total cost on report

I have areport with a cost field that I would like to total that collum at
the end of the report. How do I do this ? do I need to create another field
(total)
please help
thanks, jettro

Jettron wrote:

>I have areport with a cost field that I would like to total that collum at
>the end of the report. How do I do this ? do I need to create another field
>(total)

The usual way is to use a text box with an expression like:

	=Sum([cost field])

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

"Marshall Barton" wrote:

> Jettron wrote:
>
> >I have areport with a cost field that I would like to total that collum at
> >the end of the report. How do I do this ? do I need to create another field
> >(total)
>

> The usual way is to use a text box with an expression like:
>
> 	=Sum([cost field])
>
> --
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]

Put the text box with that expression in the **report**
footer.  Use the View menu if the report doesn't have the
report footer section.
--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Jettron wrote:

>I'm in design view of the report, where do I insert this expression?
>I clicked on page footer to insert this expression & it did not work
>
>"Marshall Barton" wrote:
>
>> Jettron wrote:
>>
>> >I have areport with a cost field that I would like to total that collum at
>> >the end of the report. How do I do this ? do I need to create another field
>> >(total)
>>

>> The usual way is to use a text box with an expression like:
>>
>> 	=Sum([cost field])
0
Marshall
7/10/2007 10:19:43 PM
thanks it worked
jettro

"Marshall Barton" wrote:

> Put the text box with that expression in the **report**
> footer.  Use the View menu if the report doesn't have the
> report footer section.
> --
> Marsh
> MVP [MS Access]
>

> Jettron wrote:
>
> >I'm in design view of the report, where do I insert this expression?
> >I clicked on page footer to insert this expression & it did not work

> >> The usual way is to use a text box with an expression like:
> >>
> >> 	=Sum([cost field])

Manual change of a fixed asset cost basis should use User Date
The manual increase or decrease of the cost basis of an asset uses the computer system date to record the transaction date. Companies that prevent computer system dates from being changed cannot record the change in cost on the correct date. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree"...

An XML question

IE7 Problem With Drill Down On Sales History Report
I have run into an issue with using IE7 to generate the Sales History report. The basic report runs just fine but if I drill down on Earned Revenue or Lost Revenue I just get a blank blue screen. This report with the drill down works just fine from pcs on the network that are still using IE6. Any suggestions as to how to fix this? Thanks. Rick Bellefond RB Data Services Hi Rick, I clicked on Earned - Lost Revenue to drill down to the details report and I get "Sales History Detail by : Owner" header and tabular data of the opportunities. I am unable to reproduce the issu...

After deploying a report
I am new with the SRS. My client is on SBS.CRM is working fine. We have deployed a customised report. The report can be viewed if you are Administrator but if any CRM user tries to view, "Page can not be displayed" error is thrown. The user can view crm default reports. I have used the CRM datasource with Windows Authentication, using the filtered views. Any help is appretiated.. ...

What causes cost diff to hit WIP?
We use 9.0 with Manufacturing Quick MO's. Normally when we have qty overrides an auto post to GL for cost differences hits inventory and our offset inventory account. This past week, we noticed that instead of hitting the offset inventory account, the difference is hitting our WIP account. We checked all item cards and none have the WIP account as an offset. The GL code begins with IVA and this is the first time it has happened....thanks Sevral things actually.... If you are on standard cost and do not have variance accounts setup (or the WIP account is listed as the variance accou...

Totals on Sales Inquiry native windows
We would like to have the totals on the Sales Inquiries: Transaction by Customer Transaction by Document Sales Documents Sales Items Today we can retrieve this information in separated inquiries and reports, be we would like to heve a easier way to see this totals... The same suggest can be applied to Smartlist. If possible, you can create a tool to sum a field after you make a filter I created a screen where you can see all sales, separated by day of week, and week of year, and totals YTD,MTD and WTD, but I am not able to have the same information grouped by item number, for example.....

Standard Cost Changes:'Do not Rollup through Where Used' functiona
There is a major issue that needs to be resolved regarding the way this functionality works. In a nutshell, the program is storing the global BoM tree changes that would have happened from a rollup when 'Do Not Rollup Where Used' was checked and it is applying these on the next rollup--even if the part # being changed in the new rollup is completely unrelated to the previous one. Let's say, for example, that you just created a brand new part #, with no relationship to ANY BoM. It is a Standard Cost (FIFO Periodic) item. You go to enter Material and Overhead costs for this...

Setting ID# to 1 & Total on bottom of query result
Hi, I have 2 separate questions. First how do I set the ID# to 1 for the first record. I copied my whole database including queries and forms which were 2009 records and changed the titles to 2010. I did a "compact and repair" to the 2010 database. But when I start to enter records for 2010 the ID# is 2550. How can I reset the ID# back to start at 1? On many of my queries I have the results be for example 28 Caucation, 43 African American, 65 Hispanic, 4 Asian, 2 Native American. I need these numbers separate like they are but I would like a total line at the bottom...

Excel spreadsheet in Reports only works within network
I have a dynamic Excel spreadsheet that dynamically updates the data when the spreadsheet is opened. However, it only works inside the network because of the SQL connection string. Is there a way to make this work when a user runs the spreadsheet from outside the network? The CRM dynamic Excel fetches the data from the CRM Database so needs to have connection to it. If someone from the outside of the network wants to be able to run this report, they need to have access to your CRM from their network, i.e. VPN Check with your IT, they maybe other network options to securely connect...

total cost on report
I have areport with a cost field that I would like to total that collum at the end of the report. How do I do this ? do I need to create another field (total) please help thanks, jettro Jettron wrote: >I have areport with a cost field that I would like to total that collum at >the end of the report. How do I do this ? do I need to create another field >(total) The usual way is to use a text box with an expression like: =Sum([cost field]) -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] I'm in design view of the report, where do I insert this expression? I clicked on page footer to insert thi...

Finding Cells that Total a Value
Hello Friends, I need some assistance in solving a problem. I have a spreadsheet with over five hundred lines of transactions. The sum of these transactions are creating a balance on the account. Is there any formula/macro that will help me find the transactions creating the balance? The sum of the account should be zero. To clarify, if we owe client money, there would be a transaction setting up that postive balance then a payment on the account taking it back to zero. There could be multiple transactions and then one net payment. Or we could be due to receive. So at the end of the day, th...

Total Items
Hi - Is there a way to get a total number of items that are about to be tendered, on the POS screen ? Thanks. You can customize the status.htm file. Not sure exactly what the variable is that you want, but I know it cn be done. "NJS" <NJS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:538F3CC7-F23D-43C7-8A5A-4319B8688E5B@microsoft.com... > Hi - > Is there a way to get a total number of items that are about to be > tendered, > on the POS screen ? > Thanks. Jason, Send me your email I have already customized this and will forward you. "Jason&qu...

Total of Totals
Hey there, I've set up a database consisting of four tables. I run a query which calculates a total for the item (unit price * quantity). Is it possible to calculate the final total of all this for a report? If that's possible, how can I get it to be at the bottom of all the records but only on the last page? Thanks Mathew On Aug 1, 12:48 am, KARL DEWEY <KARLDE...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Yes. > Open the form in design view, click on menu VIEW - Report Header/Footer a= nd > add a text box in the footer with Control Source =3D[unit price] * > [quantit...

Manipulating totals and columns in Pivot Tables
Hi, I'm constructing a pivot table that has investors as columns, investments as rows, and the general data is values. Trouble is there is a column which I want to only display half of each value. I know that I can make a formula that divides a column "column A/2", and then hide the unwanted columns. But I would also like the hidden columns to not be included in the grand totals. How do I make this happen? Thanks! Hi, So let me understand what you want, something like this in the Pivot Table: A B C Name Jp ...

UK VAT Reporting
UK regulations request that we report the value of EU tax transactions as though they were UK. As we currently have 4 rates (Standard, Lower, Zero and None) the EU tax rate setup at the moment, which allows for only 1 rate does not meet these requirements. By rights the EU should be tracked at Tax ID. UK VAT laws require you to show the VAT due bit not paid on all goods and related services you acquire from other EU member stated. As stated, the government require this to be at the same rate as though purchased in the UK. Legitimately purchased goods would be classed as having a Zero ta...

Filter Report by Form
I have a report with both text, date and Yes/No fields and I am trying to filter the report data with a pop-up form. I have fields I want to filter the data by. I have code that works with 'Text' fields; it is For intCounter = 1 To 5 If Me("Filter" & intCounter) <> "" Then strSQL = strSQL & "[" & Me("Filter" & intCounter).Tag & "] " & " = " & Chr(34) & Me("Filter" & intCounter) & Chr(34) & " And " End If If i take out ...

Pole display Sub Total
Hi All, When a client of mine scans items the amount displaying is the sub total. Is there any way to display the total (ie including tax amount) Regards Amanda ...

drop down menu to select suppliers, categories, etc in report filt
When generating a report in Store Operations RMS, not all the filter fields have available drop down menus to select available suppliers, categories, etc. This would make it easy to select an available supplier from a drop down menu rather than hoping to remember a supplier name or spelling it correctly. Same suggestion for categories, departments, etc...... ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the ...

Importing Crystal Reports in Great Plains #2
Is it possible to import Crystal reports into Great Plains? ...

how do I get a total for all worksheets in my workbook?
I have ten worksheets, each with a total. How do I get a total of all totals? Considering you have 3 sheets, and the totals are in cell A1, then use: =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet3!A1) Mangesh "Aileen Hewat" <AileenHewat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18C80118-642F-4690-8B5E-7D68B63752E3@microsoft.com... > I have ten worksheets, each with a total. How do I get a total of all totals? This file might be a help: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/consol.zip It's in the "Accountants" section on page: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/exa...

NEED HELP w/ .qrp report!!!
I hope someone can help me with this report: i'm trying to add extended description and description to this report, but no matter what i've tried it will not work. I think it must be something in the query, but can not figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! thanks, Jim //--- Report Summary --- // Begin ReportSummary ReportType = reporttypeOrders ReportTitle = "Purchase Order List" PageOrientation = pageorientationLandscape OutLineMode = True Groups = 1 GroupDescription = "" DisplayLogo = True LogoFileName = "MyL...

Calculate Total Books
I am preparing packing slips for boxes to be sent out. There are different book orders going into the same box. Each book in the order will have its own set of id numbers that are usually, but not always, in a string(101-121 etc). I use a calculated field on the form to display the number of books in the string as I store the start book number and subract it from the end book number and add 1 to get the actual number of books in the string. I use the same calculated field on the report to show the number of books in each detial, but I have multiple strings in 1 box. I need to show a...

total for bills
Is it possible to have the total of the bills not yet paid in the current or for the upcoming month? Thank you in advance. Bepp ...

Totaling Hours Worked
I have one column that has my start time (6:30 AM) and one column that has my end time (3:30 PM). How do I make the third column total the hours I worked (9.00)? Thanks for any help. Debra Ann (EndTime - StartTime)* 24 To Excel, a day = 1 and an hour = 1/24 so, to convert an hour value "up" to an integer, multiply by 24. Hope this helps, -- George Nicholson Remove 'Junk' from return address. "Debra Ann" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:022801c3d6d5$39f8a340$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have one column that has my start time ...

Report with Columns
I want a report with 7 columns, one for each day of the week. Under each day I want just the records for that day. I tried a listbox as well as undound fields any help is appreciated. Thanks DS SUN MON TUE Lunch Lunch Dinner Diner Late Night I have a DayID field on each record, I thought that under Sunday the field with DayID 1 would only show Sundays records but it's not that simple. Sounds like you need a crosstab query. Post the SQL for your query so someone can take a look. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "DS" wrote: > I want a report with 7 c...