Simple Report Formatting Question

Good morning everyone.
I have what I think is a fairly simple question, with hopefully a
simple answer.

Question is regarding the "Can Grow" property.

The fields in the DETAILS section of my report contain borders.  I
have the CAN GROW property set to Yes for all fields.

My question is - if one of the fields needs to grow to accomodate text
data, how can instruct the remaining fileds to also grow to the same
size.  The right most field in my report contains user comments (it is
a memo field), and quite often it needs to grow, but the remaining
fields in the row do not grow.  The result is that is looks messy -
becuase I have borders around the fields.

I want the report to have a "spreadsheet" feel to it, so I included
borders for each field to resemble "cells".

Any help would be appreciated.

GZ

0
Junior

Simplest solution would be to add a line control to the bottom of the Detail
section, to give you the line between sections.

To get the vertical lines, use the Line method in the Page event of the
control. The code measures the distances in twips, where 1400 twips = 1
inch. You will need to decide how you want to space your lines, but this
example shows how to draw a red line the full height of the report:

Private Sub Report_Page()
    Me.Line (Me.ScaleTop, Me.ScaleLeft)-(Me.ScaleTop, Me.ScaleHeight), vbRed
End Sub

"Junior" <gziotek@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Good morning everyone.
> I have what I think is a fairly simple question, with hopefully a
> simple answer.
>
> Question is regarding the "Can Grow" property.
>
> The fields in the DETAILS section of my report contain borders.  I
> have the CAN GROW property set to Yes for all fields.
>
> My question is - if one of the fields needs to grow to accomodate text
> data, how can instruct the remaining fileds to also grow to the same
> size.  The right most field in my report contains user comments (it is
> a memo field), and quite often it needs to grow, but the remaining
> fields in the row do not grow.  The result is that is looks messy -
> becuase I have borders around the fields.
>
> I want the report to have a "spreadsheet" feel to it, so I included
> borders for each field to resemble "cells".
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> GZ

0
Allen

Excel Reports & GP 10
Hi All, I have a question regarding the Office Data Connections in GP 10. If an excel report is created from a smartlist query and sent to a person who does not have GP access can they update the report by using the "refresh" function? Does the company need to have Sharepoint installed for this or is the only prerequisite Office 2007? Thanks -- TC I don't see that it shouldn't work ok. Somewhere in the connections in office 2007 you'll end up seeing a connection string that controls the database connection. Then of course there is the query that excel is us...

Crystal Report Images on the same horizontal line
Hi! I'm trying to get images from a DB and I need to place them on a small card in the same row (attached is a MS Word doc example). I don't know how to manipulate the BLOB fields to place it in the same row. It is a small A5 card. I need to get the persons text info placed in rows. This is easy. But I need to place their pictures on the same horizontal line. This is where I don't fall of the bus. Eg. 1. Name 2. Name 3. Name 1. Photo 2.Photo 3.Photo Thanx! Frik Thanx! Frik Olivier This is the wrong user group for this question. Try the SQL Server user gr...

Simple graph
I have a chart with zip codes and a population rate. ZIP RATE 80001 2.34 80002 1.23 80003 1.23 I want to make a chart that has the rate on the x axis and the number of times that rate occurs on the y axis. | | | * | | * |_________________________________ | | 1.23 2.34 Thank you. I will assume the ZIP and RATE stuff is in A1:B200 (labels in row 1) Label in G1 to read RATE (but leave it empty for now), label in H2 to read COUNT Make a list of rates in G2:G20 (say) In H2 =COUNTIF($B$2:$B$200,G2) Copy down the row Select H1:G20 and make a...

Simple Simple Simple
Just started Excel (again) and need to make an easy speadsheet fo calculating square inches. Column A: Height Column B: Legnth Column C: Total Tags per 16 x 24 Column D: Cost per tag Figures I know: each sheet cost me $9.98. each sheet is 16 x 24 inches What I want to do is enter the Height, enter the Length and have th total (sum) be entered into columns C and D. I can't believe I forgot how to enter formulas. Any help will b appreciated. Thank you, Crai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Craig, One Way, might be better ways but this'll work: List the colou...

Report Print Preview in Access 2007
Problem is I can set up a report under properties to open in Print Preview as the default, but when I add it to the switchboard, it opens in Report view instead. How can I get it to use Print Preview mode when users open the report? Thank you for your time and assistance. Check the switchboard code. Look at the HandleButtonClick() routine. My switchboard was originally created in an older Access version. That routine contains a Select Case statement to process the various commans. The relevant one in my code reads: ' Open a report. Case conCmdOpenReport ...

Simple help with implementing Outlook-like GUI
Hi All. I am an experienced unix programmer who sometimes has to do something in the windows world, and always has newbie-questions. Basically I want to write an application program that looks like outlook in that it has nice icons down the left hand side that choose the content of the main area in the right hand side. So I started the MFC App wizard, and got me a SDI program with a CLeftFrame (CTreeView) and a CMainFrame (CFrameWnd). Then I prepared the following snippet of code to draw the buttons: // Create a pushbutton CBitmapButton* pmyButton; pmyButton = new CB...

Need to be able to run Historical outstanding check report
Have clients that need to be able to run a Historical outstanding report. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=bf1482a4-b574-4368-ad30-af8ed9fbd297&dg=microso...

How to preserve conditional formatting on a web query table result
I have an external database that Excel queries and returns two columns of dates. I can set up a conditional format (in one colum) so that the dates in each row of the column change colour if the corresponding columns date is different. My problem is how to COPY and PASTE the conditional formatting across all dates in the one column (so that each cell looks at the date in the corresponding cell next to it)? Any ideas or suggestions? You can just use the format painter to copy and paste formats -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Simon L" <Simon L@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://uknews.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

Sender filtering questioning
1.) Is there anyway to seperate the "Message with Blank Sender" and the senders manually defined into different folders, When the "Archives Filtered Messages" is enabled? Its kind of tough the search through 1000's of emails to find out if 1 person in the list has send email. 2.) Also in the bad mail directory why is 3 files created for 1 bad email, this is a space hog, Also is there anyway to stop the collection of bad emails? thanks, Chris DEL *.* Schedule a job to do it. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"...

Sub Report Repeating
With On My Main Report I have a Sup Report, The Main Reports Shows The Project Number. Project Title and Enquiry: Enquiry Could Be Anything From "Supply Only Ductwork" The Sub-Report Shows All The Drawings That Are Needed For That Enquiry, The Sub-Report Is Set to a Contineuos Type, The Problem Arise's If Ive Seletced The Say 2 or more Companys For that Enquiry, What Is Happening The Sub Report Is Duplicating The Drawing List For How Many Companys Ive Set The Enquiry To. Is The Away I Can Just Print the One Set of Drawings for that Enquiry Records, and Not Repeat the Whole S...

Style Formatting Task Pane
Somehow this task pane has become resized and now appears across my page, making it very difficult to edit my document while the task pane is open. (Note, I am using Word 2003.) I have tried resizing it by placing my cursor over the four dots until it turns to the four arrows, but it will NOT resize. I tried closing all my toolbars and using customize to reset it, but "reset" becomes grayed out when all the toolbars are closed. I want it to go back to the right hand side of my page. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you. -- -JT See the "Resiz...

Report Printing
I have a FORM. On this form is a BUTTON. This button should be opening an REPORT and PRINTING it. The REPORT is based on information pulled together in a QUERY. The query asks for a Sales Number in a dialog box. The FORM in question also has a Sales Number field. I need for the BUTTON to open and print the REPORT based on the contents of the Sales Number field rather than asking for it in a dialog box. All attempts I have made to achieve this have failed. Any ideas? Farkyss - In your query, instead of just having [Sales Number], you should have something like Forms![Yo...

GP8 Security and Modified report
Hi there this is my problem We have this bunch of modified report for different departement here With of course different security for each of them So far, the initial security has been apllied with the standard security from an external consultant. He found it easier to work with that He told me a while ago the only problem is you cannot do it by groups,,, user only So I openned "Advance security" a choose "view by alternate modified and custom". Now what I see is not the same as standard security User for a particular report that doesn't have access ...

disable auto conversion data to date-format when pasting
I have following problem: I copy some data from webpage. the data are in format like this: 31 / 40 28 / 34 21 / 68 47 / 63 34 / 45 26 / 48 11 / 24 16 / 32 when I paste that to excel I get following: 31 / 40 28 / 34 21 / 68 47 / 63 34 / 45 26 / 48 2004-11-24 16 / 32 as I understeand excel by default tries to choose best format for dat I paste. this is really annoying because it in reality changes data paste - 11 / 24 is no longer 11 /24 - it is now 38315 <- the real wa date data is stored and I can no longer get two first and two las numbers as I would be able from 11 / ...

Excel 2000 Header Date Format..
I'm moving from MS Works to MS Office 2000. In Excel, the date in the Header is all numbers, for example, today's date is 29-01-09 but I want it to show 29 January 2009. I can't figure out what to change to get the proper date format. I do want the format as dd-mm-yyyy but I want the month to be January not 01. I'm using Windows XP home edition SP3. -- JD.. Excel takes the header date from your Windows short date settings. You cannot change that setting to the format you want to see. You can run a macro to set the date as you wish. Sub header_date() ActiveSheet.Pag...

Problem with Date Formatting
I am importing a text file with dates in the format 3/1/05. I need the data formatted as DD-MMM-YYYY. I can get this for all dates EXCEPT where the leading zero has been dropped off the day, such as 3/1/05. Can anyone suggest how to do this in Excel? ...

Simple Query Wizard hangs
I am using Access 2003 When I initiate the "Simple Query Wizard", I am presented with the first screen - "What fields do you want in your query" When I click on the pulldown list to select a table, I get the following message: "The expression On Get Focus you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: the text you entered isn't an item in the list * the expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]. * There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or macro&q...

Access Report
On my Report I have a Page Header that has my column names, a Category Header that has my Categories and then my Detail. How do I sum up my Categories after each heading? Do I have to create another Header? ANO $400,000 10% $5000 15% $600,000 15% $8000 14% I WANT TO SUM UP ANO DATA HERE BEN $400,000 10% $5000 15% $600,000 15% $8000 14% You want a Category Footer. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) &...

GP Crash when printing reports
Whenn printing reports (Invoice or Trial Balance) GP crash and returning and error GP encountered an issue and needs to be closed. Look at the Event Log and the error is "The description for EVent ID (1000) in Source (Dexterity) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL fies to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE = Flag to retrieve this description . What is the cause of this Issue? Ems Most likely a corrupted reports dictionary file (REPORTS.DIC). If these are modified reports, I...

Purchase Order Format
I would like to remove the barcode from the purchase orders and the inventory received report. I just started using RMS about 2 weeks ago and I am stuck. Please Help! open the template file in notepad and comment out the barcode section of the file: usual file location is c:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store Operations\ReceiptTemplates\PO.xml <!-- ========================= --> <!-- Barcode --> <!-- ========================= --> <!-- <Barcode> <STYLE> msSExtendedCode93 </STYLE> <UPCNOT...

I Need a Simple Sales Software
Hello, I am looking for software to keep track of my prospects, customers, and the notes of the sales process. I spend about one hour a day on sales and marketing, so I prefer a simple and inexpensive software. Maximizer, Outlook, Act, and Goldmine seem made for the full-time professional salesperson. Please let me know if what I am looking for exists. Best Regards, T.I. ...

Label / Notes / Legend on the RIGHT of a Report
I have an Excel report with a legend box on the right. I am trying to recreate this report in Access but am not sure how to do it. Either it is repeating with every record or it shows at the TOP of the report or page. I want it on the RIGHT of the report. I thought about using a subreport, but I would rather not if possible. Rebecca_SUNY wrote: >I have an Excel report with a legend box on the right. I am trying to >recreate this report in Access but am not sure how to do it. Either it is >repeating with every record or it shows at the TOP of the report or page. I >wan...

Reports
Greetings, If i have a combo box on a form that runs a report, can i reference hidden columns form it ( Im assuming as I only pass in the bound column, probably not) ?? e.g. =[Forms]![frmstudentletter]![cbostudentid]![Column](1) Doesnt like the above .. And how can I concatenate fields? It doesnt like =[FirstName] & " " & [SurName] Cheers Rob On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 23:01:12 -0000, Rob W wrote: > Greetings, > > If i have a combo box on a form that runs a report, can i reference hidden > columns form it ( Im assuming as I only pass in the bound column, p...

Make it more simple or intuitive to do simple things
I appreciate the fact that applications are becoming more versatile and able to do things that we hardly thought possible in the past but I feel that in this added complexity you are losing sight of the need to do simple things easily without resorting to trial and error or consulting "help" which often anyhow doesn't lead one straight to the solution! An example is how to produce a chart with a series of months i.e Jan Feb Mar etc appearing on the X axis. This is no doubt something that resulted naturally in the first versions of Excel charts or in a competitor's ea...