Sorting and Grouping 01-26-10

I have a report where I am grouping by two fields that are a Yes/No.  It
splits them on the report fine.  However, I want to add a Header for each of
the splits to reflect what they are: One is Board of Directors and the other
is Participant's Council.  I can't seem to add a Header that goes for that
group.  It shows both names in both areas.  Help!!

Thanks

What happens if a person is on the board and council? Can you share the field
names and exact expressions you use for sorting and grouping?

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"srctr" wrote:

> I have a report where I am grouping by two fields that are a Yes/No.  It
> splits them on the report fine.  However, I want to add a Header for each of
> the splits to reflect what they are: One is Board of Directors and the other
> is Participant's Council.  I can't seem to add a Header that goes for that
> group.  It shows both names in both areas.  Help!!
>
> Thanks

first login tp GP 10 hangs
cannot seem to login for the first time into GP 10. Using same setup as other pc that works fine except with a shorter instance name "GP10TS". I get "Your attempt to log into the server failed because an unknown error occurred when the user ID and password were being verified. Attempt to log in again." Thing is it doesn't matter if sa password is entered or not, get same error like it is not connecting at all to try the password (i get a different error on the working pc with a bogus login) tried reinstalling sql 2005 and because of 2.0 FW issues have installed/un...

SMTP error #10
hello, i just experienced this error when i'm trying to send email from outlook. i can send from my local account to hotmail or gmail for example, but not to yahoo and other domain. can anyone give me some clue, whats going on here? any help would be appreciated. many thanks this is the error: did not reach the following recipient(s): support@target-domain.com on Thu, 5 Jan 2006 09:45:59 +0700 There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <server.source-domain.com #5.5.0 smtp;550-Message rejected be...

I keep getting AU telling me to install Update for Intelligent Message Filter for Exchange Server 2003: 2006.01.12
My exchange server IMF updates is stuck in a bit of a loop I install the latest IMF update, then a few mins later AU tells me it needs to install the IMF update for 2006.01.12, if I install the 2006.01.12 update, AU nags me to install the most recent version Server is WS02 R2, Exchange is SP2 and latest updates ContentFilterState is enabled in the registry Any ideas? Regards Roga ...

Restrict inbound Internet email to a group of users on Exchange 20
What is the easiest way to restrict a large group of users from receiving email from non-authenticated users. I know there is a checkbox setting that allows me to configure this on a per user basis, but how do I change this for 1000 users at one time. Our company policies have recently changed, and managemnt wants most users to only be able to send and receive emails from authenticated users. I already have the send portion configured using a connector, but how do I do restrict receiving? Thanks. Create a new Recipient Policy and assign them email addresses for an internal or non-...

Can't send email 03-17-10
Help..I have one email stuck in my outbox that I can't send or delete or move. It just comes up with 'an unknown error has occured' when I try to delete it. The email says, when open.... 'Message could not be displayed' 'Windows Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low disk space and try again.' I also cannot send any emails but can delete them....just not the one that's stuck. J How to Remove a Stuck Undeletable Message in Windows Mail http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/6...

Cell Format 05-25-10
I want to enter <shift>: in a cell (this would be Shift Key and the colon character to enter a date). And then automatically format this cell so that the date is on one line, and the value "Critical Date" on the second line. So the cell value would look like this: 05/25/2010 Critical Date Can someone explain how to do this? If it can be done with code, I would be interested in that also... First, ctrl-: (control-colon) will enter the time, not the date. You want ctrl-; (control-semicolon) to enter the date. Second, you can use a custom number format to...

3Axis Multiple groups with subgroup Bar Chart please help!
Hello all, I am doing some science work and I really need a chart that looks like this. http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/6572/graphexplanation7or.gif Can someone please please tell me how the hell do I do it. An example worksheet would be excellent! I have gone through hell trying to figure it out with my primitive excel knowledge. Thank you in advance! +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Graph-Explanation.gif | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4329 | +-----------------------...

Users and Dist Groups not showing in GAL
I'm having a strange problem where I add a new user or mail enable a group and sometimes it shows up in the GAL and other times they don't. When they don't, I can find them in outlook by choosing ALL GROUPS or ALL USERS. This doesn't make sense Here is my setup for exchange. 6 servers running Exchange 2000 14 servers running Exchange 2003 1/3 of the mailboxes are on 2003 I have 3 front end servers. All the 2003 stores point to the same public folder store which is different from the one that the 2000 stores point to. Now that I think of it, could that be the issue? Th...

Sort using formula
Hi I'd like to sort a column of data using a formula, but I am having challenges because there is non-unique data eg. Source data : Names in col A and scores in col B A B Name 1 21 Name 2 30 Name 3 21 Name 4 40 etc. Output : I want to be able to re-order the names using the scores, so in Col C I'd have the scores in ascending order, and the corresponding name in Col D C D 21 Name 1 21 Name 3 30 Name 2 40 Name 4 I cannot use the sort options (as I am building for beginn...

Sort by colour?
I have a large list of medical products which i purchase every month along with price and number used each month. These come from 8 diferent companies I have a sheet for each company and produce monthly totals on a summary sheet The products can be used for several types of case... Arterial,Venous, Gastro or Pediatric. To make it easier to spot a product when putting in the months figures I coloured the products by use... Arterial red, Venous blue etc. I have now been asked to produce costings for Venous procedures for the last several years It would be a snip if i could use the colour o...

Excel2002: Data > Sort ruins links! Any suggestions?
Hi Problem: if I do a sort on one page (ie worksheet) then all the other pages taking info from that page will now point to the wrong cells! This problem happens both if I use ordinary addressees and also if I use defined "names" instead! Any suggestions? Ship Think you'll need to use for e.g. VLOOKUP's or OFFSET(..MATCH()...) in the dependent sheets rather than just simple links to cells in the "master" sheet This arrangement will work if you have a key column that is shared between the dependent sheets and the "master" sheet with no duplicates i...

Grouping based on minimums
So, I have a series of loans (eg, mortgages) in one table - the loan data include credit scores for the holders of the loan). In another table, I have segments based on credit score. I need to create a query that groups the loans by segment. So.. Loan Table: ID FICO_1 FICO_2 Amount 1 750 699 100,000 2 650 700 200,000 3 750 710 222,000 4 676 699 300,000 5 720 729 150,000 Segment Table: FICO_1 FICO_2 Segment 720 700 Good 700 680 OK 680 ...

Sort data from smallest to largest
I need to sort data in Column A in numerical order from smallest to largest, and that is correct for any number of rows. So this macro could be run on a column that has data on rows 3-200, or on rows 3-500. Does anyone know how to write code in VBA for this in excel 2007? Mary This little macro will sort column A from A2 down to the last entry in that column. I assumed you have headers in row 1. HTH Otto Sub SortColA() Dim rColA As Range Set rColA = Range("A2", Range("A" & Rows.Count).End(xlUp)) rColA.Sort Key1:=Range("A2"), O...

Windows grouping how?
Anyone knows how Windows does the windows grouping in the taskbar area? For example when there are more than 3 windows explorer, all three will be group together. And when click, there will be a popup toolbar with a list of windows available. Thanks, Snow ...

hii 06-28-10
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0055_01CB16F6.5A840B00 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0056_01CB16F6.5A840B00" ------=_NextPart_001_0056_01CB16F6.5A840B00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Belle journ=E9e ------=_NextPart_001_0056_01CB16F6.5A840B00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"&g...

Outlook Express 03-08-10
When trying to open email the following shows Windows Security Logon onto pop3.freeserve.com Please verify that both the Username and Password are correct for your mail server UserName: Password: I know both the Username & Password, but it will not accept it, when it does not reconise it, it shows up with this message Account: 'pop3.freeserve.com', Server: 'pop3.freeserve.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR [AUTH] Invalid login/password pair', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 C...

Can't Remove Exchange 2000 Server under new 2003 Admin Group
Recently installed a new Server 2003 as DC and also an Exchange 2003 on same machine. Migrated from 2000 DC with Exchange 2000. Followed all procedures as documented. Demoted old 2000 DC and promoted new 2003 DC. All mailboxes, gobal address books, RUS, connectors, public folders, etc. were migrated successfully. I now have in my Exchange Manager two Exchange Servers, the 2000 and 2003. I need to remove the 2000. I can't delete it from the 2003 DC because there is still a system mailbox and I get an error saying there are still mailboxes. I know that I need to remove the Exch...

Customized Sorting Order
I have a spreadsheet with customer information including thier social security numbers listed in one of the columns. I want Excel to sort the spreadsheet in ascending order by the last two digits of the social security number only. How can I do this? Use a helper col, then sort both cols by the helper Assume source in A1 down Put in B1: =RIGHT(A1,2)+0 Copy down, then sort both cols A and B by col B, ascending -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 xdemechanik --- "Augustflowers" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with customer information including thier social &g...

Dynamic sql 08-29-10
When executing dynamic sql, how can you avoid issues if delimiters are in the data ? Assume I have a list box in an applicaion with the following values.... ABC 3' 879 Plus many more they may select... If I do something like.... where Item = 'ABC'or Item='3'' or Item ='879' I've got a problem... how might I avoid this ? Robbie (robc1@yahoo.com) writes: > When executing dynamic sql, how can you avoid issues if delimiters are in > the data ? You use sp_executesql and parameters. I have a longer article on my web site w...

Sorting messages by SENT date
Periodically, we transfer sent mail from one email account to the 'sent items' mail folder of another. In so doing, it appears that the transferred messages are stamped with a newer display date in the folder. Ironically, the SENT date in the message itself remains the same (which it should), but the date displayed in the message listing is the date of transfer into the new SENT ITEMS folder. This means that messages, which may have been sent days earlier, appear in the message list as if they were sent several days later than they actually were. How to we get the transferre...

Stats microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (last 7 days) 07-12-10
"Caveat: Quantity is not necessarily a measure of Quality" Newsgroup.................: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general Stats Were Taken..........: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 08:21:35 GMT Stats Begin...............: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 08:36:11 GMT Stats End.................: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 07:04:28 GMT Days......................: 7 Total No. of Articles.....: 683 Total No. of Characters...: 1735594 Total Volume..............: 1694 Messages Per Day..........: 97.6 Characters Per Day........: 247942.0 Average Daily Volume......: 242 kB Total Posters This Week...:...

Xbox 360 Repair Guide Review 01-19-10
Xbox 360 Repair can be done youself and with ease, using the new Xbox 360 Repair guide here http://xbox-redlight-review.123probiz.com Go XBox Mad :) Erry Agung Marketing http://www.gogonai.info/?id:erryagung ...

Terminal Server and GP 10
I know what the recommendations say but with the processing power of new servers on the market is anyone using Terminal Server and GP 10 on the same box with 30 or more users accessing GP (not at users are transactional users)? We have a client with 25 concurrent users running SQL, GP10 and terminal services. Consider full client installs for users doing a lot of posting and limit use of home pages, and you should be fine. They are now moving to a 64 bit server and want to run GP as a 32 bit virtual server to overcome memory limitations. "tpamike" wrote: > I know what ...

Cannot Customize Outlook Today #10
When I click on my "customize Outlook Today" button, nothing happens. I haven't applied the ie patch that apparently breaks this, so I'm completely stumped. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook completely and compared registry entries. However on certain machines (same installation process) the feature works? Help . . . Outlook 2000? http://support.microsoft.com/?id=820575 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Mi...

windows live mail 01-05-10
Recently purchased laptop windows 7. Can send mail (I think) from live mail but so far no replies. I've tried several hotel sites inquiring about accommodation etc. and still waiting for response. Mail seems to go ok Any suggestions? b.potts What happens if you send a message to yourself? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "incoming mail" <incoming mail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E2A7697-DBA5-4EAA-98FC-065033D9F40C@microsoft.com... > Recently purchased laptop windows 7. Can send mail (...