Snapshot Viewer will not open .snp file

We have a client that sends us .snp files as email attachments.  We have
Office 2007 installed on new Windows XP PCs.  We have the Snapshot Viewer
installed.  When we attempt to open an .snp file, either from email or after
saving attachment to the desktop, all we get is a blank Snapshot Viewer
window.  If we re-install the Shapshot Viewer we can then open one .snp file
and then it reverts back to opening with a blank viewer window for subsequent
..snp files that are opened.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Susie

Install a different Printer Driver for the workstations exhibiting the
Snapshot viewer issue.

--

HTH
Stephen Lebans

"susiew53" <susiew53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a client that sends us .snp files as email attachments.  We have
> Office 2007 installed on new Windows XP PCs.  We have the Snapshot Viewer
> installed.  When we attempt to open an .snp file, either from email or
> after
> saving attachment to the desktop, all we get is a blank Snapshot Viewer
> window.  If we re-install the Shapshot Viewer we can then open one .snp
> file
> and then it reverts back to opening with a blank viewer window for
> subsequent
> .snp files that are opened.
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
> Susie

0
Stephen
10/5/2007 3:17:29 AM
This is a large office environment with a lot of printers.  These PCs have
about 8 different printers installed.  Are you suggesting that I remove all
of the installed printer drivers?

"Stephen Lebans" wrote:

> Install a different Printer Driver for the workstations exhibiting the
> Snapshot viewer issue.
>
> --
>
> HTH
> Stephen Lebans
> http://www.lebans.com
> Access Code, Tips and Tricks
> Please respond only to the newsgroups so everyone can benefit.
>

> "susiew53" <susiew53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have a client that sends us .snp files as email attachments.  We have
> > Office 2007 installed on new Windows XP PCs.  We have the Snapshot Viewer
> > installed.  When we attempt to open an .snp file, either from email or
> > after
> > saving attachment to the desktop, all we get is a blank Snapshot Viewer
> > window.  If we re-install the Shapshot Viewer we can then open one .snp
> > file
> > and then it reverts back to opening with a blank viewer window for
> > subsequent
> > .snp files that are opened.
> >
> > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
> > Susie

As I stated in my original post, install a different(try a plain HP
Laserjet) printer driver(not a Network config) directly on one of the
problem machines.

If the above fails to resolve your issue then I would unistall the Snapshot
viewer app and reinstall it.

--

> This is a large office environment with a lot of printers.  These PCs have
> about 8 different printers installed.  Are you suggesting that I remove
> all
> of the installed printer drivers?
>

> "Stephen Lebans" wrote:
>
>> Install a different Printer Driver for the workstations exhibiting the
>> Snapshot viewer issue.
>>
>> --
>>
>> HTH
>> Stephen Lebans
>> http://www.lebans.com
>> Access Code, Tips and Tricks
>> Please respond only to the newsgroups so everyone can benefit.
>>

>> "susiew53" <susiew53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > We have a client that sends us .snp files as email attachments.  We
>> > have
>> > Office 2007 installed on new Windows XP PCs.  We have the Snapshot
>> > Viewer
>> > installed.  When we attempt to open an .snp file, either from email or
>> > after
>> > saving attachment to the desktop, all we get is a blank Snapshot Viewer
>> > window.  If we re-install the Shapshot Viewer we can then open one .snp
>> > file
>> > and then it reverts back to opening with a blank viewer window for
>> > subsequent
>> > .snp files that are opened.
>> >
>> > Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
>> > Susie

0
Stephen
11/10/2007 2:51:34 PM
I'll try that.  Thanks.

"Stephen Lebans" wrote:

> As I stated in my original post, install a different(try a plain HP
> Laserjet) printer driver(not a Network config) directly on one of the
> problem machines.
>
> If the above fails to resolve your issue then I would unistall the Snapshot
> viewer app and reinstall it.
>
> --
>
> HTH
> Stephen Lebans
> http://www.lebans.com
> Access Code, Tips and Tricks
> Please respond only to the newsgroups so everyone can benefit.
>

> "susiew53" <susiew53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This is a large office environment with a lot of printers.  These PCs have
> > about 8 different printers installed.  Are you suggesting that I remove
> > all
> > of the installed printer drivers?
> >

> > "Stephen Lebans" wrote:
> >
> >> Install a different Printer Driver for the workstations exhibiting the
> >> Snapshot viewer issue.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> HTH
> >> Stephen Lebans
> >> http://www.lebans.com
> >> Access Code, Tips and Tricks
> >> Please respond only to the newsgroups so everyone can benefit.
> >>

> >> "susiew53" <susiew53@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Snapshot Viewer for Mac
Hey there, We send out reports using .snp files. We not have someone outside who has a Mac at home. I can't find snapshot viewer for Mac, I am assuming one is not made. Can anyone verify this or tell me what program can open a .snp file on a Mac? Thanks, Nate In article <1d9401c3e05e$b02bbd30$a001280a@phx.gbl>, "Nate" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hey there, > > We send out reports using .snp files. We not have > someone outside who has a Mac at home. I can't find > snapshot viewer for Mac, I am assuming one is not ...

Convert data in Excel file to vsd format
H We are dynamically building an Excel sheet aith data to be shown as an Organization chart How can we convert this file into vsd format from Visual Basic Also, how can we show the Excel file contents on the WEB using asp Really Urgent. Regard Ajith well, I'm looking at Office2003 and Visio2003. Visio has the OrgChart Wizard for import of excel data, and Excel has the export of html. I believe this is functional back to the 2000 version as well. What version of the tools are you using? Al "Ajitha Anil" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

can not open linked table
When trying to open a linked table I get an error message that the file is opened exclusivelyby another user. I have used this link before many times and have knowingly done nothing to change it. I am using acces 2007 on a vista lap top to an access 2000 database on a different computer (xp) which uses access 2000 . If you are certain that you are the only user, close Access and delete the LDB file on the remote computer. If there is more than 1 user, 1 or more have the database opened exclusively. Go to Options on each computer using the database, and change that. "jnacces...

Opening up links in Outlook
I am using Outllook 2003. on Office XP Pro everytime I try to click on a link in any email I have received it tends to open up a porn website. I have used Spam Bot to check any and it has not detected anything or removed or solved my problem. Can any one help? ...

"Please open this HMTL message to print it"
I am trying to print an html email with attachments so that the attachment icons show up in the print. I have the email highlighted in the message list. But when I go to FILE>PRINT it gives the message I do not want to open the message to print because the attachment icons won't get printed with the email. Maybe if I chance the html message to plan text? if so, how so? Any help is Appreciated :) Thank you. ...

Will the column limit be over 256?
Does MicroSoft have plan to increase the column limit to above 256 in the future version of Excel? if yes, when? No one has told me. Maybe an MVP might be privy to such news. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Han" <Han@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5C21C70A-4E40-4C12-9BCB-C2EEFC5C2EA1@microsoft.com... > Does MicroSoft have plan to increase the column limit to above 256 in the > future version of Excel? if yes, when? If someone was privy to that (I'm not), they couldn't tell you due to their non-disclosure agreement. In ...

Outlook 2002 pst file on network share problem
Hi! I have a small LAN with a LINUX serevr and SAMBA acting as fileserver. die clients have WINDOWS XP Pro SP2 and Office XP SP3 installed. the Outlook PST files are located on the LINUX-server, the access is made via a mapped network drive using SAMBA. when I start Outlook right after logging in to a client-.machine, Outlook displays an error.message, telling me that the PST file isnt available. afterwards it opens a file-open-dialog which of course contains the necessary PST file on the server-share and after clicking "open" everything works fine. the whole problem just occurs a...

Cannot open files under previous version
I purchased Publisher 2000, and it won't let me open any of my files created under an older version. Please, plesae help! After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Larry Karow <safy@aol.com>... > I purchased Publisher 2000, and it won't let me open any > of my files created under an older version. Please, > plesae help! Which version of Publisher were you running before? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

Cannot open attached files
Hey folks. I cannot open attached files. When I click on it it brings up a logic box saying that it is Plain Text, then if I click open it tells me "This action is only valid for products currently installed. (These are .xls, .doc files...all of which I have) Gee that is too bad. Care to ask a question and provide the version of Outlook and you Operating System? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. Af...

is there a free publisher viewer?
I have documents from a client that I cannot open because I do not have Publisher and they are in .pub format. I prefer to not make the client resent everything in an alternate format if I can help it. Any suggestions how I can view, capture information from, edit, etc., these documents? Given your parameters, looks like your only option is to purchase Publisher. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Jacquelyn" <Jacquelyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:286E907E-2128-4514-B8F2-96027AFAC543@microsoft.com... > I have documents from a client that I cannot open beca...

AUTOMATIC FILE SAVING
I generate quiotations from a template and create a code name for each quotation in cells B7 to F7 as follows. TEMPLATE CODE XXX QUOTATION CODE BUZ 7/07/2009 abc 156 Can I save this in a file automatically using a micro in a file having the code name (BUZ,DEF,..) and the quotation number (156,157,...) -- excelforautomatinginvoicing See your other post for a number of questions I have. Suppose the filename was in cell C5 one could use something like this to save the file with that name when you clicked the Save toolbar button. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsU...

tables from snapshot file
Is there any way to get list of tables from snapshot file using SMO or some other API? Tnx __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4721 (20091228) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com Can you define what you mean by "snapshot file"? -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi "Johnson" <Johnson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eA70Jp7hKHA.5380@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl....

PBX files ???
Why did Outlook Express v 6.0 create dbx files when I exported my mail messages?? What are dbx files?? Thanks again! dbx files are the files Outlook Express uses to store its mail in. "thollaug@comcast.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0f4801c3a863$79343880$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Why did Outlook Express v 6.0 create dbx files when I > exported my mail messages?? What are dbx files?? > > Thanks again! > >Why did Outlook Express v 6.0 create dbx files when I >exported my mail messages?? It didn't. -- Brian Till...

"File: send to mail recipient" not working
When users (on WinXP) select file, "send to mail recipient", no response from Outlook 2002. This occurs either when Outlook is open or closed. Problem happens when rt. clicking on .doc, .xls, .pdf's....all files. Any ideas?? Thanks!! ...

How to run a macro when file opens???
I am trying to figure out the Visual Basic language to include in an Excel file so when it opens the macro will automatically run each time the file is opened. Specifically, I want the macro to open the File, Save As... command so that I have to save the file as a new file before I start doing anything else. Any help will be highly appreciated! Thanks! "Shane R. Pouch" <srpouch@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:fI0mg.26290$VE1.18806@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com... > I am trying to figure out the Visual Basic language to include in an Excel > file so when it o...

Importing files into OL2000 from OLE
I was able to import my address book but not the folders with hundreds of necessary e-mail in them from one PC to another, via my HUB. Is there a simple way to get the folders? "Paul Onish" <pmonish@comcast.net> wrote in message news:075401c3d91b$41c01e80$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I was able to import my address book but not the folders > with hundreds of necessary e-mail in them from one PC to > another, via my HUB. Is there a simple way to get the > folders? Copy the files into a new folder on the PC to which you want to move them. Import into OE first. Then i...

Will Great Plains work with SQL Workgroup Edition
Hello, Will Great Plains 10 work with SQL 2005 Workgroup Edition? Any components of Great Plains, Business Portal, eConnect etc that will not work on the Workgroup edition? Will I lose out on any Great Plains (or add-on products) related functionality by being on the SQL Workgroup edition? Jack, According to Microsoft's Systems Requirements guide, here is what you can run: Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition SP 2 Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 R2 Premium Edition SP 2 Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Standard Edition SP 2 (MSDE/SQL ...

ppt viewer only shows graphics, photos and NOT words
I have ppt 2007. Not sure why the above is happening. Properties are set to open with ppt viewer. Are you using custom fonts? -- Troy @ TLC MS PowerPoint MVP Check out www.ThePowerPointBlog.com "Claudette C" <ClaudetteC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:183202E8-8262-4135-930A-FED41F7344F4@microsoft.com... > I have ppt 2007. Not sure why the above is happening. Properties are set > to > open with ppt viewer. > ...

"recently used files" not working
in the file menu, there used to be a way to select the most recently open files. this option is gone. I can't switch it on in the Tools->Options->General tab, since this option is greyed out there. same for excel, powerpoint and word (office 2003) what could be the problem? I was not able to find more info on the microsoft web. it only mentions the way to enable/disable thtough the options. but exactly this I cannot do... :-( thanks for any hint. dan got it sorted out... my fault.. the answer was here http://groups.google.ch/groups?hl=de&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=%23OB7...

Auto opening of Validation list
I have a simple data validation rule applied to a cell which has the validation set as List and references approx 50 cells. What I would like to occur is that, when the sheet is selected, the drop-down list is revealed with the mouse hovering over the down arrow of the cell. Although there's no problem selecting the cell when the sheet is selected, I cannot get a macro to record the selecting of the cell dropdown list and cannot find a way to do it. It may not be possible for this to happen at all, but I would appreciate anyone's assistance if such a procedure can be done. Rob Hi ...

MS Money Planner file
Hello I have a problem in MS Money 2004. Each time I open money I get the following error: "A file needed to run the Planner is either missing or corrupted. To resolve this problem, re-install money and then re open your money file". I have tried doing this but still keep getting the same error. Can anyone please advise? Thanks and a Happy New Year to all you kind souls out there. Dave Hello Glyn That seems to work for me. Thanks for taking the time and trouble to reply. Much appreciated. Hope you have a happy & prosperous New Year. Regards Dave "Glyn Simpso...

Snapshots for Publications
We are having issues with our Publications now, and the Snapshot share is empty right now. What procedure if any would I take to recreate the Publications and Snapshot for the SFO client to be able to synch? Any insight is greatly appreciated. Sean If you look in Enterprise Manager on the CRM SQL Server, you should see some jobs there that are created during the CRM Installation. These jobs are suppossed to create the initial snapshots of both the MSCRM & Metabase databases. You can try to run these manually. Also, there are sometimes where these jobs don't work properly. In t...

Find files containing a particular style applied
I want to find all files in which I have applied a particular style to text. It would be time consuming to open each of my files (of which there are over 100) individually to find. O/S Windows Vista Office 2003 I'm sure this can be automated with a macro that opens each file (in a specific folder) and then searches for the style. For details, you'll have to ask in a programming newsgroup such as microsoft.public.word.vba.general. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Chrisana" <Chrisana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B01C4F52-1...

ntdsutil snapshots
When i create a snapshot, i cant see it in c:\ until and unless i mount the snapshot. Where is the snapshot located before mounting? snapshot: create Creating snapshot... Snapshot set {1e715787-0c30-441a-ac21-4b96c51849c7} generated successful** snapshot: list all 1: 2010/05/24:11:25 {b93906f4-5ce4-40a1-952f-a638414cd5a9} 2: D: {659fe8aa-c75b-4a79-ab97-cc66d16f907e} 3: 2010/05/26:07:03 {9b4ff7b5-e363-444f-a5b8-71dd22f1db0b} 4: D: {e03a945f-4acb-489d-b62d-5b9cdeace623} 5: 2010/05/26:08:01 {99e37da2-ce63-4718-9973-dde5ddb3a6e1} 6: D: {e2f761b3-c93e-42f9-b1fd-5b75115...

Using Indirect Function to link to Other Files
Is this possible? I have a situation whereby I want to use one generic spreadsheet to create results for different data sets. The different data sets are contained in different files. I need to bring in each data set into the generic spreadsheet and then save it as a specific spreadsheet for that data set. I thought a way of doing this might be bring in the data by means of a straightforward cell reference eg formula = '[dataset1!]SHEET1'!A1. To make things easier I would like to use the INDIRECT function instead of the actual file name so that I can change all the cells by chan...