Resource For Help With Access

I provide help with Access applications. I specialize in designing the
tables for a new database and fixing problems and adding new functionality
in existing databases. My fee could be as low as ten dollars. If you need
help and can no longer connect to a newsgroup, I can help you. Contact me at
my email address below.

Steve
santus@penn.com

0
Steve

On Sun, 30 May 2010 15:03:59 -0400, "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com>
wrote:

Keep in mind that Steve is notorious for violating newsgroup etiquette
and is always trolling for work. He doesn't grasp the concept that the
newsgroups are for FREE support and that commercial sollicitations are
off-topic and unwanted. Take him with a grain of salt.

Free Access support continues to be everywhere, such as:
The newsgroup comp.databases.ms-acces
social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/addbuz
utteraccess.com
tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals
and several others.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

<clip>
0
Tom
5/30/2010 7:20:40 PM
wrote:

Keep in mind that Steve is notorious for violating newsgroup etiquette
and is always trolling for work. He doesn't grasp the concept that the
newsgroups are for FREE support and that commercial sollicitations are
off-topic and unwanted. Take him with a grain of salt.

Free Access support continues to be everywhere, such as:
The newsgroup comp.databases.ms-acces
social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/addbuz
utteraccess.com
tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/MS_Access_Professionals
and several others.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

<clip>
0
Tom
5/30/2010 7:21:29 PM
I'm puzzled. Only  $10.00 for help that the rest of us give out FREE in many
forums which are FREEly available to anyone looking for a FREE replacement
to the FREE  help that has been offered FREE here in the public newsgroups.

In case anyone is interested and can still see the Newsgroup, here is a list
of FREE forums, where many Access experts and Access MVPS still offer 100%
FREE assistance and where you are not charged in any way for the FREE
answers there.

http://www.UtterAccess.Com
http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/
http://stackoverflow.com/

That's just  for starters. I'm sure a reasonably serious search will turn up
several more FREE sites as well as a few that do charge. I suspect if you
want to pay for assistance, you'd  want togo to one of those sites where a
significant number of Access Professionals still offer advice and guidance.

And that doesn't even count the other options, which some long-time Access
MVPS are supporting. Look through previous threads for more information on
those choices.

So, if you're still interested in getting FREE assistance from real
professionals, there are any number of ways to get that help FREE , without
paying even the "reasonable" fee of $10.

Georg Hepworth

"Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message
> I provide help with Access applications. I specialize in designing the
> tables for a new database and fixing problems and adding new functionality
> in existing databases. My fee could be as low as ten dollars. If you need
> help and can no longer connect to a newsgroup, I can help you. Contact me
> at my email address below.
>
> Steve
> santus@penn.com

0
GP
5/30/2010 7:27:16 PM
Steve Santus has been spamming newsgroups for a good many years.  Regardless
of the admonitions that newsgroups are for free assistance, as this one
states; or the admonition that advertising, even of free stuff, is not
permitted, he refuses to follow the rules. Do you want to subject yourself
to the whims of someone who could, but will not, follow the rules?

Most of Steve's posts are simply flogging his services; but, when he does
attempt to answer questions, his correct answers are so few and far between
that capable, experienced Access developers who answer questions here for
free have said "no rates can be reasonable _enough_ to pay for wrong
answers".

But, poor Steve's claimed thousands of satisfied clients don't seem to be
enough. I doubt that is because he permanently solved their problems or
educated them enough that they no longer ever need any help. So, Steve must
take advantage of the last day or two to appeal for work Yet Again, here in
the dying newsgroup.

I wish Steve well, but I wouldn't wish him _on_ any users of this newsgroup.

--
Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP
Co-author: "Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions", published by Wiley

"Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote

 > I provide help with Access applications. I specialize
 > in designing the tables for a new database and fixing
 > problems and adding new functionality in existing
 > databases. My fee could be as low as ten dollars. If
 > you need help and can no longer connect to a news-
 > group, I can help you. Contact me at my email
 > address below.
 >
 > Steve
 also known as Steve the Spammer or Santus the Spammer

 < for your own good, Steve's email was deleted>

0
Larry
5/30/2010 7:32:15 PM
On Sun, 30 May 2010 14:32:15 -0500, "Larry Linson"
<bouncer@localhost.not> wrote:

Hi Larry,
Another point is that with more and more support options going to a
moderated format, there may be fewer and fewer places for Steve to
grovel for work. That's definitely one of the weak points of usenet
newsgroups and something I'm looking forward to with Microsoft Answers
and other places.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>Steve Santus has been spamming newsgroups for a good many years.  Regardless
>of the admonitions that newsgroups are for free assistance, as this one
>states; or the admonition that advertising, even of free stuff, is not
>permitted, he refuses to follow the rules. Do you want to subject yourself
>to the whims of someone who could, but will not, follow the rules?
>
>Most of Steve's posts are simply flogging his services; but, when he does
>attempt to answer questions, his correct answers are so few and far between
>that capable, experienced Access developers who answer questions here for
>free have said "no rates can be reasonable _enough_ to pay for wrong
>answers".
>
>But, poor Steve's claimed thousands of satisfied clients don't seem to be
>enough. I doubt that is because he permanently solved their problems or
>educated them enough that they no longer ever need any help. So, Steve must
>take advantage of the last day or two to appeal for work Yet Again, here in
>the dying newsgroup.
>
>I wish Steve well, but I wouldn't wish him _on_ any users of this newsgroup.
0
Tom
5/30/2010 7:37:58 PM
This post is nothing but sour grapes!!

A few years ago Larry Linson begged me for a job. I turned him down because
he is an arrogant know-it-all and has no scruples about lieing. He stands on
his soap box wanting you to be riveted to everything he says but he is
nothing but an old man living in the past when he used Access95 and previous
versions.

Steve

"Larry Linson" <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote in message
> Steve Santus has been spamming newsgroups for a good many years.
> Regardless of the admonitions that newsgroups are for free assistance, as
> this one states; or the admonition that advertising, even of free stuff,
> is not permitted, he refuses to follow the rules. Do you want to subject
> yourself to the whims of someone who could, but will not, follow the
> rules?
>
> Most of Steve's posts are simply flogging his services; but, when he does
> attempt to answer questions, his correct answers are so few and far
> between that capable, experienced Access developers who answer questions
> here for free have said "no rates can be reasonable _enough_ to pay for
> wrong answers".
>
> But, poor Steve's claimed thousands of satisfied clients don't seem to be
> enough. I doubt that is because he permanently solved their problems or
> educated them enough that they no longer ever need any help. So, Steve
> must take advantage of the last day or two to appeal for work Yet Again,
> here in the dying newsgroup.
>
> I wish Steve well, but I wouldn't wish him _on_ any users of this
> newsgroup.
>
> --
> Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP
> Co-author: "Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions", published by Wiley
> Access newsgroup support is alive and well in USENET
> comp.databases.ms-access
>

> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote
>
> > I provide help with Access applications. I specialize
> > in designing the tables for a new database and fixing
> > problems and adding new functionality in existing
> > databases. My fee could be as low as ten dollars. If
> > you need help and can no longer connect to a news-
> > group, I can help you. Contact me at my email
> > address below.
> >
> > Steve
> also known as Steve the Spammer or Santus the Spammer
>
> < for your own good, Steve's email was deleted>

0
Steve
5/30/2010 7:52:20 PM
>I provide help with Access applications. I specialize in designing the
>tables for a new database and fixing problems and adding new functionality
>in existing databases. My fee could be as low as ten dollars. If you need
>help and can no longer connect to a newsgroup, I can help you. Contact me
>at my email address below.
>
> Steve
> santus@penn.com

Panicking stevie? Where will you go to con people into your questionable
services?

Stevie is our own personal pet troll who is the only one who does not
understand the concept of FREE peer to peer support!
He offers questionable results at unreasonable prices.

These newsgroups are provided by Microsoft for FREE peer to peer support.
There are many highly qualified individuals who gladly help for free. Stevie
is not one of them, but he is the only one who just does not get the idea of
"FREE" support. He offers questionable results at unreasonable prices. If he
was any good, the "thousands" of people he claims to have helped would be
flooding him with work, but there appears to be a continuous drought and he
needs to constantly grovel for work.

Please do not feed the trolls.

John... Visio MVP

0
John
5/30/2010 8:02:15 PM
Larry is far more competent with Access when he is asleep than stevie is
when stevie is supposedly at the top of his game.

I have yet to see Larry post anything that was a lie, but stevie on the
other hand seems to enjoy wallowing in untruths.
He has claimed to be an engineer, but any qualified engineer knows that they
have standards and ethics to maintain. Stevie kows nothing about ethics or
quality.

So one ZIP code per city? Sounds like some one from small town PA.

Stevie, go back to being a gasoline station attendant.

John... Visio MVP
> This post is nothing but sour grapes!!
>
> A few years ago Larry Linson begged me for a job. I turned him down
> because he is an arrogant know-it-all and has no scruples about lieing. He
> stands on his soap box wanting you to be riveted to everything he says but
> he is nothing but an old man living in the past when he used Access95 and
> previous versions.
>
> Steve
>

> "Larry Linson" <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote in message
>> Steve Santus has been spamming newsgroups for a good many years.
>> Regardless of the admonitions that newsgroups are for free assistance, as
>> this one states; or the admonition that advertising, even of free stuff,
>> is not permitted, he refuses to follow the rules. Do you want to subject
>> yourself to the whims of someone who could, but will not, follow the
>> rules?
>>
>> Most of Steve's posts are simply flogging his services; but, when he does
>> attempt to answer questions, his correct answers are so few and far
>> between that capable, experienced Access developers who answer questions
>> here for free have said "no rates can be reasonable _enough_ to pay for
>> wrong answers".
>>
>> But, poor Steve's claimed thousands of satisfied clients don't seem to be
>> enough. I doubt that is because he permanently solved their problems or
>> educated them enough that they no longer ever need any help. So, Steve
>> must take advantage of the last day or two to appeal for work Yet Again,
>> here in the dying newsgroup.
>>
>> I wish Steve well, but I wouldn't wish him _on_ any users of this
>> newsgroup.
>>
>> --
>> Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP
>> Co-author: "Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions", published by
>> Wiley
>> Access newsgroup support is alive and well in USENET
>> comp.databases.ms-access
>>

>> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote
>>
>> > I provide help with Access applications. I specialize
>> > in designing the tables for a new database and fixing
>> > problems and adding new functionality in existing
>> > databases. My fee could be as low as ten dollars. If
>> > you need help and can no longer connect to a news-
>> > group, I can help you. Contact me at my email
>> > address below.
>> >
>> > Steve
>> also known as Steve the Spammer or Santus the Spammer
>>
>> < for your own good, Steve's email was deleted>

0
John
5/30/2010 8:15:58 PM
I can assure everyone that Steve wouldn't last past his first request for "a
reasonable fee" to answer a poster's question at Utter Access.

I know that there are pros and cons for both moderated forums and the
newsgroups, so I'm
not going to go all pedantic on this point, but one of those pros definitely
is that on a moderated forum,
we can, and do, monitor all posts by all members ( or at least we try to do
so ).

Spamming -- a la "reasonable fee" --gets people permanently banned at our
site as soon as the post is spotted by a moderator or administrator.
I imagine most other moderated forums have a similar policy regarding abuse.

Again, I acknowledge that the moderated forum environment is not for
everyone. Nonetheless,  I think that, at least in this regard,
we have a pretty good thing going.

George
MS Access MVP
UA Administrator

"Tom van Stiphout" <tom7744.no.spam@cox.net> wrote in message
> On Sun, 30 May 2010 14:32:15 -0500, "Larry Linson"
> <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote:
>
> Hi Larry,
> Another point is that with more and more support options going to a
> moderated format, there may be fewer and fewer places for Steve to
> grovel for work. That's definitely one of the weak points of usenet
> newsgroups and something I'm looking forward to with Microsoft Answers
> and other places.
>
> -Tom.
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

>>Steve Santus has been spamming newsgroups for a good many years.
>>Regardless
>>of the admonitions that newsgroups are for free assistance, as this one
>>states; or the admonition that advertising, even of free stuff, is not
>>permitted, he refuses to follow the rules. Do you want to subject yourself
>>to the whims of someone who could, but will not, follow the rules?
>>
>>Most of Steve's posts are simply flogging his services; but, when he does
>>attempt to answer questions, his correct answers are so few and far
>>between
>>that capable, experienced Access developers who answer questions here for
>>free have said "no rates can be reasonable _enough_ to pay for wrong
>>answers".
>>
>>But, poor Steve's claimed thousands of satisfied clients don't seem to be
>>enough. I doubt that is because he permanently solved their problems or
>>educated them enough that they no longer ever need any help. So, Steve
>>must
>>take advantage of the last day or two to appeal for work Yet Again, here
>>in
>>the dying newsgroup.
>>
>>I wish Steve well, but I wouldn't wish him _on_ any users of this
>>newsgroup.

0
GP
5/30/2010 8:20:57 PM
"Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> schreef in bericht news:%23wN2crCALHA.5848@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>I provide help with Access applications. I specialize in designing the tables for a new database and fixing problems and adding new
>functionality in existing databases. My fee could be as low as ten dollars. If you need help and can no longer connect to a
>newsgroup, I can help you. Contact me at my email address below.
>
> Steve
> santus@penn.com

Getting a bit desperate $teve??
Very soon there is NO place left for your adds...

BTW: I guess the folks at cdma are waiting to eat you alive...

--
Get lost $teve.  Go away... far away....

Again... Get lost $teve.  Go away... far away....
No-one wants your help... no-one needs your help

Newsgroups are meant for FREE help..
No-one wants you here... no-one needs you there..
$teve: Look at http://home.tiscali.nl/arracom/whoissteve.html
(Website has been updated and has a new 'look'...  we have passed 12.000 pageloads... it's a shame !!)

Arno R

0
Stop
5/30/2010 10:29:57 PM
Well, John, I've challenged Steve to post a copy of any e-mail where I
inquired about work, which of course he could not do, and he hasn't even had
the smarts or guts to forge a copy.  This isn't the first time he's made
such a baseless claim.

In words made famous by michka, "I'd rather slide down a giant razor blade
into a vat of iodine than work for Steve."  I remember his first posts,
where he was bitching about not getting two days work from someone for
half-a-day's pay... that's not the kind of person you'd want to work for. If
I remember correctly, he didn't pay the guy anything, even though it sounded
as if the guy had completed and sent him exactly what Steve had asked for --
Steve just didn't know enough to specify the work product properly.  I'd
sooner switch to eating a cheaper brand of dog food than stoop to working
for Steve, and, despite his claims, I haven't had to switch to even the best
of dog food, yet.

But, in moderated forums, he's going to find his opportunities extremely
limited. So I think we are going to have to be vigilant in CDMA to not let
him get away with it -- I know there are enough "old hands" headed back
there to be all over him like a cheap suit if he tries his tricks there. I
just hope he doesn't flood it with so much spam that people will not come
there to ask questions.

By the way, he plagiarized the "old man / living in past / previous
versions" stuff from the late Don P. Mellon.  He doesn't even have enough
imagination and intelligence to create his own insults.  But, then, he also
doesn't have enough imagination and intelligence to use anonymizers and such
to beseige a newsgroup, even with Mellon's example, to try to kill it.
Mellon, at least, _sometimes_ got in a pretty good "zinger" that'd make us
grin.

--

"John... Visio MVP" <lancucki@stonehenge.ca> wrote in message
> Larry is far more competent with Access when he is asleep than stevie is
> when stevie is supposedly at the top of his game.
>
> I have yet to see Larry post anything that was a lie, but stevie on the
> other hand seems to enjoy wallowing in untruths.
> He has claimed to be an engineer, but any qualified engineer knows that
> they have standards and ethics to maintain. Stevie kows nothing about
> ethics or quality.
>
> So one ZIP code per city? Sounds like some one from small town PA.
>
> Stevie, go back to being a gasoline station attendant.
>
> John... Visio MVP
> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote in message
>> This post is nothing but sour grapes!!
>>
>> A few years ago Larry Linson begged me for a job. I turned him down
>> because he is an arrogant know-it-all and has no scruples about lieing.
>> He stands on his soap box wanting you to be riveted to everything he says
>> but he is nothing but an old man living in the past when he used Access95
>> and previous versions.
>>
>> Steve
>>

>> "Larry Linson" <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote in message
>>> Steve Santus has been spamming newsgroups for a good many years.
>>> Regardless of the admonitions that newsgroups are for free assistance,
>>> as this one states; or the admonition that advertising, even of free
>>> stuff, is not permitted, he refuses to follow the rules. Do you want to
>>> subject yourself to the whims of someone who could, but will not, follow
>>> the rules?
>>>
>>> Most of Steve's posts are simply flogging his services; but, when he
>>> does attempt to answer questions, his correct answers are so few and far
>>> between that capable, experienced Access developers who answer questions
>>> here for free have said "no rates can be reasonable _enough_ to pay for
>>> wrong answers".
>>>
>>> But, poor Steve's claimed thousands of satisfied clients don't seem to
>>> be enough. I doubt that is because he permanently solved their problems
>>> or educated them enough that they no longer ever need any help. So,
>>> Steve must take advantage of the last day or two to appeal for work Yet
>>> Again, here in the dying newsgroup.
>>>
>>> I wish Steve well, but I wouldn't wish him _on_ any users of this
>>> newsgroup.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Larry Linson, Microsoft Office Access MVP
>>> Co-author: "Microsoft Access Small Business Solutions", published by
>>> Wiley
>>> Access newsgroup support is alive and well in USENET
>>> comp.databases.ms-access
>>>

>>> "Steve" <notmyemail@address.com> wrote

>>> also known as Steve the Spammer or Santus the Spammer
>>>
>>> < for your own good, Steve's email was deleted>

0
Larry
5/31/2010 12:17:37 AM
> A few years ago Larry Linson begged me for a job. I turned him down

Very good Steve, it is just as well you didn't hire him.
Are there others you turned down or fired though ?
I mean please let us know if they start nagging you for a job again.
0
rumkus
5/31/2010 6:40:30 PM
On May 30, 7:17=A0pm, "Larry Linson" <boun...@localhost.not> wrote:
> [...]
> > other hand seems to enjoy wallowing in untruths.
> > He has claimed to be an engineer, but any qualified engineer knows that
> > they have standards and ethics to maintain. Stevie kows nothing about
> > ethics or quality.
>
> > So one ZIP code per city? Sounds like some one from small town PA.
>
> > Stevie, go back to being a gasoline station attendant.
>
> > John... Visio MVP
> > "Steve" <notmyem...@address.com> wrote in message
> >> This post is nothing but sour grapes!!
>
> >> A few years ago Larry Linson begged me for a job. I turned him down
> >> because he is an arrogant know-it-all and has no scruples about lieing=
..
> >> He stands on his soap box wanting you to be riveted to everything he s=
ays
> >> but he is nothing but an old man living in the past when he used Acces=

That's the difference between Steve and Don Mellon.  Don was
occasionally helpful... even funny... well, until he stopped taking
his meds.
0
Piet

Switchboard 2007 help
Hi I have used the switchboard and am not impressed. It seems to me that one only has 1 level available. I would like to create sub menues off the top node i.e. 1 for Edit, add etc. and the other for reports. I dont see a way to do this. Am I missing something. Any help would be appreciated. Regards ...

resource usage 01-13-10
Hi there, Is it possible to display remaining work in the right hand Pane? I can display it in the left hand pane (the table section) but can't seem to find in the right hand pane (the timephased area). eg. I want total remaining work for each resources for each month Many thanks. -- lk50 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lk50's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/87282.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1292777.htm http://forums.techarena.in Nope. Remaining work is not a time...

Urgent help #3
Dear All, I am haveing Exchange Enviroment Here in My Network. All of my users i convert them from using mailbox to use Personal Folder, and all of the E-mails will be stored locally on the client PC as per our company Policy. Now, i want to understand the difrrent between using Personal Folder & Autoarchive. ? If i disable the AutoArchive, and depending on the PST, do you think i am correct or is there any Problem ? if i did not using Personal folder & used Mailbox, and enable autoarchive, what is the different between the PST & Autoarchive, ? 3- what will happen if i l...

about resources and the using
Hi! GC removes objects when the GC decides so because C# is managed. At the bottom I have a code snipped. The book I read say Always call Dispose() on Pen objects or use the using feature on the Pen object. I mean C# is managed so I can't understand why I should dispose the Pen object. GC should take care of this. The reason is probably that I mixup memory and resources. GC take care of free memory but not resources. I have some problem to understand why I must dispose the Pen object here because I see the Pen object as any object such as a Person or Car. So my first qu...

Help
I setup an address book a few weeks back using a contacts template. I'd like to setup a Greeting Card query but have no idea how to pull just those that I have either a birthdate or anniversary date for. I should mention that those fields were originally set as text and I did have to leave them that way. For some people I do have a normal standard date including the year but for others, I just have the month & day. Is there any way to do this? (Keep in mind I haven't been using Access long and need easy to understand instructions.) Lisa ...

publisher list to access
How can I transfer a created list from publisher 2000 to access? or can I? In news:18c3f01c420e8$0a7e3000$a601280a@phx.gbl, bob <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> posted: > How can I transfer a created list from publisher 2000 to > access? or can I? The Publisher Address Book list is stored as an Access file (*.mdb). Just open that file in Microsoft Access. This file is stored in My Data Sources (Windows XP) by default. Otherwise, search your computer for the .*.mdb file. But keep in mind that once edited and saved with Access, it may no longer open in Publisher. Be sure to k...

Help w/Pop3
I have MS Office XP Pro which included Outlook - Everything has been fine until last night. I cannot recieve or send email. I have checked settings about 4 times & still nothing. Error messages received are: specified sever found - no response from Server, verify ssl info (I did), Find incoming mail server pop3-unalbe to connect verify Port & SSL info (I did), Unable to log onto Pop3 incoming server verify name, passwordk & email fields (I did) - I am not a "Techy" & need help. Thanks Anyone! Karen Have you double checked the POP3 server name? Where are you try...

Percentage Help
Hi All, I am trying to figure out how to get a percentage to show up in certain cells. THis is what I have: C D E F G List Price Retail Price Wholesale Sponsor1 Sponsor2 20.00 49.95 =8%*D2 =7%*D2 =6%*D2 SHOWS AS 4.00 WANT 45.95 Ok the formula =8%*D2 shows the discount amount of 3.996 but what I want to do is show the actual cost. So if I subtract 8% from 49.95 the discount would be 3.996 s...

Help! Need to add/delete email users
We are a nonprofit in a sticky situation - our old consultants are terrible and we are replacing them next week, but in the meantime I have a new assistant starting on Monday and need to get rid of the old assistant's email/login and set her up. I am the most skilled at computers in our office unfortunately, and am in the network room (luckily it is logged on) but have no idea where to find a place to change it or how to change it. I am guessing its not too difficult if I'm pointed in the right direction. We can't have the original consultants come in to do this so any...

help defining dynamic range
To all, I have a mean line that is defined as a name as follows, where C2 is the mean value ='FINAL Averages'!$C$2*ROW(ChartLabelsHeat2)/ROW(ChartLabelsHeat2) This creates a dynamic mean line based on the data in column A of sheet - Data. The name chartlabelsheat2 is defined as: =OFFSET(DATA!$A$2,1,0,COUNTA(DATA!$A:$A)-1,1) where column a contains my x-axis data, which totals some 400 points. This works fine, however I want the mean line to start at row 100 of column a, i.e. 100 data points (A100) into the chart. Is there any easy way I can do this using the formulae that I ha...

MCSD Resource
I have found a resource providing answers for examination questions being helpful in certifying for MCSD.... http://technical-talk.com/mc/mcsd/mcsd.asp ...

Lookup
Hi i have 3 fields called Site(lookup), Board(lookup) and Location(text). there is a field name which i want to populate automatically with on change event = site + location + board below is the code i have var n var lookupItem = new Array; lookupItem = crmForm.all.parentcustomerid.DataValue; var l = crmForm.all.new_location.DataValue; var boardlookup = new Array; boardlookup = crmForm.all.new_boardid.DataValue if (lookupItem[0] != null) { n = (lookupItem[0].name)+" "+ l +" "+(boardlookup[0].name) ; crmForm.all.new_name.DataValue = n; } else { n = ( l +" &qu...

Access Query
Any help would be appreciated. When viewing records resulting from a multiple table query, I discovered "Duplicate" records being selected. However, all fields are not exactly the same, for the value selected from the second table makes the record truly unique. How do I modify the query statement to "output" only one occurance of the record? I tried unique value for the "member number" field but the query still selected member 001 two times. -- Brent Brent - You need to tell Access how to decide which of the two fields is the one you w...

Test on Type in Resource Center
Hi, In Project Server 2007 SP2 In the Resource Center of PWA, I'm trying to filter on the resource's Type : Work, Material, Cost But the system reject any test on these words. It seems it's waiting for numeric values. Have you any idea to test on this Type field? Thanks Robert -- Even though the Type field displays text data, the underlying data is actually numeric. So, you have to test for the following numbers in your Filter: Work resource = 0 Material resource = 1 Cost resource =2 Hope this helps. -- Dale A. Howar...

OE removes access to certain types of files on e-mails
Grateful for anyone to tell me how I can set Outlook to NOT automatically remove certain types of files eg PDF, HTML, DAT files etc. Are they removing them or blocking them? See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for ways to get the attachments off. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm If you use OE, hit forward on a message or disable it in tools | options | security. On 25 Apr 2004 02:07, "Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Grateful for anyone to tell me how I can set Outlook ...

Resource Capacity Planning
I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability by week over time (3-6 months) Try: http://archive.baarns.com/software/ Click Software > On-Line Catalog > Excel Software > Management Software Scroll down and look for "Scheduler" (free excel file) "Paul Hipgrave" <phipgrave@rogers.com> wrote in message news:LHsmb.50236$h61.14914@news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > I'm looking for an Excel application that illustrates resources availability > by week over time (3-6 months) > > ...

Cannot send e-mail error #800CCC79-HELP!
Please, please, please if anyone knows why this is happening please tell me (I'm not very computer literate). I have Windows 2000 and use Outlook Express 6. I can receive e-mail but get the following error message when I try to send: The message could not be sent because on of the recipients were rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was xxxxxxx; Subject xxxxxxx; Account:xxxxxx; Server:smtp. highstream.net;Protocol SMTP, Server response: 550 not local host, xxxxx not a gateway,port:25, Secure[SSL];No, Server Error:550, Error Number:0x800CCC79 I'm begging anyo...

Converting resources in Exchange 5.5 to be compatable with Outlook 2003!
Hi all, We running a NT4 Enviroment with Exchange 5.5 and and clients such as Outlook 2000 and 2002 originally this was Inbox but over the years we have uppgraded. OS's are 2K and XP. All working fine untill we starting installing Office 2003 with Outlook 2003 and now we canot use resources like calendar in Exchange 5.5 we can happy create new ones. Does anyone have best way of upgrading resources to be compatable with Office 2003. In a about 4 mounths we going to Exchange 2003 but untill then I need a quick fix :-) Thank you very much, Laz. Laz: Are you referring to automatic bo...

Formula input error help
I enter complex mathmatical formulas in excel spreadsheets frequently. If something isn't quite right xl makes suggestions on how to correct the formula. I never choose yes and then another warning pops up that tells what it thinks is wrong. This is a waste of time and very irritating. Is there any way just to turn all that assistance stuff off and have it place the word error or something in the cell? I am perfectly capable of finding the problem without the program's help. Excel 2002, Windows 2000 Pro Click on Tools|Options|Error checking and untick <Enable background er...

access forms 01-28-10
I am new to Access. There is an existing Access database that I am working with. I can see all the tables, queries and forms. Do forms pull data from tables or are forms their own entity that have their own data source? I was kind of under the impression that both queries and forms have to pull data from a table but I am not sure. I tried to find what the data source for a form was but i could not. All data is stored in tables. Forms have a RecordSource property which can be a table or a query, either as a saved query or as an SQL statement. A query can get data from one o...

How do Resource Groups relate to Resources
I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID that connects Resource Groups to Resources/Users. Does anyone know what table in CRM connects these two? There isn't one. The group membership is defined in an XML document that is stored in the Constraints field of the ConstraintBasedGroupBase table (which is linked to ResourceGroup by them both having the same primary key value) -- David Jennaway - Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.excitation.co.uk Blog: http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com/ "BCote" wrote: > I am trying to figure out the linking table / GUID tha...

Unable to save relationships/Access 2003
I have a backend database in which I am attempting to build relationships, but I find I cannot save them. When I save, close the window, and reopen it, the relationships have gone, though the tables are still there are. It happens whether or not I enforce referential integrity. The problem occurs on one particular database. I have tested it on another and all is ok. We have recently migrated from 97 to 2003, and the relationships that were created earlier in 97 have been saved. When I open the window, only my new relationships have been lost, the old ones are still there. Many tha...

Plz help!!!!!!!out look
we r receing errors when we try to send emails externally.Internally it is working fine.and also we r receiving all mail. error: Task 'mail.gambate.biz - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC65) : 'Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 503 No recipient(s).' can any plz help... ...

Find & Replace Help
A customer of mine has imported some information into Excel. One of the fields has imported as 3 seperate pieces of info in the same cell. Looks like this in one cell: "4/18/2005 1:37:32 PM KGOHL1 Approval not required for this change request. 4/20/2005 8:01:13 AM RMARGOL1 Because the status of all tasks is now Closed, the Change's status automatically moved to Resolved. 4/20/2005 8:01:21 AM RMARGOL1 TaskTSK000000112258: done " We need to seperate the date and time out, ID, and comments into seperate rows for each incident. How in...

Workbook_Open code help
HI I'm trying to put code in the open workbook area so that sheet1 and sheet2 both open with the cursor on A200. I'm getting errors with this code : Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A200").Select Sheets("Sheet2").Range("A200").Select Can anybody advise how to do this? Thanks Hi Colin, You're getting errors because Sheet2 is not the active sheet when you're trying to select cell A200. Try this instead: Code: -------------------- Private Sub Workbook_Open() With Application .ScreenUpdating = Fa...