Show Groups as Page Header

I used the report wizard to create a report based on a table. The table has
252 records. When I preview the report, it only shows 242 records. The
records are sorted / grouped by district. In the table, the fields are
District
Business Name
DBA Name
Amount

The wizard placed the District and field names into the District Name
Header. To make the report more readable, how can I get the group headers to
be the page headers? That is, if a group prints over more than one page, how
can I get the page header to show the group name?

You can set the "Repeat Section" property of the Group Header to Yes.
--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"RealGomer" wrote:

> I used the report wizard to create a report based on a table. The table has
> 252 records. When I preview the report, it only shows 242 records. The
> records are sorted / grouped by district. In the table, the fields are
> District
> Business Name
> DBA Name
> Amount
>
> The wizard placed the District and field names into the District Name
> Header. To make the report more readable, how can I get the group headers to
> be the page headers? That is, if a group prints over more than one page, how
> can I get the page header to show the group name?

analytical accounting lookups should only show valid codes
When entering AA transaction distributions, the code lookup window should only show valid code combinations. It's not intuitive for the user to have to select a code and get an error message to discover which codes are valid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

Distribution Group Only From:
I have a distribution group that contains all of the users for our entire organization and I don't want it accessible from everyone, so I deselected everyone. However we do need the distribution list to receive emails from one specific SMTP address which is external to our organization. I have tried creating a contact with the email address that should have the ability to send to this distribution group and entered it in the Only From:, however they are still receiving a bounce back that they don't have permission to send to that distribution group. Anybody have a solution? ...

Outlook shows offline during dial up
Having a problem with outlook 2002. Over the WAN everything works fine. Dial up and connect to the network (VPN) internet work fine. Outlook will sync up however, a red x shows up in the bottom right hand corner. Outlook shows offline, I can send and receive but must hit send and receive. I have reloaded the computer from scratch and still have the same problem. Could it be a Excange setting? Any Ideas? Thanks for the help, If you hit File | Connect to Exchange Server what happens? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize ...

Show Window
I am currently developing a MFC SDI application. I want to integrate a tray icon with it. When the application is minimized it hides by ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and then when double clicked on tray icon shown by ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL). But the problem is if some other application is activated after my application is minimized, ShowWindow shows it but it's behind some screen. I have tried with SetFocus didn't work. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Varuna Try BringWindowToTop. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to Ajay's idea you can also use SetFor...

Information Stores show dismounted yet mail is still flowing...
Background: Windows AD Mixed moded. Exchange 2003 installed on to a 2 node Microsoft cluster. 1 Front End server...connecting to the primary cluster node. Windows 2003 Standard on, FE Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on BEs (<---cluster) no service packs on either. Exchange has SP1 installed on both nodes and the FE. There are still Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment although they are not being used. The Issue: .....the information stores and public folders all show that they are dismounted...yet email is still flowing into and out of the server without any issues. I just...

getting more columns and data onto one page in Crystal
Hello: Since you can only place so much data onto a "piece of paper", likely the answer is "no". But, even after choosing "Landscape" in Crytal (10.0), there's not a way of getting as many columns of data onto a report as I want--is there? Ideally, I'd like to get 14 columns on there but am running out of room on the right. Also, I have placed a cross-tab on my report that prints on multiple pages instead of just one. Of course, since the cross-tab has 83 rows of data, my guess is that there is nothing that I can do about this either. Is there? ...

reminder still shows up
when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am running Vista "Toppro" <Toppro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE8DBF7-6BE3-454A-82F9-5A040566026C@microsoft.com... > when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am > running > Vista Outlook version? The Windows version isn't as important and that of Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Cannot find microsoft live sign in page?
I have signed up & posted a question on Microsoft Live. Now, I cannot find microsoft live sign in page? Duh! You can find the web based version of this newsgroup here; http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general The sign in link is at the top right. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "DeLoy" <DeLoy@discu...

Using ajax call to fetch multiple results from multiple queries and showing them 1 by 1 as the results comes.
Hello, I've 20 labels in a 2x10 table on a page. for each label, data comes by individual queries. (total 20 queries for the page.) and it takes about 30-40 seconds for the page to load, and it's not comfortable for the user to see blank page. I want that each cell will show loading.gif images. As and when data comes from query, the images should go visible=false, and the label should display the values one by one. How do I do this task using ajax? Some ASP.NET code example will be helpful for me, as I'm a kind of beginner. Thanks ...

NNTP groups go missing OT
Sorry - a bit off topic, but I have been accessing Win 7 groups with the NNTP bridge. Today they've disappeared. When selecting a previously accessed group, WLM says no such group and deleted the saved posts. NNTP bridge still works and I can access other groups, but all the W7 groups are gone. Very annoying! Anyone else seeing this? The MS Answers has a separate Bridge now, which you must download separately. "The teams responsible for Microsoft's community forums would like to make you aware of changes to the Microsoft Answers platform. In order to s...

"Page #" footer doesn't display the # on Page 1. It only displays "Page"?
"Page #" footer doesn't display the # on Page 1. It only displays "Page"? It works on fine on the following pages, just not the first. Driving me nuts. Does anyone know what I'm dong wrong? Thanks in advance, John. EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice SQL Performance Tuning http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/8cc771eb-44bc-4808-8ad2-ea33508a48f1/sql-performance-tuning.aspx Is the text box wide enough? -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA <John Gilmore> wrote in message news:2009117113243iam10001@yahoo.com... > > "...

Results show as a minus. WHY?
I have an application that was developed by another developer using VB.net which reside in a SQL table. I need to use some of the data from this table, however the data shows as -0.5 or - 0.99 or -1.70 etc in my Access tables. How can I get those numbers to show as a percentage with only one decimal point to the left? Example: 3.6% or 31.4 %. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No matter what I do it shows that dang "-" at the beginning. You can use the Abs function to strip off the negative Abs([YourTable].[YourField]) And you can format that as percentage either using th...

show comments when cell is highlighted Vs when cursor runs over? #2
How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? You can press Shift/F2, or Insert/Edit Comment. If you wanted to see it "automatically", when you select the cell, you'd need a macro, but I don't think this is what you're asking. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Don" wrote: > How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to > when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? To at least Excel 2000, if you have the Tools, Options, Comment Indicator Only you will see the co...

page layout
i need the toolbar to stay & the page to be below it And what are you getting instead? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "billy" <billy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67422DF4-6B5A-49C6-836C-9E6B466EE3ED@microsoft.com... >i need the toolbar to stay & the page to be below it > ...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

Report Server shows 'Service Unavailable'
Hi, before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows Sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver component" i skip wiht the installation, so.. I can't run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer show a message "Service Unavailabe", but the ReportServer service is running How initialize that or what do i do? ------=_NextPart_0001_09E699C9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > before install, the SRS set...

Comments not showing
When a SharePoint workflow is edited and a comment is added. The comment does not display in the workflow status screen under workflow history. It shows as follows: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Instead of: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Please update to the new company logo. This happens for all standard SharePoint workflows (Approval, Collect Feedback). Any custom workflows does show the comment. The comment field is update in the task item. It just does not show. There is no error in t...

Show more time in weekly view?
Outlook 2007 On default the weekly view is only showing until 4 PM without scrolling down. I know there is a way to let you see into the evening hours also without scrolling. Help please. Thanks... Bob ...

Clear Data>Security Resource Description table not showing in list
GPv10 Logged in as sa. Go to Maint. >Clear Data>System and in the Tables list the Security Resource Description table is not there. Is there something I need to do to get access to that table? Thanks. Gi Never mind....I figured it out. You have to change the Display to Physical....Duh!! ...

mail box rights it only shows "SELF"
Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing (empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have still have the next problem: under the mail box rights it only shows "SELF" where as all the other account show 8 or more system users? exchange 2003 Gr, Marco On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:10:27 -0800, "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing >(empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have >...

Showing a Null result
I have a parent table linked to several child tables via a unique text string The report shows reults from the main table, and has subreports for the child tables. Some records in the parent table have no equivalents in the child tables. Can I insert some code to produce the subreports with a "None" or "NA" text string, without populating the child tables with these terms? My problem is that, I need to run "counting" queries on the child tables, but the "N/A" records skew the numbers by adding records where there should be none. I'm not su...

In Excel
In Excel is there a way to draw a circle, oval, free hand line etc. around a group of numbers (cells) so that the numbers (contents of cells) remain visible? Much line using the "Outside Borders" command? Thanks JBESr JB Using the drawing toolbar, select the oval icon and draw the oval over the numbers required. Format the autoshape, Colors and Lines, Fill color to No Fill. Tony >-----Original Message----- >In Excel is there a way to draw a circle, oval, free hand line etc. >around a group of numbers (cells) so that the numbers (contents of >cells) remain visi...

TransparentBlt doesn't show the bitmap in ME?
The following doesn't print the bitmap on ME while it works on 2k/xp, can someone help me? Though the status returns TRUE. Thanks. Jiac. CDC *hdc, bghdc; CBitmap bgBitmap; BITMAP bmpInfo; //loads bitmap into memory bgBitmap.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP5); // this bitmap has no needles // get bitmap info bgBitmap.GetBitmap(&bmpInfo); hdc = m_obj->GetDC(); bghdc.CreateCompatibleDC(hdc); bghdc.SelectObject(&bgBitmap); BOOL status = hdc->TransparentBlt(0, 0, 80, 80, &bghdc, 0, 0, 80, 80, TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR); //TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR if (st...

Group and Sum
I have last 52 weeks sales data. How can I quickly group by month and sum up monthly total? Below are samples of my data. Product 8/1 8/8 8/15 8/22 8/29 ABC1 2499 0 0 0 250 ABC2 1006 726 670 56 223 ABC3 5615 6107 3482 2808 2639 ABC4 17822 28044 16031 9872 8365 ABC5 3888 972 972 778 778 ABC6 4685 5581 4644 4399 2118 easy to do with sumproduct basically =sumproduct((week range>=month1)*(week range<month2)*(sales date range)) where week range is cell range with your weekly dates month1 is say 1/1/04 (Jan), month 2 is 2/1/04 (Feb), etc this example would give you sales for Ja...