Sort options for Reports

I am using Access 2000. I want to know how to provide the user a choice to
sort the report by either "Last Name" or "Date".

Some people would like to see the report by client's last name.  Other's
would like to see it by most current date. I'd prefer not to create two
separate reports.

I'd like to provide the option of how they'd like the report sorted either
"Last Name" or by "date".

Any advice? I'm fairly new a this.

Allen Browne has one solution on his web page at
http://www.allenbrowne.com/ser-33.html.
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"Shell" wrote:

> I am using Access 2000. I want to know how to provide the user a choice to
> sort the report by either "Last Name" or "Date".
>
> Some people would like to see the report by client's last name.  Other's
> would like to see it by most current date. I'd prefer not to create two
> separate reports.
>
> I'd like to provide the option of how they'd like the report sorted either
> "Last Name" or by "date".
>
> Any advice? I'm fairly new a this.

Where's the Sort by New Message option?

Summarizing a Report
I have a database linked to an excel file for the table. The excel file contains the results for a school archery tournament. Each school is allowed to have 24 archers but only the top 12 count as a team score and 4 must be male and 4 must be female. My report works fine giving me the top 12 and a team total for each school and division, but it does not ensure the gender ratio is met. Any ideas?? Also, I would like to create a report that shows just the schools and team totals, but the only place I currently have team totals is in a report. -- Thanks, Cubbie You w...

Sorting

How to sort account list?

Row names will not move with sort

sorts not sorting

V10 - Transaction by debtor enquiry report
Hi, Anyone any ideas why when printing the transaction by debtor enquiry report, the last digit of the amount is dropped off? This is when printed as A4 - payables is okay going to same printer. Okay when displayed to screen - only lost when actually printed. Thanks Jean -- JB Is the last digit perhaps trying to print outside the 'printable' area of the printer? If you do not use A4 paper does it work? Do you have the A4 module installed? "JB" wrote: > Hi, > > Anyone any ideas why when printing the transaction by debtor enquiry report, ...

Yearly Monthly break-down Cost Report
I need to report each month how many kids were in the program (New & Carry-over from previous month), number of days in program and cost (per diem). Time frame can be for calendar or fiscal year or past 2 months so Begin Date: (1-1-07) and End Date: (2-28-07) are variables entered. (example: Johnny "Date Placed" in program on 1-10-07 "Release Date" from program 2-5-07) so for January & Feburary how do I calcualate each month? January 10 - 31 and Feburary 1 - 4 (we don't count actual exit day)...HELP!!! THANKS!!! ...

Costed BOM report w/o Mfg Module
How do I get a costed BOM report when the following conditions occur: - we do not have the Mfg module - we are using FIFO Perpetual costing method - I see a field for standard cost under the indented BOM view, but do not know how/when this is calculated...... Is there a costing document that you can refer me to? I was unable to find much depth in the on-line manuals. -- Regards, P Ebmeier Manager, Materials Systems GP 9.0 The standard cost rollup process is part of the Manufacturing Modules. You will have to manually set the Standard Cost Since you are not using manufacturing, I assu...

import- number- sort?

sorting macro #3

Customising Crystal Reports + File Location
Hello, We have installed Crystal 9 with the CRM Enhancement pack on top of it. What i was wondering is there a list where i can know which report in crm is for what? All i see is lots of folders with funny names like 9e4361ec44fd1190.rpt is there anyway you can get logical names from? Should you create your own report where would you save in in CRM to be able to access in via the crm menu? Thanks and Regards -- Fakhruddin Zavery Sr. Systems Analyst / Programmer CATS Tanzania Ltd. NIC Life House 4th Floor P. O. Box 2569, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Tel. +255-22 2137915, 2112631 Fax +255-22 ...

big problem with reports. two much slow
Hi. I have a report that gets that from a query. well query is "heavy" and I know that. the problem is that the report it takes too much to make the preview, almos t5 minutes and then if I choose to print it, it takes again 5 minutes, it seems that it's running the query again. I can I make prints be much faster? Regards, marco Hard to say. How long does the query take to run? If it is taking all the time, then you need to work on the query and see if you can speed it up. Indexes on fields used for selecting records would be the most likely thing to speed it up. If t...

Printing Form to Include All Options in Excel
Hello, I am extremely new to creating forms in Excel so bare with me here! Is there a way that I can print my form so that all options in my list box appear? I have a list box that is extremely long, so on the electronic version I want to have a scroll bar to save space. However, when I go to print, I would like all options to be visible. Can I do this w/o having to make the list box extremely long on the elctronic version so that all options are visible? Maybe you could print the list from a worksheet range? LostAndConfused wrote: > > Hello, > > I am extremely new to cr...

Bug in Grid Lines in CListCtrl Report View
Hi, This thing is again annoying me! whenever I display the grid lines using LVS_EX_GRIDLINES , there are problems when scrolling the CListCtrl at once , the grid lines seem to loose their position and thus generating a blurred view or sometimes just disappear temporarily. Have anyone else faced the same thing ? Thanks >whenever I display the grid lines using LVS_EX_GRIDLINES , there are >problems when scrolling the CListCtrl at once , the grid lines seem to loose >their position and thus generating a blurred view or sometimes just disappear > temporarily...

Frx report launcher-error when email report
Hi, I'll like to email a report in report launcher, but a have a message error 9060 during the ParseXML procedure. Output setting is excel I connecting to GP in terminal server eric -- Eric Eric, please change the Excel output file format to: "Formatted Excel" and try again, i have seen errors when exporting to excel that do not replicate when using the "Formatted Excel" option. ...

Reports Access Demied Error
I get an Acces denied when trying to access to reports or some CRM Setup features even when I log as the administrator However when I go tho the reports site directly through WEB interface, I can Access them what am I missing? For the momment I have not configured SSL for authentication to the SQL server and both servers are in the same domain the SQl server Services are handled by the user network Thanks for any support ------=_NextPart_0001_5376655D Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <ITgirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I get an Acces denied when ...

Draw continous vertical line in report detail section
My report has a report header approx 1.5" tall, a page header approx 0.5" tall, followed by the detail section. How can I print a fixed height detail section with verticle lines even if there are only a few records? Essentially, trying to replicate a paper form. The line starts at the bottom of the page header and continues to the top of page footer. In a post a couple days ago, Allen Browne recommended the below for drawing a line down the entire page.....this close, and I am trying to figure out a similar approach for the detail section. Private Sub Report_Page() Me....

Sorting checking register

No password protect workbook box in Tools>Options>General
As is the case with much of this limited CD that was installed, some important features are missing. I want to password protect any given workbook. When I went to help (since the Tools>Protection didn't work) it told me to go to Tools>Options>General, and click on the box that said to password protect the workbook. As usual, this version has nothing of the sort on the General tab under Options. Now what? Why don't you get a full version if you expect full version capability? I'm at a loss... ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "MS" <...

Full Page X Report
I hope someone might find this useful. This formats the X/Z report to fit on one Full Page. Slapped together quickly but you can format it how you like using XML... http://www.newestech.com/downloads/FullPageXReport.zip Casey Hanson New West Technologies ...

Supplier List and Sales Report
I am trying to build a report that lists all items for a given supplier, and then lists sales quantities (including zeros for items not sold) within a given timeframe. My attempts so far have allowed be to list all items for a supplier with sales for all time, but the minute I put a timeframe for the sales in place I lose items that have not been sold from the list. Does anyone know where I can find such a report or have any suggestions that would allow me to complete it? Thanks, Holly What report did you base it off of? Detailed Sales with a filter on the Supplier field will giv...

Unmerge so I can sort
I coy/pasted data into Excell and when I try to sort it I get "This operation requires merged sells to be identically sized". I understadn the work around in KB but how do I find which sells are merged? I wouldn't bother looking. I'd just remove all the merged cells from the range to sort. Select that range format|cells|alignment tab uncheck the merge cells box But if you wanted to search, you can do it via process of elimination. Select a range, format|cells|alignment tab. If that merge cells box is checked, then the whole selection is merged. If it's grey, t...