Report Columns

I am trying to add columns to my report but am having some difficulty. The
report is basically a form letter. It is grouped on the employee’s unique ID.
In that group header is the letter, Dear so and so etc. It is the details
portion that I am trying to get into two columns. Is there something I am
missing on how to do this. I would rather no put a sub report in to
accomplish this.

Thank you

Jason,
   Well, the subform would be an easy way to go about that.
   However, I would think you could use the ID group header to display the
first part of the letter, the detail section to display the multi-column
data, and the ID footer to display the last half of the letter.
ID Group Header----------------------
    Dear Sirs:
    First part of letter Text
Detail-------------------------
    Col1                       Col2                   Col3
ID Group Footer--------------------------
    Last portion of the canned letter.

    I didn't test, but that should work....
--
    hth
    Al Campagna

"Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to add columns to my report but am having some difficulty. The
> report is basically a form letter. It is grouped on the employee's unique
> ID.
> In that group header is the letter, Dear so and so etc. It is the details
> portion that I am trying to get into two columns. Is there something I am
> missing on how to do this. I would rather no put a sub report in to
> accomplish this.
>
> Thank you

0
Al

all long column of cells equal to whatever I put in B2
For some reason I am getting nowhere trying to do a very simple thing. I have a column with many of the cells for a long stretch that I want to be equal to whatever number I put in B2. As I'm building this spreadsheet, it seems to me that it should be a very simple matter to "tell" all those cells to just be equal to whatever is in B2, they using format painter, etc.,.... they don't copy "=B2" part of the previous cells, but instead just copy whatever the number is .... which means that when I change the number in B2, it won't change them. Any ideas? th...

split column
I have a column of data in the following format column A John B. Smith What I want to do is split this column into three separate column so that it will appear as below Column B Column C Column D John B. Smith. Is there a formula that can help me do this. TIA Tlee, If all the names follow the same format (you don't say), you can use Data - Text to columns, using a space as the separator. Make sure that the columns to the right are empty before you start. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ---------------------------...

Change column name??????
:rolleyes: *Can somebody help my out?????? I would like to know how to change the column name (A, B, C etc) into a different name...* --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Good question BH 79 , I also would really like to know this and can't find anything about it :confused:. But I have seen docs in which the columns have names instead of the usual a,b,c-labels... Hope someone knows the answer... --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "BH79 >" <<BH79.zrnhc@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:BH79.zrnhc@excelforum-nospam.com......

Need more Reports

Sales Report #3

VB code to hie and unhide rows or column, to be used for command button
Anybody know the VB code added to a (toggle) command button that hides and unhides a selection of rows or columns? Bart Bart To hide: selection.entirerow.hidden = true selection.entirecolumn.hidden = true To toggle: selection.entirerow.hidden = not selection.entirerow.hidden selection.entirecolumn.hidden = not selection.entirecolumn.hidden I think you'll need two buttons, one to hide rows and one for columns Regards Trevor "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1182588733.136009.47240@o11g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Anybody know the VB...

W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

Summing/counting data when columns match each other
I've got Worksheet1 with all my data, though only 4 columns of eac entry matter. For clarity's sake, I've got a separate worksheet calle "Summary," which is where I want to put all my commands. In Worksheet1, column D is the billing company, column F is the bille company, column H is the the category of thing sold, and column Q i the price. In Summary, I'd like to generate a row for every company that did an billing. Column A: name. Column B: Value of sales to themselves. Column C: Number of sales to themselves they did. Column D: Value o total sales. Colum...

Blank networth reports

eXtender SOP Reports

Reports are not being shown MM07

Saving Reports

how to split data into columns and arrange the resulting data
I have data in cells A2, A3 and A4 as below: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8 1, 2, 3, 4 2, 3, 4 I want to split into columns (which I did using Data > Text to Columns option). But I also want the data to "automatically" fall under appropriate heading (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8) which are in respecive cells A1:H1. Thank you in advance How about an alternative: With your data in A2:Axx, put this formula in B2: =","&SUBSTITUTE(A2," ","")&"," Then B2 will look like: ,1,2,4,5,7,8, Then put this in C2 and drag across as far as you need. =IF...

small business reports ...

Reporting Error ==> very urgent

Report writer
Hello, I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls advise as I can add the fields containing the data but the data is not appearing on the report. Thanks your comments are appreciated. -- chj@jup Once you were done modifying the report, did you give access to the mdoified report under Security? -- Lyle U chj wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy > of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls > advise as I c...

Loan Accounts in Reports
Bugs are in reports, the loan that I pay to my car is divided in 2, principal and interest, but in reports I can't show the two at same time, the reports show only the interest that I'm paying. The budget have the same problem with loans, it shows values that don't exists, I start a new budget, put all the values correctly and finalize it, when I go to budget home there are values that I not put there. There is some fix to those bugs? ...

Monthly reports in Money 2004 Standard
Is there a way to customize the categories used to compose the Monthly Reports? I would like to omit my business travel and living expenses from these reports, as they are fully reimbursed, and have nothing to do with my household finances. Can this be done in 2004? If not, has this feature been rolled into newer versions? Monthly reports are not customizable in any version of Money that is in the wild. "bob2246" <bob2246@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3493CA51-596F-4D59-9540-F2D79EA5A618@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to customize the categor...

Compare two columns #2
Please help... I have a really big spreadsheet and would like to find all the unmatched information when comparing two columns in a spreadsheet. Is there any formula or functions to perform this checking, or is there any methods suggested? Example: Info listed In column A: red, blue, green Info listed in column B: blue, violet, black, yellow Result (unmatched info) after comparing column B to column A: violet, black and yellow Use this formula in a helper column on the right: =COUNTIF($A$1:$A$1000,B1) and copy this down. Adjust ranges to suit, of course. Then Data/AutoFilter on tha...

Selecting dynamic number of columns into fixed-structure table
I have a table with the following columns (the Pen# columns are all REAL data types and all columns support NULL values): dtDateTime Pen1 Pen2 Pen3 Pen4 Pen5 Pen6 Pen7 Pen8 Pen9 Pen10 I have a stored procedure that returns data similar to the following: dtDateTime TT_S02_20 TT_S02_30 TT_S02_50 ----------------------- ------------- ------------- ------------- 2010-06-26 00:00:06.653 148.1323 115.5447 124.679 2010-06-26 00:00:21.687 148.5214 115.5...