Row data missing from printed report

I'm printing a tabular report from Access 2003 in portrait on A3. On a row
about half way down, it prints the grid lines and some of the fields, but
misses other fields (all there on Print Preview or a Landscape print).

Has anyone had this problem and solved it?

Suggestions:

Open the report in design view, and check the properties of the problem text
box(es.) Make sure:
- Display When is set to Always.
- Back Color is white
- Fore Color black (0)
- Font Size is 8 or greater
- Font Name is one you have installed.
If you have vertical set to Yes, try the font Arial CYR (not normal Arial.)
Then see if there are any other properties for this text box that are
different to others on your report.

If the report prints characters (A-Z) but not digits (0-9) and you have the
French language installed, there was a weird font problem relating to an
Arabic font, (but I think that was an older version of Access.)

If none of that works, try switching to a completely different printer and
see if it prints okay. If it does, see if you can get an updated driver for
your printer.

"Jerry K" <JerryK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm printing a tabular report from Access 2003 in portrait on A3. On a row
> about half way down, it prints the grid lines and some of the fields, but
> misses other fields (all there on Print Preview or a Landscape print).
>
> Has anyone had this problem and solved it?

0
Allen

Hiding blank rows
I have a spreadsheet with columns, first name, last name, home phone, business phone and cell phone. When I don't have phone information in any of the three columns I would like that column to be hidden or deleted. Can I do this in some automated fashion? Thanks. Michael try adding a column in that column put something like =if(counta(b2-d2)>0,"",1) and use autofilter to hide the 1s "mlkpied" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with columns, first name, last name, home phone, > business phone and cell phone. When I don't have phone information in any of ...

Set up parameters for external data
Hello, In Excel i import information from an external system , (this query was orginally built in msquery). I then recorded a macro linking to this query to get the vb code to get the external data. At the moment in vb i rebuild the sql statement each time i want to import the data. For example i might want to change the date range of the imported data. Is it possible to simply use parameters , like you do in the data environment in VB6 , as opposed to recreating the sql statement each time. If so could someone please provide an example of the vb code. Cheers ...

Can you lock a drop-down cell so that it sorts with the row?
I have created drop-down cells (type of business) for my client contact list but when I sort that list alphabetically or by last contacted date the drop-down cells don't sort with it. How can I solve that issue? Thanks for the responses! Are these Data Validation dropdown lists? Where is the list range located? i.e. =$A$2:$A$20 If inside your sort area the lists should change to whatever is in A2:A20 after the sort. Tested in 2003 and 2007 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:19:01 -0800, Lisa in Victoria <Lisa in Victoria@discussions.micros...

How to change data in 300 workbooks
Hello, I have 300 workbooks in one folder, and I want to change cell a5 in all of them from "\ 04" to "\ 05". Names of workbooks are 001, 002, 003...... 300 Is there an easy way or will I have to open each of them and change the data manualy? Thanks... Hi Soky Copy this code in a workbook outside the folder C:\Data and run it Try this for all files in the folder C:\Data (it change A5 of the first worksheet) Sub Test() Dim mybook As Workbook Dim FNames As String Dim MyPath As String Dim SaveDriveDir As String SaveDriveDir = CurDir MyPath = &...

Macro for merging rows
I have a fairly large spreadsheet that are sorted based on a file # (ie: E0800100, E0800101). The spreadsheet is setup to where each entry is on an individual row as seen below: A B C E0800100 Review.... 1.0 (hr) E0800100 Review.... 2.0 E0800101 Review.... 1.5 E0800102 Review.... .5 I am trying to organize the spreadsheet so that there is only one row per file number and the Descriptions (B) and Time (C) extend along the columns of that row. A. B....

To find the Last row
The following is the pattern of the data I have. I need to know which is the last row which has the data A1 - AAA A2- BBB A3 - <blank> A4 - CCC A5 - DDD A6 - <Blank> A7 - <Blank> A8 - <Blank> A9 - EEE. In the above example I want to get the row number as 9 as the last row which has the data. Can this be acheived by some formula. I tried COUNTA, but it does not serve my purpose. Please help. Thanks Anand ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.Excel...

Row colouring that accommodates filtering?
What can be used instead of "=MOD(ROW(),2)=1" that accommodates filtering, pls? The above gives clumps of identically-coloured rows, dependent on the particular filter criteria used. Thank you! :oD As long as there are no empty cells within the filtered list: Assume A1:B1 is the header row. A2:B10 is the data Select the range A2:B10 Conditional Formatting Formula Is: =MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A1:$A$2),2)=0 Biff "StargateFanFromWork" <NoSpam@NoJunk.com> wrote in message news:%23wKPl8LmHHA.4768@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What can be used instead of "=MOD(ROW...

WLM data files
Where in the directory tree would I find the file(s) in which all of WLM's data (email folders/messages, contacts, newsgroup messages, calendar, etc.) are stored? Look in options/advanced/maintenance/store folder to find the path to where it is all stored. Art [artfudd] Folden -- "PE" wrote in message news:O_idnZXhJ6HMndLRnZ2dnUVZ_g-dnZ2d@earthlink.com... Where in the directory tree would I find the file(s) in which all of WLM's data (email folders/messages, contacts, newsgroup messages, calendar, etc.) are stored? "Art [artfudd] Folden" &...

Printing a Receipt
Any way to do a receipt for a purchase in my business? I only see invoices? ...

query with duplicated data
Hi, I'm trying to do my first database and I want to compare 2 tables. Tbl 1: Invoice nmr Part nmr Value Price 1001 A 601 100 1001 B 601 500 1001 C 602 200 1002 A 601 100 1003 D 602 550 Tbl2: Invoice nmr Value SumPrice 1001 601 600 .... (part A+B) 1001 602 200 ..... (part C) 1002 602 100 ..... (part A) 1003 602 55...

How do I alter the value of a data point in a chart series
How do I alter the value of a data point in a chart series You can change the value in the cell that the point represents. In Excel 2003 and earlier, you can select the point (single click to select the series, then single click again to select the point), then when the cursor turns into a double or quadruple arrow, click on the point and drag it. This capability was removed from Excel 2007. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "IanU" <IanU@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

linking data with other workbooks
Hello, I have a spreadsheet (FrontEnd.xls) whos cell gets data from another spreadsheet using (='C:\junk\[BackEnd.xls]Sheet1'!C3). I then close both spreadsheets and open BackEnd.xls and insert a column causing the BackEnd data to now be C4. Now when I open the FrontEnd.xls I am asked if I want to update the links. After choosing "Yes", the cell is still pointing to "'C:\junk\[BackEnd.xls]Sheet1'!C3" rather then to C4. Is there a way to have the FrontEnd.xls spreadsheet update cell references that have shifted because of insertions or deletion of...

Row Limit in Excel
I work a lot with excel and I know that the row limit is 65,536, but I need more than that. Is there any way to make the number of rows infinite or at least to give me a certain amount of more rows. If there is please let me know. Thank you. -- Please help Molly, that is all there is, per sheet. -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Molly" <molly_carols@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:FD2C7921-E249-4...

looking for empty row to paste a range of copied cells
Hi - I am trying to make a code that will copy a range ("A27:L27") on sheet 1 and then look for the next empty row on sheet 2 and paste it in range ("A27:L27") . I would also like the macro to insert a new blank row (or insert the copied row) for the purpose of shifting existing SUM functions on sheet 2 down. I would like those functions to be right below the copied/pasted cells every time the macro is executed. Thanks for any help - Jim A You don't Mention What column you want to sum This code will copy and paste to the fist row and then sum column D Sub Cop...

Insert row with formatting from row below instead of row above?
My default Excel template has the top row formatted as a header, with bold text and a dark bottom border to distinguish it from the rows below. So if I insert a row at row 2, the new row is formatted like the header. Then I have to select the new row and remove the bold font, remove the dark border, select the header row and reapply the bottom border. Is there a way I can change the insert default so that it takes it's formatting from the row below instead of the row above. Or better yet, so that it has no formatting at all? Hi AFAIK you can't change this behaviour -- Regards Fra...

How should I debug or adobt better data processing for high speed
Hello! I have a program in MFC that collects data via USB, process it and display graphs. When data rate is relatively low(max. 1K bytes/Sec) the program works Ok but when data speed exceeds 10K bytes/Sec program goes crazy after a while and shows fictionally data . There is no problem for display section because it is buffered ( I have a buffered DC). The problem seems to be data processing. Because program is huge I can't post codes and I do not expect a solution but I try to explain general data processing scheme and I hope someone can advise me how to find weak points of progr...

calculating row by row
I would like to have Excel total the sum of a row 5 of randomly generated numbers in a 6th column, one column at a time. I have no problem generating the random numbers and totalling them but I would like to generate the first number and place it in the total column then when I initiate it generate the second number, add this to the first and place it in the total and so on to the 5th column. Is this possible? Many thanks. Unless I'm missing something here, this formula should do it for you. This is for row 2 on the sheet, and would go into cell F2 =SUM(A2:E2) That formula will &q...

Accessing Client JavaScript after Selecting Row from Grid

Sorting Rows by Color
Excel 2003: Is there a way to sort rows by color? Put all the blue rows together, all the green together, etc? There is but you need to work it. Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "SharonJo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:144901c4f9c9$f734ec80$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Excel 2003: Is there a way to sort rows by color? Put all > the blue rows together, all the green together, etc? ...

Printing the Pane Froze
I did Pane Freezing to see my header while working. It is a decriptive row at the top of the page. Now I am trying to print this report and the descriptive row will only print on page one. How do I get it to print on the top of each page? File / Page Setup / Sheet Tab / Rows to print at Top / Select Rows -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ----------------...

Word was unable to open the data source
My problem is that my Excel data is not being "mail merged" into Word. I followed the suggestion of prompting the data source before opening and I can choose "MS Excel Worksheet via DDE (*.xls) when prompted. Next I choose th named or cell range which is "Entire Spreadsheet". Then in lowr left task bar it briefly says "Opening file . . . ." but then I am prompted with Word error "Word was unable to open the data source." If I try Office 2007 I use "OLE DB Database Files" when prompted to open data source. Then I select t...

EXcluding Zeros from the average in a row
HI I am trying to average a row of numbers (F35:U35) that have numeric zeros in some of the cells. However, I would like to exclude them, and the cells from the calculation "=AVERAGE(F35:U35)". Is there a way to do that? Thanks -- Geo Hi Geo This array formula will do the job: =AVERAGE(IF(F35:U35<>0,F35:U35)) To be entered with <Shift><Ctrl><Enter> instead of <Enter>, also if edited later. -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. "Geo" <Geo@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:9C2B0B65-1AF...

Populate field based on data returned from Control query
Need some assistance on this one - I have a form that requires either a manually entered ID number or to generate one sequentially. I already have the SQL written to manually increment the ID numbers, but am drawing a blank as to how to get the control to populate the field. For example, a person needs to be entered into the system and they have an existing university-issued ID number. The form allows manual entry of any ID. The functionality required is for the user to click a control (button) that grabs the next available ID from a table (it's actually a single row/column table that the...

Flag row if cell values = something specific
Let's say A1 = top and B1 = Bottom in C1, I want to say that if A1 = top and B1 = bottom then the cell background color of C1 should be red. How can I do this? And I need to do this in a macro. I can't use conditional formating from the menu. I have a recorded macro that does all my formatting and I need to add this. "Some Dude" <sdatt@myplace.com> wrote in message news:e9kw7DrfGHA.4864@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Let's say A1 = top > and B1 = Bottom > > in C1, I want to say that if A1 = top and B1 = bottom then the cell > background color of...

How do I add a horizontal data line to a column chart?
I have two columns of data which I have charted, now I would like to put the differences between the two. For instance, if I have 926-843= 83, I want to be able to put that number on my chart to show the difference. Thanks -- DMM http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "soconfused" <soconfused@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A1331C2-DD17-43B0-B0BF-962B052D4626@microsoft.com... >I have two columns ...