Sychronizing Report and Parameter Form

How can I get a Report to Open a Paramenter form with the same record
referenced?  I just can't seem to get it.  I have tried everything!  Can
someone please help me with this.  Thank you.

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 07:24:03 -0800, TotallyConfused wrote:

> How can I get a Report to Open a Paramenter form with the same record
> referenced?  I just can't seem to get it.  I have tried everything!  Can
> someone please help me with this.  Thank you.

A Parameter Form is a form into which you enter a query's parameters.
The query is used as the report's record source.
It need not be bound to any particular record.

Here is an example that uses a combo box to find a particular company,
as well as text boxes to enter a starting and ending date.

Create an unbound form.
Add a combo box.
Set the Row Source of the combo box to include the
CompanyID field and the Company Name.
Name the Combo Box 'FindCompany'.
Set it's Bound column to 1.
Set it's Column Count property to 2.
Set the Column Width property to 0";1"

Also add 2 unbound text controls.
Set their format to a valid date format.
Name them "StartDate" and "EndDate"

Add a Command Button to the form.
Code the button's click event:

Me.Visible = False

Name this form 'ParamForm'.

In the Report's Record Source (the Query) [CompanyID] field criteria
line write:
forms!ParamForm!FindCompany

As criteria in the query date field write:
Between forms!Paramform!StartDate and forms!ParamForm!EndDate

Next, code the report's Open event:
DoCmd.OpenForm "ParamForm", , , , , acDialog

Code the report's Close event:
DoCmd.Close acForm, "ParamForm"

When ready to run the report, open the report.
The form will open and wait for the selection of the Company and the
entry of the starting and ending dates wanted.
Click the command button and then report will run.
When the report closes, it will close the form.

--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:18:01 -0800, TotallyConfused wrote:

> Thank you for responding.  This worked.  However, in my combo box I get all
> on my cmbo box list.  Can the combo box just be set to pull only the
> individuals listed in the reports.  For instance there maybe times when the
> report will have two instances of the same report but for different
> individuals.  How do I code the combo box to only list those two individuals.
>  Thank you for any help you can provide.
>
> "fredg" wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 07:24:03 -0800, TotallyConfused wrote:
>>
>>> How can I get a Report to Open a Paramenter form with the same record
>>> referenced?  I just can't seem to get it.  I have tried everything!  Can
>>> someone please help me with this.  Thank you.
>>
>> A Parameter Form is a form into which you enter a query's parameters.
>> The query is used as the report's record source.
>> It need not be bound to any particular record.
>>
>> Here is an example that uses a combo box to find a particular company,
>> as well as text boxes to enter a starting and ending date.
>>
>> Create an unbound form.
>> Add a combo box.
>> Set the Row Source of the combo box to include the
>> CompanyID field and the Company Name.
>> Name the Combo Box 'FindCompany'.
>> Set it's Bound column to 1.
>> Set it's Column Count property to 2.
>> Set the Column Width property to 0";1"
>>
>> Also add 2 unbound text controls.
>> Set their format to a valid date format.
>> Name them "StartDate" and "EndDate"
>>
>> Add a Command Button to the form.
>> Code the button's click event:
>>
>> Me.Visible = False
>>
>> Name this form 'ParamForm'.
>>
>> In the Report's Record Source (the Query) [CompanyID] field criteria
>> line write:
>> forms!ParamForm!FindCompany
>>
>> As criteria in the query date field write:
>> Between forms!Paramform!StartDate and forms!ParamForm!EndDate
>>
>> Next, code the report's Open event:
>> DoCmd.OpenForm "ParamForm", , , , , acDialog
>>
>> Code the report's Close event:
>> DoCmd.Close acForm, "ParamForm"
>>
>> When ready to run the report, open the report.
>> The form will open and wait for the selection of the Company and the
>> entry of the starting and ending dates wanted.
>> Click the command button and then report will run.
>> When the report closes, it will close the form.
>>
>> --
>> Fred
>> Please respond only to this newsgroup.
>> I do not reply to personal e-mail

How would a combo box "know" which customer is in a report before the
report is run?
It's like saying my telephone white pages should only show the phone
numbers of someone I have called before I have called them.

Re-think your question. You certainly haven't given me enough
information to help you. Remember, a combo box gets it's data from a
table or query, not from a report.

--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.
I do not reply to personal e-mail
0
fredg
1/15/2008 1:45:07 AM
Thank you for explaining.  Which is why I am asking for help.  Let me explain:
I have a main form with doc info.  A subform in within my main form.  This
subform lists pts assoc w/doc.  On my main form, I have cmd buttons
indicating which report to print depending on doc and pts.  I can call the
reports individually or as a batch.  All this works fine.  However, one
specific report needs to have 4 sets of dates entered before it can
print/email.  Reason for parameter form.  What I have been trying to do is:
when I call report, for the parameter form to pop up with only the pts
generated from the query/report.  If it is one pt, then one form for one pt.
If more than one pt, then form to have the capability to open another
instance of the form for entering dates with the other pt. and so forth.

I have researched and found the following: Allen Browne's paper, Managing
Multiple Instances of a Form, F. Scott Barker's, Managing Multiple Instances
of the same Form and Access Cookbook, Open Multiple Instances of a Form.  I
have tried these examples and I can create the multiple instances and so
forth but I can't get get the report and form synchronized and multiple
instances to popup with another pt if needed.

Am I spinning my wheels for nothing?  Can this be done.  I am reading to
give up but I know how important this is to this project.  Can you help me?

Can this be done?

"fredg" wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:18:01 -0800, TotallyConfused wrote:
>
> > Thank you for responding.  This worked.  However, in my combo box I get all
> > on my cmbo box list.  Can the combo box just be set to pull only the
> > individuals listed in the reports.  For instance there maybe times when the
> > report will have two instances of the same report but for different
> > individuals.  How do I code the combo box to only list those two individuals.
> >  Thank you for any help you can provide.

> >> A Parameter Form is a form into which you enter a query's parameters.
> >> The query is used as the report's record source.
> >> It need not be bound to any particular record.
> >>
> >> Here is an example that uses a combo box to find a particular company,
> >> as well as text boxes to enter a starting and ending date.
> >>
> >> Create an unbound form.
> >> Add a combo box.
> >> Set the Row Source of the combo box to include the
> >> CompanyID field and the Company Name.
> >> Name the Combo Box 'FindCompany'.
> >> Set it's Bound column to 1.
> >> Set it's Column Count property to 2.
> >> Set the Column Width property to 0";1"
> >>
> >> Also add 2 unbound text controls.
> >> Set their format to a valid date format.
> >> Name them "StartDate" and "EndDate"
> >>
> >> Add a Command Button to the form.
> >> Code the button's click event:
> >>
> >> Me.Visible = False
> >>
> >> Name this form 'ParamForm'.
> >>
> >> In the Report's Record Source (the Query) [CompanyID] field criteria
> >> line write:
> >> forms!ParamForm!FindCompany
> >>
> >> As criteria in the query date field write:
> >> Between forms!Paramform!StartDate and forms!ParamForm!EndDate
> >>
> >> Next, code the report's Open event:
> >> DoCmd.OpenForm "ParamForm", , , , , acDialog
> >>
> >> Code the report's Close event:
> >> DoCmd.Close acForm, "ParamForm"
> >>
> >> When ready to run the report, open the report.
> >> The form will open and wait for the selection of the Company and the
> >> entry of the starting and ending dates wanted.
> >> Click the command button and then report will run.
> >> When the report closes, it will close the form.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Fred
> >> Please respond only to this newsgroup.
> >> I do not reply to personal e-mail
> >>

> How would a combo box "know" which customer is in a report before the
> report is run?
> It's like saying my telephone white pages should only show the phone
> numbers of someone I have called before I have called them.
>
> Re-think your question. You certainly haven't given me enough
> information to help you. Remember, a combo box gets it's data from a
> table or query, not from a report.
>
> --
> Fred
> Please respond only to this newsgroup.
> I do not reply to personal e-mail

I figured it out after I had sent this reply.  Thank you.

"TotallyConfused" wrote:

> Thank you for explaining.  Which is why I am asking for help.  Let me explain:
> I have a main form with doc info.  A subform in within my main form.  This
> subform lists pts assoc w/doc.  On my main form, I have cmd buttons
> indicating which report to print depending on doc and pts.  I can call the
> reports individually or as a batch.  All this works fine.  However, one
> specific report needs to have 4 sets of dates entered before it can
> print/email.  Reason for parameter form.  What I have been trying to do is:
> when I call report, for the parameter form to pop up with only the pts
> generated from the query/report.  If it is one pt, then one form for one pt.
> If more than one pt, then form to have the capability to open another
> instance of the form for entering dates with the other pt. and so forth.
>
> I have researched and found the following: Allen Browne's paper, Managing
> Multiple Instances of a Form, F. Scott Barker's, Managing Multiple Instances
> of the same Form and Access Cookbook, Open Multiple Instances of a Form.  I
> have tried these examples and I can create the multiple instances and so
> forth but I can't get get the report and form synchronized and multiple
> instances to popup with another pt if needed.
>
> Am I spinning my wheels for nothing?  Can this be done.  I am reading to
> give up but I know how important this is to this project.  Can you help me?
>
> Can this be done?
>
> "fredg" wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 16:18:01 -0800, TotallyConfused wrote:
> >
> > > Thank you for responding.  This worked.  However, in my combo box I get all
> > > on my cmbo box list.  Can the combo box just be set to pull only the
> > > individuals listed in the reports.  For instance there maybe times when the
> > > report will have two instances of the same report but for different
> > > individuals.  How do I code the combo box to only list those two individuals.
> > >  Thank you for any help you can provide.

> > How would a combo box "know" which customer is in a report before the
> > report is run?
> > It's like saying my telephone white pages should only show the phone
> > numbers of someone I have called before I have called them.
> >
> > Re-think your question. You certainly haven't given me enough
> > information to help you. Remember, a combo box gets it's data from a
> > table or query, not from a report.
> >
> > --
> > Fred
> > Please respond only to this newsgroup.
> > I do not reply to personal e-mail

Updating data into SQL DB from SSRS reports
Hi All I have SSRS Reports displaying a few metrics sometimes users want to update comments on these metrics like we display in a tablix the name of the metric, month, year and the value of the metric and users want to update some comments on this. I know in one of the SQL User group meetings I saw someone demo updating data from SSRS into SQL DB appreciate if any of you can kindly share the how to on implementing this. Thanks Karen KarenM Hmm, render the report to EXCEL then issue SQL statement to update the tables "KarenM" <karenmiddleol@yahoo.com> ...

Standard Reports on CRM 3.0
I am trying to setup CRM 3.0; I have set it up on sql 2005 and migrated the data from ACT with no errors. when I click on reports in workplace a message is displayed - an error has occurred - contact the system administrator. I ran the environment diagnostic tool and no errors appeared. Can anybody point me in the right direction to resolve this. For more detail error information you can turn on Dev Errors. To do this, log onto the Microsoft CRM Server. Open a File Explorer window and navigate to the folder where the Microsoft CRM web site is installed. Open the web.config and chang...

Quarter-End Payroll Reports
When the payroll supervisor tries to run the Quarter-End Payroll Reports she is receiving the following error: Unhandled script exception. Script '(78) of form uprCrossCompanyReports' not found. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_MISSING SCRIPT_CMD_CALL Any ideas on how to resolve? Thanks Rene More information is required to determine your problem: 1. What version of Great Plains are you using? 2. What is the last Tax Code Update? 3. What is the laxt Tax Update? 4. Is this just one client or multiple clients machines? It sounds like an old service patch was loaded after the client has applie...

Sales report shows different totals to tender summary or sales tax reports
I am currently verifying my Quickbooks interface with the various POS sales report. After having different amounts in QB I started checking the sales reports and found that the total sales and total tax on the sales report (for the same batch and transaction numbers) are 2 cents off compared to the Details Tax Collected report. Checking different batch numbers with the QB interface confirms, that quite often I have small differences. Did anybody else experience this bahaviour? Thanks Gerd If you follow the new docs they added on TechKnowledge a few months back there isn't a way the ...

Interumping continuous form
Hello, I created a continuous form. All records are displayed correctly but, every time a new record is displayed I want the program to stop and ask a question before the new record. What command in the propertylist should I use for this purpose? Thanks JP, Belgium I'm not really sure what you are looking for. Try putting a MsgBox in the Current event of your form behind a test for Me.NewRecord and see if that is what you are looking for. If Me.NewRecord Then MsgBox "..." End If Jean-Paul wrote: >Hello, >I created a continuous form. >All recor...

Connecting Crystal Reports
I've created my ODBC connections and I can see in Crystal Reports my "Great Plains" connection. I know exactly which tables I want to pull my reports from but all I see are these ZDP_Tables. I believe these are stored procedure tables. For example I would like to use the CPY10100 (EE card table) but I see a few ZDP_CPY10100N_1;1, ZDP_CPY10100N_2;1, ZDP_CPY10100N_3;1 and so on. These tables have some of the columes I need but not all. Why would I know be able to see the table doesn't anyone have any idea? If you look at the screen in which you configure your data sour...

HR reports printing blank
Hello: I'm printing a few HR employee reports on Dynamics GP 9.0 in Fabrikam. No data is printing when I choose Pilar Ackerman. Any ideas as to hwo to get data to print? Thanks! childofthe1980s Have you loaded the sample HR data? Are you entering any data manually? Try doing that and run a report. -- Charles Allen, MVP "childothe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > I'm printing a few HR employee reports on Dynamics GP 9.0 in Fabrikam. No > data is printing when I choose Pilar Ackerman. > > Any ideas as to hwo to get data to print? > > Thanks...

Contact Form Changed with Regional Setting Change
I recently had to change my Windows XP "Settings/Control Panel/Regional and Language Options/Advanced/Language for non-Unicode programs" to "Chinese (PRC)" in order to view Chinese characters in a translation software package. Just to be clear - my Windows system is still in English - this setting just allows my Chinese software characters to also show up. Strangely, after the above change, the form layout in Outlook 2003 changed. Most significantly, the "Full Name" button is no longer available on the main page, which makes editing of names difficult ...

reports gallery
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004D_01C37CFB.9B19CA20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable For some reason when I look at my monthly expenses some of my payments = don't show. ie. I get a 0.00 balance on my visa payments. When I open = the transactions it lists the original payment then the paid amount. = Which brings the balance to 0.00....any ideas how to config this = properly? Thanks, ------=_NextPart_000_004D_01C37CFB.9B19CA20 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" ...

Month to date sales report by register.
Hello, Basically what I am looking for is a report that can give me my total sales per day for the month, or for however lonk I would like, and per register. Example would be register #1 has a total of $500.00 sales for the 1st of the month, and on the second it has $250.00 Instead of combining or anything like that, I would get a report that lists both numbers and date per register. It would say on the 1st you did $500.00 on the second $250.00 and so on. Any ideas or suggestions would be so helpful. Thank You, Vince Vince, I a trying to find the same report but haven't had any...

Report writer....lines
I know report writer is a cumbersome tool, but I am reasonably good at bending it to my will. However, I have never figured out how to get 'lines' and 'rectangles' to print correctly. I need to 'tabulate' the SOP Blank Invoice report. How do I get lines/ rectangles to print correctly so that it spans from the report header section, through the other headers and footers and ends in the report footer. I am trying to produce an invoice which has the product, quantity, amounts etc.. in a 'table' type format - it is just much neater and professional this w...

I can't edit information on my form in Access. Any ideas?
I'm unable to edit any information on my form. All controls are unlocked and enabled, the tables are properly linked and the information shows up, but when I try to edit, it just makes a clicking sound. Editing Data in a Form wrote: > I'm unable to edit any information on my form. All controls are > unlocked and enabled, the tables are properly linked and the > information shows up, but when I try to edit, it just makes a > clicking sound. Nearly always means that your form's RecordSource is a query that does not allow edits (most don't). If you used the wizar...

fiscal start year reporting
A place to define when your fiscal year starts so that when selecting for instance year to date sales, it starts from 7/1/05 instead of the 1st of the year? This would be better than to modify every report, every year. I know you can save any report with that as a start date and then edit the end date to read <Today>. This is very tedious to do every year. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see ...

Help with user form
I need help with a user form that basically mimicks my worksheet. I need to get the data from the 29 text boxes on the user form to the matching columns and row on my worksheet. My worksheet looks like this: V# Vendor Name Inv-No Inv Amount Cat Amount Cost Retail Cost Retail Cost Retail the above columns are repeated 4 times My user form basically follows the same form. I need to have the user enter the data for the invoice which is then copied to the worksheet, and start the process over again until all invoice are entered. Any help is appreciated, I have been struggling with th...

Frx from Reports Menu in GP
From the Reports menu Financial > FRx. The Report Launcher opens instead of the Report Designer. How do you change this? Locate the FRXDYN.INI in the application folder you start DynamicsGP. Delete it. Next time you use the Reports--> Financial --> FRX, you should be prompted again for the location. Select the frx32.exe, rather than the frx launch32.exe ------ Robert "6538" <lbeach@remingtonconsulting.com> wrote in message news:OkyfOBGvHHA.4332@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > From the Reports menu Financial > FRx. The Report Launcher opens instead > o...

Pay Out Report #3
Does anyone have a report that will list pay out transaction details? There is an old post from 2007 that mentions one, but I can't get to the file from a newreader client since it's so old. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Mark Marc, Thanks...that's exactly what I was looking for! I really appreciate you taking the time to post that up. Regards, Mark "Marc" wrote: > This was the original report that I found a few years ago. I use this > modified with ReasonCode <> drop because I do not want to see cash drops on > my paid out report. &g...

Reporting Memo Fields on a report
Hi, I have written program on Vb6.0 using Access or SQL 7.0 database and Crystal report 8 , my problem is this I have a memo fields that have alot of data and when i do aligment on form at run time , The data look well and keep the formatebut when view using crystal report it work but when I print report it loses all formating , what do I fail to do you need to report to a crystal specific newsgroup -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "peter njathi" <peter njathi@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Smartist report for security
Hi Gang - GP 10 has a standard security report: administrator/reports/security/security task setup my boss wants this report in smartlist - any suggestions? We do have smartlist builder but I cant find the correct tables. Michael, I think you can make use of this script to create a view in SQL and then call it in smartlist builder that might help you to customize the security report in smartlist. This script is provided by Victoria on her blog, link below http://victoriayudin.com/2009/03/20/sql-view-with-security-resource-details-for-dynamics-gp-10/ -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP h...

Item Movement Report #5
Hi, I am trying to add in the price and cost for each item on the Item Movement report. However this report seems to run off a view rather than a table. How can I join the ViewItemMovement view and the Item table in order to add in the Item.Price and Item.Cost fileds to this report? When I try to do this I get the following error : 'Aritmmetic Overflow error coverting expression to data type int' -- Regards, datapac_bs I've got one with what you need. It's a Headquarters report. If you'd like I can send it to you. sbinder@venus.com "datapac_bs" wrote...

Option Button on Forms Toolbar
I need help with the option button, please. I have the following on my form I am creating in Excel: Location: * Left * Right * Top * Bottom Size: * Large * Small (* indicats the option button) Excel has all 6 options linked together. I want people who use my form to select one "location" answer and one "size" answer. However, Excel is only letting me select one of the 6 options. Any help is greatly appreciated. admannj: Theoretically, the way I would handle this would involve a macro (I'm not sure you would want this approach). May I suggest...

report format
ocity ozip dcity dzip consignee a b c d clo e f c d clo l k c d clo t s m k mto this is the format i have in a access report- i want to convert the above format into the format below--- how do i get the format below? c,d, clo is common to first three rows. so i want to have that row in the middle of first three rows like below and also have a dividing line after ozip for such pattern of data. Is there a way to automate it. Thanks ocity ozip dcity dzip consign...

Continuous Form, Window Top Record Ordinal
On continuous view forms, there should be a form property that has the recordset ordinal of the top-most record currently displayed in the form’s window. For example, if a recordset contains 100 records and the CurrentRecord is 5 and the user scrolls down until the CurrentRecord disappears off the top of the screen, what is the recordset ordinal for the record that is now at the top of the window? Left clicking on the scrollbar slider will display “Record: x of y”, but there should be a property that contains the value of x for code purposes. Perhaps call it “WindowTopRecord...

Calendar Sychronization
Hi to everyone I have in the outlook two calendar. One from exchange server and one from the archive files. All my inputs are in the main calendar of exchange server. There is any possibility, when i am adding something in the main calendar to copy automatically, or sychornise with the calendar of archive folder, so everything to be updated in the second calendar? Thanks in advance Manos;115227 Wrote: > Hi to everyone > > I have in the outlook two calendar. One from exchange server and one > from > the archive files. All my inputs are in the main calenda...

forms/templates
how do you set up an email template and keep it for EVERY email. like branding? Please help!! For information on customizing the default Outlook forms, see http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms.htm. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Barry" wrote: > how do you set up an email template and keep it for EVERY email. like > branding? Please help!! This would not be a suitable scenario for a custom form. Stationery = would be a better approac...

Using SQL Server Reporting Services for Form-Type Reports
I'm wondering if I'm missing something with SSRS. Creating a report to print a single invoice or work order or purchase order is easy. However, creating a report to print a range of items, like invoices, seems to require an inordinate amount of work. From what I see, you have to do everything inside a table in the body of the report. Is this right? -- Charles Allen, MVP I think you could use a sub-report to that. -- Tim Foster "Charles Allen" wrote: > I'm wondering if I'm missing something with SSRS. Creating a report to print > a single invoice o...