Report made of a query cross table

Hi everyone
It must be very simple for you guys but i can't find it: How to make a
report, made of a query cross table, but only show records that the total of
all months are diferent than zero (0). Negative and positive values.
That report sums the sales for each person, each months and i want to know
who sell and who's not selling.
Tks in advance
Pedro

Post the SQL of your cross tab query.

It is possible that all you have to do is add a having clause to it.
Generically that might look something like:

TRANSFORM Sum(SomeValue) as MonthlySum
SELECT Person
FROM SomeTable
GROUP BY Person
HAVING SUM(SomeValue) <> 0
PIVOT SomeMonthField

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

Pedro wrote:
> Hi everyone
> It must be very simple for you guys but i can't find it: How to make a
> report, made of a query cross table, but only show records that the total of
> all months are diferent than zero (0). Negative and positive values.
> That report sums the sales for each person, each months and i want to know
> who sell and who's not selling.
> Tks in advance
> Pedro
0
John
6/2/2010 12:48:37 PM
Hi John and many thanks for your answer, although i didn't understand much
what i have to do...
Here goes my SQL and i hope it helps and your answer can help me.

TRANSFORM Sum([Qry Base].CUSTO) AS SomaDeCUSTO
SELECT [Qry Base].TELEFONE, [Qry Base].CONTA, [Qry Base].[Dt Adesão], [Qry
Base].Pacote, [Qry Base].Status, [Qry Base].Protocolo, [Qry Base].Rede, [Qry
Base].[N Emp/Ag], [Qry Base].Nome, [Qry Base].[Ext VPN], [Qry Base].NIF, [Qry
Base].[Nº conta], [Qry Base].[Dt envio Processo], [Qry Base].[SIM], [Qry
Base].[Dt Conclusão], [Qry Base].Observações, [Qry Base].Utilizador, [Qry
Base].DETALHE, Sum([Qry Base].CUSTO) AS [Total de CUSTO]
FROM [Qry Base]
GROUP BY [Qry Base].TELEFONE, [Qry Base].CONTA, [Qry Base].[Dt Adesão], [Qry
Base].Pacote, [Qry Base].Status, [Qry Base].Protocolo, [Qry Base].Rede, [Qry
Base].[N Emp/Ag], [Qry Base].Nome, [Qry Base].[Ext VPN], [Qry Base].NIF, [Qry
Base].[Nº conta], [Qry Base].[Dt envio Processo], [Qry Base].[SIM], [Qry
Base].[Dt Conclusão], [Qry Base].Observações, [Qry Base].Utilizador, [Qry
Base].DETALHE
PIVOT Format([Periodo],"mmm") In
("Jan","Fev","Mar","Abr","Mai","Jun","Jul","Ago","Set","Out","Nov","Dez");

Tks again
Pedro

"John Spencer" wrote:

> Post the SQL of your cross tab query.
>
> It is possible that all you have to do is add a having clause to it.
> Generically that might look something like:
>
> TRANSFORM Sum(SomeValue) as MonthlySum
> SELECT Person
> FROM SomeTable
> GROUP BY Person
> HAVING SUM(SomeValue) <> 0
> PIVOT SomeMonthField
>
> John Spencer
> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
> The Hilltop Institute
> University of Maryland Baltimore County
>
> Pedro wrote:
> > Hi everyone
> > It must be very simple for you guys but i can't find it: How to make a
> > report, made of a query cross table, but only show records that the total of
> > all months are diferent than zero (0). Negative and positive values.
> > That report sums the sales for each person, each months and i want to know
> > who sell and who's not selling.
> > Tks in advance
> > Pedro
> .

TRANSFORM Sum([Qry Base].CUSTO) AS SomaDeCUSTO
SELECT [Qry Base].TELEFONE, [Qry Base].CONTA, [Qry Base].[Dt Adesão]
, [Qry Base].Pacote, [Qry Base].Status, [Qry Base].Protocolo, [Qry Base].Rede
, [Qry Base].[N Emp/Ag], [Qry Base].Nome, [Qry Base].[Ext VPN], [Qry Base].NIF
, [Qry Base].[Nº conta], [Qry Base].[Dt envio Processo], [Qry Base].[SIM]
, [Qry Base].[Dt Conclusão], [Qry Base].Observações, [Qry Base].Utilizador
, [Qry Base].DETALHE, Sum([Qry Base].CUSTO) AS [Total de CUSTO]
FROM [Qry Base]
GROUP BY [Qry Base].TELEFONE, [Qry Base].CONTA, [Qry Base].[Dt Adesão]
, [Qry Base].Pacote, [Qry Base].Status
, [Qry Base].Protocolo, [Qry Base].Rede
, [Qry Base].[N Emp/Ag], [Qry Base].Nome, [Qry Base].[Ext VPN]
, [Qry Base].NIF, [Qry Base].[Nº conta], [Qry Base].[Dt envio Processo]
, [Qry Base].[SIM], [Qry Base].[Dt Conclusão], [Qry Base].Observações
, [Qry Base].Utilizador, [Qry Base].DETALHE

HAVING Sum([Qry Base].CUSTO) <> 0

PIVOT Format([Periodo],"mmm") In
("Jan","Fev","Mar","Abr","Mai","Jun","Jul","Ago","Set","Out","Nov","Dez");

If you have some values show up that should be zero try changing that
additional line to account for small arithmetic errors that can happen when
summing numbers with fractional portions.

HAVING Sum([Qry Base].CUSTO) > 0.00000001
and Sum([Qry Base].CUSTO) < -0.00000001

Pedro wrote:
> Hi John and many thanks for your answer, although i didn't understand much
> what i have to do...
> Here goes my SQL and i hope it helps and your answer can help me.
>
> TRANSFORM Sum([Qry Base].CUSTO) AS SomaDeCUSTO
> SELECT [Qry Base].TELEFONE, [Qry Base].CONTA, [Qry Base].[Dt Adesão], [Qry
> Base].Pacote, [Qry Base].Status, [Qry Base].Protocolo, [Qry Base].Rede, [Qry
> Base].[N Emp/Ag], [Qry Base].Nome, [Qry Base].[Ext VPN], [Qry Base].NIF, [Qry
> Base].[Nº conta], [Qry Base].[Dt envio Processo], [Qry Base].[SIM], [Qry
> Base].[Dt Conclusão], [Qry Base].Observações, [Qry Base].Utilizador, [Qry
> Base].DETALHE, Sum([Qry Base].CUSTO) AS [Total de CUSTO]
> FROM [Qry Base]
> GROUP BY [Qry Base].TELEFONE, [Qry Base].CONTA, [Qry Base].[Dt Adesão], [Qry
> Base].Pacote, [Qry Base].Status, [Qry Base].Protocolo, [Qry Base].Rede, [Qry
> Base].[N Emp/Ag], [Qry Base].Nome, [Qry Base].[Ext VPN], [Qry Base].NIF, [Qry
> Base].[Nº conta], [Qry Base].[Dt envio Processo], [Qry Base].[SIM], [Qry
> Base].[Dt Conclusão], [Qry Base].Observações, [Qry Base].Utilizador, [Qry
> Base].DETALHE
> PIVOT Format([Periodo],"mmm") In
> ("Jan","Fev","Mar","Abr","Mai","Jun","Jul","Ago","Set","Out","Nov","Dez");
>
> Tks again
> Pedro
>

> "John Spencer" wrote:
>
>> Post the SQL of your cross tab query.
>>
>> It is possible that all you have to do is add a having clause to it.
>> Generically that might look something like:
>>
>> TRANSFORM Sum(SomeValue) as MonthlySum
>> SELECT Person
>> FROM SomeTable
>> GROUP BY Person
>> HAVING SUM(SomeValue) <> 0
>> PIVOT SomeMonthField
>>
>> John Spencer
>> Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
>> The Hilltop Institute
>> University of Maryland Baltimore County
>>
>> Pedro wrote:
>>> Hi everyone
>>> It must be very simple for you guys but i can't find it: How to make a
>>> report, made of a query cross table, but only show records that the total of
>>> all months are diferent than zero (0). Negative and positive values.
>>> That report sums the sales for each person, each months and i want to know
>>> who sell and who's not selling.
>>> Tks in advance
>>> Pedro
>> .

0
John
6/6/2010 8:16:07 PM
Hi John and again, many thanks for your answer.
I wouldn't like to change my qry cose it'll change all other reports based
on the same query. I would like, if possible, something like, in the filter
properties of the report, ([Qry Base].Total de CUSTO])<>0, but that doesn't
work. Can you help? Again? Tks a lot
Pedro

"John Spencer" wrote:

> [...]
> > FROM [Qry Base]
> > GROUP BY [Qry Base].TELEFONE, [Qry Base].CONTA, [Qry Base].[Dt Adesão], [Qry
> > Base].Pacote, [Qry Base].Status, [Qry Base].Protocolo, [Qry Base].Rede, [Qry
> > Base].[N Emp/Ag], [Qry Base].Nome, [Qry Base].[Ext VPN], [Qry Base].NIF, [Qry
> > Base].[Nº conta], [Qry Base].[Dt envio Processo], [Qry Base].[SIM], [Qry
> > Base].[Dt Conclusão], [Qry Base].Observações, [Qry Base].Utilizador, [Qry
> > Base].DETALHE
> > PIVOT Format([Periodo],"mmm") In
> > ("Jan","Fev","Mar","Abr","Mai","Jun","Jul","Ago","Set","Out","Nov","Dez");
> >
> > Tks again
> > Pedro
> >

> > "John Spencer" wrote:
> >
> >> Post the SQL of your cross tab query.
> >>
> >> It is possible that all you have to do is add a having clause to it.
> >> Generically that might look something like:

You can copy the query, modify it, and use the modified copy for this one report.

Also, if you are using VBA code to call the report, you should be able to
include the filter

Dim strFilter as String
StrFilter = "[Total de CUSTO]<>0"

DoCmd.OpenReport "MyReportName",acViewPreview,,strFilter

As long as the field Total de Custo is used someplace in the report, you can
filter by it.

Pedro wrote:
> [...]
>>> Base].[N Emp/Ag], [Qry Base].Nome, [Qry Base].[Ext VPN], [Qry Base].NIF, [Qry
>>> Base].[Nº conta], [Qry Base].[Dt envio Processo], [Qry Base].[SIM], [Qry
>>> Base].[Dt Conclusão], [Qry Base].Observações, [Qry Base].Utilizador, [Qry
>>> Base].DETALHE, Sum([Qry Base].CUSTO) AS [Total de CUSTO]
>>> FROM [Qry Base]
>>> GROUP BY [Qry Base].TELEFONE, [Qry Base].CONTA, [Qry Base].[Dt Adesão], [Qry
>>> Base].Pacote, [Qry Base].Status, [Qry Base].Protocolo, [Qry Base].Rede, [Qry
>>> Base].[N Emp/Ag], [Qry Base].Nome, [Qry Base].[Ext VPN], [Qry Base].NIF, [Qry
>>> Base].[Nº conta], [Qry Base].[Dt envio Processo], [Qry Base].[SIM], [Qry
>>> Base].[Dt Conclusão], [Qry Base].Observações, [Qry Base].Utilizador, [Qry
>>> Base].DETALHE
>>> PIVOT Format([Periodo],"mmm") In
>>> ("Jan","Fev","Mar","Abr","Mai","Jun","Jul","Ago","Set","Out","Nov","Dez");

0
John

Pivot Table Subtotal
Hi I have a hug pivot table and there is no subtotal. Please show me how to add subtotal to a pivot table. Is it really complicate? Thanks Hi, Have a look at the following websites for Pivot Table help. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm Debra Dalgleish http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm Chip Pearson FYI when you are creating the table, you will need to drag two or more of your fields over into the row section of the Layout, then the pivot table will subtotal by those categories. HTH >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I have a hug pivot table an...

Need more Reports

Sales Report #3

Text from table won't display
Hi everyone, thanks for being so helpful. I'm working on a report and included is a text box whose control source is from the table I've queried. The actual data from the table isn't showing up on the report when I open it, though. And it's only this text field. Other text fields work fine and my date fields also show up fine. I've made sure that I included this column in the query, but nothing I do makes the data appear. Please help. Set the control's border to red, do you see this in preview? What section of the report contains the control? -- Duane Hookom Micro...

W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

Blank networth reports

SQL View-Mfg BOM table
I would like to create a SQL view, from the BM010115 table. I would like to add a new column for the upper assembly number. The BM010115 table has a column PPN_I for the BOM Assembly, Then the CPN_I for the Component. I would like a column for the upper assembly (Highest Level) also. If the subassembly is on more than one BOM, I would like it repeated... Can this be done? thanks -- Doug ...

Query Problem
Hi, I have this query but is not working. SELECT BKAR_INV_NUM, BKAR_INV_SONUM, BKAR_INV_INVCD, BKAR_INV_INVDTE, BKAR_INV_CUSCOD FROM BKARINV WHERE (((BKAR_INV_INVCD)=' ') AND ((BKAR_INV_CUSCOD)="SCOENE0100")) OR ((BKAR_INV_INVCD)="X")); I need it to show all records for SCOENE0100 that the BKAR_INV_INVCD are either "X" or " " Thank you all On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 11:08:04 -0700, "Bre-x" <cholotron@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, >I have this query but is not working. > >SELECT >BKAR_INV_NUM, ...

eXtender SOP Reports

Reports are not being shown MM07

Thanks for all the help on Year-to-date query!
It's so great to know that there are folks out there that can take the time to help someone whose 78 year old brain is slowly turning to gorgonzola cheese! Again, thanX Mikie Francisco 9 @ ATT N E T ...

Excel XP Pivot Table
How do I convert Excel XP Pivot Table in Excel 2000 What problems are you having with the pivot table in Excel 2000? If it's too big, open it in Excel 2002, move some of the fields into the page area, then try to open in Excel 2000. bsantona wrote: > How do I convert Excel XP Pivot Table in Excel 2000 -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Saving Reports

Crosstab Query results/ Sum
I created a crosstab query that outputs sales by each month (month as a column header). I am creating a second query to retrieve sums of the months I am interested. Let's say the sales is as follows Month1 Month2 Month3 $200 $100 $300 Here is the formula I am using: Last3Months: Month1 + Month2 + Month3 Instead of getting the sum which shoudl be $600, it looks like the formula is concatenating the values resuting in 200100300 i guess i can just sum it up in Excel but wanted to see if i can do it in Access. Based on what you posted, it looks l...

Insert row, table to table
Hi, As I cannot use INSERT INTO with values specified to WHERE. I have created an interim temporary table where the record contains two text strings.Now I want to be able to take those text strings and append to the correct table where the record is set by an ID number. First_Name = Fred Last_Name = Jones Its a new contact so it is too be added to a customer with an ID = 1375 Now I can't use the following sql statement strsql = "INSERT INTO [tblCUSTCONTACTS] ( [FIRST_NAME], [LAST_NAME] ) " _ & " VALUES (""" & strFirst & "&...

A Dynamic Query Worksheet?
I have the unfortunate task of converting a SQL Server database into stand-alone Excel file that will store all the data, as well as act a a "front-end' for browsing the data. I'd like to have an opening page of many different hyperlinks whic would send the user to a second worksheet and also pass a variable. The second worksheet would list the results of a query that would us the variable as a parameter and would get its data from a huge table o a 3rd Spreadsheet. Is this idea possible? If so, I'd appreciate any ideas, tips, hints o how to get this done. Thanks -- Messa...

small business reports ...

Reporting Error ==> very urgent

Report writer
Hello, I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls advise as I can add the fields containing the data but the data is not appearing on the report. Thanks your comments are appreciated. -- chj@jup Once you were done modifying the report, did you give access to the mdoified report under Security? -- Lyle U chj wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy > of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls > advise as I c...

Loan Accounts in Reports
Bugs are in reports, the loan that I pay to my car is divided in 2, principal and interest, but in reports I can't show the two at same time, the reports show only the interest that I'm paying. The budget have the same problem with loans, it shows values that don't exists, I start a new budget, put all the values correctly and finalize it, when I go to budget home there are values that I not put there. There is some fix to those bugs? ...