Skipping a line by condition

Thanks for reading this.

I have a report that is grouped by [positiontitle] in a two column report. It
prints out ok. The thing is what I want it to do is when a new [positiontitle]
comes up I want it to skip a line in the report. For example:

Worker
George          Fred

Non Worker
Bill              Tom

The way it comes up now is:

Worker         George
Tom
Non Worker   Bill
Tom

The [positiontitle] is located in the header of the report.

Thanks for your help.

Afrosheen

Afrosheen,

I believe what you are looking for is a group footer.  Add a group footer
for [positiontitle] to your report and set it to the spacing you want
between the titles.

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"Afrosheen via AccessMonster.com" <u46942@uwe> wrote in message
Thanks for reading this.

I have a report that is grouped by [positiontitle] in a two column report.
It
prints out ok. The thing is what I want it to do is when a new
[positiontitle]
comes up I want it to skip a line in the report. For example:

Worker
George          Fred

Non Worker
Bill              Tom

The way it comes up now is:

Worker         George
Tom
Non Worker   Bill
Tom

The [positiontitle] is located in the header of the report.

Thanks for your help.

Gina
2/10/2010 3:26:12 PM
Sorry Gina, it didn't work. The first column after the positiontitle still
prints on that line instead of putting a line feed or carriage return after
the positiontitle.

I tried putting the positiontitle in the Detail section and all that did was
put the positiontitle after the names.

Gina Whipp wrote:
>Afrosheen,
>
>I believe what you are looking for is a group footer.  Add a group footer
>for [positiontitle] to your report and set it to the spacing you want
>between the titles.
>
>Thanks for reading this.
>
>I have a report that is grouped by [positiontitle] in a two column report.
>It
>prints out ok. The thing is what I want it to do is when a new
>[positiontitle]
>comes up I want it to skip a line in the report. For example:
>
>Worker
>George          Fred
>
>Non Worker
>Bill              Tom
>
>The way it comes up now is:
>
>Worker         George
>Tom
>Non Worker   Bill
>Tom
>
>The [positiontitle] is located in the header of the report.
>
>Thanks for your help.

Afrosheen
2/10/2010 11:45:13 PM
Afrosheen,

Where is the [positiontitle]?  Is it in a Group Header and the names in the
Detail section?

--

Gina Whipp wrote:
>Afrosheen,
>
>I believe what you are looking for is a group footer.  Add a group footer
>for [positiontitle] to your report and set it to the spacing you want
>between the titles.
>
>Thanks for reading this.
>
>I have a report that is grouped by [positiontitle] in a two column report.
>It
>prints out ok. The thing is what I want it to do is when a new
>[positiontitle]
>comes up I want it to skip a line in the report. For example:
>
>Worker
>George          Fred
>
>Non Worker
>Bill              Tom
>
>The way it comes up now is:
>
>Worker         George
>Tom
>Non Worker   Bill
>Tom
>
>The [positiontitle] is located in the header of the report.
>
>Thanks for your help.

Gina
2/11/2010 12:08:16 AM
The positiontitle field is in the sorting/ grouping section.

Field: PositionTitle
Group Header: yes
Group Footer: no
Group on: each value
Group Interval: 1
Keep together: with first detail

The names are in the detail.

Gina Whipp wrote:
>Afrosheen,
>
>Where is the [positiontitle]?  Is it in a Group Header and the names in the
>Detail section?
>
>Sorry Gina, it didn't work. The first column after the positiontitle still
>prints on that line instead of putting a line feed or carriage return after
>the positiontitle.
>
>I tried putting the positiontitle in the Detail section and all that did was
>put the positiontitle after the names.
>
>Gina Whipp wrote:
>>Afrosheen,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 26 lines]
>>
>>Thanks for your help.

Afrosheen
2/11/2010 12:51:16 AM
Afrosheen,

Add a Group Footer for the PositionTitle, space it about half an inch.  Do
not place anything in the Group Footer.  What you should get is...

Worker
George          Fred
Tom                Harry
etc...

Non Worker
Bill              Tom

WAIT... do you have it set up for columns also?  If yes then also set the
Group Header for Repeat section = Yes.  If all you intended was to have the
names be lined up together forget the Group Footer part and just do the
Repeat Section.

--

Gina Whipp wrote:
>Afrosheen,
>
>Where is the [positiontitle]?  Is it in a Group Header and the names in the
>Detail section?
>
>Sorry Gina, it didn't work. The first column after the positiontitle still
>prints on that line instead of putting a line feed or carriage return after
>the positiontitle.
>
>I tried putting the positiontitle in the Detail section and all that did
>was
>put the positiontitle after the names.
>
>Gina Whipp wrote:
>>Afrosheen,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 26 lines]
>>
>>Thanks for your help.

Gina
2/11/2010 1:06:48 AM
Good morning Gina. I'm sorry I did not see any Group Header for Repeat
section. Must be I'm not awake. Please advise.

I tried adding the Group Footer and what I got is:

Worker                  Tom
George                  Fred

Gina Whipp wrote:
>Afrosheen,
>
>Add a Group Footer for the PositionTitle, space it about half an inch.  Do
>not place anything in the Group Footer.  What you should get is...
>
>Worker
>George          Fred
>Tom                Harry
>etc...
>
>Non Worker
>Bill              Tom
>
>WAIT... do you have it set up for columns also?  If yes then also set the
>Group Header for Repeat section = Yes.  If all you intended was to have the
>names be lined up together forget the Group Footer part and just do the
>Repeat Section.
>
>The positiontitle field is in the sorting/ grouping section.
>
>Field: PositionTitle
>Group Header: yes
>Group Footer: no
>Group on: each value
>Group Interval: 1
>Keep together: with first detail
>
>The names are in the detail.
>
>Gina Whipp wrote:
>>Afrosheen,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
>>>
>>>Thanks for your help.

Afrosheen
2/11/2010 11:30:59 AM
Afrosheen,

Please reread the part about Repeat Section that is what you need!

--

Gina Whipp wrote:
>Afrosheen,
>
>Add a Group Footer for the PositionTitle, space it about half an inch.  Do
>not place anything in the Group Footer.  What you should get is...
>
>Worker
>George          Fred
>Tom                Harry
>etc...
>
>Non Worker
>Bill              Tom
>
>WAIT... do you have it set up for columns also?  If yes then also set the
>Group Header for Repeat section = Yes.  If all you intended was to have the
>names be lined up together forget the Group Footer part and just do the
>Repeat Section.
>
>The positiontitle field is in the sorting/ grouping section.
>
>Field: PositionTitle
>Group Header: yes
>Group Footer: no
>Group on: each value
>Group Interval: 1
>Keep together: with first detail
>
>The names are in the detail.
>
>Gina Whipp wrote:
>>Afrosheen,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
>>>
>>>Thanks for your help.

Gina
2/12/2010 12:11:46 AM
I did as you suggested. Now it shows up as

Worker
                                 Tom
George

                                   Fred {He's a non worker}
Non Worker

Thanks for your help

Gina Whipp wrote:
>Afrosheen,
>
>Please reread the part about Repeat Section that is what you need!
>
>Good morning Gina. I'm sorry I did not see any Group Header for Repeat
>section. Must be I'm not awake. Please advise.
>
>I tried adding the Group Footer and what I got is:
>
>Worker                  Tom
>George                  Fred
>
>Gina Whipp wrote:
>>Afrosheen,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 30 lines]

Afrosheen
2/12/2010 11:29:53 AM
What or who comes before George?

--

Gina Whipp wrote:
>Afrosheen,
>
>Please reread the part about Repeat Section that is what you need!
>
>Good morning Gina. I'm sorry I did not see any Group Header for Repeat
>section. Must be I'm not awake. Please advise.
>
>I tried adding the Group Footer and what I got is:
>
>Worker                  Tom
>George                  Fred
>
>Gina Whipp wrote:
>>Afrosheen,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 30 lines]

Gina
2/13/2010 3:36:54 AM
The word Tom.

The lay out is:

Worker    {skips line}
{spaces}                  Tom
George  {is next line}

{spaces}                  {Fred} who is a NonWorker.
NonWorker   {Next Header}

I'm sorry I can't send you an attachment. I'd let you look at it as it is
printed.

The way it should look is:
Worker
Tom                 George

NonWorker
Fred

and so on.

Gina Whipp wrote:
>What or who comes before George?
>
>I did as you suggested. Now it shows up as
>
>Worker
>                                 Tom
>George
>
>                                   Fred {He's a non worker}
>Non Worker
>
>Thanks for your help
>
>Gina Whipp wrote:
>>Afrosheen,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]

Afrosheen
2/13/2010 4:07:31 PM
This is a two column report correct?  And PostitionTitle is a Group Header
correct?  If those two factors are correct then using the Repeat Section for
the Group Header should keep the names underneath it.  So what am I missing?
Are George and Tom records, as in George has a record and Tom has a record?

--

Gina Whipp wrote:
>What or who comes before George?
>
>I did as you suggested. Now it shows up as
>
>Worker
>                                 Tom
>George
>
>                                   Fred {He's a non worker}
>Non Worker
>
>Thanks for your help
>
>Gina Whipp wrote:
>>Afrosheen,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]

Gina
2/13/2010 10:53:27 PM
The group header is the [positiontitle] = the Worker
Tom & George are the workers.

Non Worker
Fred is a non worker.

Maybe I'm missing something?

Gina Whipp wrote:
>This is a two column report correct?  And PostitionTitle is a Group Header
>correct?  If those two factors are correct then using the Repeat Section for
>the Group Header should keep the names underneath it.  So what am I missing?
>Are George and Tom records, as in George has a record and Tom has a record?
>
>The word Tom.
>
>The lay out is:
>
>Worker    {skips line}
>{spaces}                  Tom
>George  {is next line}
>
>{spaces}                  {Fred} who is a NonWorker.
>NonWorker   {Next Header}
>
>I'm sorry I can't send you an attachment. I'd let you look at it as it is
>printed.
>
>The way it should look is:
>Worker
>Tom                 George
>
>NonWorker
>Fred
>
>and so on.
>
>Gina Whipp wrote:
>>What or who comes before George?
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]

Afrosheen
2/14/2010 5:10:14 AM
By the way I have the repeat section set to yes and I still get the report
that looks like I've explained.
Sorry.

Afrosheen wrote:
>The group header is the [positiontitle] = the Worker
>Tom & George are the workers.
>
>Non Worker
>Fred is a non worker.
>
>Maybe I'm missing something?
>
>>This is a two column report correct?  And PostitionTitle is a Group Header
>>correct?  If those two factors are correct then using the Repeat Section for
>[quoted text clipped - 30 lines]

Afrosheen
2/14/2010 5:20:24 AM
Can you zip that database up and send it to me?

--

Afrosheen wrote:
>The group header is the [positiontitle] = the Worker
>Tom & George are the workers.
>
>Non Worker
>Fred is a non worker.
>
>Maybe I'm missing something?
>
>>This is a two column report correct?  And PostitionTitle is a Group Header
>>correct?  If those two factors are correct then using the Repeat Section
>>for
>[quoted text clipped - 30 lines]

Gina
2/14/2010 2:45:24 PM
I would like to, but my employer will not let me due to sensitive information.

I'll just have to keep playing with it I guess.

When I was using single column the report was correct with everything in
place. It's just when I do two column that it "messes" up.

Gina Whipp wrote:
>Can you zip that database up and send it to me?
>
>By the way I have the repeat section set to yes and I still get the report
>that looks like I've explained.
>Sorry.
>
>>The group header is the [positiontitle] = the Worker
>>Tom & George are the workers.
>[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]

Afrosheen
2/14/2010 4:04:39 PM
What I told you should work, so I am guessing something is preventing it
from working.   So let's see if we can figure it out...  Does every record
contain a name or are you trying to skip lines between each record?

--

Gina Whipp wrote:
>Can you zip that database up and send it to me?
>
>By the way I have the repeat section set to yes and I still get the report
>that looks like I've explained.
>Sorry.
>
>>The group header is the [positiontitle] = the Worker
>>Tom & George are the workers.
>[quoted text clipped - 10 lines]

Gina
2/14/2010 4:09:31 PM
Every record contains a name and a position title. I went through every
records and made sure of that. Maybe this may have something to do with it I
don't know. It starts out with a count of one and no record showing up. I put
a counter in the footer to keep track of the number of position titles for a
particular position.

Gina Whipp wrote:
>What I told you should work, so I am guessing something is preventing it
>from working.   So let's see if we can figure it out...  Does every record
>contain a name or are you trying to skip lines between each record?
>
>I would like to, but my employer will not let me due to sensitive
>information.
>
>I'll just have to keep playing with it I guess.
>
>When I was using single column the report was correct with everything in
>place. It's just when I do two column that it "messes" up.
>
>Gina Whipp wrote:
>>Can you zip that database up and send it to me?
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

Afrosheen
2/14/2010 9:54:05 PM
Let's go over report...

Pages Header ( if you have one..

PositionTitle Header
Repeat Section = Yes
Keep Together = Yes

Detail Section

Keep Together = yes
Can Shrink = Yes

Sortings And Groupings (for entire Report)

Keep Together = No
Group On = Each Value

....see if yours matches.
--

Gina Whipp wrote:
>What I told you should work, so I am guessing something is preventing it
>from working.   So let's see if we can figure it out...  Does every record
>contain a name or are you trying to skip lines between each record?
>
>I would like to, but my employer will not let me due to sensitive
>information.
>
>I'll just have to keep playing with it I guess.
>
>When I was using single column the report was correct with everything in
>place. It's just when I do two column that it "messes" up.
>
>Gina Whipp wrote:
>>Can you zip that database up and send it to me?
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 7 lines]

Gina
2/14/2010 10:05:26 PM
Everything matches except the Sorting And Grouping. When I right clicked I
selected the Sortings and Groupings. This is what I have.

Group Header: Yes
Group Footer:  Yes
Group on: Each Value    Note: It only gave two options. The other was: Prefix
Char.
Group Interval: 1
Keep Together: With first detail.     Note: The other options: No and with
whole group.

Note: in the page set up, I have it printing Across, Then Down. Should that
be Down, Then Across?

I wanted to thank you for your help and sticking with me to try and figure
this out. It's probably something simple.

I'm using Access 2003 sp3 by the way.

Gina Whipp wrote:
>Let's go over report...
>
>Pages Header ( if you have one..
>
>PositionTitle Header
>Repeat Section = Yes
>Keep Together = Yes
>
>Detail Section
>
>Keep Together = yes
>Can Shrink = Yes
>
>Sortings And Groupings (for entire Report)
>
>Keep Together = No
>Group On = Each Value
>
>...see if yours matches.
>Every record contains a name and a position title. I went through every
>records and made sure of that. Maybe this may have something to do with it I
>don't know. It starts out with a count of one and no record showing up. I
>put
>a counter in the footer to keep track of the number of position titles for a
>particular position.
>
>Gina Whipp wrote:
>>What I told you should work, so I am guessing something is preventing it
>>from working.   So let's see if we can figure it out...  Does every record
>[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]

Afrosheen
2/14/2010 11:15:56 PM
Leave everything the same except change

Keep Together = No

Whether it does it Across first or Down first should ot matter...

No problem...

Gina Whipp wrote:
>Let's go over report...
>
>Pages Header ( if you have one..
>
>PositionTitle Header
>Repeat Section = Yes
>Keep Together = Yes
>
>Detail Section
>
>Keep Together = yes
>Can Shrink = Yes
>
>Sortings And Groupings (for entire Report)
>
>Keep Together = No
>Group On = Each Value
>
>...see if yours matches.
>Every record contains a name and a position title. I went through every
>records and made sure of that. Maybe this may have something to do with it
>don't know. It starts out with a count of one and no record showing up. I
>put
>a counter in the footer to keep track of the number of position titles for
>particular position.
>
>Gina Whipp wrote:
>>What I told you should work, so I am guessing something is preventing it
>>from working.   So let's see if we can figure it out...  Does every record
>[quoted text clipped - 13 lines]

Gina
2/14/2010 11:55:03 PM
Sorry Gina, that also didn't work. I guess it's like the phrase on your web
page. The impossible takes a little longer.

When I do the down, then across I a decent display/print preview. May just
have to live with that. Although that's not the way I wanted it.

Gina Whipp wrote:
>Leave everything the same except change
>
>Keep Together = No
>
>Whether it does it Across first or Down first should ot matter...
>
>No problem...
>Gina Whipp
>2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
>"I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
>II
>
>http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
>Everything matches except the Sorting And Grouping. When I right clicked I
>selected the Sortings and Groupings. This is what I have.
>
>Group Header: Yes
>Group Footer:  Yes
>Group on: Each Value    Note: It only gave two options. The other was:
>Prefix
>Char.
>Group Interval: 1
>Keep Together: With first detail.     Note: The other options: No and with
>whole group.
>
>Note: in the page set up, I have it printing Across, Then Down. Should that
>be Down, Then Across?
>
>I wanted to thank you for your help and sticking with me to try and figure
>this out. It's probably something simple.
>
>I'm using Access 2003 sp3 by the way.
>
>Gina Whipp wrote:
>>Let's go over report...
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 29 lines]

Afrosheen
2/15/2010 11:26:37 AM
Afrosheen,

What you're doing should not be impossible as I do it all the time.  I am
going to be out of town this week so hopefully someone will pick up this
thread and find what I am missing.  Might help if you start a new thread and
see if you get any hits!

--

Gina Whipp wrote:
>Leave everything the same except change
>
>Keep Together = No
>
>Whether it does it Across first or Down first should ot matter...
>
>No problem...
>Gina Whipp
>2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
>"I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
>II
>
>http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
>Everything matches except the Sorting And Grouping. When I right clicked I
>selected the Sortings and Groupings. This is what I have.
>
>Group Header: Yes
>Group Footer:  Yes
>Group on: Each Value    Note: It only gave two options. The other was:
>Prefix
>Char.
>Group Interval: 1
>Keep Together: With first detail.     Note: The other options: No and with
>whole group.
>
>Note: in the page set up, I have it printing Across, Then Down. Should that
>be Down, Then Across?
>
>I wanted to thank you for your help and sticking with me to try and figure
>this out. It's probably something simple.
>
>I'm using Access 2003 sp3 by the way.
>
>Gina Whipp wrote:
>>Let's go over report...
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 29 lines]

Gina
2/15/2010 1:34:41 PM
Thanks for the help Gina. Have a safe trip.

Maybe I'll try redesigning the form and see what happens.

Gina Whipp wrote:
>Afrosheen,
>
>What you're doing should not be impossible as I do it all the time.  I am
>going to be out of town this week so hopefully someone will pick up this
>thread and find what I am missing.  Might help if you start a new thread and
>see if you get any hits!
>
>Sorry Gina, that also didn't work. I guess it's like the phrase on your web
>page. The impossible takes a little longer.
>
>When I do the down, then across I a decent display/print preview. May just
>have to live with that. Although that's not the way I wanted it.
>
>Gina Whipp wrote:
>>Leave everything the same except change
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 36 lines]

Afrosheen
2/15/2010 2:47:32 PM
What have you decided?  New form?

--

Gina Whipp wrote:
>Afrosheen,
>
>What you're doing should not be impossible as I do it all the time.  I am
>going to be out of town this week so hopefully someone will pick up this
>thread and find what I am missing.  Might help if you start a new thread
>and
>see if you get any hits!
>
>Sorry Gina, that also didn't work. I guess it's like the phrase on your web
>page. The impossible takes a little longer.
>
>When I do the down, then across I a decent display/print preview. May just
>have to live with that. Although that's not the way I wanted it.
>
>Gina Whipp wrote:
>>Leave everything the same except change
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 36 lines]

Gina
2/22/2010 5:14:48 AM
I hope you had a nice trip.

I gave up. I ended up putting the categories in two columns printing down and
up. It looks good enough.

Thanks again for trying to help me out I really appreciate it.

Gina Whipp wrote:
>What have you decided?  New form?
>
>Thanks for the help Gina. Have a safe trip.
>
>Maybe I'll try redesigning the form and see what happens.
>
>Gina Whipp wrote:
>>Afrosheen,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 15 lines]

Afrosheen
2/22/2010 5:42:18 PM
Afrosheen,

Yes I did thanks...  Glad you got it working but sorry couldn't figure out
why it wouldn't work the other way.

You're welcome!

Gina Whipp wrote:
>What have you decided?  New form?
>
>Thanks for the help Gina. Have a safe trip.
>
>Maybe I'll try redesigning the form and see what happens.
>
>Gina Whipp wrote:
>>Afrosheen,
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 15 lines]

Gina

Sales Invoice Entry include Line Numbers
Client would like the Invoice Entry screen in Sales to include line item reference numbers to make it easier when they have an invoice with many lines. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbro...

Target Line
Hi there I am doing some charts for performance on a monthly/weekly basis... The problem I am having is adding a target line on a chart. Previous I have done this manually by adding a dotted line and moving it to the desired target. I have now automated the charts so the month/week adds in each time the data is added... this changes the size of the chart thus the target line need setting again... Is there anyway that I can automatically put a target line in as this will not change and I wish it to be fixed. Say for example scale = 1-10 target = 5 on the gridline for 5 make this one ...

adding a skip pattern
Does MS Access refer to "skip patterns" by a different name? Is there any relatively simple way to include skip patterns in an Access form? Example: if the answer to question 1 = no, then skip to question 6. In a previous post, the reply below was given, but I must confess that I am not so swift to fully understand. Can someone provide a bit more detail: "You'd used the afterupdate event on a given control then use the setfocus method to move the cursor to another control and use the Enabled control property to control whether or not other controls remain active or...

How can I conditionally format in excel for >3 conditions
There are a possible 5 different conditions which I wish to use to determine the colour of a given cell. Each condition should result in a different colour. Using the "wizard" I get a maximum of 3 colours. Is there a slick way around this limitation? What's the criteria for all your scenarios? I mean, chances are, using a =if() with an or() or and and() will do just fine, 1 condition. Danny On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 05:21:03 -0700, Jimbo <Jimbo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > There are a possible 5 different conditions which I wish to use to > de...

Conditional chart formating
I need to format my charts so the color of the data points change depending on the value amount. My tabels are already set up and cannot be change or have anything new added due to the amount and delicacy of data. Is there a macro I can use. Perhaps a formula I can put somewhere? Hi, Ed Ferrero has a vba example. It's for a column chart but the code will be very similar. Instead of interior fill you will be doing marker stuff. eg: .MarkerBackgroundColorIndex = 50 .MarkerForegroundColorIndex = 50 Conditional Chart Formatting example. http://www.edferrero.com/charti...

Skip if empty
Everyone, I'm sure this is an easy fix, but it is just beyond me. Hopefully, one of you is going to make me feel stupid. I have an excel 2003 workbook that is a template for a merge document in Word. I need it to be able to handle 10 different sets of information starting in column B and ending in column J. I have all the information for the Word document in sheet1 of the workbook, and I'm going to merge from sheet2. I'm not always going to have all 10 of the columns filled with information. so I need to be able to skip code when I run out of records so that when I merge them...

Dimension lines in fractions
How can I get dimension line measurements to be inches and fractions of inches instead of inches and decimal units in Visio 2000. I have set the page up in page setup, page properties for inches. When I drag a dimention onto the page it comes out like 22.5" instead of 22 1/2". How do I get Visio to display the latter. Thanks Try right-clicking on the shape. There is probably a way to set the units for the dimension there. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Tom" <tp1354@sb...

How do I suppress a blank line in Mail Merge in Publisher?
In the print dialog there is a check-off "Don't print lines that contain only empty fields." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tinky" <Tinky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93D1CFED-FBBD-4910-BD51-FCB357980E45@microsoft.com... > ...

Conditional Cell protection #2
I would like to blank and protect certain cells depending on a value in one cell (A1). If, e.g. the value in cell A1 is 6, then the users are only allowed to enter values in the first 6 weeks for that year (=first 6 columns in the table). In order to avoid problems I would like to erase all existing data in columns 7--> and then lock these cells. Any ideas how to do this? ...

file skipped
HI,All The following file is being skipped, should I be concerned..???? Backup - \\USFIN2KEX1\D: Data Unable to open the item \\USFIN2KEX1\D:\exchsrvr\imcdata\queue.dat - skipped. thanks Do online, exchange aware backups of the store. Do not do flat-file backups of the exchsrvr dirs and you wont see that error. :) On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 10:35:33 -0400, "Darren D" <Darren@somewhere.com> wrote: >HI,All >The following file is being skipped, should I be concerned..???? >Backup - \\USFIN2KEX1\D: Data >Unable to open the item \\USFIN2KEX1\D:\exchsrvr\imcdata\queue.da...

Grouping lines together
I use the folloing code in VB that will create a email with the customer details in strBody = strBody & DLookup("[DeliveryAddressHouseName]", "tblCustomers", "[CustomerNumber]=" & Me.CustomerNumber) & vbCrLf strBody = strBody & DLookup("[DeliveryAddress1]", "tblCustomers", "[CustomerNumber]=" & Me.CustomerNumber) & vbCrLf strBody = strBody & DLookup("[DeliveryAddress2]", "tblCustomers", "[CustomerNumber]=" & Me.CustomerNumber) & vbCrLf strBody = strBody & DLookup(&...

changing line weights
I have inserted a CAD drawing (AutoCAD R14) into VISIO 2003 Prof. Demo version and wanted to change the line weiughts of several layers. The operating sysytem for the pentium celron 2.5 ghz computer is XP Home Edition. Going through Help it indicates a clear method of doing what I need accomplished. However, it does not apply the changes as described in the help and as edited. Is it because this is a demo version or am I not finding the right commands? I appreciate anyone's assistance. Thanks, ...

POP Blank form on 8.0 and adding new address lines for country
I downloaded the new POP Blank Form from the website, due to some issues where you can't add any new calc fields to the report. I then modified the vAddressLine1, 2, 3 (remove the last "" and add Country, then created a new sAddressLine 4. The formulas are correct. They are setup identically to how our SOP ones are, how our old POP form was etc., so I know it's setup correctly. However, when I go to print POs, the data is inconsistent: New POs don't print the 4th line at all, older POs (ie POs that were in the system before upgrading to version 8) print with c...

WMP Command Line
I'm trying to open the WMP 11 to play a specific song in fullscreen mode usingthe command line 1. wmplayer.exe "full path + file name" /fullscreen does not open anyhing 2. "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" "full path + file name" /fullscreen opens the WPM 11 plays the song but not in full screen mode I need to use this command line to start the WPM from a powerpoint presentation with visualizations Thanks -- Ittai On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 10:52:01 -0700, Ittai <Ittai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm ...

Start/End dates on invoice detail lines...
How do you get an invoice to put in on each detail line the date started/ended from the time entry page? -- Keith ''StarPilot'' Barrows ASPInsider http://sol3.net/ ...

Prevent equation from skipping data when referencing import data?
I am referencing data that is being imported from access in table on a seperate worksheet. When the data is refreshed, only the last new entry is placed in my seperate table, not all of them. How do I fix this? ...

Lines are hidden on line chart
Is there any way to differentiate lines that are on top of each other? That is, they have similar data at some point on the chart. I've got a time-scale line chart - so it's a step chart and some of the data for the two lines I've got are the same. On the chart, all you see is one line - I'm just trying to determine if there is a way to differentiate them ... thanks. Coinciding lines are overlapping by default. Line widths are limited in Excel (will be btter in Excel 2007) and this is likely not a sensible option. Maybe you can use clearly discriminating dots (a.g...

How do I add vertical lines to separate columns in Outlook 2003 #2
In Outlook 2000, all columns were separated by a gray vertical line. I can't seem to set this up in Outlook 2003. Any help would be appreciated ARe you using Word as the message editor? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, mschwartz asked: | In Outlook 2000, all columns were separated by a gray | vertical line. I can't seem to set this up in O...

Conditional Format & Inserting Cells #2
I don't know if that would work or not. I've never used a VLOOKUP code I'll have to see if I can learn how to do that -- Phunnybon ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Phunnybonz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1590 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27389 I'm not sure how to use this, but try the <Match> command. this looks exact matches in two or more cells. Not sure of the exact coding though. Celtic_Avenge -- Celtic_Avenge ------------------------...

Deactivate button macro if condition not met
Hi, This is probably simple, but I am getting stuck with it. I have a button with an attached macro. Cell A1 sets the permission that allows the macro to run or not run as follows: If Cell A1 is 1 the macro may continue to run. If Cell A1 is 0 the macro may not run further and a popup alert should say, "Stop! Button may not be used on this page." I don't want to use data validation's conditional alert, because it would cause a popup when the page opens and not when the user selects the button mentioned above. I'm trying If, Then, End if statements, but...

How to draw a transparent Line
Hi All, I do like this, LineTo( m_hdcMemory,point.x, point.y); But I have a line with width 12units (CreatePen(PS_SOLID, 12,RGB(COLOR)); How can I make the Line taransparent. I want to use it for highliting of a region on another bitmap. Thanks Anup "Matrixinline" <anup.kataria@gmail.com> wrote in message news:22b23db6-f3bc-4b1a-b12d-7b469d3f4de4@f3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > I do like this, > LineTo( m_hdcMemory,point.x, point.y); > > But I have a line with width 12units (CreatePen(PS_SOLID, > 12,RGB(COLOR)); > > How can I make the Line taran...

Ability to skip/not skip lines on the Blank Invoice Form
Would like the ability to skip or not skip lines on the Blank Invoice Form, similar to how GPA let you enter a blank line between items. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defa...

need to get lines to appear when sending access to Word
When I send an access report to Microsoft Word, all the numbers show up fine, but none of the lines. How do I get the lines to show up. Take a look at what Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/ReportUtilities.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Kenjack" <Kenjack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:137CFB38-F716-4EF9-B29B-22AF478CA18E@microsoft.com... > When I send an access report to Microsoft Word, all the numbers show up > fine, > but none of the lines. How do I get the lines to show up...

Skip a bill
I have my credit card payments set up in "bills and deposits" and don't need to pay my credit card this month (did not use it). The bills and deposits module tells me that this bill is now past due. How can I let Money know that I don't need to pay this one? Thanks, Dave B After a little more searching I found that I can choose "skip" from within the bill. Thanks, Dave B. ...

missing part of lines
Help!! I'm transferring spreadsheets from Excel2000 to 2003 & just noticed that when I print, any line with an underline or a double underline prints as if the row is too small, & the top part of letters & numbers in the line is chopped off. I can go to the row numbers & enlarge the size of the row, but it's hit or miss as to how it will look. This is serious stuff--I have a lot of clients' financial statements set up on templates like this. Am I going to have to reformat all of them??? Thanks for any insight--jw ...