Stapling Reports

Hi,

Does anybody have any experience on how to get an Access report to
staple the pages in a group together? Is there an API in the printer
driver?

Regards

Bj=F8rn

0
iso

A bit printer-specific, no?  Most printers don't even do stapling.

"Bj�rn" <bjornsuneandersen@gmail.com> wrote in message
Hi,

Does anybody have any experience on how to get an Access report to
staple the pages in a group together? Is there an API in the printer
driver?

Regards

Bj�rn

0
Baz
7/31/2007 7:23:02 AM
As Baz points out, stapling is a function of the printer. You might try
contacting the printer manufacturer to see if they provide an API.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Bj�rn" <bjornsuneandersen@gmail.com> wrote in message
Hi,

Does anybody have any experience on how to get an Access report to
staple the pages in a group together? Is there an API in the printer
driver?

Regards

Bj�rn

0
Douglas
7/31/2007 11:24:39 AM
As far as my experience goes, all the printers that do stapling will only
staple the entire print job together.  If you are doing multiple collated
copies of the same document then it will staple each copy.  I know of no way
to staple sections of a document (report) together.

The only method I can think of that should work would be to print each group
as a separate report. You could probably use a VBA procedure to generate
each group as a separate report and loop through the report once for each
group.

--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007

"Bj�rn" <bjornsuneandersen@gmail.com> wrote in message
Hi,

Does anybody have any experience on how to get an Access report to
staple the pages in a group together? Is there an API in the printer
driver?

Regards

Bj�rn

0
John

staple marks
I have been through the help files and have exhasted all the other options for answers and this is my last resort. I am new to Publisher. I just created an 18 page booklet from scratch. It is for use in High Schools for students to plan their schedules with an occupation or college in their future plans. Anyway my question is ........... Is there somewhere in Publisher that would print marks on my pages for where there should be staples in the spine of the booklet? These are not absolutely necessary but they sure would be nice as a guide so that the pages wouldn't have to be fo...

Question for Milly Staples Out of Office Assistant
The mailbox is internal. We have a .com and .net structure=20 to our domain. Com for external use and Net for internal=20 use. Both are being handled by an Internal Exchange 2000=20 server. >-----Original Message----- >Is the sender internal or external to your Exchange=20 organization? If >external, this is by design for your own good. Depending=20 on the version of >Exchange, you can change this to allow replies and=20 forwards to the Internet, >but it is a BAD idea. > >--=81 >Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] > >Post all replies to the group to keep the discussio...

Z report Customization
Hi folks, How do i customize the z-report so that I can chose which department sales i want..for example..i only want to show department sales for: Produce Meat Candy instead of all the department sales... Thanks hi Fez, you can open the xreport.xml and find the Department Totals: you wil find the For loop there just go in that and add few condition like: <CONDITION> Report.Department.Name="Meat" /CONDITION> <THEN> <ROW> Report.Department.Name "|" Report.Department.Sales "|" Report.Department.PercentageS...

Hyperlink on Report
Hi, Is it possible, when we click on 1 of the record in Access, then we can go to the certain form/table?. So the layout looks like hyperlink on the Form. I know SQL can do that. Thank you in advance. KF -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200708/1 Interaction in Access 2003 and earlier is limited to Forms. Reports do not support user interaction. Some interaction is supported in Access 2007, but I haven't had any experience with that feature. Larry Linson Microsoft Access MVP "KimTong via AccessMonster.c...

Available date filters in all REPORTS
Hello, I am looking to find out what the available filters limits are in rms 2.0 reports? The field that i am speaking about are: FilterLoLim = "9/1/2007" FilterHilim = "9/24/2007" I am interested in setting it to last month. I have seen today, MonthStart, YearStart. But I cannot find any others and would like to get a list of all availabe options for these fields. Any help would be appreciated. I have seen another prersons request for this quesiton, but there was no response <MonthStart> Date of the first day of the month. <WeekStart> Date of...

Crystal Report Viewer
Does anyone have a simple working code example of using the Crystal Report Viewer in C/C++? Thanks, Antonin ...

Crystal Reports Version 08-20-03
What version of Crystal Reports 8.5 is recommended? From crystaldecisions website I see Standard, Professional, Developer, and Advanced. Which is the best choice or at least minimum? thx, Gary Gary I heard that you can buy a version of crystal which will only work against crm and is therefore cheaper.. give crystal a call and see what they say "Gary" <gary.rey@NOOOOSPAM.virtium.com> wrote in message news:OCpM2f2ZDHA.2572@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > What version of Crystal Reports 8.5 is recommended? From crystaldecisions > website I see Standard, Professional, Dev...

Report by classification?
Help! I've got a meeting with my tax guy tomorrow and I need to give him a list of my tax-deductable business expenses. I use Money 2003 Deluxe and in the "Categories & Payees" I setup a Classification named "Job Expenses" with a class named "Tax Deduction". But now when I got into Reports I can't find a way to create a report with just the "Tax Deduction" class pulled from multiple accounts. What am I missing? In microsoft.public.money, kubaton@gmail.com wrote: >Help! I've got a meeting with my tax guy tomorrow and I need to give ...

summing in report
I have a report that has a running sum of Total Hours and Total Money. The problem i have run into is, 14640 hours need to be multiplied by $45 and the rest of the hours from now on need to by multiplied by $51... How can I go about doing this without re-creating my report? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Wed, 11 Apr 2007 14:48:18 GMT, stephendeloach via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I have a report that has a running sum of Total Hours and Total Money. The > problem i have run into is, 14640 hours need to be multiplied by $45 and the > rest of the hours from n...

Monthly report on the volume of emails
Is there a way to get a report on the number emails sent and received on a Exchange 5.5 server? =?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW5Q?= <KevinP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:9D506F7E-7B78-48AF-89DB-37DB30C376A5@microsoft.com: > Is there a way to get a report on the number emails sent and received > on a Exchange 5.5 server? I'd suggest Promodag for this purpose. Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com ...

Automating Emailed Reports from Access
Hi, I have a database to track appointments for consultants. What I need to do is run a report for each consultant and email their individual reports to them. I'd like to be able to do this from one command button on the main form. Any ideas how I would do this? Thanks r. The way I have done this in the past is to: 1. Add an unbound textbox to your form (you can hide it). 2. Create your report, and have the query that supports it based on that unbound text box (consultant). 3. Then, in the code behind the Click event of your command button, create a recordset of consultants (SELEC...

Item counts on X Report
Currently we see Department sales and % of total sales. Is there a way to replace the "Report.Department.PercentageSales" variable with a total item count for sales in that department? ...

print deferral report without zero remaining balances
When printing the report (Reports - Financial - Deferral - Summary). The customer would like to be able to print the deferral report without any zero remaining balances. This currently cannot be achieved with Report Writer. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pan...

Reporting by Batches Follow Up
Following up on a 2/3/05 posting, Kevin Pham [MSFT] has solicited our input for reports needed. Look at the thread starting on 2/3 and post your requests. ...

Cannot view Reports in Business Portal
Hi, We are running Business Portal 2.5 on Great Plains 8 with Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition and Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server 2003. When we try to browse the sample reports at report list, there is nothing showing at the report viewer. These also happen to Frx reports that we have loaded at the share folder. Please advice. Thanks in advance. Cheers, Emily ...

How to get a report to default to a default printer...
Keeps saying "previously formatted for..." and asking for another printer that is not available, additionally, once we "redirect" it to an available printer, it will print THAT TIME, but will default back to the unavailable printer everytime it is opened. I didn't do anything in the code to set the printer so I'm a little baffled by this. Is there something that I CAN do in the code to keep the formatting as it should be? Example: Landscape, Legal paper and NOT to a specific printer? You can modify the report's printer and properties through c...

Report Scheduling Wizard For 3.0 Released
Microsoft has released a Report Scheduling Wizard For CRM 3.0. It can be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=a101d4d9-6463-4a45-899b-3c3ee979c4d0&DisplayLang=en Microsoft says: "Once installed, the Report Scheduling Wizard is available from the Reports area of Microsoft CRM. It can be used by any user with Report Manager privilege to schedule any Reporting Services report to run on a daily, weekly, or monthly schedule, as well as to create a snapshot of a report which includes data from a specific time point. Snapshots created with the wiz...

Query Result to Report
I have a query that gives the running total to a Client. How can I get this total to show on my Already made Report. The Client has his ID number linked to the query and report Why I want to do this is if the report on his totals is say 3 pages long it will show the grand total at the bottom instead of just adding up what is on that page as it already does, but I can change that title to Sub Total and then have this new total at the bottom =qPayableTotalForPayment!Payable Thanks for any help with this query total......Bob "Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote in message news:ev8sl...

Report Writer
I have just recently installed GP 8.0 on a new machine, and haven't used Report Write yet. Upon trying to open Report Writer, and got the error "data dictionary missing". I then looked on both our network server and my local computer and was unable to find a Forms.dic or a Reports.dic file. Why wouldn't those have been installed when I installed GP, and is there a way to get those files from somewhere so I can start designing our reports? Thanks! ~Mike~ The Reports.dic does not install. It is created the first time Report Writer is opened. Check out the paths in ...

Store Based Pricing report from HQ
Hi All, HQ allows each store to have different pricing for items at different stores - this is great - but how do I report (from HQ as this is where the items have to be setup) what the prices are for each store. Preferrably the report only needs to show which items are different from that as currently set in HQ. Has anyone got a report for this or can point me in the correct direction for creating my own report. Thanks, Jason. In HQ, Look at the "Snapshot" reports - these should give you the store specific data you want. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tib...

to milly staples
Thanks for your reply Milly. I mean the tool bars that contain the sen/recieve buttons and such. In outlook express they can be placed in any order. Can this be done in outlook? THANK YOU ...

no data in reports
I am opening a report listing the sales for a given client.When however there are no sales for a given client, the report is opened indeed but it is written error and the picture is rather ugly. Could i set up some filter on opening of the report, and if there are no data,just not open the report ? I will have a cleaner picture then -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Sat, 15 Dec 2007 17:11:44 GMT, peljo via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I am opening a report listing the sales for a given client.When however there > are no sales for a given client, the report is opene...

M2004
That screaming you here is me doing my taxes and looking for data from Money 2004. No cap gains show up on the "Tax-Related Transactions" summary, so I checked categories and Capital Gains show under Investment Income - and I can't change anyhting about it ( boxes are greyed out). Why is it UNDER Inv Income ? Is that something I did or comes that way ? I tried to associate it with LT Cap Gains and Money says 'Nope - can't do that' ! Played a bit and then thought I'd align Cap Gains to Schedule D. My only option to mess with the Schedule D has to do with &qu...

Help customizing reports
Hi, We need to do some relatively simple customization of a couple of the default reports, but are having a hard time figuring out the relationships between incident, incidententryactivity and incidentresolutionactivity. What we would like is a report that lists all Cases under an Account and all Activities under each Case, and rolls up the durations of each Activity to the Case, and possibly to the Account. If I understand this correctly, the 'incidentresolutionactivity' record in fact contains this information at the Case level, but we are just unable to display this informat...

Milly Staples
Iv'e been away a few days. I found your reply concerning blocking email somewhat criptic. Depends on what? Could you quote the original posting? You might get an answer sooner that way ;-) -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Khan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c03201c451e4$4c773290$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Iv'e been away a few days. I found your reply concerning > blocking email somewhat criptic. Depends on...