Shading Header / Footers and separating all rows with lines; weird whitespace

Hey All,

I'm trying to create a simple report with no grouping and only a grand total
line at the end. I placed a line control at the bottom of the detail section
and the report footer section. This causes the whole report to appear as if
the top/bottom borders were set in excel.

Next I want to shade the grand total line. When I do this there is a 1 pixel
(I think) line of whitespace between the line that ends the last detail
record and the shading of the grand total (report footer).

How can I remove this extra whitespace?

I've tried setting CanShrink to yes. I've checked the layout of the lines and
sections and their tightly 'snugged' together (no extra space showing on the
design view.

This is driving me crazy. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,

Ryan

Ryan

Pressing Enter to skip rows
We have a pro-forma in Excel for clients. Anyway, the cells where the enter information from a drop-down list are three rows apart, goin down the page. Is there anyway for the client to press Enter just once and go thre rows down rather than pressing enter three times? I am aware that if the sheet is locked with the particular input cell unlocked then Tab will take you to the next box however, we need Ente to do the same. I imagine a macro could achieve this. Thanks in advance D -- DoctorWar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DoctorWard's Profile...

can only recieve headers and attachments, no message body
I have the same problem. But no solution ..... Nobody from Microsoft probably not read this discussion.... "ron" wrote: > > > ...

remove shading when printing
I have a form in excel that has the unlocked cells (the ones to be filled out) shaded so they stand out to the user. (FWIW, the form is an application for services) When this form prints, I would like it to print simply with no highlighted cells showing. I want the text the user entered to show, but the background to not show. Secondly, I have a combo box in the upper left corner of the form called "choose office". The user selects the office, and based on the updates, the Address and phone/fax fields are filled in on the bottom of the form. I do not want this combo box ...

Style Separator Used in a Frame (MS Word 2007)
Hello, I'm using MS Word 2007 on a PC with Windows XP. Here is my issue: I am putting a figure and caption in a frame, but i don't want the entire caption to show up in my table of figures. For example, I have a caption like: Figure 2.1: Exploding Foil Initiator: (a) Overall; (b) Free-body diagram I don't want the entire caption ": (a) Overall; (b) Free-body diagram" to show up in my table of figures; therefore, I tried to use a style separator and I have: Figure 2.1: Exploding Foil Initiator % : (a) Overall; (b) Free-body diagram where "%&...

Shades of Grey
I am trying to create a bar chart with black and shades of grey. The black prints as a medium grey and a light grey prints as white. Is this an Excel problem or a printer problem? I would say it was a printer problem - have you go the printer set to 'draft' as that makes black a light gray. Try changing it to an image setting and see if that changes the shades of gray -- John MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003 Please reply & rate any replies you get Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders) "Silver" wrote: > I am trying to create a ...

Hiding rows and columns in XL 07
How do I get the top column row, which contains only the column letters, and the row number, which is the narrow column to the left of Column A, to disappear when I print? thanks everyone for your help. -mlenard Click File > Page Setup > Sheet tab Uncheck "Row and Column headings" > OK (Its probably checked) Success? Hit the YES below -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:27,000 Files:200 Subscribers:70 xdemechanik --- "mlenard" wrote: > How do I get the top column row, which contains only the column letters, and > the row num...

moving rows
I have a large report in tab or csv format that creates 3 rows of data in Excel that I want to move to a single row. Cut and paste will take forever. What can I do? Hi what delimiter is used in the *.csv file and what is set in your Windows registry? Some workarounds: - use 'Data - Text to columns' to separate the data - rename the *.csv file to *.txt as then the textimport wizard is started and you can specify the delimiter -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "cdshon" <cdshon@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2A52D215-D555-4587-A8C...

Stop row breaks
I have several cells formatted with text wrapping. The last row on the page sometimes breaks, leaving half of the text on the bottom of the first page and the remainder at the top of the next. I need to keep the text together without manually adjusting the page breaks. Is there a way to keep the row from breaking across two pages? Thanks for your help! Emily I have never seen excel print half of a cell, even with text wrapping. If you want, you can email me an example of your problem and I could look at it. Mary >-----Original Message----- >I have several cells formatted wi...

Deleting vacuous headers
I am using Outlook 2002 with Windows XP Pro. I have a weird problem. I set Outlook to only retrieve the headers of messages over 100 k. At one point, one of my e-mail accounts servers crashed and all the messages on the server were deleted, and cannot be retrieved. Now I have two headers in my inbox that will not go away! I have tried setting them to retrieve the (non-existent) messages -- nothing. I have set them to delete the (non-existent) messages -- nothing. I cannot delete them, I cannot archive them, I cannot move them to an unused folder. They just sit there staring me in the face eve...

Invalid email header.
Hi, I have problem with email my headers. We are running=20 exchange 5.5 server which is cluster. When an email sent=20 out from our mail server it add following characters to=20 the header as show below: Received: by EKCZ=C3j=18=02=C3j=18=E4-EX-02 with Internet Mail Service=20 (5.5.2653.19)=20 It is meant to be: Received: by EKCZ-EX-02 with Internet Mail Service=20 (5.5.2653.19) How can I resolve the above issue? or which process is=20 adding the characters? any help would be great. Show below is a full trace report. Return-Path: <Administrator@xxxx.xxx.uk> Received: from rexxx....

The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switches you are using."error
What might be the possible cause of the "The command line argument is not valid. Verify the switches you are using." error within Outlook. We have a VB program that uses linking to email function, by and large they all work fine. However, on certain computers , using that function produces the above error message. I can't understand why this error pops up on others. Please advise. Any answer would be appreciated. Many thanks Mheng I think we'd need to know a lot more information about what your VB program is trying to do in order to be of any help....also need t...

Multiple Background Shades in Graph
Hi, I'm trying to create graph with multiple background shades. i.e if i were trying to create a graph of the price of a stock, when the stock has had an upward trend the background would be a different color than that of when the stock has had a downward trend. Also if the colors of the background would only be on top of the stock plot. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, ask72883 ...

Blank emails with no header?
Hi All, I'm randomly getting a few blank emails a day in my inbox with sizes of a couple hundred bytes. When I open them, I see nothing. If I save them to a file I get a zero length file (even though outlook shows the mail to be a few hundred bytes). Neither Norton nor NOD32 showed a virus (Outlook integration). The only header info is that the x-envelope is to me. There is no from, subject, or the usual info about the other mail servers mail goes through. Any ideas? Thanks, -=Gina Gina <G@no.mail> wrote: > I'm randomly getting a few blank emails a day in my inbox...

calendar shading
Is there a way to shade the bars that appear on a printed calendar so it is more readable? The way my Outlook 2000 is printing currently it is difficult to read. Dave French I'm not sure which bars you're referring to, so I can't answer your question directly. But many people find that the built in print styles in Outlook don't meet their needs. You might want to take a look at some free Word templates that use your Outlook calendar data to create a calendar in Word, which you can then customize to your liking. I personally use My Outlook Calendar and am very pleased wit...

separate outlook folders for different email accounts
one of my email accounts started depositing their messagees in my business account in box last week. I cannot find any information easily to help me find out how to keep these email accounts segregated so i made a special rule and that took care of the problem until i signed in again the next day. I need my accounts to deliver into their proper folders...please advise. "scb" <scb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCEA2113-23D7-4053-91E8-18C07E8147ED@microsoft.com... > one of my email accounts started depositing their messagees in my business ...

how to shade a paragraph with bullets without gaps in the shade
I want to highlight paragraphs with colour and border. When the paragraph inlcudes a sentence and a bulleted list the shading has a gap. How can i get the shade to surround the whole paragraph? A single paragraph cannot include a bulleted list - at least not using the bullet and numbers facility. You would need to use Shift enter and mock up your list with bullet characters and tabs. You can then treat the resulting block as a single paragraph. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Gra...

auto header and footer
Each time I create a graph(chart) I get an automatic header and footer. How do I turn off this function? ...

Hiding 0 values in line charts
I have two columns, one is 2004 Weekly Sales Revenue and one is 2005 Weekly Sales Revenue. Obviously, 2004 has data for all 52 weeks. 2005 only has data for the weeks-to-date. How can I chart this data on a line graph-- showing comparison between the two years--and not chart the zero values? Thanks! 1) Fill empty cell with =NA(), OR 2) Click on chart to activate; use Tools|Options->Chart and specify how empty cell are to be treated, OR c) Use dynamic chart: see the Excel Tips & Tricks page on my website best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps f...

Re: Column To Rows
Option Explicit Sub TransposeDataSAS() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim dr As Long Dim i As Long dr = 2 For i = 1 To Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row Step 3 Cells(i, 1).Resize(3).Copy Cells(dr, 2).PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, _ Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=True dr = dr + 1 Next i Range("b2").Select Columns(2).Resize(, 3).AutoFit Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Don Guillett" <dguillett1@gmail.com> wrote in message news:......

link to cell in header or footer
what I like to do in Excel: - in any register for ex. "Register" I have included in cell "A1" text like "project ABC" - this text should be present in the header on top of the page when I print out - so I'm be able to change the header depends on the text in the cell I'm looking for any possibility to include this "=Register!A1" in the header Any idea? How can help? Robert If you put this small macro in worksheet code: Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) If Intersect(Range("A1"), Target) Is Nothing Then Exit Su...

Header Headaches II
Just when I thought it was safe I get another Header Headache. I have a document with two sections. The first has a header (Legal formatting with vertical lines and line numbers) and footer (Title of document and page number) and Different First Page. Section 2 has no header or footer and has landscape orientation instead of portrait. I want to delete section 2. When I do that I lose my section 1 headers and footers. What am I doing wrong? (Word 2003/WinXPSP3) See the last portion of http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/WorkWithSections.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnh...

plain text and line breaks
I am using Outlook 2000. I prefer to use the quoted printable encoding = for e-mail messages, since this doesn't create line breaks. I was wondering, however, why, if one selects plain text with no = encoding, one *must* specify a line length. I.e. why can't Outlook (or = other mailing programs for that matter) send pure plain text with line = breaks only where the user inserted them by pressing Enter. In such = case, the message source would read a paragraph as one long line, but = the receiving mailing program should be able to wrap this line so that = it fits onto the screen. By the...

Picture in Header
I want to insert a picture in the header of a excell doc. Is this possible? You need Excel XP, Excel 2003 or Excel 2004 for this. Picture is in the File > Page setup menu, selection Header/Footer > Custom header. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Esrei" <Esrei@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:3900EE7C-5D78-4511-9AA2-4286EB4FB8A4@microsoft.com... > I want to insert a picture in the header of a excell doc. Is this possible? If you don't have a any of the Excel versions that Harald mentioned, take a look at www.nwarwick.co.uk. In the Excel section there i...

How to create a custom line and column chart in excel 2007
I have a custom line and column chart produced in Excel 2003 but when opened in Excel 2007 the line chart has disappeared, does Excel 2007 support this type of chart as I cannot find any reference to this subject in the help search. Excel 2007 doesn't offer the old combination charts as selectable types, but existing charts should be okay. Should be, but 2007 has issues with charts. It's easy enough to make these charts from scratch. Create the chart as either a line or column chart with both sets of data. right click on one series, and choose Chart Type (or is it Change Chart ...

Shading protected cells
Using Excel 2003 on Windows XP, I would like to see at a glance which cells are Locked and which are not, by automatically shading the background of just the Locked cells. How can I do that? If that's too hard, is there any other way I can quickly tell which cells are Locked, for example looking at a status line as I move the cursor over the cells? or any other way that's faster than opening Format/Cells/Protection on each cell one at a time? - Rich Rich, here is one way with a macro, Sub Highlight_Locked_Cells() 'will color all locked cells in the sheet Dim Cel As...