Report broken down by results from a calculated field

Hello,

I have a query which calculates a date which is 100 days from the initial
referral date. Other fields in the query are: patient ID, date of surgery and
the reason why no surgery within 100 days of referral if applicable (this
field is added through a combobox that only gives choice of 3 options).

I would need a report that groups the results of the calculated field (those
who had surgery within 100 days of initial referral, those who did not have
surgery within 100 days and those who do not yet have surgery date. Those who
do NOT have surgery within 100 days of referral, I need to be able to group
them according to reason field.

I do not seem to be able to split the report according to this calculated
field. Is it possible or do I need to take a different approach? Any ideas
what that might be?

Johanna

--
Johanna

Create an additional calculated field in your query that will determine to
which group the patient belongs.  You can use your calculations in your query
that determines the number of days and whether they had surgery.  Make the
calculaton return a value for each group the will sort in the order you want
the groups to appear on your report.  Then use the Group By in the report to
group on this calculated field.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"Johanna Gronlund" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a query which calculates a date which is 100 days from the initial
> referral date. Other fields in the query are: patient ID, date of surgery and
> the reason why no surgery within 100 days of referral if applicable (this
> field is added through a combobox that only gives choice of 3 options).
>
> I would need a report that groups the results of the calculated field (those
> who had surgery within 100 days of initial referral, those who did not have
> surgery within 100 days and those who do not yet have surgery date. Those who
> do NOT have surgery within 100 days of referral, I need to be able to group
> them according to reason field.
>
> I do not seem to be able to split the report according to this calculated
> field. Is it possible or do I need to take a different approach? Any ideas
> what that might be?
>
> Johanna
>
> --
> Johanna

Need more Reports

Quantity Shipped field on Enter/Match Auto-Invoice Screen
It would be good to see the actually quantity that has been received in the Quantity Shipped field on the Select Purchase Order Items when viewing this window through the Enter/Match Invoices screen (Transactions > Purchasing > Enter/Match Invoices). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &quo...

Sales Report #3

W-2 Tax Reporting Figures Not Accurate

Blank networth reports

eXtender SOP Reports

Advance Payroll
We use the Overtime Calculations in Advenced Payroll. The problem is when we set up a new employee and assign them to a class, the OT paycode gets set up automatically, but the calculation method doesn't. So the employee is set up with their overtime rate the same as the regular rate. Is there a way to have the overtime calculation method set up automatically or are we stuck with having to go to the OT paycode and adding the calculation method? Thanks for any feedback. ...

Reports are not being shown MM07

Profit Margin field in Item Properties...worthless or not?
My accounting folks have just now started to notice that the 3-4 keystone markups they entered (in terms of our individual item costs) are not being reflected in the Profit Margin field for any of our items...is there any way to modify or change the way RMS calculates this? It's pretty funny because it will almost show it correctly if you do the inverse (i.e. a $10 Price and $40 Cost yields 300% margin, albeit a negative one...but a regular $40 price and $10 Cost shows a worthless 75%...what good is this??). Ideally we'd like to be able to enter our cost and the desired markup...

Saving Reports

Creating a QM form that calculates scores?
Is it possible to create a form that has yes/no option controls that calculate scores for whichever one the person chooses and then adds each score for a total score. ...

Search criteria with empty field
I am trying to search two fields by rst.Seek "=", Data1, Data2 where Data2 should be case 1 "" case 2 not empty. Any idea? I can't get real result. Alex ...

Crosstab Query results/ Sum
I created a crosstab query that outputs sales by each month (month as a column header). I am creating a second query to retrieve sums of the months I am interested. Let's say the sales is as follows Month1 Month2 Month3 $200 $100 $300 Here is the formula I am using: Last3Months: Month1 + Month2 + Month3 Instead of getting the sum which shoudl be $600, it looks like the formula is concatenating the values resuting in 200100300 i guess i can just sum it up in Excel but wanted to see if i can do it in Access. Based on what you posted, it looks l...

Reporting Error ==> very urgent

Calculate height of listbox?
Is there a forumla to calculate the needed height of a listbox in order to contain a given number of lines of a given point size? Not without a bunch of GDI API work. The AutoSizeTextBox solution on my site shows you how. A far simpler solution, that is almost as accurate would be to use code/logic like: Assumes ListBox control named lbHeight Assumes TestBox control named Text11 Assumes CommandButton named CmdSize Enter a desired number of rows value in Text11 and then click on the CommandButton. Private Sub cmdSize_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdSize_Click Dim x As Integer ' conv...

small business reports ...

how to split data into columns and arrange the resulting data
I have data in cells A2, A3 and A4 as below: 1, 2, 4, 5, 7, 8 1, 2, 3, 4 2, 3, 4 I want to split into columns (which I did using Data > Text to Columns option). But I also want the data to "automatically" fall under appropriate heading (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8) which are in respecive cells A1:H1. Thank you in advance How about an alternative: With your data in A2:Axx, put this formula in B2: =","&SUBSTITUTE(A2," ","")&"," Then B2 will look like: ,1,2,4,5,7,8, Then put this in C2 and drag across as far as you need. =IF...

Report writer
Hello, I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls advise as I can add the fields containing the data but the data is not appearing on the report. Thanks your comments are appreciated. -- chj@jup Once you were done modifying the report, did you give access to the mdoified report under Security? -- Lyle U chj wrote: > Hello, > > I am trying to add the transaction distribution details onto a copy > of the PM Blank Document in Report Writer in GP 9. Would you pls > advise as I c...

Loan Accounts in Reports
Bugs are in reports, the loan that I pay to my car is divided in 2, principal and interest, but in reports I can't show the two at same time, the reports show only the interest that I'm paying. The budget have the same problem with loans, it shows values that don't exists, I start a new budget, put all the values correctly and finalize it, when I go to budget home there are values that I not put there. There is some fix to those bugs? ...

Convert Lead
Hi, I have added extra address fields on the Leads form to capture alternative addresses and when I "Convert Lead" to an account I need these addresses to appear on the "More Addresses Tab. I have mapped them but to no avail. I need to somehow do a workflow on Create Account that first creates a new "More Address" entry and then updates the field. Any ideas, I've been going around in circles. Thks "sherry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<19fe901c44dd5$a8d57230$a401280a@phx.gbl>... > Hi, I have added ex...