Report Parameters

I have a report that promts 3 times asking for dates like:  Enter "Start
Date" to "End Date" for different types of dates.   Therefore in all it will
prompt the user 6 times.  I would like to narrow the prompts to at least 3 if
possible by somehow just prompting once for each instance and getting the
Start Date to End Date in one prompt.  How do I do this?  Can someone please
help with this.  Thank you in advance for any help.

You should not have to have any prompts.  If you run the report from a form,
add controls for each of the dates.  Then use the Where argument of the
OpenReport method to filter the records based on the dates.  The Where
argument is just like an SQL Where clause.  Take the filtering out of your
query.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"TotallyConfused" wrote:

> I have a report that promts 3 times asking for dates like:  Enter "Start
> Date" to "End Date" for different types of dates.   Therefore in all it will
> prompt the user 6 times.  I would like to narrow the prompts to at least 3 if
> possible by somehow just prompting once for each instance and getting the
> Start Date to End Date in one prompt.  How do I do this?  Can someone please
> help with this.  Thank you in advance for any help.
Thank you for responding.  I am sorry for not being more specific.

This is my situation.  I have one main report and several sub reports.  This
particular sub report is the one with dates that need to be entered before
printing.  Therefore, on my report depending on specific provider when I
click on command button it calls the main report within the main report there
are different subreports.  It is in one of the subreports where I need to
promt for dates?  How do I do this.  Can you provide sample?  Thank you again.

"Klatuu" wrote:

> You should not have to have any prompts.  If you run the report from a form,
> add controls for each of the dates.  Then use the Where argument of the
> OpenReport method to filter the records based on the dates.  The Where
> argument is just like an SQL Where clause.  Take the filtering out of your
> query.
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "TotallyConfused" wrote:
>
> > I have a report that promts 3 times asking for dates like:  Enter "Start
> > Date" to "End Date" for different types of dates.   Therefore in all it will
> > prompt the user 6 times.  I would like to narrow the prompts to at least 3 if
> > possible by somehow just prompting once for each instance and getting the
> > Start Date to End Date in one prompt.  How do I do this?  Can someone please
> > help with this.  Thank you in advance for any help.
In that case, you can have a query for the recordsource of the subreport that
filters based on the values of the text fields on the report:

SELECT Feild1, Field2, Field3 FROM MyTable WHERE Field3 Between
Forms!MForm!txtStartDate AND txtEndDate;
--

"TotallyConfused" wrote:

> Thank you for responding.  I am sorry for not being more specific.
>
> This is my situation.  I have one main report and several sub reports.  This
> particular sub report is the one with dates that need to be entered before
> printing.  Therefore, on my report depending on specific provider when I
> click on command button it calls the main report within the main report there
> are different subreports.  It is in one of the subreports where I need to
> promt for dates?  How do I do this.  Can you provide sample?  Thank you again.
>

> "Klatuu" wrote:
>
> > You should not have to have any prompts.  If you run the report from a form,
> > add controls for each of the dates.  Then use the Where argument of the
> > OpenReport method to filter the records based on the dates.  The Where
> > argument is just like an SQL Where clause.  Take the filtering out of your
> > query.
> > --
> > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "TotallyConfused" wrote:
> >
> > > I have a report that promts 3 times asking for dates like:  Enter "Start
> > > Date" to "End Date" for different types of dates.   Therefore in all it will
> > > prompt the user 6 times.  I would like to narrow the prompts to at least 3 if
> > > possible by somehow just prompting once for each instance and getting the
> > > Start Date to End Date in one prompt.  How do I do this?  Can someone please
> > > help with this.  Thank you in advance for any help.
I do have a query for the recordsource of my report which pull all types of
this report.  However, These dates that I enter are not dates that I need to
store in my database.  They are needed only when calling report in order to
print report with these dates.  So where would I put the info you provided?
Thank you

"Klatuu" wrote:

> In that case, you can have a query for the recordsource of the subreport that
> filters based on the values of the text fields on the report:
>
> SELECT Feild1, Field2, Field3 FROM MyTable WHERE Field3 Between
> Forms!MForm!txtStartDate AND txtEndDate;
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "TotallyConfused" wrote:
>
> > Thank you for responding.  I am sorry for not being more specific.
> >
> > This is my situation.  I have one main report and several sub reports.  This
> > particular sub report is the one with dates that need to be entered before
> > printing.  Therefore, on my report depending on specific provider when I
> > click on command button it calls the main report within the main report there
> > are different subreports.  It is in one of the subreports where I need to
> > promt for dates?  How do I do this.  Can you provide sample?  Thank you again.
> >

> > "Klatuu" wrote:
> >
> > > You should not have to have any prompts.  If you run the report from a form,
> > > add controls for each of the dates.  Then use the Where argument of the
> > > OpenReport method to filter the records based on the dates.  The Where
> > > argument is just like an SQL Where clause.  Take the filtering out of your
> > > query.
> > > --
> > > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

I meant the record source of the subreport.
Put text boxes on your form to enter the dates and reference the text boxes
in the query

SELECT Feild1, Field2, Field3 FROM MyTable WHERE Field3 Between
Forms!MyForm!txtStartDate AND Forms!MyForm!txtEndDate;

Note I corrected my syntax from the previous post.
--

"TotallyConfused" wrote:

> I do have a query for the recordsource of my report which pull all types of
> this report.  However, These dates that I enter are not dates that I need to
> store in my database.  They are needed only when calling report in order to
> print report with these dates.  So where would I put the info you provided?
> Thank you
>
> "Klatuu" wrote:
>
> > In that case, you can have a query for the recordsource of the subreport that
> > filters based on the values of the text fields on the report:
> >
> > SELECT Feild1, Field2, Field3 FROM MyTable WHERE Field3 Between
> > Forms!MForm!txtStartDate AND txtEndDate;
> > --
> > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "TotallyConfused" wrote:
> >
> > > Thank you for responding.  I am sorry for not being more specific.
> > >
> > > This is my situation.  I have one main report and several sub reports.  This
> > > particular sub report is the one with dates that need to be entered before
> > > printing.  Therefore, on my report depending on specific provider when I
> > > click on command button it calls the main report within the main report there
> > > are different subreports.  It is in one of the subreports where I need to
> > > promt for dates?  How do I do this.  Can you provide sample?  Thank you again.

Is there another way to do this without having to put text boxes on my form?
My main form has a subform.  Main form consists of doctor info.  Subform
lists pts assoc with doc.  When I call the main report from main form it
generates the sub reports of pt info.  There can be 1 to 6 different
subreports assoc with any one doc.  There can be several instances of one
particular sub report that need start and end dates specific to the pts.  ex:
 Rpt 1, Rpt 2, Rpt 3 - Rpt 2 could be called twice with 2 different pts.
Need report to prompt twice.   So is there any other way to do this?  Thank
you - your help is very much appreciated as I am not proficient in Access or
code.

"Klatuu" wrote:

> I meant the record source of the subreport.
> Put text boxes on your form to enter the dates and reference the text boxes
> in the query
>
> SELECT Feild1, Field2, Field3 FROM MyTable WHERE Field3 Between
> Forms!MyForm!txtStartDate AND Forms!MyForm!txtEndDate;
>
> Note I corrected my syntax from the previous post.
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "TotallyConfused" wrote:
>
> > I do have a query for the recordsource of my report which pull all types of
> > this report.  However, These dates that I enter are not dates that I need to
> > store in my database.  They are needed only when calling report in order to
> > print report with these dates.  So where would I put the info you provided?
> > Thank you
> >
> > "Klatuu" wrote:
> >
> > > In that case, you can have a query for the recordsource of the subreport that
> > > filters based on the values of the text fields on the report:
> > >
> > > SELECT Feild1, Field2, Field3 FROM MyTable WHERE Field3 Between
> > > Forms!MForm!txtStartDate AND txtEndDate;
> > > --
> > > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

If there are multiple subreports that need the dates, then each will have to
prompt for the dates.  I know of no other way to do this for multiple sub
reports.
If only one subreport needs dates, then you can cause it to prompt for the
dates like this:
SELECT Feild1, Field2, Field3 FROM MyTable WHERE Field3 Between
[Enter StartDate] AND [Enter EndDate];

When the query runs, it will pop up an input box with Enter Start Date and
another for EndDate, but since each subreport has it's own query, each query
will have to get the date.  If you use the dates on the form as I suggested,
there will be no prompts.

--

"TotallyConfused" wrote:

> Is there another way to do this without having to put text boxes on my form?
> My main form has a subform.  Main form consists of doctor info.  Subform
> lists pts assoc with doc.  When I call the main report from main form it
> generates the sub reports of pt info.  There can be 1 to 6 different
> subreports assoc with any one doc.  There can be several instances of one
> particular sub report that need start and end dates specific to the pts.  ex:
>  Rpt 1, Rpt 2, Rpt 3 - Rpt 2 could be called twice with 2 different pts.
> Need report to prompt twice.   So is there any other way to do this?  Thank
> you - your help is very much appreciated as I am not proficient in Access or
> code.
>
> "Klatuu" wrote:
>
> > I meant the record source of the subreport.
> > Put text boxes on your form to enter the dates and reference the text boxes
> > in the query
> >
> > SELECT Feild1, Field2, Field3 FROM MyTable WHERE Field3 Between
> > Forms!MyForm!txtStartDate AND Forms!MyForm!txtEndDate;
> >
> > Note I corrected my syntax from the previous post.
> > --
> > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "TotallyConfused" wrote:
> >
> > > I do have a query for the recordsource of my report which pull all types of
> > > this report.  However, These dates that I enter are not dates that I need to
> > > store in my database.  They are needed only when calling report in order to
> > > print report with these dates.  So where would I put the info you provided?
> > > Thank you

Okay I have opted not to have the textboxes in my main form.  Instead have
report prompt for each pt.  I was also able to narrow the date paramenters
into only one date for each set of dates.  However, when the report opens it
prompts me for dates which is fine.  But when I sent to print it prompts me
again.  Is there a way to eliminate the second prompt?  Thank you.

"Klatuu" wrote:

> If there are multiple subreports that need the dates, then each will have to
> prompt for the dates.  I know of no other way to do this for multiple sub
> reports.
> If only one subreport needs dates, then you can cause it to prompt for the
> dates like this:
> SELECT Feild1, Field2, Field3 FROM MyTable WHERE Field3 Between
> [Enter StartDate] AND [Enter EndDate];
>
> When the query runs, it will pop up an input box with Enter Start Date and
> another for EndDate, but since each subreport has it's own query, each query
> will have to get the date.  If you use the dates on the form as I suggested,
> there will be no prompts.
>
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "TotallyConfused" wrote:
>
> > Is there another way to do this without having to put text boxes on my form?
> > My main form has a subform.  Main form consists of doctor info.  Subform
> > lists pts assoc with doc.  When I call the main report from main form it
> > generates the sub reports of pt info.  There can be 1 to 6 different
> > subreports assoc with any one doc.  There can be several instances of one
> > particular sub report that need start and end dates specific to the pts.  ex:
> >  Rpt 1, Rpt 2, Rpt 3 - Rpt 2 could be called twice with 2 different pts.
> > Need report to prompt twice.   So is there any other way to do this?  Thank
> > you - your help is very much appreciated as I am not proficient in Access or
> > code.
> >
> > "Klatuu" wrote:
> >
> > > I meant the record source of the subreport.
> > > Put text boxes on your form to enter the dates and reference the text boxes
> > > in the query
> > >
> > > SELECT Feild1, Field2, Field3 FROM MyTable WHERE Field3 Between
> > > Forms!MyForm!txtStartDate AND Forms!MyForm!txtEndDate;
> > >
> > > Note I corrected my syntax from the previous post.
> > > --
> > > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

No.  When you select preview, it runs the report which causes the prompt.
Then when you print it, it actually runs the report again which causes the
second prompt. Your choices are live with the multiple prompts or use the
text boxes.
--

"TotallyConfused" wrote:

> Okay I have opted not to have the textboxes in my main form.  Instead have
> report prompt for each pt.  I was also able to narrow the date paramenters
> into only one date for each set of dates.  However, when the report opens it
> prompts me for dates which is fine.  But when I sent to print it prompts me
> again.  Is there a way to eliminate the second prompt?  Thank you.
>
> "Klatuu" wrote:
>
> > If there are multiple subreports that need the dates, then each will have to
> > prompt for the dates.  I know of no other way to do this for multiple sub
> > reports.
> > If only one subreport needs dates, then you can cause it to prompt for the
> > dates like this:
> > SELECT Feild1, Field2, Field3 FROM MyTable WHERE Field3 Between
> > [Enter StartDate] AND [Enter EndDate];
> >
> > When the query runs, it will pop up an input box with Enter Start Date and
> > another for EndDate, but since each subreport has it's own query, each query
> > will have to get the date.  If you use the dates on the form as I suggested,
> > there will be no prompts.
> >
> > --
> > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "TotallyConfused" wrote:
> >
> > > Is there another way to do this without having to put text boxes on my form?
> > > My main form has a subform.  Main form consists of doctor info.  Subform
> > > lists pts assoc with doc.  When I call the main report from main form it
> > > generates the sub reports of pt info.  There can be 1 to 6 different
> > > subreports assoc with any one doc.  There can be several instances of one
> > > particular sub report that need start and end dates specific to the pts.  ex:
> > >  Rpt 1, Rpt 2, Rpt 3 - Rpt 2 could be called twice with 2 different pts.
> > > Need report to prompt twice.   So is there any other way to do this?  Thank
> > > you - your help is very much appreciated as I am not proficient in Access or
> > > code.

Alrighteeeee then, I have no choice but to use text boxes.  Do these text
boxes have to be on the main form or can they be on the subform where the pt
is listed?

"Klatuu" wrote:

> No.  When you select preview, it runs the report which causes the prompt.
> Then when you print it, it actually runs the report again which causes the
> second prompt. Your choices are live with the multiple prompts or use the
> text boxes.
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "TotallyConfused" wrote:
>
> > Okay I have opted not to have the textboxes in my main form.  Instead have
> > report prompt for each pt.  I was also able to narrow the date paramenters
> > into only one date for each set of dates.  However, when the report opens it
> > prompts me for dates which is fine.  But when I sent to print it prompts me
> > again.  Is there a way to eliminate the second prompt?  Thank you.
> >
> > "Klatuu" wrote:
> >
> > > If there are multiple subreports that need the dates, then each will have to
> > > prompt for the dates.  I know of no other way to do this for multiple sub
> > > reports.
> > > If only one subreport needs dates, then you can cause it to prompt for the
> > > dates like this:
> > > SELECT Feild1, Field2, Field3 FROM MyTable WHERE Field3 Between
> > > [Enter StartDate] AND [Enter EndDate];
> > >
> > > When the query runs, it will pop up an input box with Enter Start Date and
> > > another for EndDate, but since each subreport has it's own query, each query
> > > will have to get the date.  If you use the dates on the form as I suggested,
> > > there will be no prompts.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

It depends on what kind of form your subform is. If it is a single view form,
yes, for a datasheet or continuous form, no.

--

"TotallyConfused" wrote:

> Alrighteeeee then, I have no choice but to use text boxes.  Do these text
> boxes have to be on the main form or can they be on the subform where the pt
> is listed?
>
> "Klatuu" wrote:
>
> > No.  When you select preview, it runs the report which causes the prompt.
> > Then when you print it, it actually runs the report again which causes the
> > second prompt. Your choices are live with the multiple prompts or use the
> > text boxes.
> > --
> > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "TotallyConfused" wrote:
> >
> > > Okay I have opted not to have the textboxes in my main form.  Instead have
> > > report prompt for each pt.  I was also able to narrow the date paramenters
> > > into only one date for each set of dates.  However, when the report opens it
> > > prompts me for dates which is fine.  But when I sent to print it prompts me
> > > again.  Is there a way to eliminate the second prompt?  Thank you.

Okay so that won't work.   Will it work if instead of clicking to call
reports call a form for entering the dates and then calling reports.  I would
have to create another form.  Will that work?  Will the same syntax apply?
Thank you.

"Klatuu" wrote:

> It depends on what kind of form your subform is. If it is a single view form,
> yes, for a datasheet or continuous form, no.
>
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "TotallyConfused" wrote:
>
> > Alrighteeeee then, I have no choice but to use text boxes.  Do these text
> > boxes have to be on the main form or can they be on the subform where the pt
> > is listed?
> >
> > "Klatuu" wrote:
> >
> > > No.  When you select preview, it runs the report which causes the prompt.
> > > Then when you print it, it actually runs the report again which causes the
> > > second prompt. Your choices are live with the multiple prompts or use the
> > > text boxes.
> > > --
> > > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

Yes, in fact, I considered suggesting that, but I did not know if you wanted
to go to the extra effort.  That is how I would do it.
--

"TotallyConfused" wrote:

> Okay so that won't work.   Will it work if instead of clicking to call
> reports call a form for entering the dates and then calling reports.  I would
> have to create another form.  Will that work?  Will the same syntax apply?
> Thank you.
>
> "Klatuu" wrote:
>
> > It depends on what kind of form your subform is. If it is a single view form,
> > yes, for a datasheet or continuous form, no.
> >
> > --
> > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "TotallyConfused" wrote:
> >
> > > Alrighteeeee then, I have no choice but to use text boxes.  Do these text
> > > boxes have to be on the main form or can they be on the subform where the pt
> > > is listed?

So glad you responded!  Okay so instead of clicking on my button on the main
to call reports I would click on a button to call the dates entry form, enter
the dates for the specific reports and then call reports.  I will work on
this and if I get stuck I will post again.  Thank you very much for all your
help.

Sounds like a good plan.
--

"TotallyConfused" wrote:

> So glad you responded!  Okay so instead of clicking on my button on the main
> to call reports I would click on a button to call the dates entry form, enter
> the dates for the specific reports and then call reports.  I will work on
> this and if I get stuck I will post again.  Thank you very much for all your
> help.
>
> "Klatuu" wrote:
>
> > Yes, in fact, I considered suggesting that, but I did not know if you wanted
> > to go to the extra effort.  That is how I would do it.
> > --
> > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> >

> > "TotallyConfused" wrote:
> >
> > > Okay so that won't work.   Will it work if instead of clicking to call
> > > reports call a form for entering the dates and then calling reports.  I would
> > > have to create another form.  Will that work?  Will the same syntax apply?
> > > Thank you.

Need more Reports

Sales Report #3

W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

Blank networth reports

eXtender SOP Reports

Reports are not being shown MM07

Saving Reports

small business reports ...

Reporting Error ==> very urgent

Loan Accounts in Reports
Bugs are in reports, the loan that I pay to my car is divided in 2, principal and interest, but in reports I can't show the two at same time, the reports show only the interest that I'm paying. The budget have the same problem with loans, it shows values that don't exists, I start a new budget, put all the values correctly and finalize it, when I go to budget home there are values that I not put there. There is some fix to those bugs? ...

Report writer
Hello, I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls advise as I can add the fields containing the data but the data is not appearing on the report. Thanks your comments are appreciated. -- chj@jup Once you were done modifying the report, did you give access to the mdoified report under Security? -- Lyle U chj wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy > of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls > advise as I c...

Monthly reports in Money 2004 Standard
Is there a way to customize the categories used to compose the Monthly Reports? I would like to omit my business travel and living expenses from these reports, as they are fully reimbursed, and have nothing to do with my household finances. Can this be done in 2004? If not, has this feature been rolled into newer versions? Monthly reports are not customizable in any version of Money that is in the wild. "bob2246" <bob2246@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3493CA51-596F-4D59-9540-F2D79EA5A618@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize the categor...

Reprinting/Reporting Past Z Reports
Hi all ~ Just wondering how to pull up a past Z report? Which database table(s) are used? Is there a sql for this so that I can pull up a week or months Z reports in a sql query? Thanks Jerry Jerry, In POS, F4, Batch button, find and double click on the batch you want, page down to the z-out, print. In Manager, Journal, View, find and double click on the batch you want, page down to the zout, print. -- * "Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message news:3ac97809.0410011320.1b034dd9@posting.google.com... Hi all ~ Just wondering how to pull up a past Z rep...

Reporting Services has no reports
I cannot see any reports in CRM. We're running SBS 2003 Premium R2 with CRM 3.0 running on this server. The SQL databases and reporting services are installed on a separate 2005 SQL cluster. I've checked that reporting services is running on the cluster. http://<sqlcluster>/reports brings up the SQL Reporting Services and a folder entitled "CompanyName MSCRM" which is empty. How do I determine the physical location of this folder? I've checked in deployment manager on the SBS and CRM Reporting Services is pointing to "http://sqlcluster/reportserver". Is...

Displaying Filter Criteria In Report Header?
I have one report layout "rptStandard" that when it is opened I would like to display the filter criteria in the header. Is there a way to do this? You can put this into the ControlSource of a text box: =[Report].[Filter] Trouble is, sometimes the Filter property contains an artifact from a previous filter, even though the filter is not applied. On a form you could sort this out by testing the FilterOn property, but Access doesn't maintain this property reliably for reports. A better solution is to pass the filter to the report in its OpenArgs (or use a public string...

reports smart list
Smartlist employee payroll report shows a column for citizen: answered "yes or no". All of my Employees have no under their name. When I enter a new employee, I don't find anywhere where it asks about citizenship. Would this information be found in set-up or w-2 records? This information is from teh Human resources module and can be found by going to: Cards >> Payroll >> Employee >> Human Resources button -or- Cards >> Human Resources >> Employee >> Employee >> Human Resources button Fliehigh "Pamela" wrote: > Smar...

Make a report to count how many records with the Report Wizard
I pass few hours triyng to figure it out how to make a simple report with the Report wizard in the CRM online. Here is the need. I have a field in Lead call Market. I like to know how many lead I've got by Market. That is it. I've try grouping and count on grouping. I can't have a summary. All the line come in my report. My DB contain more than 10 000 records. So I'cant make an Excel report. Do you have any idea how to make it? Please not that we are on CRM Online Thanks On Feb 3, 11:07=A0am, wesmike <wesm...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I pass few hour...

Sales Targets Reports
I filled in the CRM Targets. How do i make a report to check the target against the pipeline? ...

Report Writer #13
I am trying to modify a report writer on GP9. I was trying to change some fields on the invoice report....basically the fields are showing the ID's instead of the descriptions. For example, the salesperson's id is displayed on the report instead of his/her name. Do you know a quick way to include the name on the report? Thanks,. Try linking the master file with your report and then drag the name/description field into the place where the ID is now. The description field is going to be longer than the ID field so you may need to adjust the layout to prevent truncation. Whi...

Report Help
I'm trying to get a report together that will show the total of the transaction and how many items where bought if the transaction contains a certain UPC. In our example, we want to know what the customer spent and bought if they used particular coupons last week. I've come up with some, but the detailed reports in manager don't really allow me to see the total sales of the entire transaction. And it causes double reporting if the customer used two different coupons in the same transaction. Does this make sense? Surely someone has wanted to see this informati...