Showing a Null result

I have a parent table linked to several child tables via a unique text string

The report shows reults from the main table, and has subreports for the
child tables.

Some records in the parent table have no equivalents in the child tables.
Can I insert some code to produce the subreports with a "None" or "NA" text
string, without populating the child tables with these terms?

My problem is that, I need to run "counting" queries on the child tables,
but the "N/A"  records skew the numbers by adding records where there should
be none.

I'm not sure what your specific requirement is. You can use the HasData
property of the subreport control to determine if there are records in your
subreport.

This expression will display nothing if the subreport has data and a message
if there is no data.
   =IIf(subrptControl.Report.HasData, Null, "No data in subrptA")

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"paul bennett" wrote:

> I have a parent table linked to several child tables via a unique text string
>
> The report shows reults from the main table, and has subreports for the
> child tables.
>
> Some records in the parent table have no equivalents in the child tables.
> Can I insert some code to produce the subreports with a "None" or "NA" text
> string, without populating the child tables with these terms?
>
> My problem is that, I need to run "counting" queries on the child tables,
> but the "N/A"  records skew the numbers by adding records where there should
> be none.
The parent is a physical area with several pieces of information, which are
displayed in the main (detail) section of the report.
The child is a table listing the buildings in that area and is shown in a
sub-report as a continuous form.

Presently, where there is an area with no buildings, the building sub-report
does not appear at all.

I want a report that will show the buildings in an area in the sub-report,
if there are no buildings there, to say "None Present" where the sub report
would have been

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> I'm not sure what your specific requirement is. You can use the HasData
> property of the subreport control to determine if there are records in your
> subreport.
>
> This expression will display nothing if the subreport has data and a message
> if there is no data.
>    =IIf(subrptControl.Report.HasData, Null, "No data in subrptA")
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
> If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP
> http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm
>

> "paul bennett" wrote:
>
> > I have a parent table linked to several child tables via a unique text string
> >
> > The report shows reults from the main table, and has subreports for the
> > child tables.
> >
> > Some records in the parent table have no equivalents in the child tables.
> > Can I insert some code to produce the subreports with a "None" or "NA" text
> > string, without populating the child tables with these terms?
> >
> > My problem is that, I need to run "counting" queries on the child tables,
> > but the "N/A"  records skew the numbers by adding records where there should
> > be none.
Did you attempt exactly what I suggested only changing it to reference your
subreport control name?

=IIf(subrptControl.Report.HasData, Null, "None Present")
--

"paul bennett" wrote:

> The parent is a physical area with several pieces of information, which are
> displayed in the main (detail) section of the report.
> The child is a table listing the buildings in that area and is shown in a
> sub-report as a continuous form.
>
> Presently, where there is an area with no buildings, the building sub-report
> does not appear at all.
>
> I want a report that will show the buildings in an area in the sub-report,
> if there are no buildings there, to say "None Present" where the sub report
> would have been
>
> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure what your specific requirement is. You can use the HasData
> > property of the subreport control to determine if there are records in your
> > subreport.
> >
> > This expression will display nothing if the subreport has data and a message
> > if there is no data.
> >    =IIf(subrptControl.Report.HasData, Null, "No data in subrptA")
> >
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> > If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP
> > http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm
> >

> > "paul bennett" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a parent table linked to several child tables via a unique text string
> > >
> > > The report shows reults from the main table, and has subreports for the
> > > child tables.
> > >
> > > Some records in the parent table have no equivalents in the child tables.
> > > Can I insert some code to produce the subreports with a "None" or "NA" text
> > > string, without populating the child tables with these terms?
> > >
> > > My problem is that, I need to run "counting" queries on the child tables,
> > > but the "N/A"  records skew the numbers by adding records where there should
> > > be none.
Still does not return a null result - what am I doing wrong?

Enter main report in design view
Right click on sub-form (Form.tblConservationAreasCONS subreport)
"build event"

Private Sub Form_Load()
 =IIf(CONS_CharacterAreaNumber.tblConservationAreasCONS_subreport.HasData,
Null, "None Present")

End Sub

Compile Error
Expected: Line Number or Label or Statement or end of statement

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> Did you attempt exactly what I suggested only changing it to reference your
> subreport control name?
>
> =IIf(subrptControl.Report.HasData, Null, "None Present")
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
> If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP
> http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm
>

> "paul bennett" wrote:
>
> > The parent is a physical area with several pieces of information, which are
> > displayed in the main (detail) section of the report.
> > The child is a table listing the buildings in that area and is shown in a
> > sub-report as a continuous form.
> >
> > Presently, where there is an area with no buildings, the building sub-report
> > does not appear at all.
> >
> > I want a report that will show the buildings in an area in the sub-report,
> > if there are no buildings there, to say "None Present" where the sub report
> > would have been
> >
> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm not sure what your specific requirement is. You can use the HasData
> > > property of the subreport control to determine if there are records in your
> > > subreport.
> > >
> > > This expression will display nothing if the subreport has data and a message
> > > if there is no data.
> > >    =IIf(subrptControl.Report.HasData, Null, "No data in subrptA")
> > >
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP
> > > If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP
> > > http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm

Quite often when I post code to be pasted into a module, users will attempt
to place it in an event "property". In your case, I should have been more
clear that this was a text box and the Control Source property should be set
to:
=IIf(tblConservationAreasCONS_subreport.Report.HasData, Null, "None Present")
This assumes your subreport control name is

"paul bennett" wrote:

> Still does not return a null result - what am I doing wrong?
>
> Enter main report in design view
> Right click on sub-form (Form.tblConservationAreasCONS subreport)
> "build event"
>
> Private Sub Form_Load()
>  =IIf(CONS_CharacterAreaNumber.tblConservationAreasCONS_subreport.HasData,
> Null, "None Present")
>
> End Sub
>

> Compile Error
> Expected: Line Number or Label or Statement or end of statement
>

> "Duane Hookom" wrote:
>
> > Did you attempt exactly what I suggested only changing it to reference your
> > subreport control name?
> >
> > =IIf(subrptControl.Report.HasData, Null, "None Present")
> > --
> > Duane Hookom
> > Microsoft Access MVP
> > If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP
> > http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm
> >

> > "paul bennett" wrote:
> >
> > > The parent is a physical area with several pieces of information, which are
> > > displayed in the main (detail) section of the report.
> > > The child is a table listing the buildings in that area and is shown in a
> > > sub-report as a continuous form.
> > >
> > > Presently, where there is an area with no buildings, the building sub-report
> > > does not appear at all.
> > >
> > > I want a report that will show the buildings in an area in the sub-report,
> > > if there are no buildings there, to say "None Present" where the sub report
> > > would have been

Thanks for that, I was using a form as the subreport, once I changed it to a
report, this worked fine. Cheers Duane

"Duane Hookom" wrote:

> Quite often when I post code to be pasted into a module, users will attempt
> to place it in an event "property". In your case, I should have been more
> clear that this was a text box and the Control Source property should be set
> to:
> =IIf(tblConservationAreasCONS_subreport.Report.HasData, Null, "None Present")
> This assumes your subreport control name is
> "tblConservationAreasCONS_subreport".
>
> --
> Duane Hookom
> Microsoft Access MVP
> If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP
> http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm
>

> "paul bennett" wrote:
>
> > Still does not return a null result - what am I doing wrong?
> >
> > Enter main report in design view
> > Right click on sub-form (Form.tblConservationAreasCONS subreport)
> > "build event"
> >
> > Private Sub Form_Load()
> >  =IIf(CONS_CharacterAreaNumber.tblConservationAreasCONS_subreport.HasData,
> > Null, "None Present")
> >
> > End Sub
> >

> > Compile Error
> > Expected: Line Number or Label or Statement or end of statement
> >

> > "Duane Hookom" wrote:
> >
> > > Did you attempt exactly what I suggested only changing it to reference your
> > > subreport control name?
> > >
> > > =IIf(subrptControl.Report.HasData, Null, "None Present")
> > > --
> > > Duane Hookom
> > > Microsoft Access MVP
> > > If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP
> > > http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm

analytical accounting lookups should only show valid codes
When entering AA transaction distributions, the code lookup window should only show valid code combinations. It's not intuitive for the user to have to select a code and get an error message to discover which codes are valid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

Outlook shows offline during dial up
Having a problem with outlook 2002. Over the WAN everything works fine. Dial up and connect to the network (VPN) internet work fine. Outlook will sync up however, a red x shows up in the bottom right hand corner. Outlook shows offline, I can send and receive but must hit send and receive. I have reloaded the computer from scratch and still have the same problem. Could it be a Excange setting? Any Ideas? Thanks for the help, If you hit File | Connect to Exchange Server what happens? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize ...

reminder still shows up
when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am running Vista "Toppro" <Toppro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE8DBF7-6BE3-454A-82F9-5A040566026C@microsoft.com... > when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am > running > Vista Outlook version? The Windows version isn't as important and that of Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Login failed for user '(null)'
I have an extended web application to MS CRM 3.0 that is simply trying to populate some values from the filtered views. I receive an SQL Exception Login failed for user '(null)'. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection when accessing from client machines. I do have "Integrated Security=sspi" in the connection string. It works fine from the MS CRM Server. It works from my desktop only when I have remote desktop connection to the MS CRM server and opened the extended application from there. Does anyone have a solution to this? Thanks ...

Manupilate Query Results
Hi all. I need to change the way data is diplayed after a SQL query. What I am tying to do is organise data in such a way that MS project will open the file with minimum mapping. See below what I have got and what I need: I have got: Cust|CallType|Priority|CallID|Asignee|Date ect ect A | HR | X | 12 | Me | 0/0/2003 A | HR | X | 12 | John | 0/0/2003 B | Deve | Y | 14 | Stan | 0/1/2003 What I need the data to look like is: (the 1-4 is for MS Project Indents) 1 |A | 2 |HR| 3 |X | 4 |12 | Me | 0/0/2003 4 |12 | Joh...

Show Window
I am currently developing a MFC SDI application. I want to integrate a tray icon with it. When the application is minimized it hides by ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and then when double clicked on tray icon shown by ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL). But the problem is if some other application is activated after my application is minimized, ShowWindow shows it but it's behind some screen. I have tried with SetFocus didn't work. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Varuna Try BringWindowToTop. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to Ajay's idea you can also use SetFor...

Information Stores show dismounted yet mail is still flowing...
Background: Windows AD Mixed moded. Exchange 2003 installed on to a 2 node Microsoft cluster. 1 Front End server...connecting to the primary cluster node. Windows 2003 Standard on, FE Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on BEs (<---cluster) no service packs on either. Exchange has SP1 installed on both nodes and the FE. There are still Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment although they are not being used. The Issue: .....the information stores and public folders all show that they are dismounted...yet email is still flowing into and out of the server without any issues. I just...

Using ajax call to fetch multiple results from multiple queries and showing them 1 by 1 as the results comes.
Hello, I've 20 labels in a 2x10 table on a page. for each label, data comes by individual queries. (total 20 queries for the page.) and it takes about 30-40 seconds for the page to load, and it's not comfortable for the user to see blank page. I want that each cell will show loading.gif images. As and when data comes from query, the images should go visible=false, and the label should display the values one by one. How do I do this task using ajax? Some ASP.NET code example will be helpful for me, as I'm a kind of beginner. Thanks ...

Results show as a minus. WHY?
I have an application that was developed by another developer using VB.net which reside in a SQL table. I need to use some of the data from this table, however the data shows as -0.5 or - 0.99 or -1.70 etc in my Access tables. How can I get those numbers to show as a percentage with only one decimal point to the left? Example: 3.6% or 31.4 %. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No matter what I do it shows that dang "-" at the beginning. You can use the Abs function to strip off the negative Abs([YourTable].[YourField]) And you can format that as percentage either using th...

show comments when cell is highlighted Vs when cursor runs over? #2
How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? You can press Shift/F2, or Insert/Edit Comment. If you wanted to see it "automatically", when you select the cell, you'd need a macro, but I don't think this is what you're asking. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Don" wrote: > How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to > when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? To at least Excel 2000, if you have the Tools, Options, Comment Indicator Only you will see the co...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

Comments not showing
When a SharePoint workflow is edited and a comment is added. The comment does not display in the workflow status screen under workflow history. It shows as follows: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Instead of: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Please update to the new company logo. This happens for all standard SharePoint workflows (Approval, Collect Feedback). Any custom workflows does show the comment. The comment field is update in the task item. It just does not show. There is no error in t...

Report Server shows 'Service Unavailable'
Hi, before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows Sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver component" i skip wiht the installation, so.. I can't run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer show a message "Service Unavailabe", but the ReportServer service is running How initialize that or what do i do? ------=_NextPart_0001_09E699C9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > before install, the SRS set...

Show more time in weekly view?
Outlook 2007 On default the weekly view is only showing until 4 PM without scrolling down. I know there is a way to let you see into the evening hours also without scrolling. Help please. Thanks... Bob ...

TransparentBlt doesn't show the bitmap in ME?
The following doesn't print the bitmap on ME while it works on 2k/xp, can someone help me? Though the status returns TRUE. Thanks. Jiac. CDC *hdc, bghdc; CBitmap bgBitmap; BITMAP bmpInfo; //loads bitmap into memory bgBitmap.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP5); // this bitmap has no needles // get bitmap info bgBitmap.GetBitmap(&bmpInfo); hdc = m_obj->GetDC(); bghdc.CreateCompatibleDC(hdc); bghdc.SelectObject(&bgBitmap); BOOL status = hdc->TransparentBlt(0, 0, 80, 80, &bghdc, 0, 0, 80, 80, TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR); //TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR if (st...

Showing a Null result
I have a parent table linked to several child tables via a unique text string The report shows reults from the main table, and has subreports for the child tables. Some records in the parent table have no equivalents in the child tables. Can I insert some code to produce the subreports with a "None" or "NA" text string, without populating the child tables with these terms? My problem is that, I need to run "counting" queries on the child tables, but the "N/A" records skew the numbers by adding records where there should be none. I'm not su...

mail box rights it only shows "SELF"
Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing (empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have still have the next problem: under the mail box rights it only shows "SELF" where as all the other account show 8 or more system users? exchange 2003 Gr, Marco On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:10:27 -0800, "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing >(empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have >...

Clear Data>Security Resource Description table not showing in list
GPv10 Logged in as sa. Go to Maint. >Clear Data>System and in the Tables list the Security Resource Description table is not there. Is there something I need to do to get access to that table? Thanks. Gi Never mind....I figured it out. You have to change the Display to Physical....Duh!! ...

Show Data Field After Hiding
I found a note from someone with the same question regarding reshowing data that was hidden after it was deselected from the drop-down list. And yes, it is easy enough to drag it back on from the field list, but if it involves anything more than just a sum or count, then you have to recreate it. For instance, my rows are years. One of my data fields I would like in the table twice - once as a sum and then again as % difference from previous year. The reason for wanting to hide one or the other, is I'm plotting this over time and would like to use the same chart. Since the scales are ob...

gp 10 -how to show a list of sop documents for a specific customer?
Hello, What is the best way to return all SOP documents for a specific customer using GP10 list? (not smartlist) This is our problem: -we go to the Customers list. -select a customer and goto > "view transactions" our problem is that any sop transaction that we click on that is moved to history, opens the AR transaction instead of the SOP document. Context? a customer calls and wants to know if something they bought is under warranty but they have no clue when they bought it. So we will not know what date is was bought. We are just using SOP, not service management. -- J...

why is my typing in message not showing up?
i cannot create a new message without selecting font color for each message even though i have selected auto. how do i correct this? Are you using stationary? Perhaps your text is set to be the same colour as the background. "camel" <camel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4694EA48-ABE5-48D9-AA7F-200A9E146F9C@microsoft.com... > i cannot create a new message without selecting font color for each message > even though i have selected auto. how do i correct this? On 3/19/2010 8:45 AM, Orland, Kathleen wrote: > Are you using stationary? Pe...

Show value of trendlien intercept point
I have a scatter chart to which I have added a trendline. I need the value to show where the trendline hits a particular point (ie where the downward trend begins.) how can I show the value of 1 data point? thanks, jane ...

How do I move rows showing a specific field to other worksheets/.
I am trying to take data from an excel sheet and break it out into separate excel files or separate worksheets. For example, I have 50,000 rows of data in the worksheet and I want to send separate files to people in different states. I would need to select the rows from each state separately, so that it would create a worksheet for AZ, another for TX, FL,and so on. Is there an automated way to do this? Thanks, jmp ...

jpg shows red x
I created a "Logos" folder under Shared Documents and put a bunch of jpgs in there. All but one of them show fine - the one that doesn't just shows a red X when I click on it. I checked the permissions and all of the jpgs have the same permissions. What could be different about this one jpg? When I download the jpg to my desktop I'm able to view it fine. It's only when it's in this Logos folder. Thanks, David EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Silverlight to WCF Service Object Encryption http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/b...