Report not displaying correctly on a different computer

Hi

Not sure what is causing this. I have a quite complex report in Access 2007
that necessitates 53 columns, all next to each other; and with 53 fields in
the header showing the date 'vertically' in dd-mmm format.

On my Desktop and my Laptop they work fine - the Preview and Print options
all show the date clearly. I transferred the DB to a user's laptop - (they've
been using an earlier version in 97 and 2003 format for 9 years or so) and
the date just shows as #### in everyone of the 53 fields.

Thought at first that it was the vertical aspect of the field that was
throwing it out, but this is not the case; there is a Sum field in the footer
that also displays vertically, and this displays fine on my user's laptop.

Any help would be much appreciated.

--
Bob Mozley

pwdpwd

pwdpwd via AccessMonster.com wrote:
>Not sure what is causing this. I have a quite complex report in Access 2007
>that necessitates 53 columns, all next to each other; and with 53 fields in
>the header showing the date 'vertically' in dd-mmm format.
>
>On my Desktop and my Laptop they work fine - the Preview and Print options
>all show the date clearly. I transferred the DB to a user's laptop - (they've
>been using an earlier version in 97 and 2003 format for 9 years or so) and
>the date just shows as #### in everyone of the 53 fields.
>
>Thought at first that it was the vertical aspect of the field that was
>throwing it out, but this is not the case; there is a Sum field in the footer
>that also displays vertically, and this displays fine on my user's laptop.

The #### means that the text box is not big enough to
display the date in the specified format.

If a user does not have the same font you are using, Windows
will try to use a "similar" font that may not fit.
Different printer drivers may display the same thing
slightly differently so that could be another reason why it
doesn't fit.  It is almost always sufficient to just make
the trext box a little bigger.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"pwdpwd via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Not sure what is causing this. I have a quite complex report in Access 2007
> that necessitates 53 columns, all next to each other; and with 53 fields in
> the header showing the date 'vertically' in dd-mmm format.
>
> On my Desktop and my Laptop they work fine - the Preview and Print options
> all show the date clearly. I transferred the DB to a user's laptop - (they've
> been using an earlier version in 97 and 2003 format for 9 years or so) and
> the date just shows as #### in everyone of the 53 fields.
>
> Thought at first that it was the vertical aspect of the field that was
> throwing it out, but this is not the case; there is a Sum field in the footer
> that also displays vertically, and this displays fine on my user's laptop.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> --
> Bob Mozley

> .

Hi - thanks for this - I'll try changing the size of the font and the control
and see if that sorts it

Duane Hookom wrote:
>Have you tried changing the format or size of the controls?
>
>> Hi
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 12 lines]
>>
>> Any help would be much appreciated.

--
Bob Mozley

pwdpwd

Need more Reports

W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

Text from table won't display
Hi everyone, thanks for being so helpful. I'm working on a report and included is a text box whose control source is from the table I've queried. The actual data from the table isn't showing up on the report when I open it, though. And it's only this text field. Other text fields work fine and my date fields also show up fine. I've made sure that I included this column in the query, but nothing I do makes the data appear. Please help. Set the control's border to red, do you see this in preview? What section of the report contains the control? -- Duane Hookom Micro...

Sales Report #3

find text, display text
I want to find text within a cell and, if found, display a text message of my choosing. For instance, if A1 has the txt "Special Price", then I want B1 to say, "Special." If it says "Regular Price", I want B1 to say "Reg." Thanks! Hi you may have a look at VLOOKUP (together with a lookup table). See: http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "shaun" <shaun@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:F55C22DF-F71D-4261-A4D8-91DA409F4989@microsoft.com... > I want to find tex...

Computer name on start up
I sold my Windows XP computer and the buyer called to tell me that my name shows as the computer name on start up. How can she get my name out and use her name in the computer. Thanks. Karen F wrote: > I sold my Windows XP computer and the buyer called to tell me that my > name shows as the computer name on start up. How can she get my name > out and use her name in the computer. Thanks. What *you* should have done, before selling the computer, to protect your personal information and data from any future users of average skills, you should have, at t...

Excel 2007 error "some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a different chart types"
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C75210.F27A6390 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have installed Excel 2007, and I can't create any chart, the message=20 "Some chart types cannot be combined with other chart types. Select a = different chart types" keeps poping up, are there any settings that i have miss out? thank you regards kh ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C75210.F27A6390 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quo...

Blank networth reports

eXtender SOP Reports

How to get different windows for Excel spreadsheets
This is hard to explain ... when I first got this computer (Windows 2000, Office/Excel 2000) it came with this setting: If I had two spreadsheet files open at one time, there were two different Excel logos in the Taskbar. For a couple of reasons I didn't like it. It took me a long time how to figure how to get rid of it, and I finally did. Now I want it back. The reason is, I have two monitors and want to be able to make each spreadsheet full size in each monitor. It works fine in Word, but I can't remember how I switched it back on there. Thanks. -- Steve M - unspam@houston.r...

Reports are not being shown MM07

display in picture box.
hi, I wanted you to share your time for my project work. I have an array of data(avi video stream).I want it to be displayed as an image in a picture box.I read frame by frame data and have it as an array.To what type of image should I convert the data and display each frame and look like a movie.I want this to be done as an event of mouse click.So what shall i do.Where would i get the source code for the above problem.I also want to display the frames of other type of video files.I dont know any information about other video files.what are the other video format files that can be don...

I need 19:00
My sheet shows tool down times for a works project A1 = 19:00 (in time format) B1 = 7:00 (in time format) C1 = =B1-A1 which displays ############# How do i minus time after 00:00 0:00 If i take 19:00(B1) from 19:01(C1) it gives me the correct answer of 0:01, its just with numbers after 00:00. The WinXL default 1900 date system can't show negative times (times are stored as fractional days, so 19:00 = 0.791666667). The (Mac default) 1904 date system (Tools/Options/Calculation, check the 1904 date system checkbox) can, but the result would be -12:00 One solution would be to add 1 ...

Saving Reports

Insert row, table to table
Hi, As I cannot use INSERT INTO with values specified to WHERE. I have created an interim temporary table where the record contains two text strings.Now I want to be able to take those text strings and append to the correct table where the record is set by an ID number. First_Name = Fred Last_Name = Jones Its a new contact so it is too be added to a customer with an ID = 1375 Now I can't use the following sql statement strsql = "INSERT INTO [tblCUSTCONTACTS] ( [FIRST_NAME], [LAST_NAME] ) " _ & " VALUES (""" & strFirst & "&...

small business reports ...

Reporting Error ==> very urgent

Copy range C5:Lastrow and paste to two different worksheets
Good morning I cannot seem to find a solution to this, and hope someone might be able to help me. I have three worksheets: Ratios, Trades, Trades2 I am trying to find a vba method to select the Range C5:(the last row used in columnC) on the Ratios sheet, and copy and paste this range to Cells F11->down on the Trades and Trades2 Sheets. Please could someone provide a suggestion for this. I really do appreciate the help Regards, Paul Darn it, always pleasing when I manage to solve my own problem - but always concerned I may have wasted someones time by posti...

Report writer
Hello, I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls advise as I can add the fields containing the data but the data is not appearing on the report. Thanks your comments are appreciated. -- chj@jup Once you were done modifying the report, did you give access to the mdoified report under Security? -- Lyle U chj wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy > of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls > advise as I c...

Loan Accounts in Reports
Bugs are in reports, the loan that I pay to my car is divided in 2, principal and interest, but in reports I can't show the two at same time, the reports show only the interest that I'm paying. The budget have the same problem with loans, it shows values that don't exists, I start a new budget, put all the values correctly and finalize it, when I go to budget home there are values that I not put there. There is some fix to those bugs? ...