Skip Used Mailing Labels and Print Duplicates in Access 2003 / 2000

On Sep 8 2004, 12:04 pm, "pete johnson" <petejohnson...@att.net>
wrote:
> Microsoft Knowledge Base Article -231801
> kb atricle #231801deals with skipping used labels which would normally be
> wasted if you print on part of a sheet of labels.  it claims that it is foraccess2000.  i just used it onaccess97 and it worked perfectly, the first
> time, every time.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/231801

#231801 is a very useful article..

But, it can be made even better by making it even more generic...

Replace STEP 2 Statement, From This:

=LabelLayout(Reports![MyLabels])

To This:

=LabelLayout([Report])

This way it is so generic that you don't have to change the report
name for each reports... Hope this helps...

Please correct me if I have done something wrong... it looks working
to me so far with this change..

And, it works on Access 2003 as well.

---

I learned this trick while reading through:

http://allenbrowne.com/AppLogDocUse.html

0
ihightower

E-mailing newsletter
I have Pub 2002 with XP. Tried to send a four-page newsletter with a masthead but recipient couldn't unlock it. It goes via "all files." Is the masthead blocking its receipt and, if so, what can I do about it? Thanks ...

Skip if empty
Everyone, I'm sure this is an easy fix, but it is just beyond me. Hopefully, one of you is going to make me feel stupid. I have an excel 2003 workbook that is a template for a merge document in Word. I need it to be able to handle 10 different sets of information starting in column B and ending in column J. I have all the information for the Word document in sheet1 of the workbook, and I'm going to merge from sheet2. I'm not always going to have all 10 of the columns filled with information. so I need to be able to skip code when I run out of records so that when I merge them...

use IF to return a truly blank cell
I often use if statements to return empty cells, for example: =IF(a1=0,"ERROR","") The trailing "" returns an empty cell. The problem is, it is not TRULY empty. If I fill that formula down, I cannot, for example, jump from one "ERROR" cell to the next by hitting Ctrl arrow-down because it seems to think that these empty cells have contents. Is there a way to designate, in such a formula as above, to return a TRULY empty cell? Thanks -- cwinters ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cwinters's Profile: ht...

Access Version being used
This work only if the version of Access matches the version of Excel. How do you detect the Access version being used? Private Sub CommandButton5_Click() 'Go to customer database Dim X As String Dim nVer As Long nVer = Val(Application.Version) MainMenu.Hide If nVer = 11 Then X = Shell("C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\MSACCESS.EXE \\SERVER3\database\Customers.MDB", 1) Else If nVer = 12 Then X = Shell("c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\MSACCESS.EXE \\SERVER3\database\Customers.MDB", 1) Else If nVer =...

not showing the e-mail address in contacts
Hello, Server: Windows 2003, Exchange 2003 Desktop: Windows XP and Outlook 2003 I have disabled a user account in windows 2003. When I go into my outlook program, their e-mail address is still in the Global Address List. I would like their address removed from that list. How would I do that? I do not want to delete the e-mail account or the user account. Thanks for any help. In ADUC (with Exchange Tools installed), select the user account and go to Properties, there is a checkbox on one of the tabs that says something to the effect of "Hide from the address book". F...

adding a skip pattern
Does MS Access refer to "skip patterns" by a different name? Is there any relatively simple way to include skip patterns in an Access form? Example: if the answer to question 1 = no, then skip to question 6. In a previous post, the reply below was given, but I must confess that I am not so swift to fully understand. Can someone provide a bit more detail: "You'd used the afterupdate event on a given control then use the setfocus method to move the cursor to another control and use the Enabled control property to control whether or not other controls remain active or...

printing transparency problems still
In a previous post, said publisher has problems with transp. Would installing a new graphics card cause a problem. I tried using the transp. on pictures, and it still gives me the problem. It is alright till I go to print. In print preview looks fine, I haave the printer set up to have a separate print pre view, when it does that, you can see the picture is going to be blotchy. I have unstalled and reinstalled the drivers, without any luck. Would it be the printer or the program? Trying to figure this out where I did not have the problem before. Could their be a setting in publisher I have...

Can not open Excel file from Outlook 2000
I can open Excel file from Excel no problem, but I can not open attatchment excel file from outlook 2000. I have reintsall Office twice. I am running Windows 2000 Pro. Help Jimmy ...

file skipped
HI,All The following file is being skipped, should I be concerned..???? Backup - \\USFIN2KEX1\D: Data Unable to open the item \\USFIN2KEX1\D:\exchsrvr\imcdata\queue.dat - skipped. thanks Do online, exchange aware backups of the store. Do not do flat-file backups of the exchsrvr dirs and you wont see that error. :) On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 10:35:33 -0400, "Darren D" <Darren@somewhere.com> wrote: >HI,All >The following file is being skipped, should I be concerned..???? >Backup - \\USFIN2KEX1\D: Data >Unable to open the item \\USFIN2KEX1\D:\exchsrvr\imcdata\queue.da...

How to use MSExcel to plot Column A against Col B?
I want to plot col A (x axis) against col B ( y axis). I cant seem to do it. Can anyone here please give me step by step primer. Thanks in advance. All I get is the graph of (1,2,............n) (x axis) against the n values of either col A or B. i.e 2 graphs instead of one. (In the old Lotus this was so simple: select the column for the X axis and then select the col for the Y and press enter, and you'd get the chart) Why is it so diff in Excel? Select the entire range you want to graph such as a2:b44>insert>chart>>>> -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@au...

How do I suppress a blank line in Mail Merge in Publisher?
In the print dialog there is a check-off "Don't print lines that contain only empty fields." -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Tinky" <Tinky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93D1CFED-FBBD-4910-BD51-FCB357980E45@microsoft.com... > ...

Using a form in Excel to Filter
I would like to create a form in Excel that is similar to a form in Access. This form will hold all fields on the underlying spreadsheet and enable the user to sort using combo box dropdowns. Ideally, the form would have a button titled RUN that will take all the data the user selects in the combos and filter the underlying spreadsheet. Can this be done?? If so....you will save my life! TIA, Chris Try this Add-in http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl <ccfatzin@ibtco.com> wrote in message news:1122677766.648239.226910@z14g200...

Lots of queued mail from postmaster
I have hundreds of queues in my ESM with mail from postmaster@yourdomain.com. I have seen in an earlier post that this is indicative of a virus. We are running Symantec AV for Mail Gateways on a server in front of our Exchange server. We do not have any AV software installed on our Exchange server itself, since we have been trying to keep 3rd party programs away from Exchange to prevent possible conflicts. I want to get rid of these queues somehow. It doesn't look like it would be healthy. -- Remove your hat to email reply Find out what machine is generating them by looking at the Re...

Public Folders missing after going from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003!!! HELP!
Ok - this is what happened. I was following along in MS KB #316886, and I was on page 5 where it talks about the migration of Public Folders and Mailboxes. What I did was (I didn't read the directions carefully, I know) I went to move the Public Folders to the new 2003 Exchange server. I went to the 5.5 Admin program, and went to the Public Folder that I wanted to move, and I went to Properties, and the Replicas Tab. I misunderstood the directions. So basically, how it was set up was: BEFORE: Servers: Replicate Folders To: EXCH3 EXCHANG EXCH2K3 AFTER: Servers: ...

Prevent equation from skipping data when referencing import data?
I am referencing data that is being imported from access in table on a seperate worksheet. When the data is refreshed, only the last new entry is placed in my seperate table, not all of them. How do I fix this? ...

paste text into a used cell
I need to move text from one row to a single cell that has been formatted to wrap text and repeat the process for other rows. Paste is not working. Please advise. When you copy and paste, you paste the format as well as the contents If you want to copy text to a cell that is formatted differently instead of paste, slelct paste special, values -- ElsiePO ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ElsiePOA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=390 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26962 ...

need to get lines to appear when sending access to Word
When I send an access report to Microsoft Word, all the numbers show up fine, but none of the lines. How do I get the lines to show up. Take a look at what Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/ReportUtilities.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Kenjack" <Kenjack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:137CFB38-F716-4EF9-B29B-22AF478CA18E@microsoft.com... > When I send an access report to Microsoft Word, all the numbers show up > fine, > but none of the lines. How do I get the lines to show up...

How do I set up a double chart using two sets of information?
I'm trying to compare figures between monthly and weekly figures and wanted to set up a double chart using the same legend and heading.......I've seen bar charts and also background and foreground charts done this way and wanted to do the same if possible in Excel........ ...

How to host email using Exchange 2003
We need to set up email using Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003, and considering the following situation, it looks like we should attempt to host our own email for sending and receiving. We currently have no email implemented so interruption is not going to be an issue and our maximum number of email accounts is 15-20. All (15) client workstations are using Windows 2000 or XP Professional with Outlook 2003 and we want to use Outlook as the email reader/client. The network uses static IP addresses. Our ISP/Domain Name situation is as follows: Our ISP is a cable company and we have (5) static IPs avai...

Bug in Xsl Transformation (unable to return nodelist using choose/where/otherwise in variable)
Hello! I've come across a strange error that occurs, when you try to return a nodelist from a variable with a choose/where/otherwise statement. I'm not quite sure whether it's a bug or simply lack of W3C support. All I know is, that this Xsl document works with the current implementation of MSXML V4.0 SP2 if transformed using e.g. VB6. I'm told by the compiler at runtime, that "the expression should evaluate to a nodeset" (the choose/where/otherwise part). What this Xsl document basically does is to look for the parameter "ImageID". If the ImageID is empt...

Ability to skip/not skip lines on the Blank Invoice Form
Would like the ability to skip or not skip lines on the Blank Invoice Form, similar to how GPA let you enter a blank line between items. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defa...

Outlook 2003 -Distribution list problem
I have a user that is trying to create a distribution list, clicks on the address book, creates new entry, selects distribution lists, clicks ok. THen we recieve an error. "A new entry could no be added, please use the contacts module to create the entry" Has anyone seen this or knows how to resolve the issue. This is the only person having this problem (As I know it now) We are using exchange 2003 server. Any help is appreciated THanks Steve Williams <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > "A new entry could no be added, please use the contacts &g...

HELP! Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy is not intended for direct use, please use the public SDK.
Can someone post the following DLL's from CRM 1.2? They should be on the installation CD. If you want to e-mail send to robert[at] ockhamgroup.com Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.dll (1.2.3297.0) Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Types.dll (1.2.3297.0) Details... I'm attempting the following solution: Moving External Data into Microsoft CRM: Lead Generation http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms913871.aspx http://download.microsoft.com/download/e/4/5/e45c4994-6878-4871- 8699-6793b8f13c34/leadgeneration.exe What I need is either: 1. a working compiled LeadGenerator.exe executable; o...

Eingebundene Bilder in Outlook-HTML-Mail / embedded graphics in HTML
Hallo, hier mal eine vollst�ndige L�sung zum Versenden einer HTML-Mail mit eingebundenen Bildern aus Outlook 2000. Die L�sungsans�tze sind aus verschiedenen NG's. Es ist kein CDO-Verweis notwendig! VBA-Code in MS-Access 2000 Here a complete solution for sending a HTML mail with embedded graphics via Outlook 2000. The methods of solution are from different NG's. You don't need the CDO reference! VBA-Code with MS-Access 2000 '--- Start of Code --- Public Function sendOLEmbeddedHTMLGraphic(strSendTo As String, _ Optional strSendCC As Va...

Access 2003 SP3 Problem
Why does Access shutdown sometimes when deleting a record. This did not happen before the company installed SP3. Thanks for your help in advance. Go to the subform and open it in design view. Find the onclick event. To the right will be a little square - click on it and pick code builder. Type the following starting with where the cursor is: Dim stpassword as string stpassword = inputbox ("enter your password") If stpassword = "your password" then docmd.openform "your form name",,, acnormal else: Msgbox "you entered the wrong password&quo...