Text Box results in error

I downloaded the "Issues" database template and modified it pretty heavily.
One of the fields is a lookup type of field.  In a canned report, this field
displays fine when I place it in my detail section or my section header.  If
I try to use it in an unbound text box, I get an error.

If I enter    =[Application]    or   = "Appl: " & [Application]

I get #Error

Can anyone tell me why it works as a bound field, but not in a text box?

--
Thanks!

RBear3
..

0
RBear3

Did you change the Name property of the text box as well?

Access gets confused if the control has the same Name as a field, but is
bound to something else.

In any case, Application is a reserved word in Access, so a poor choice of
name for a field. I understand you probably didn't choose this name, but
that doesn't change the fact that is can cause problems. For a list of names
to avoid (more than 1000 of them), see:
    http://allenbrowne.com/AppIssueBadWord.html

"RBear3" <rbear3@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I downloaded the "Issues" database template and modified it pretty heavily.
>One of the fields is a lookup type of field.  In a canned report, this
>field displays fine when I place it in my detail section or my section
>header.  If I try to use it in an unbound text box, I get an error.
>
> If I enter    =[Application]    or   = "Appl: " & [Application]
>
> I get #Error
>
> Can anyone tell me why it works as a bound field, but not in a text box?

0
Allen

TEXT = text

Selecting text in a document

CScrollView and text height

Run-time error 3101 : Access is looking for a table that doesn't e
Error says: Run-time error '3101': The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find a record in the table 'Employee' with key matching field(s) 'Employee_ID'. A Google search showed that the 3101 error is a broken join, but the join in the combo box points to QryEmployee and OBR_Employees. This problem happens when I try and select an employee name from the combo box after I go to a new record. It doesn't happen any other time. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here? ...

filtering results in excel
Hello to all you experts, i want to be able to filter a large amount of data to a single row that i can then use in other areas. data consists of about 85 columns and 15000 rows of data, much of which is very similar. 1st filter would have about 15 unique names, each of which then limits the rows to several hundred 2nd filter will then limit the range to about 100 rows 3rd filter approx 20 rows 4th filter 2 rows 5th filter exact range required. Autofilter is the perfect option but, it does not allow me to define the row and then select the data, i.e. any of the 15000 rows could b...

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Function is not availalbe in expressions in query expression error message (0/1)
I recently received this error message when opening the source DB in Access 2007. I have attached two jpg pics. Does this error message give enough details for someone to point me in the right direction for a fix? The last time I developed and worked in this DB everything worked fine. I get this error when clicking on a control that runs a query macro against a backend DB consisting of about 15 tables. I should mention the error comes into play when trying to run the frontend on a client W/S. I don't see the error while on my W/S which is my developer W/S and has Acce...

CListCtrl::HitTest error arg invalid
Hello, I have just hit a quite annoying problem with MFC and CListCtrl::HitTest; mainly - its arguments are changing themselves. I have called int nItem = c_Report.HitTest(pt_in, NULL); However the application crashes in the MFC wrapper, trying to allocate memory for the uFlags*, I step into it with the debugger and I find that the uFlags* now points to _crtDebugBreak or something along those lines. Most fustraiting, any ideas? Im all out. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do" ...

Ranking Numbers with Text

Null in text box

Report errors after YE update
We've had approximately 8-10 clients who have installed the year-end update within the past week or two and who have all had issues with modified reports. In certain cases, recreating the reports dictionary has corrected the issues - there have been a couple cases where we were required to recreate the dictionary the following day as well. Some of the issues have included errors such as "Resources in the dictionary cannot be found" or SQL error messages. Other issues have been reports reverting back to the report that is not modified, regardless of the security setup or...

"Can't find macro" error
I have a simple macro that executes the following: Sub SAVE_Quit() ActiveWorkbook.Save Application.Quit End Sub I assigned it to a toolbar button called "Save List". Whenever I try to run the macro from the toolbar, I get the "can't find macro error". But I can successfully run the macro from the Tools > Macro > Macros list. The sheet is protected but I still get the error when I unprotect it. The macro is stored in Module 1. I tried moving it to This Workbook or Sheet 1 (in case it was stored in the wrong place) but got the same error. What am I ...

ERROR check if a date set entered violates a perviously entered date set
I am devloping an excel program that has a list of date sets, not necessarily in sequencial order. What I want is an ERROR CHECK if a date set violates any date set previously entered. What I was looking for was that a date set could not be typed in as follows: 1/10/04 to 4/20/04 2/10/04 to 3/20/04 The second date set falls within the first set and should be invalid setting off a message or an alert of an invalid entry. I am interested in making it idiot proof so that one could not enter date sets within or covering dates sets already entered. This one really throws me, Please help. ...

Re: Using Text Styles

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...

No password protect workbook box in Tools>Options>General
As is the case with much of this limited CD that was installed, some important features are missing. I want to password protect any given workbook. When I went to help (since the Tools>Protection didn't work) it told me to go to Tools>Options>General, and click on the box that said to password protect the workbook. As usual, this version has nothing of the sort on the General tab under Options. Now what? Why don't you get a full version if you expect full version capability? I'm at a loss... ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "MS" <...

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....

E2K3 SP1 Error
I have sucessfully created and mounted an RSG on my Exchange 2003 SP1 server. My problem is when i right click any mailbox in the RSG from the ESM that's name contains a comma (Kleinpeter, Rob) i get error: An Invalid dn syntax has been specified. Facility: LDAP Providor ID no: 80072032 Exchange System Manager This does not happen in the live database or in the RGS with names that do not contain commas. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. RK Sorry....i got a posting error when I saved the previous. "Rob Kleinpeter" wrote: > I have sucessfully create...