Suppress printing of Subreport on the next page of the same group?

I am trying to print a summary page (subreport) followed by details. When it
overflow to the next page, I do not want the summary page to appear again for
the same group. How can I suppress printing of this report following a page
break?

I am pretty new to programming and I guess I need more details.

Thanks

Put the subreport in its own group section.

--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008

"Kevin T" <KevinT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to print a summary page (subreport) followed by details. When
>it
> overflow to the next page, I do not want the summary page to appear again
> for
> the same group. How can I suppress printing of this report following a
> page
> break?
>
> I am pretty new to programming and I guess I need more details.
>
> Thanks

0
John
2/5/2008 5:53:33 PM
I believe the subreport is already in its own group (VENDOR). The subreport
prints 1 line summary totals for each month, therefore it is variable
depending which month we are in.  After printing the summary lines, i
continue to print the detail line for the current month.  And this is another
variable number of lines. When it exceed the page, it goes to the next page
and it repeats all the header and so forth but the summary is printed again
at this break.

sample

------PAGE HEADER--------
COMPANY ABC
VENDOR 123

----VENDOR HEADER--------
   SUBREPORT (BEGINS HERE)
     SUMMARY LINE 1
     SUMMARY LINE 2

-----DETAIL-----------
MAIN REPORT
   DETAIL LINE 1
   DETAIL LINE 2
   DETAIL LINE ........

When a page break is encountered, it prints the VENDOR HEADER again. How can
I suppress that header again on the 2nd page forward for the same vendor.

Thanks

"John Spencer" wrote:

> Put the subreport in its own group section.
>
> --
> John Spencer
> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008
> Center for Health Program Development and Management
> University of Maryland Baltimore County
> ..
>
> "Kevin T" <KevinT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to print a summary page (subreport) followed by details. When
> >it
> > overflow to the next page, I do not want the summary page to appear again
> > for
> > the same group. How can I suppress printing of this report following a
> > page
> > break?
> >
> > I am pretty new to programming and I guess I need more details.
> >
> > Thanks

Change the Repeat Section property of the group to NO.  That should work to
print the Vendor header only one time.

--

>I believe the subreport is already in its own group (VENDOR). The subreport
> prints 1 line summary totals for each month, therefore it is variable
> depending which month we are in.  After printing the summary lines, i
> continue to print the detail line for the current month.  And this is
> another
> variable number of lines. When it exceed the page, it goes to the next
> page
> and it repeats all the header and so forth but the summary is printed
> again
> at this break.
>
> sample
>
> ------PAGE HEADER--------
> COMPANY ABC
> VENDOR 123
>
> ----VENDOR HEADER--------
>   SUBREPORT (BEGINS HERE)
>     SUMMARY LINE 1
>     SUMMARY LINE 2
>
> -----DETAIL-----------
> MAIN REPORT
>   DETAIL LINE 1
>   DETAIL LINE 2
>   DETAIL LINE ........
>
> When a page break is encountered, it prints the VENDOR HEADER again. How
> can
> I suppress that header again on the 2nd page forward for the same vendor.
>
> Thanks
>

> "John Spencer" wrote:
>
>> Put the subreport in its own group section.
>>
>> --
>> John Spencer
>> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008
>> Center for Health Program Development and Management
>> University of Maryland Baltimore County
>> ..
>>
>> "Kevin T" <KevinT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am trying to print a summary page (subreport) followed by details.
>> >When
>> >it
>> > overflow to the next page, I do not want the summary page to appear
>> > again
>> > for
>> > the same group. How can I suppress printing of this report following a
>> > page
>> > break?
>> >
>> > I am pretty new to programming and I guess I need more details.
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
John
2/6/2008 1:19:53 PM
On Feb 5, 12:47 pm, Kevin T <Kev...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I believe the subreport is already in its own group (VENDOR). The subreport
> prints 1 line summary totals for each month, therefore it is variable
> depending which month we are in.  After printing the summary lines, i
> continue to print the detail line for the current month.  And this is another
> variable number of lines. When it exceed the page, it goes to the next page
> and it repeats all the header and so forth but the summary is printed again
> at this break.
>
> sample
>
> ------PAGE HEADER--------
> COMPANY ABC
> VENDOR 123
>
> ----VENDOR HEADER--------
>    SUBREPORT (BEGINS HERE)
>      SUMMARY LINE 1
>      SUMMARY LINE 2
>
> -----DETAIL-----------
> MAIN REPORT
>    DETAIL LINE 1
>    DETAIL LINE 2
>    DETAIL LINE ........
>
> When a page break is encountered, it prints the VENDOR HEADER again. How can
> I suppress that header again on the 2nd page forward for the same vendor.
>
> Thanks
>
> "John Spencer" wrote:
> > Put the subreport in its own group section.
>
> > --
> > John Spencer
> > Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2008
> > Center for Health Program Development and Management
> > University of Maryland Baltimore County
> > ..
>
> > "Kevin T" <Kev...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I am trying to print a summary page (subreport) followed by details. When
> > >it
> > > overflow to the next page, I do not want the summary page to appear again
> > > for
> > > the same group. How can I suppress printing of this report following a
> > > page
> > > break?
>
> > > I am pretty new to programming and I guess I need more details.
>
> > > Thanks
move the page header stuff to the report header which only print once
per report

------PAGE HEADER--------   ==> ------Report  HEADER--------
COMPANY ABC
VENDOR 123
0
derek

manual page breaks and missing cell borders
When I have a large cell that spans two pages and apply a manual page break, the cell border does not appear at the bottom of the page. Any help out there? Thanks. ...

Printing a sports program
I am trying to print a program for our football team. The way it should look is that it will have 2 covers. Meaning that you can open it one way to have home team information, turn it over and then you could open it and have the away team information. In the middle is both the teams rosters. Well, when I print this I know that I will have to have some of the pages upside down. I was wondering how this is possible in publisher. I have all of the pages created and now i just need them to be turned completly upside down. I am using 11x17 booklet format in Publisher 2003. Please hel...

Making no control have focus (property page)
I am using a CPropertyPageEx in Wizard mode. The only controls on it are some statics and 3 readonly edit controls. When the page is displayed I don't want any control to have focus (because it would look to the user like I was trying to draw his attention to a particular control, which is not the case). All the user is supposed to do is check that the content of the edit boxes is correct and press 'Next'. What is happening is that a certain one of the edit boxes is 'fully' selected (all blue). Why that particular one, I am not sure. (BTW I am calling UpdateData(FALSE) in...

print area printing problem
Hi: I am attempting to print a number of seperate columns which are all seperated by columns i don't want to print. When i select the columns(using the control button) and attempt to print the selection, each of the selected columns print on their own seperate page. How can I get them to print next to each other on the same page? Thank you. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "koki" <koki.yuhfy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:koki.yuhfy@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi: > > I am attempting to print a number of seperate columns which...

wiki as default page of a site
Hi, I created a site on our Share point and a have a Calendar Web part on the first page. I created a Wiki and got a link in the left navigation pane. How do I edit the first page of the site to show the fisr wiki page at the beginning insted of the calendar? Thanks Mitja 1. Site Actions > Site Settings > Site Features 2. Find the "Wiki Page Home Page" feature. 3. Click the "Activate" button next to it. "mitja" wrote: > Hi, > > I created a site on our Share point and a have a Calendar Web part on the > first page. ...

Print fill effects
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel How can I print the fill effects I added to my word document? I would also like it to show up if I save as a PDF document. <br><br>Thanks. Go to File>Print and change "Copies and Pages" to "Microsoft Word" Then click "Word Options" and switch on "Options for current document only">"Print background colours and images". Cheers On 26/03/10 10:27 AM, in article 59bb5f92.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "joeshmoe@officeformac.com" <...

Batch printing problem w/ Report Writer
I'm trying to print pick list batches from Great Plains and my comments fields are getting mixed up. Example: order 1 has comment "don't send with tags" and this shows up on Order 2, 3, etc. Sometimes Order 1 has a blank comment. I can't figure out how to repair this. If I pull up the individual order and print the pick ticket, it is fine. It's only when I print from the sales batch screen. We are currently using Report Writer for our forms. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! Hello Jeanie In Report Writer you want to double check the "...

how do I set up to make 4 post cards to an 8 X 11.5 page?
I would like to make 4 post cards on one page, 8 X 11.5 paper. Or 4 sections of the 8 X11.5 paper to design the same postcard but repeated 4 times. How do I set up the template to do this? Assuming you mean 8�"x11" card stock this is how in Publisher 2000 but should be near the same in other versions of Publish. Start by setting up the Printer. File Printer setup Special Size Either select from the drop down menu Postcard (5.5 x 4.25 inch) Or put the dimensions in the size boxes Landscape OK Your work area will now be on the monitor. Select margins to be equal to or greater ...

Importing from web page
Can anyone help? How do you import a table from an HTML file (Web Page) onto an excel worksheet? Thanks in advance. >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone help? > >How do you import a table from an HTML file (Web Page) >onto an excel worksheet? > >Thanks in advance. >. >Amy 1. Display the worksheet upon which you wish to import the table, Then 2.Choose Data...Get External Data....New Web Query from the menu bar, then 3.Enter the filename of the HTML file; or click Browse Web to display the desired web page from the web with Internet Explorer and click t...

How to suppress #VALUE!
After setting up functions, the spreadsheet appears ugly when there are empty input cells. Is there any method in suppressing the display of #VALUE! etc, say assigning white colour to these error words? Thanks! Fix the errors, dont just hide them, eg Instead of your_formula that appears to give you the error when an input cell is empty (assume it is A1), try =IF(A1="","",your_formula) -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ------------------------------�-------------------...

Printing hidden comments
I have created a spreadsheet that cells will be marked with an X in order to track a persons particiapation in different activities. I would like to link all of these cells to the header cell for that column which will have a comment attached. The purpose is so that if the cell is marked I would like that to tell Excel to type the comment instead of the X. Is this possible. You could have another set of columns that link to the first set, and show those for printing. For example, if your marked columns are D:F, enter the following formula in cell G2: =IF(E2="X",E$1,&quo...

printing half page
Prints full text of page on half of printed page. Printer set-up set at one (1)page. No adjustments correct. Word 2000, 2000 professional. Shoot. ...

Links within page
This should be very easy, BUT can't figure it out. Excel 2003. I have a single sheet with 7 columns and around 550 rows. I made an Index on the top area of the spread sheet with the idea of linking to areas bellow. I know how to link to something like B450, but what I want is to link to the CONTENT on that cell, so if I insert or delete a row above B450 the link stay intact. Thanks, Erich You want a formula to always return whatever is in B450? If yes, you can use: =indirect("b450") No matter what you insert or delete, you'll always get the value in B450. Erich Koch ...

Why is printed page different than print preview?
I have a newsletter that I mail merge with an Excel file. Last month it printed fine but this month several things change when I print. I previewed one of the merged newsletters and it still looks fine. But when I actually print SOME of my indentations have increased causing me to lose wording. Since everything looks fine in Publisher program I don't know what to do to correct, changing spacing won't help. Any suggestions? Microsoft Office Publisher 2003 and older are critical about printer drivers. Usually upgrading (or downgrading in some cases) will fix the problems you ar...

INFO: OneNote 2007 Print Driver =?UTF-8?B?4oCTIDY0IGJpdCBYUFMyT24=?= =?UTF-8?B?ZU5vdGUgcHJpbnQgZHJpdmVyIFVQREFURUQ=?=
Please look here: http://blogs.msdn.com/david_rasmussen/archive/2009/11/27/onenote-print-driver-64-bit-xps2onenote-print-driver-updated.aspx Bernd ...

Printing the properties of an object
I am attempting to document some of the objects in my database (Access 2007) As an example, how can I print the properties of a form named frmUnpaid_Accts I have tried using HELP, but can seem to find anything - did MS change the way it works, because it looks and feels different to me. Kelli Kelli, You should be able to do that through the Database Documentor, which is accessable through... Database Tools/Analyzer/DatabaseDocumentor -- hth Al Campagna Microsoft Access MVP 2007-2009 http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html "Find a...

text box as label to appear when subreport does
I have a text box used as a label with the control source: ="Attributes" +IIf(IsNull([FillTemp_Label]),Null,"") I'd like to add a subreport to this: srptFGProcessingPacketPouchAtts. Can this be done? Thanks! -- www.Marzetti.com What do you want to do? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "JohnLute" wrote: > I have a text box used as a label with the control source: > ="Attributes" +IIf(IsNull([FillTemp_Label]),Null,"") > > I'd like to add a subreport to this: srptFGProcessingPacketPouchAtts. > > Can this be...

Suppressing
I have a report that has a table with basically one grouping. I have sever rows of the same group and another table inside each of the rows. So basically I have 25 rows od the same group with a different table inside eavh row. So table inside of a table. My problem is that whenever one of the group tables has no data, it still shows whitespace and I cant get it to suppress when its blank. Any ideas? hi, can you set the width=0 and then set the visible for that row=false. Regards VB "Ben Watts" wrote: > I have a report that has a table with basica...

Visio Web Page Problem
I have export a Visio Drawing to a web page however when I CTRL + Click on an object to see the details a new IE browser pops up with my default home page. Why isn't this working? ...

Missing data when printing
I'm not sure if this is an Excel or OS problem. I'm using Excel 2000 on Windows 98. On the third page of a four page sheet data is missing at the bottom of page 3 on the print out and in print preview. The same sheet previews and prints correctly using Excel 2000 on Windows XP. Hi Walt....... When you say the "same sheet" prints ok on XP.............it matters if the two files came from the same source, as one could have been saved with a different PrintArea set than the other..........I would suggest you go to the XP computer and save the file to a floppy and then go ope...

How to suppress "Entourage cannot find server" message when offline?

What's happened to the Sign In button for MS Discussion groups?
I don't see the Sign In button anymore on the MS Discussion groups pages. I'm only able to sign in through a convoluted method. Anyone else experiencing this, and what's the fix? Thanks, PatrickM On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 13:52:00 -0800, PatrickM <PatrickM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I don't see the Sign In button anymore on the MS Discussion groups pages. >I'm only able to sign in through a convoluted method. Anyone else >experiencing this, I've heard the complaint. >and what's the fix? Don't use the webpages at all. Most of th...

Printing from Outlook
Lets say you have a 30 page email. What happens if you want to print only pages 3-5. Outlook does not provide this option as far as i can tell. Outlook Express does give this option. Any idea how to enable it on Outlook? Thanks Yes i have the same problem. >-----Original Message----- >Lets say you have a 30 page email. What happens if you >want to print only pages 3-5. Outlook does not provide >this option as far as i can tell. Outlook Express does >give this option. Any idea how to enable it on Outlook? > >Thanks >. > It would be nice if you could ...

How to stop Word 2003 printing confirmations after document is pri
Can someone please assist me with my problem - it's an unnecessary waste of paper and ink It's only happening to my computer & just started this morning - i haven't changed any settings on Word 2003 nor is it the fault with our printer. It's pretty annoying. Please advise asap. Thanks! Hi AnneL, I suspect someone has gone to Tools|Options|Print and checked the 'Document Properties' option ... -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "AnneL" <AnneL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38E30A3D-BAFC-4F07-B776-C...

SECONDARY AXIS/series next to column
I have a chart with a secondary axis the series related to the first axis = column the series related to the secondary axis = XY scatter the problem is that (most of) the series (and labels) related to the 2nd axis are next to the column instead of in the column/above the column (of the series related to the first axis) thanks for your help ! ...