Running Totals not working after zero cell

I am trying to recreate a bank statement.

Rightly or wrongly I have pulled into the report a calculation for the
balance movement each day (based on queries calculating several transactions
for that day).
The running sum works until there is no movement for a day which shows in
the report as a "0" most likely through a "Nz([ ],0)" calculation after which
it stops calculating. e.g.
            Move  Run Bal
1/1/08 +100   100
2/1/08  +50    150
3/1/08      0    150
4/1/08    +25   150 etc etc

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks

Post the expression behind this field.

JET regularly misunderstands the data type when Nz() is used. There may be
another way to craft the expression.

"dje" <dje@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to recreate a bank statement.
>
> Rightly or wrongly I have pulled into the report a calculation for the
> balance movement each day (based on queries calculating several
> transactions
> for that day).
> The running sum works until there is no movement for a day which shows in
> the report as a "0" most likely through a "Nz([ ],0)" calculation after
> which
> it stops calculating. e.g.
>            Move  Run Bal
> 1/1/08 +100   100
> 2/1/08  +50    150
> 3/1/08      0    150
> 4/1/08    +25   150 etc etc
>
> Is there any way to fix this?
>
> Thanks

0
Allen
1/9/2008 10:24:31 AM
Unfortunately I lost the report and cannot recreate the problem but I suspect
it related to NZ results being treated as non numeric. Through another thread
I have become aware of the CDbl and format functions and am hopeful this will
resolve my problem.

Thanks anyway.

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> Post the expression behind this field.
>
> JET regularly misunderstands the data type when Nz() is used. There may be
> another way to craft the expression.

> "dje" <dje@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to recreate a bank statement.
> >
> > Rightly or wrongly I have pulled into the report a calculation for the
> > balance movement each day (based on queries calculating several
> > transactions
> > for that day).
> > The running sum works until there is no movement for a day which shows in
> > the report as a "0" most likely through a "Nz([ ],0)" calculation after
> > which
> > it stops calculating. e.g.
> >            Move  Run Bal
> > 1/1/08 +100   100
> > 2/1/08  +50    150
> > 3/1/08      0    150
> > 4/1/08    +25   150 etc etc
> >
> > Is there any way to fix this?
> >
> > Thanks

update not working
why wont my windows update fail windows update wrote: > why wont my windows update fail No one here has any idea why your windows update won't fail. Strange query anyway. Why do you think it should fail? No one here is certain what operating system is on the system you are (are not) having the issue with. What edition of that operating system? What service pack of that operating system? What version of Internet Explorer? What have you tried to do (to make it fail or if you misspoke, fix the failure)? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions ...

help, derag won't work and the outlook folder shows 36000 fragmnets
defragmented and the program works fine but when it finishes it looks the same on the as the original analysis. Then I look at the report and it list a lot of files that can't be drfragmented. The only thing I can think of is that this pc was once on MSexchange (the reason I mention it is that the outlook pst which is 1.8 gigs, shows 36000 fragments and it is located in the c/exchange folder) Anyway, what do I do??? how can I get the drive to defrag? Hello Bob When you open IE\Properties\Programs what do you see in there under E-Mail box. Use the dropdown arrow and take a peek on ...

Need only one DLL instance to run...

My system shuts down when working in Word
Some documents in Word cause the system to shut. Drive lights are still on; but, not able to access. Have tried searching for viruses, but, none found. Anybody having this problem? Hello Legales1, I'm not sure this is an Outlook question (you might want to post in the Word newsgroups) but it would be helpful if you told us at least what version of Word you're using and what's unusual about those documents. -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html > Some documents in Word cause the system to shut...

W7 ScreenSaver Stopped Working
All of a sudden, it doesn't work Try the Win7 forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro "Moleka" <howzitmaui@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:FA78B946-57C6-471B-AB2F-37048726EB55@microsoft.com... > All of a sudden, it doesn't work Moleka, Have you checked that the screen saver is enabled? Quick and dirty solution would be to do a system restore to a time previous to "all of a sudden". :) Carlos "Moleka" wrote: > All of a sudden, it doesn't work Yea, it's enabled...weird ...

Sum of a column based on color coded cells
Looking for some help on what sounded like an easy thing to do, but has me stumped. I have multiple columns of job names that get color coded when complete or need to be escalated etc.. A typical column may look like this. JS-2133 JO-2011 MO-3320 NT-4510 and so on. As the jobs are completed the cell is filled in green. I would like a total at the bottom of the column, how do you total only the green cells? Thanks, MikeM Mike, Take a look here for some help and examples: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm John "MikeM" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

enter data in 1 cell and produce a number in another cell
I am trying to set up a form for co-workers with limited computer skills. In cell "A" the employee would enter a name and I need to have a corresponding number appear in another cell. As the form is used for legal documentation, the corresponding number must be accurate and since the numbers are long, we are trying to avoid errors upfront. Any assistance would be appreciated. See if this helps: http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Towboat Girl" <Towboat Girl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

run time error 10-22-03

Automatically run macro

Excel Continuous Running Total

Money 2002 will not run

macro which finds last cell in a column
please help me by telling a macro which finds last cell in a column thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Dim LastRow as Long LastRow = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row or if you just want to select it: Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Select Regards Trevor "vikram >" <<vikram.15hp0w@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:vikram.15hp0w@excelforum-nospam.com... > please help me by telling a macro which finds last cell in a column > > thanks > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > ...

Archive not working in Outlook 2003
Hi I've just imported my mail from Outlook Express into Outlook 2003. However I cannot get it to archive old emails (older than 6 months) into the Archive Folders. It creates the folders in the Archive, but does not move any emails, either by autoarchive or telling to arhive folders explicitly. Help! The archive feature works on the date modified - meaning, the date you imported the items. It will work after a while - in the meantime, you can manually move them. Anon wrote: > Hi > > I've just imported my mail from Outlook Express into > Outlook 2003. > However I c...

Re: Workflow just wont run automatically, i have to run them manually
Yes, but i realized what i was doing wrong. I assumed [bad idea] that if i create a case and hit Save & Close the first time, taht the rule will run. In order for the rule to run automatically, it has to be Save, once it saves it, then Save & Close. Thanks for your reply. "Hi, Did you check the workflow monitor to see if the rules get triggered correctly and complete sucessfully ? Have a nice day, St=E9phane Dorrekens " --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://...

Outlook Still Running
I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make sure this does not happen? Thanks for your help -- Neil Remove ABCD from Email address to reply <neil154ABCD@earthlink.net> wrote: > I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro and sometimes when I exit > out of Outlook, Outlook.exe and Winword.exe stay as processes still > running. Does anyone else have this problem and what can do to make > sure this does not happ...

Excel pictured hyperlink as "normal" cell content
Hi, In an Excel sheet the cells in a column contain hyperlinks(http:/ ....)covered by a picture, but they seem to be empty. The reference popups only, when I point to each cell with the cursor. How can I convert multiple cells' hyperlinks contents as a "simple hyperlink text, by few step? (the cell will contain the hl as genera underscored(text) only, instead of picture or "blank" cell) Thanks S.Yours bendes P.S. As you see, I am not an expert.. Attachment filename: hyperlink_example.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.p...

how can i work with the templates wizard in excell 2003?
how can i work with the templates wizard in excell 2003? In old versions i worked with templates wizard to create data in access or in a worksheet. i setuped the excell 2003 pro and then i canot work with previously worksheets created with the old wizard. ...

Very strange problems while running Great Plains on workstations
I notice that a few workstations in an office I support are having problems when they run Great Plains. Excel, Outlook, Word and Dynamics.exe are showing in the Application event log as being Hanging or Faulting. I also see Fault Bucket errors, but when I search online I cannot find any information online. Here is one of the Fault Bucket errors: 3:15:35 pm 28-Sep-06 Application Hang None 1001 N/A Fault bucket 296734104. Also, these workstations are experiencing problems printing PDF files. Has anyone out there seen this behavior and if so, how can these problems be fixed? Thank you, ...

Publisher 2000 will not run
I had problems with Publisher 98 not running which we=20 never did solve so I installed office 2000 to see if=20 Publisher 2000 would function. Same problem: The flash=20 screen pops up and then disappears. No program. Microsoft=AE Publisher 2000 Version 6.0 has encountered a=20 problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the=20 inconvenience. Howard, hi again, Have you tried opening Publisher in safe mode? Publisher retains all printer information within its publications. If you can open Publisher in safe mode, either regress or update your printer and video drivers. -- Mary Sauer MS MV...

Running diferent query with one command
I would like to run queries with just one botton and a date dispalyed in a form. If Sunday March 09, 2008, is dispalyed I would like to click on a button and run a query that will select emloyees that are scheduled to work on this day of the week along with other pertinent information already preselected by that query. Currenlty I am using 7 diferrent buttons to run 7 differnrent append queries but it is too confusing and I am sure there is an better way. Thanks Charles -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200803/1 Why 7 butt...

Custom draw not working with CListCtrl
I have a subclass of CListCtrl that I've created so that I can do my own custom drawing. The problem is that the NMHDR being passed in doesn't seem to be of the NMLVCUSTOMDRAW type. I can cast the pointer to LPNMCUSTOMDRAW and all of the data is good. If I cast it to LPNMLVCUSTOMDRAW, only the data in the nmcd members are valid. The iSubItem, clrText, etc are all garbage values. What's going on here? I've included some relevent code here: class CSeriesListCtrl : public CListCtrl { .... public: afx_msg void OnNMCustomDraw(NMHDR *pNMHDR, LRESULT *pResult); } BEGIN_MESSA...

Macro automatic run at open
Is there a simple way to have a macro automatically started when a workbook is open? Thanks Francesco Francesco, use the workbook open event, like this, Private Sub Workbook_Open() MsgBox "It Works!" End Sub To put in this macro, from your workbook right-click the workbook's icon and pick View Code. This icon is at the top-left of the spreadsheet this will open the VBA editor to the thisworkbook module, then, paste the code in the window that opens on the right hand side, press Alt and Q to close this window and go back to your workbook, now this will run every time you ...