Report sorting 04-25-07

I have a table which has a column of text with numbers. ie; S976S, or S934L.
The leading letter never changes. I have now had to go to four numerical
digits but it does not sort right. If I add a leading zero, how would I do
the sort?

one method would be to use calculated fields for the sort

Left(YourField,1)
Val(Mid(YourField,2))
YourField

Another would be to build your sort field as follows
Assumption: your field is one letter followed by a three or four digit
number followed by one letter

Left(YourField,1) & Format(Val(Mid(YourField,2)),"0000") &
Right(YourField,1)

--
John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007

"Tom Tee" <TomTee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a table which has a column of text with numbers. ie; S976S, or
>S934L.
> The leading letter never changes. I have now had to go to four numerical
> digits but it does not sort right. If I add a leading zero, how would I do
> the sort?

0
John

report new page for each alpha
I have a report that produces an alphabetic directory, with the entries for each new letter (A, B, C,) starting on a new page. I have one letter, U, which has only one entry, and for some reason it is coming out on the last T page (it is the only single-entry letter which happens to fall behind a "full" page, where there isn't room on the previous page - but there are plenty of other "short" pages where it correctly does a page break before a letter. Any reason a particular letter (and it's not the only single-entry letter) might not break pages proper...

Two messages at no data in a report
I have a form with a Click-Buttom for opening a report. In the design mode of the report I have used "At no data" and there included a Messega Box saying "Sorry-there is no data in this report". When having no data i the report and clicking on my buttom in the form I will hav 2 messages. The first one is from my message box "Sorry ...." The second one is from the error handling for the buttom saying "Instructio Open report cancelled" (Translated from Swedish "Instruktionen PoenReport avbröts). A part of the error code for the buttom is...

2008 SBS questions... 07-04-10
I am trying to get a 2008 sbs running as efficiently as I can & was wondering about a couple of things. 1) I know it wants to be the DHCP server on a network, but what about for wireless clients? I have a wireless sonicwall TZ-170 for wireless laptops to connect to. They really don't need network access, just internet, so can I leave this running, as long as the addresses it hands out aren't in my same network? 2) Although the bought an SBS, the customer is not & probably won't be running exchange for a while. Can I remove exchange all together? I really see no rea...

Need Help Troubleshooting Report Manager
Here is my situation. I can=92t get to Report Manger via IE. IE just displays the =93Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage=94 error message. Details: OS is Server 2008 Standard. I=92m running a standalone computer =96 not connected to the internet. I=92ve installed MS Loopback Adapter. I=92ve installed SQL Server Reporting Services and it=92s running ok. I verified by going to Services. Status is Started, Startup Type is Automatic. The account I=92m logged in as is a member of the Administrators Group. Windows Firewall is off for all profiles. Under Network Connections ...

pulling data 04-27-10
I'm not sure I am explaining this right I want the data from C21 on sheet 1 in a cell on sheet 2 if the A & B column data matches SHEET 1 row 21 A B C D E 4/21/2010 34287 74 3 4 SHEET 2 row 20 A B C D E 4/21/2010 34287 74 try =sumproduct((s1!a2:a22=a2)*(s1!b2:b22=b2)*s1!c2:c22) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Norm" <Norm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A40C8E08-721F-47BB-A73C-458AC...

Net Worth Report on Money 2002
I have added a new liability account named "Home Equity Loan Account". It has a balance of approximately $15,000. Even though I have cleared and rechecked the account names in the reports section making sure that this new account has been marked for inclusion, it doesn't appear on the report. What corrective action should I investigate? ...

What is the formula for series: Jan-04, Feb-04, Mar-04, etc.?
Hi Kitty, =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,1) -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "kitty" <kitty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C586891-2883-47B9-A3DE-AF77D4A9799E@microsoft.com... > Hi kitty, One way of doing it is with the formula below: If you have a date is cell A1 (01/01/04) and you want cell B1 to sho you the following month insert in B1 the formula below. =EOMONTH(A1,0)+1 You may have to install the "add in" the ToolPak in order for th formula to work other wise you will get a #NAME?, error. Hope thi helps -- Fa...

80070490 Error: Windows update encountered an unknown error 03-04-10
3 security updates will not complete (now 4). Error Code 80070490 02-Mar-10 I am unable to do these three security updates: KB970238(release date 6/9/09), KB97451(release date 10/13/09), KB954155(release date 10/13/09), & KB975517(release date 10/13/09). The last succesful update was KB9937286 on 2/27/2010 I have a Compaq Presario PC: SR5214X. OS Name Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Compaq-Presario System Model GV441AA-ABA SR5214X System Type X86-based PC ...

Report Writer Dater Function
Hello: Does anyone know how to create a restriction in Report Writer to show the most recent date? I want to obtain the most recent date for the Apply to Document Date field in the body of my report. This field is in the Apply Open File (RM20201). Thanks. childofthe1980s ChildOfThe1980s, I would be more than glad to help if you could further explain what report in particular is this for, is it an aging? If so, would you like the most recent apply to date to display on a summary aging? Not sure I am following what you need. MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Busines...

Custom reports 06-13-05
How can I make custom reports in MS CRM? Thanks, M Where can I find Crystal reports? "Mikkhail" wrote: > How can I make custom reports in MS CRM? > Thanks, M "Mikkhail" <Mikkhail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22C1DD57-5461-4924-8CA9-55810497D2D8@microsoft.com... > Where can I find Crystal reports? You need to buy Crystal Reports Developer or Professional Edition v9.2.2. to make custom reports in Microsoft CRM > > "Mikkhail" wrote: > >> How can I make custom reports in MS CRM? >> Thanks, M you may ...

Reports based on groups
I am using access 2007 and need to create individual reports for a number of different client records so I can export them to email to the clients. The number and names of clients vary each month so I want to write either a macro or module or something such that it will automatically generate the reports each month. Thoughts? ...

Sort highest by name
I have 55 teams in A1 to A55. I have their scores in B1 to B55. Is there a way to list the scores (highest to lowest) but giving their team names instead of all the numbers in order of the highest to the lowest? Help Obe 1 Why don't you just sort this data by column B in descending order? Select the range starting from cell B1 then just click the sort descending button on the toolbar. If you don't want to sort the data then you could use a formula. Are there any tie scores? What type of values are the scores? Are they whole numbers? Decimals? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP &qu...

Check box question 04-23-07
I have a form with a check box used to indicate if a receipt is voided or not. What I'm trying to do is go to a new record after the checkbox is marked. I have the following code in place and it works. Kinda. The problem is that if I then go back and UNCHECK the check box, it sends me to a new record again. Here's the code: Private Sub Check43_AfterUpdate() If Ckeck43 = Yes Then DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec Thanks for any help! End Sub The following works fine for me. If Me.Check3 = True Then DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec so try If Ckeck43 = True Then DoCmd.GoToRecor...

List all row source for all forms, reports etc.
Hi I'm doing some work cleaning out old unused forms, reports and queries. I have been going through each report in a database (There are A LOT), determining its row source query, then marking it for deletion. I will eventually end up going through and deleting all the unused queries. As you can imagine this is time consuming, and I was thinkg 'there must be a FASTER way" Does anyone have a suggestion, or link to a pre-built function or model that could assist me? Regards Darragh On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:14:18 -0800 (PST), Darragh <darragh.murray@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi...

Custom Controls 10-16-04
Hi, I would like to create a custom control .ascx and I'd like to konow how can I put it on a standard CRM form (for example Accounts) Thanks in advance Zsolt There is not a supported way to do this on the standard forms themselves. The closest supported method wuld be to add a new Tab on the left of the page via teh ISV.Confi and have that display your control. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 01:19:06 -0700, Zsolt Z�mbik <zombikzs@titanium-consulting.net> wrote: Hi, I would ...

CRM Callout error (ComException) 02-03-04
I followed the example of Microsoft on how to create a Callout COM interface (found at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbscrm1_2/html/mbs_crmPostCalloutsv1d2.asp). But I keep getting the same error. System.Runtime.InteropSevices.ComException: The file name is too long. I used very short names so I don't understand where this error would come from. Anybody got any idea's or encountered this in the past? Regards, RBakkers ...

Aging report table for accounts receivable
Can somebody tell me what is the table for a/r aging..I want to make query/view in sql server 2005 Michael, You need to use RM20101 and RM10201 tables. You need to use date functions to get the aging for your view based on document date or due date field. If your aging is setup to be by Doc Date, Consider Doc Date and If it is due date, you should be taking it by Due Date. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote: > Can somebody tell me what is the table for a/r aging..I want to make > query/view in sql server 2005...

Importing Contacts 04-15-04
When trying to import contacts into CRM I get the following message. "Microsoft outlook could not be started. Verify that outlook is installed on this computer." I have Outlook 2003 installed and also have installed the CRM Sales for Outlook ...

Customizing the Report
Hi, I want to modify the Leads report-Lead List. Where can I find the .RPT file for this report.Can any one help me on this. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Raju Launch Crystal, Go to Enterprise Folders, Under the MSCRM 1.2 folder locate the directory similar tothe categories found on the CRM reports page >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > > I want to modify the Leads report-Lead List. >Where can I find the .RPT file for this report.Can any one help me on this. > >Thanks in Advance. > >Regards, >Raju > > >. > ...

BACKING UP ACCESS DATABASE 10-31-07
I'd like to backup my Access database automatically (no user intervention needed) to an external drive. Does Access allow such a backup while the database is "open" ? If I have to log out of Access, it defeats my purpose of wanting to do the backup without user intervention. There appear to be a number of drives and SW available to do the backup, but the question is whether Access will allow it. Basically I'd like to backup to the external drive every time a record is changed. I'm worried about losing my database if the PC crashes. If your database is that mission...

Web report
We are looking into an option of displaying report online. What technology or tools to be an option? - Our backend database will be MySQL. - I think we will use C#. - Need to be able to be converted to PDF file for download as a choice by user - Is Crystal Report the best option? Thanks "Alan T" <alan_NO_SPAM_pltse@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:upnKCPlvKHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > - Is Crystal Report the best option? Best is entirely subjective and almost impossible to quantify. How complex are the reports? Do you need drilldown? P...

Modified Report Not Printing Properly
GP 8.0, SQL We have two sites, each with its own vendors. We modified PO Blank Form so that it prints the correct site address in the ship to box. It works fine for one vendor, and prints the appropriate Site Address. However, for another vendor the Ship To is always blank. I cannot figure out why. I do not see any difference in how the vendors are set up. Any ideas for where I should look to resolve this problem? Thanks, Jason ...

(OT sort of) Software for Journal or Diary
I would like to know of software that does a good job of letting me make bulleted (sometimes detailed) notes of things I did during the day. These will be reminders for my personal annual productivity reports, which I must complete for the job. * if it is calendar-based or -formatted, that would be nice * if the software is freeware, that would be useful * if the software is exportable to other formats, or has widely importable format, that would be useful (what if I use it in Linux, for example?) * I am wondering if also there is an online solution (ultimately "...

Please help 03-04-10
I have a question about how to update an audit date field for third party timecards. I did have a question about updating an audit date field tied to one combo box yesterday and was able to get a workable solution with a Select Case statement relatively quickly. However, today I need to update an audit date field to the current date based upon properties or values entered in several controls. For instance if the hours in our system match the hours on our a third party providers time card I have a check box indicating "Hours Match." If Hours Match is checked I want...

2007 Report Toolbars
I have a 2003 program that all forms and reports open to a full screen. I now have that program in 2007. It took a while but I figured out how to get the reports to open to a full screen. However, I can't get my custom toolbars to display with the reports. The functionality of the toolbar comes by way of a macro group. I set the Border Style to "Sizable," the Control Box to "Yes," and the Close Button to "Yes." I can use the On Close Event to perform a function, like returning to the form that opened it. I use the toolbars to offer the user se...