Subreport Height not Grow/Shrink when change Page

Hello,

I have a calendar report which uses 30 copies of a sub-report to
build
each day. Working just fine except:

Let's say January 16th, there are 2 items to be listed for that date
and the sub-report grows to a height of 0.5".

I hit Next Page, go to February. There are now 4 items that need to
be
listed in that box. But instead of growing to accomodate these 4
items, the box stays at the 0.5" from January, and thus cuts off the
February data.

I have set Can Grow and Can Shrink everywhere -- in the sub-report
details, on the sub-report control, and on the main report details. It
DOES successfully grow and shrink on initial open, but just won't
adjust the height on page turn.

The subreport hieghts are being set on Page #1, and will not grow or
shrink to adjust to the page 2 data.

Any ideas on how to force a sub-report to grow/shrink when a page is
turned?

Thanks

1
wrldruler

Thanks for the advice. Should have thought of that considering I used
that sample DB to build the report to start with.

Unfortunetly, I compared my DB versus the sample and can find no
logical reason for the behavior. The sample DB does not do anything
special to grow/shrink.

Another symptom: I put a textbox with Count(*) on the sub-report. In
January, let's say subrpt15 has a count of 5, which is correct. I
switch to February. That same subrpt shows 2 pieces of data, yet the
count is stuck at 5. So the Count doesn't refresh either when I switch
pages.

Thanks,

Chris

On Jul 27, 9:58 am, Duane Hookom <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com>
wrote:
> You might want to check out the calendar reports athttp://www.access.hookom.net/Samples.htm. The subreports all grow as expected.
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP

0
wrldruler
7/27/2007 4:37:48 PM
I had an earlier problem where my data was not refreshing at all when
I moed from page to page.

So I am doing a Me.subrt.Requery now and that fixed the data refresh
problem, but still have a lingering grow/shrink "refresh" problem.

Thanks

On Jul 27, 2:14 pm, Duane Hookom <duanehookom@NO_SPAMhotmail.com>
wrote:
> Do you have any code running? You may need to requery the subreport or
> something similar to having to requery a chart control on a report.
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP

0
wrldruler

Combobox height increasing on ownerdraw property
In my MFC application , I set the property of the combobox control as onwnerdraw to override some drawing features. but the height of the control( not the height of the dropdown) is getting increased when I selected ownerdraw. I can see this difference when preview(Test) the dialog at the design time itself. Can you please suggest a method bring the combobox height to normal. Thankyou Francis "Francis Abraham" <francis_abraham@sify.com> wrote in message news:836872a3.0312182048.2fbc81e5@posting.google.com... > In my MFC application , I set the property of the combobox con...

"From:" Line Change
Before in Exchange 2000, the "From:" line for all incoming msgs will use the "Display Name" entry if the sender's e-mail address exist in the Global Address List. After upgrading to Exchange 2003, that funtionality does not exist anymore. Even if the sender's e-mail address exists in the Global Address List, this is ignored and the "From:" now line appears as per sender's own from line. How do I revert back to before? This change is for the better, because spammers and others would often spoof a valid address in your domain as the From addres...

changing shape of picture
I want to change an image from rectangular to oval or round. How do I do that in Publisher? I can't seem to find a straightforward way to accomplish this. I'm using Publisher 2002. Thanks, Brenda Hi Brenda, Using Microsoft Publisher 2002: 1. Draw an Autoshape that matches your prefered shaped (from the object toolbar on the left side of your Publisher window) 2. Right click on this shape and choose Format Autoshape 3. Under the Colors and Lines Tab, go to the Color Fill and choose Fill Effects 4. Now choose the Picture tab. Browse to your picture and click ok. Brian Kvalhe...

Total from SubReport Data But Not in SubReport
Hello, This is probably pretty simple, but I have created a report where the main display is a subreport of items ordered by the customer order and price. I would like to total the prices in the main report, but not from a total on the subreport. The price field is called Expr5. I have tried =Sum([Expr5]), but this gives and #Error I can't figure out what you are asking. If you don't want the total from the subreport, what do you want? Values displayed in a report must come from somewhere. "Expr5" means nothing to any of us other than you haven't taken the time ...

Changing the order of names...
Ron and Pete... What you had suggested for my earlier question "worked" for a file I created, but I wasn't able to change it in the file I received...I'm guessing its protected?? Secondly..the names came across as (eg) Smith,Jane...is there a way to change that order also for 2100 names?? Thanks again! Mickie wrote: > Ron and Pete... > What you had suggested for my earlier question "worked" for a file I > created, but I wasn't able to change it in the file I received...I'm guessing > its protected?? > Secondly..the names came across as (...

Page break before subreport if subreport has data
How can I create a page break before the subreport if and only if the subreport has data? Some records will have no data in the subreport, and I don't want an unnecessary page break in those instances. Thank you, Kathy Add a page break control and some code like: Me.PgBrkName.Visible = Me.subrptName.Report.HasData -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Kathy Webster" wrote: > How can I create a page break before the subreport if and only if the > subreport has data? > Some records will have no data in the subreport, and I don't want an > unnecessary pag...

CFO want me RMS Certified to support our growing operation
My company has been growing 20% each year and my CFO want me to get certified like our System Admin as with MCSA. Why can't customer get RMS Certified? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/...

Mistake of changing decimal into whole numbers
Earlier in the year we rec'd a spreadsheet for prices. The format was 2.30, 1.05 etc. to make it simpler, someone change it to 230, 105 and the decimals was assumed after the 1st digit. Now the customer wants it back to 2.30 vs 230 but the format has been permanently changed. Is there any hope here of changing it back? Try this: Put 0.01 in a blank cell Copy that cell Select the range of number you want to move the decimal point on. Edit>Paste Special Check: Multiply and Values Click [OK] (If that doesn't do what you want....Edit>Undo) Does that help? *********** Reg...

Change Folder List Font Type
Anyone know who to customize and change the Folder List Font Type in Outlook XP? I believe it's tied to your Windows font settings -- you'd need to play with those and see which setting controls the font used in Outlook's folder list. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:03fe01c3933b$933c9340$a101280a@phx.gbl, Paul wrote: > Anyone know who to customize and change the Folder List > Font Type in Outlook XP? ...

update source & changes chart
Hi First, how do i get rid of the slider on the left in this group showing all of the group choices Second, is there a way to automaticely update the source data. I am inserting a new line of data at the top of and existing data set and like adding data at the top of a formula, etc excel does not recognize the new data. Does not appear that charting includes the "titles", thus allowing to add the new data with auto update Third, when I go in and manualy update the source, by changing the row number from 3 to 2, picking up the new row added, the chart changes. It is a time series ch...

Changing the ActiveCell
I want to Select and copy several block of data based on where the initial ActiveCell is locate. The following copys the first block. Dim StartingCell As String Dim EndingCell As String Dim RowOffset As Integer Dim ColOffset As Integer RowOffset = 2 ColOffset = 3 StartingCell = ActiveCell.Address EndingCell = ActiveCell.Offset(RowOffset, ColOffset).Address Worksheets("Sheet1").Range(StartingCell & ":" & EndingCell).Copy _ Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("Jeff") Now, "Logically" I ...

Font change
I have a 500 page document with many text blocks that are using different fonts. I would like to changa ALL the fonts to Arial. What is the easiest way to do this. Thanks, Lisette I don't know that there will be an easy way. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Lizzzet" <LizzzetNOCAPS@dc.rr.com> wrote in message news:Ofl17n0qEHA.3760@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I have a 500 page document with many text blocks that are using different >fonts. I would like to changa ALL the fonts to Arial. What is the easiest >way to do this. > Thanks, > Li...

Change Excel Settings
How does one remove the highlight of a cell when it is clicked on and remove the right click dialog box? Ronbo AFAIK first item cannot be done, although you could lock all cells and not allow locked cells to be selected(if using xl2002 or 2003). Second item requires VBA Application.CommandBars("Cell").Enabled = False Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 10:09:02 -0800, "Ronbo" <Ronbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How does one remove the highlight of a cell when it is clicked on and remove >the right click dialog box? ...

enormous formula bar and row height on opening excel
every time I open excel I get a huge formula bar and row height is set at 76.7 please advise regards, chris ...

Reports and SubReports Spacing
I have an AC2003 report. That main report (Main) has 4 subreport controls on it (Sub1-4). Each of the reports associated with the subreport controls may or may not have data in the corresponding table to report on. The Main report has the following layout: Main - Sub1 - Sub 2 - Sub 3 - Sub 4 When Main runs, if one of the subreports is blank, the area for that subreport is blank (expected), but if any of the subsequent subreports do have data, those subreports display in their position. In the following example, subreport 2 has no data Example ...

group sections in a report to print or generate subreport
Hello all, Is it possible to generate a report (or a subreport) that will allow a separate report for each server (for grouping and printing purposes) if I have many server names (with DB, Apps, etc.) in one huge report. Maybe using a button on the large, main report (with all server names) to print the server name on the current page along with the server's information? Or instead of printing maybe there could be another button that could generate a subreport of that current page's server and it's information? My question is: After generating a report, how does one go about gr...

Change Text Case
Anyone know how to change the case (from all caps to lower case, or just first letter cap) without retyping all the text in a worksheet? Thanks! a formula =lower(a1) =proper(a1) -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Chel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09A9342E-9DED-4BB7-8C08-1DA31E7CEBCB@microsoft.com... > Anyone know how to change the case (from all caps to lower case, or just first letter cap) without retyping all the text in a worksheet? Thanks! Chel, You can use a macro like the following: Sub ConvertCase() Dim Rng As ...

How to change the title of a CPropertyPage?
I would like to change the title of a property page. I have tried to SetWindowText but it does not work. Is there a solution? Thank you in advance. Pierre Couderc See if the following KB article helps you http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q141487 -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Pierre Couderc" <pierre@couderc.cc> wrote in message news:bfrau1$1mnu$1@biggoron.nerim.net... > I would like to change the title of a property page. > I have tried to SetWindowText but it does not work. > Is there ...

How do I convert an Access form into a data access page?
Is there a way to do this instead of redesigning a data access page? "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > Is there a way to do this instead of redesigning a data access page? It may not be such a great move to do so... Data Access Pages have always been limited, weren't well accepted, and have been "deprecated" in Access 2007 -- existing ones are still supported, but you can't modify them or create new ones with Access 2007. They are "on the way out." Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP ...

Change certificate
We have front-end exchange 2003 owa server with a custom made certificate configured with SSL. With the introduction of IE7, a error is shown saying that the certificate is not valid and not trusted and you should not continue. If you click on continue to this page things work as normal. However, we would like to purchase a proper verisign certificate so that we do not get the error messages displayed. How would I change this so that we use the new certificate instead of the custom made one. Many thanks in advance. On 29 Jan 2007 08:02:37 -0800, "justsimplequestions" <s...

How can I change the font and text size that occurs for all email?
I use Outlook 2003 and want to alter the font and text size for all email messages that I create See this article: Change the text font http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP052426961033.aspx?pid=CH063564791033 -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:818454B9-C709-486A-A99B-520164F90B94@microsoft.com... >I use Outlook 2003 and want to alter the font and text size for all email > messages that I create ...

change the frequency of downloading email in Outlook?
Can someone please help me, I can't find the way to change the email download frequency for Outlook. Version? In 2003, it's Tools-->Options, Mail Setup tab. Click on Send/Receive button, and change the value in "Schedule an automatic send/receive every..." ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "NewPJ" <NewPJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50F2B232-FE10-486A-A12B-0861C45C7B69@microsoft.com... > Can someone please help me, I can't find the way to change the email download > frequency for Outlook. "Anne ...

Exchange 2003 with OWA
Hello, We are running Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition SP2 and have Outlook Web Access running. We are going to implement a domain-wide password policy so that the passwords change every 90 days. Is there a way for OWA users to receive the prompt to change their password? Thanks. ...

linking to a range changes
hi, ive made a sheet where i'm linking a cell to another using =$a$ formula. But when i cut and paste the value in a1, my link goes to referenc fault. I thought if i used the $ signs the link wouldn't change. I there any way to fix this? /jock -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try =INDIRECT("A1") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > hi, ive made a sheet where i'm linking a cell to another using =$a$1 > formula. > But when i cut and paste the value in a1, my link goes to reference > fault. I thought if i used the $ signs the lin...

Excel 2003 & cutting/pasting text from web pages
When I cut text from a web page, Excel then tries to connect again to that web page to setup some sort of auto-update option. This is very annoying, especially if all I want to do is copy & paste the text/numerical contents from an (https) web page onto a sheet - I can see this since the desktop firewall I'm using (Sygate) keeps complaining about Excel attempting to connect to the web..... * How do I disable that feature - the copy operation should be over & done with after Ctrl+C THIS Feature is not a "productivity" enhancement... Steve You should copy, pa...