suppressing printing of report page

I have a report that prints separate pages by department. I need to
suppress the printing of a department page if the year to date net
income is 0 (contained in groupfooter4). I have thought of the
onnodata event but that code doesn't seem to fit this situation. Can
anybody give me advice on how to do this? Thanks for all help in
advance.

Dave

0
hedgracer

hedgracer wrote:

>I have a report that prints separate pages by department. I need to
>suppress the printing of a department page if the year to date net
>income is 0 (contained in groupfooter4). I have thought of the
>onnodata event but that code doesn't seem to fit this situation. Can
>anybody give me advice on how to do this? Thanks for all help in
>advance.

You are barking up the wrong tree.  This kind of thing
should be done in the report's record source query.

If you'll post the report's record source query that you
have now, maybe someone will be able to figure out how to
help you modify it.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

manual page breaks and missing cell borders
When I have a large cell that spans two pages and apply a manual page break, the cell border does not appear at the bottom of the page. Any help out there? Thanks. ...

Making no control have focus (property page)
I am using a CPropertyPageEx in Wizard mode. The only controls on it are some statics and 3 readonly edit controls. When the page is displayed I don't want any control to have focus (because it would look to the user like I was trying to draw his attention to a particular control, which is not the case). All the user is supposed to do is check that the content of the edit boxes is correct and press 'Next'. What is happening is that a certain one of the edit boxes is 'fully' selected (all blue). Why that particular one, I am not sure. (BTW I am calling UpdateData(FALSE) in...

Printing a sports program
I am trying to print a program for our football team. The way it should look is that it will have 2 covers. Meaning that you can open it one way to have home team information, turn it over and then you could open it and have the away team information. In the middle is both the teams rosters. Well, when I print this I know that I will have to have some of the pages upside down. I was wondering how this is possible in publisher. I have all of the pages created and now i just need them to be turned completly upside down. I am using 11x17 booklet format in Publisher 2003. Please hel...

Print fill effects
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel How can I print the fill effects I added to my word document? I would also like it to show up if I save as a PDF document. <br><br>Thanks. Go to File>Print and change "Copies and Pages" to "Microsoft Word" Then click "Word Options" and switch on "Options for current document only">"Print background colours and images". Cheers On 26/03/10 10:27 AM, in article 59bb5f92.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "joeshmoe@officeformac.com" <...

Batch printing problem w/ Report Writer
I'm trying to print pick list batches from Great Plains and my comments fields are getting mixed up. Example: order 1 has comment "don't send with tags" and this shows up on Order 2, 3, etc. Sometimes Order 1 has a blank comment. I can't figure out how to repair this. If I pull up the individual order and print the pick ticket, it is fine. It's only when I print from the sales batch screen. We are currently using Report Writer for our forms. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Hello Jeanie In Report Writer you want to double check the "...

wiki as default page of a site
Hi, I created a site on our Share point and a have a Calendar Web part on the first page. I created a Wiki and got a link in the left navigation pane. How do I edit the first page of the site to show the fisr wiki page at the beginning insted of the calendar? Thanks Mitja 1. Site Actions > Site Settings > Site Features 2. Find the "Wiki Page Home Page" feature. 3. Click the "Activate" button next to it. "mitja" wrote: > Hi, > > I created a site on our Share point and a have a Calendar Web part on the > first page. ...

print area printing problem
Hi: I am attempting to print a number of seperate columns which are all seperated by columns i don't want to print. When i select the columns(using the control button) and attempt to print the selection, each of the selected columns print on their own seperate page. How can I get them to print next to each other on the same page? Thank you. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "koki" <koki.yuhfy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:koki.yuhfy@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi: > > I am attempting to print a number of seperate columns which...

How to suppress #VALUE!
After setting up functions, the spreadsheet appears ugly when there are empty input cells. Is there any method in suppressing the display of #VALUE! etc, say assigning white colour to these error words? Thanks! Fix the errors, dont just hide them, eg Instead of your_formula that appears to give you the error when an input cell is empty (assume it is A1), try =IF(A1="","",your_formula) -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�-------------------...

Printing hidden comments
I have created a spreadsheet that cells will be marked with an X in order to track a persons particiapation in different activities. I would like to link all of these cells to the header cell for that column which will have a comment attached. The purpose is so that if the cell is marked I would like that to tell Excel to type the comment instead of the X. Is this possible. You could have another set of columns that link to the first set, and show those for printing. For example, if your marked columns are D:F, enter the following formula in cell G2: =IF(E2="X",E$1,&quo...

Create Report On the Fly
I have a form with several multi list boxes. Once a row(s) is selected, a WHERE string is built, deletes an existing Query, and then builds a new Query1 with that Where string criteria. I then build a Crosstab query with the Query1 criteria. This works very well and vey fast. Instead of opening the Crosstab Query (as code shows), I would like to display the retrieved data in an AutoReport: Tabular design. Because the row values in my lstGroup box will change (required selection; have yet to code), I will need to delete/create/replace the existing report with the new values in t...

Links within page
This should be very easy, BUT can't figure it out. Excel 2003. I have a single sheet with 7 columns and around 550 rows. I made an Index on the top area of the spread sheet with the idea of linking to areas bellow. I know how to link to something like B450, but what I want is to link to the CONTENT on that cell, so if I insert or delete a row above B450 the link stay intact. Thanks, Erich You want a formula to always return whatever is in B450? If yes, you can use: =indirect("b450") No matter what you insert or delete, you'll always get the value in B450. Erich Koch ...

printing half page
Prints full text of page on half of printed page. Printer set-up set at one (1)page. No adjustments correct. Word 2000, 2000 professional. Shoot. ...

Solver internal error sensitivity report
Hello, I use the solver add-in in the German version of Excel 2007. When I try to generate sensitivity reports I get an error message: unexpected internal error. The generation works once when I uninstall and re-install the add-in. Obviously it is not an option to re-install the add-in for each sensitivity report... Any ideas what the cause may be? Any suggestions how to solve the issue? Thanks. Patrick ...

Reporting Bugs
I've had it with dealing with MS Money support. I've identified an obvious bug in MS Money 2005 Small Business with printing checks. I'm 99% percent sure that I know what the problem is. I've opened the case twice with MS Support with the ultimate responses of "that's how the product works" and "send requests to mswish@microsoft.com and maybe they'll include your request in a future version". My question is: Is anyone aware of a better way of communicating problems to the Money Development team? Going through MS Support does not rectify t...

Why is printed page different than print preview?
I have a newsletter that I mail merge with an Excel file. Last month it printed fine but this month several things change when I print. I previewed one of the merged newsletters and it still looks fine. But when I actually print SOME of my indentations have increased causing me to lose wording. Since everything looks fine in Publisher program I don't know what to do to correct, changing spacing won't help. Any suggestions? Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about printer drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix the problems you ar...

INFO: OneNote 2007 Print Driver =?UTF-8?B?4oCTIDY0IGJpdCBYUFMyT24=?= =?UTF-8?B?ZU5vdGUgcHJpbnQgZHJpdmVyIFVQREFURUQ=?=
Please look here: http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2009/11/27/onenote-print-driver-64-bit-xps2onenote-print-driver-updated.aspx Bernd ...

Printing the properties of an object
I am attempting to document some of the objects in my database (Access 2007) As an example, how can I print the properties of a form named frmUnpaid_Accts I have tried using HELP, but can seem to find anything - did MS change the way it works, because it looks and feels different to me. Kelli Kelli, You should be able to do that through the Database Documentor, which is accessable through... Database Tools/Analyzer/DatabaseDocumentor -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP 2007-2009 http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a...

Suppressing
I have a report that has a table with basically one grouping. I have sever rows of the same group and another table inside each of the rows. So basically I have 25 rows od the same group with a different table inside eavh row. So table inside of a table. My problem is that whenever one of the group tables has no data, it still shows whitespace and I cant get it to suppress when its blank. Any ideas? hi, can you set the width=0 and then set the visible for that row=false. Regards VB "Ben Watts" wrote: > I have a report that has a table with basica...

Missing data when printing
I'm not sure if this is an Excel or OS problem. I'm using Excel 2000 on Windows 98. On the third page of a four page sheet data is missing at the bottom of page 3 on the print out and in print preview. The same sheet previews and prints correctly using Excel 2000 on Windows XP. Hi Walt....... When you say the "same sheet" prints ok on XP.............it matters if the two files came from the same source, as one could have been saved with a different PrintArea set than the other..........I would suggest you go to the XP computer and save the file to a floppy and then go ope...

How do I use the Report Manager add-in in Excel 97?
At work I use Excel 97 (at home 2003). This is a work project. I don't know how and can't find information on how to use the Report Manager. Help tells me that I need to create Views and Scenarios, but I just don't understand. Are there examples out there for me to see? I'm not even sure it's the right tool to use. I have Data in a worksheet for class scheduling. It's done in a list/database style. The top row has all of the field names and the rest is raw data. I have a field, "Supervisor", "Employee Name", then fields for classes I t...

How to suppress "Entourage cannot find server" message when offline?

Printing from Outlook
Lets say you have a 30 page email. What happens if you want to print only pages 3-5. Outlook does not provide this option as far as i can tell. Outlook Express does give this option. Any idea how to enable it on Outlook? Thanks Yes i have the same problem. >-----Original Message----- >Lets say you have a 30 page email. What happens if you >want to print only pages 3-5. Outlook does not provide >this option as far as i can tell. Outlook Express does >give this option. Any idea how to enable it on Outlook? > >Thanks >. > It would be nice if you could ...

How to stop Word 2003 printing confirmations after document is pri
Can someone please assist me with my problem - it's an unnecessary waste of paper and ink It's only happening to my computer & just started this morning - i haven't changed any settings on Word 2003 nor is it the fault with our printer. It's pretty annoying. Please advise asap. Thanks! Hi AnneL, I suspect someone has gone to Tools|Options|Print and checked the 'Document Properties' option ... -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "AnneL" <AnneL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38E30A3D-BAFC-4F07-B776-C...

report 941 #2
The IRS has updated Form 941 for 2005. We would like this format to be reflected in the standard report layout For cross company 941 report http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f941.pdf Information concerning the 941 forms is posted on the Payoll Tax download site. "941 changes will be included in our next Tax Update Release. This is scheduled to be available Mid - April." This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "jnason" wrote: > The IRS has updated Form 941 for 2005. We would like this format to be > reflected in ...

Page number indicator
A feature of my MS Word 2003 documents is that a page number is shown at the foot (not in the document itself) that shows where the current page is in the sequence of the document; e.g. 34/56. This feature has disappeared from my programme and I cannot find a way to get it back. It is important to me in my work that I should regain this feature. Can someone please help me? Your description is a tad vague. 1. If you cannot see the Footer (and Header) area(s), the see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/WhiteSpace.htm. 2. If you do see the Footer area, double click in this, does ...