26b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > Is there a way in excel to automatically generate an > email which is stored in a worksheet either us...

Mixed Data Handling
Hi, I have a mixed data set as exampled below, Type Value A 14 B 0.156 C 1.65 A 18 D 400 C 1.56 C 1.72 .... .... .... Question: How can I graph these variables individually without chancin' the data structure? Note: I can not use autofilter or any other macro, this data set will be updated every 2hours, but can make any link to this data set freely. Thx for your concern Emre ´┐ŻNAL Statistician http://www.geocities.com/dusemre You can make a pivot table from this data. The data is unchanged, as the P...

CRM 4.0 Data Migration Manager
Hi I have an accounts csv file with account number (from old system), account name address etc. I also have a contacts file which has the account number, contact name etc. There are a lot of accounts with exctly the same name but different number and details. I want to use the crm 4.0 data migration manager to import these and link the contacts to the accounts. Have tried a few times and i keep getting the error saying - duplicate reference could not be resolved. How do i go about this please? I would relaly appreciate some guidance.. Cheers Snow White Hi, I've had a similar si...

macro for Excel 2003 to combine and sort data range
I need to convert data for the three columns below by repeating these steps. Insert blank row at A1 Move contents of C2 to A1 Make A1 bold and underlined. Move to next row in column C where data is different from date that was moved in step above. Repeat loop until end of data in column is reached. A B C 1 Bk 2662, Pg 153 1509056 Abstract of Inventory 2 Bk 2125, Pg 749 1509059 Affidavit of Deimmobilization 3 Bk 2661, Pg 780 1508959 Affidavit Of Lost Notes 4 Bk 661, Pg 875 1508995 Affidavit Of Lost Notes 5 Bk 2661, Pg 878 ...

Charts Line Types for Multiple Data Series not Printing Properly
Hi, I would appreciate any advice anyone has on this printing problem I am having with data series line types. I have a bunch of charts that each have 5 data series on them (lines) Some are solid line types and others are either dotted or dashed so you can differentiate when printed in black and white. The problem is when I print they are all coming out as solid lines. The dots and the dashes are not spaced enough apart so they come out as one solid line. I have double check that I do in fact have the proper line type selected. I am using Excel 2000 Thanks!!! ...

Retrieving of data in the Device Applications.
Hi, i strucked with a problem on SQL Mobile with Windows Mobile 6.5 SDK , the process of retrieving the data from the sql mobile database in the device applications (using c#). for example : I have employee database. In the UI, I have a text box and a search button. When the user enters the employee name or the employee id and hit the search button, the details of the employee(only selected fields from the database) should be displayed to the user. Which data control should be use for displaying the data to the user. Regards. ...

Couting rows based on given data range
Hi All, I have a sheet which contains supplier details for whom invoices are still open and are ageing: Eg. Supplier Valid Invoice Invoice Ageing (Days) ABC Valid 1 ABC Valid 2 ABC Invalid 3 ABC Invalid 5 ABC Valid 6 ABC Valid 16 ABC Valid 19 ABC Valid 20 ABC Valid 7 ABC Valid 10 ABC Valid 11 I ha...

Putting data into cells with formulas
Is it possible to put data into a cell that already has a formula? I want to know the % that A2 is from A1, however I want to put the number 23 in A2 manually and then have A2 have the answer which is .92. Impossible? A1-2 A2-2 Hi not possible with formulas. This would require VBA / using an event procedure >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to put data into a cell that already has a formula? I want to know the % that A2 is from A1, however I want to put the number 23 in A2 manually and then have A2 have the answer which is .92. Impossible? > >A1-25 >A2-23 ...