Sub Report Link with Stored Procedures

Hello, I am having a problem with a report and subreport.  The main report is
a stored procedure and there are 3 parameters (@EndDate datetime,@ChartID
int,@GroupID int).  I provide the values in the "Input Parameter" of the Main
report.  For the Sub Report, I have the same three parameters and I place the
values also in the "Input Parameter" of the sub report.  The field that I
link the sub report to the main report on is "AcctLogID".  The problem is
this link.  If I change the control source of the sub report to just a
regular query, the report runs fine but the sub report includes all records
regardless of date.  If I try to set the record source (Select ....where
EndDate=" & "'" form_frmCAcctRept.txtEndDate.value & "'") of the sub report,
when the sub report opens for the first time it is fine but then I get a
popup telling me that I can't set the recordsource once the report has
printed.  I guess my question is, how can you use stored procedures in the
main report and sub report but keep the proper link?  For example, instead of
getting

AcctLogID 3
        Detail Records (for AcctLogID 3)
AcctLogID 4
        Detail Records (for AcctLogID 4)

I am getting

AcctLogID 3
        Detail Records (for AcctLogID 3)
       Detail Records (for AcctLogID 4)
AcctLogID 4
       Detail Records (for AcctLogID 3)
        Detail Records (for AcctLogID 4)

 Any help would be VERY appreciated!!  I am pretty much at my wit's end!
TGIF

Fixed row and header report
Hi, I have a requirement to have a report - SQL 2005 Reporting services ... SQL output: ID DateId FiscalYear FiscalPeriod TotalBooksTaken ReturnedBooks Store 1 20101001 09/10 2010-07 989 756 Store 1 1 20101001 09/10 2010-07 456 343 Store 2 1 20101001 09/10 2010-07 1456 1343 Store 3 2 YTD 09/10 ...

Duplicating MainForm, SubForm and Sub-SubForm
Hello Everyone, I have an Order Entry Form composed of a MainForm, a SubForm and 2 Sub- Subforms. The SubForm is a continuous form. The two Sub-SubForms are children of a SubForm via a foreign key (which is the Primary Key of a SubForm). There are some instances when customers revised their order by changing just the amount of orders or by just removing one item and the rest are the same. To do this, I would like to keep the initial order (record) and create another record by duplicating the first order then change the amount (or remove an item whatever the case maybe) on the new record. The...

Outlook 2000 Sub folder
Hi I am using outlook 2000 and I have a created a subfolder in my inbox however I am unable to view the folder My Shortcuts on the left hand side of the screen where all my other sub folders are located. In the navigation bar at the top of my pane there is an icon called "move to Folder" and the folder is located here. I am unable to find the location of the folder therefore unable to open the folder or move it to "My shortcuts" I am in need of your expertise. I am ok with computers and can follow instructions so please please please help. Thanking you in ...

Report Issue
I have a report that prints all of the Employees Names for a group on a preprinted paper form. I am trying to duplicate the paper form in an Access 2003 report. All works great with a subform report with a block set up in columns and there are an even number of records. When there is an odd number of records I need either a blank record input or a few lines drawn on the subreport. HOW CAN I MAKE THIS HAPPEN based on the number of records in the query. -- Hansford D. Cornett ...

Opening Links in Safari
Is there a preferences pane I'm missing that would allow me to set Office (especially Entourage) to open embedded hyperlinks (in email, documents, etc.) in Safari, rather than in IE 5.2? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks Carroll Wills Office just picks up the setting from the OS. For some ridiculous reason, the OS setting is controlled from Safari's preferences. Set the default browser there, and Office will call that one instead. On 11/28/05 11:20 AM, "Carroll Wills" wrote: > > Is there a preferences pane I'm missing that would allow me to set &g...

Linking Sheets #2
I have a excel workbook in which there are 2 sheets there are numbers in sheet 1 column A what i want is that if i click the number in column A like A2, it find that number in sheet 2 and take u there something like a link thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This works if you double click on the cell in column A. It looks for a match in column A of sheet2. Rightclick on the worksheet tab that should have this behavior. Select View code and paste this in: Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, _ ...

X Report Printing
Here's my problem... I am unable to print a X, Z or ZZ report from my office printer. It will print to the receipt printer but I would like to be able to print it from the office on 8.5 x 11 paper. Does anyone have a template for this or know how I could go about setting this up so it will work. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks! In SO Manager, Database/Registers/Receipt Formats, create a new format - call it something like "Full Page". Under "Receipt and Report templates", the last entry is labeled "Report" - click the magnifying glass to ...

How to link yahoomail to Ms outlook?
a) you put text in your message with information. b) http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011133141033.aspx -- f.h. Microsoft Outlook MVP ...

Performance with SQL linked tables
Hi, My question is a application performance issue so maybe the wrong forum. I have a SQL Server 2005 Express database and connected Access 2003 clients. The performance seems to have degraded since moving from SQL 7. The users are seeing delays when clicking on menu optiosns that have open bound forms in Access. So I have been using the Profiler to have a look at things. I am filtering events SQL:Batchcompleted and RPC:Completed with duration > 10ms. I found some issues with the forms loading without filerting rows so i have changed it so it does not load any rows on opening. A...

Custom Report #4
Hi I am in the process of creating a custom report in Visual Studio. We are using CRM 4.0 and I chose not to use the report wizard as we require a more complex report. I have managed to create a simple report with our company logo and a table with details from the case entity. We need to create a service activity report which shows all the cases created for a specific customer during a specific time period. I have managed to make the report prefilterable and using the filter we can select the customer and the report will display a summary of each case logged for the customer. I now...

Active hyperlinks in Access 2007 Report
I am a long time Access user and I have a need to produce a report but within the report are hyuperlinks to PDF files that are on a web site. So, here is the scenario - a user has a database on their local machine and they can search the text of 1400+ different construction projects. They submit a search request and receive back a report of all the responses and within the answerset are hyperlinks to the actual PDF documents - but n the report output the hyperlinks are DEAD! Is there functionality to have LIVE hyperlinks?? Thanks in advance for any suggestions! ...

sub-process
What is the sub-process function in the workflow? How do you set one up? Why would you use it? A sub-process is a way to call a manual rule. If you create a manual rule in workflow called Rule A, in another rule you can insert a sub-process and select the manual rule to run. This is a helpful way to create loops and if/then rules that trigger other events. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "David M" wrote: > What is the sub-process function in the workflow? > How do you set one up? > Why would you use it? > ...

Finding links #3
Hi all, is there any way to quickly find/identify a link to anothe spreadsheet. I have been sent a spreadsheet that links to another the link is no longer required, but I still get a msg advising me o the link. Thanks -- Peter ----------------------------------------------------------------------- PeterG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1648 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38005 When I can't find links, I'll use Bill Manville's FindLink program: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm PeterG w...

Linked ListBox to TextBox
Hi All, Im Trying to Insert a unbound list box on my form, the form is linked to a single table "tbl_Status" The table consists of one field. "SelectStatus" Now on the form i have one text box that Scrolls through all the Status, but because there are so many status for people to scroll through i have inserted a unbound list box which have the record source as the same table "tbl'_Status" What i would like to happen is when i user selects a value from the list box, it is shown in the bound text box so then the user can change, or delete the Value. How do ...

E-Mail Report
I want to E-Mail a report. I know how to do that, but I don't want to send it as an attachement. How can I put the data of the report into the body of the E-Mail? Thanks DS ...

Spending by Category Report
I am using Money 2006 and trying to get a snapshot of my spending over the last 6 months by category. I am using the standard report for this, but for some reason I can't get it to show all my tranfers on the report. I have a lot of $ transferred each month to kids 529 accounts or IRAs and I want to see what my monthly "Grand Total" is including these transfers. I can't find any way to tell money to subtract these from the total in the reports. There is a "Transfer" category on the report, but the only thing it shows is a transfer for the principle paid o...

Reports Issues
> CRM and Reports are on the same box. SQL (named instance) is on a different > server. The following is true of our setup: > > -IE clients are setup to allow Kerberos Authentication > -We are not using Host Headers > -Everything is using the "Network Service" security account > -Our domain functional level is Windows 2003 > -CRM was installed by a domain admin > > When installing, I got an error message '...TrustForDelegationAction > Failed...' I was able to ignore the error and continue with the installation. > Now, when I am trying...

Maintaining links when renamining/moving files
I am about to restructure the network drive which contains thousands of excel files that have tens of thousands of links in total. Is there a way I can do this and maintain the links to all those files? Naturally the solution would need to be a global action - not an operation on a per file basis. Thanks. Hi, Lou. I don't know if there's a similar free product or not, but I was the project manager on this product, and actually, you can get it for 50% off on Wednesday. Here's the product: http://www.mrexcel.com/sunshop/index.php?action=item&substart=0&id=11 Here's ...

Sub, Private Sub, Public Sub
I got a different lap top and when I moved my Personal.xls from one to the other some of my macros were not on the list of macros when you go to tools>macros. Although when I look in the code they are there. I figured out that the ones that were "Private Sub" macros were no working. I also figured that when I changed them to just "Sub" they worked. I do know that if "It aint broke don't fix it, cus to try is usually to fix it till it is broke." But what is the difference between "Sub", "Private Sub", & "Public ...

Links Problem
I have multiple sheets in a workbook. I copy a cell from sheet1 to sheet2 and "paste as a link" it works fine. If I edit the pasted formula by changing the cell reference number the link breaks. Also, if I try to enter a linked formula directly it works (like ='sheet1'! $A$12), but if edit it after I enter it stops working. What am I doing wrong. I'm using excel 2000 sp 3 (if it matters) Thank you, Chris I don't understand your problem =sheet1!a1 is fine without spaces in the name. In fact, excel should correct if you use the ' for sheet names with space...

WLM Store Folders
I have two computers which I use for e-mail. They are networked, and I thought it would be useful if both could use the same store folder for mail so that I don't have to keep going from one to the other to find mail. When I try to change the store folder (options-advanced-maintenance-store folder-change) for my laptop to be the store folder on my desktop, I can see the Windows Live Mail folder on the desktop but all I can do is create a new folder, "OK" is greyed out... all folders on the network are greyed out - I cannot select any of them. Anyone got any ideas ...

Cascade current view to sub-folders
Hi, Is there any way I can set a custom View setting to a set of folders (e.g. set a view setting for a high-level folder and then have it cascade to all sub-folders)? By a custom View I mean the way that items in a folder shoud look - i.e. font settings and the like. Cheers, Stu ...

Fiscal Reporting Periods
Clients are having trouble printing financial statements for historical fiscal periods. Currently in GP 9 and 10, when creating a historical report in Advanced Financial (ie. Balance Sheet 2006), they must select the historical year and periods. Next year, they will have to change the historical year and period settings and save the report as Balance Sheet 2007. They feel that they should be able to create a historical report once, and save it (ie. Historical Balance Sheet). Whenever they would like to print a historical report, they simply select the appropriate year and print. -- ...

(Sub)totals
Hello everybody. I have the following problem: I have an Excel file with Column B 'Quantity' and column F 'Sector'. Now i need to count all the quantities within the same sector Sorting + AutoSum isn't an option, since the file has other calculations in it as well, that also depend on a sort. There's in my Dutch version a function 'DBSUM' and a function 'TURNTABEL.FETCH' ... these are translated terms, so I don't know if they match with English versions ... but could someone please tell me how these functions work, since i can't get them right (n...

Printing reports through VBA
A while ago, I was using the following 4 lines of code to print reports from an Access form: DoCmd.OpenReport ReportName, acViewPreview, , criteria, acWindowNormal On Error Resume Next DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdPrint DoCmd.Close acReport, ReportName, acSaveNo This allowed the windows Print box to be displayed so that the user could choose the appropriate printer and whatever print options he/she wanted. Now that we are using Access 2007, these 4 lines of code work about 80% of the time. The other 20% of the time, what prints out is a copy of the form on the ...