Repeating numbers amd text ( content of the text box)

Hello,

Using crosstab query, my report shows like this:

Position Seq No.   Position    Year 2007
1.                      Elder           Jason
1.                      Edler            Mathew
2.                       Deacon       Mark
2                        Deacon       John.

How can I make it to show up like this:
1.  Elder      Jason
                   Mathew
2.   Deacon   Mark
                    John

In other word, we do not want it to repeat the same number.

With many thanks,

--
H. Frank Situmorang

Set the Hide Duplicates property of the Position text box.

Where you also want to hide another field, and HideDuplicates is not enough,
see:
    Hide duplicates selectively
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/casu-21.html

"Frank Situmorang" <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Using crosstab query, my report shows like this:
>
> Position Seq No.   Position    Year 2007
> 1.                      Elder           Jason
> 1.                      Edler            Mathew
> 2.                       Deacon       Mark
> 2                        Deacon       John.
>
> How can I make it to show up like this:
> 1.  Elder      Jason
>                   Mathew
> 2.   Deacon   Mark
>                    John
>
> In other word, we do not want it to repeat the same number.
>
> With many thanks,
>
> --
> H. Frank Situmorang

0
Allen
2/28/2008 8:33:00 AM
Ok, I can do it now, there is " Hide duplicates, in the format property that
should be set to yes.

Thanks to all of you that already helped me
--
H. Frank Situmorang

"Frank Situmorang" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Using crosstab query, my report shows like this:
>
> Position Seq No.   Position    Year 2007
> 1.                      Elder           Jason
> 1.                      Edler            Mathew
> 2.                       Deacon       Mark
> 2                        Deacon       John.
>
> How can I make it to show up like this:
> 1.  Elder      Jason
>                    Mathew
> 2.   Deacon   Mark
>                     John
>
> In other word, we do not want it to repeat the same number.
>
> With many thanks,
>
> --
> H. Frank Situmorang

nomalizing numbers charting...
hi- I have a list of numbers starting at 1300 and decrmenting all the way down 1 ie 1300,540,300,225,..,5,3,1 I want to use these numbers to draw circles, but the variance between them is very large and the circles would be too big on one end and too small on the other end. I was wondering if I could nomralize these numbers so the variance is not so large... how would you go about doing this? Is there a formula that does this? Thanks brent Brent, Normalizing them isn't exactly what you want, I don't think. You could use some kind of logarithmic function (sort of like th...

Text to Rows
Hi, I am newbie in excel Macros. I have a macro that works well if used on a cell. BUT if I want to run it on every cell within a Range, I get an error - "Invalid, Next control Variable reference". Please help. see below Sub NewOne() Dim x As Integer Dim y As Integer ' Hardcoded range A1 to C2 NumRows = Range("A1", "A2").Rows.Count NumCols = Range("A1", "C1").Cols.Count Range("A1").Select For x = 1 To NumRows Step 1 For y = 1 To NumCols Step 1 'Text to multiple ro...

e-mails are very large for just text
When using Outlook 2000, Windows 2000, and Word as the outlook e-mail editor, the e-mails wind up very large. I have set the e-mail format to be just plain text, but still an e-mail the size of this newsgroup posting message, may be anywhere from 5Kb to 98Kb. Responses will be even larger. I like to use Word as the editor, since I use the autotext entries quite frequently when writing e-mails. How can I reduce the e-mail size? Many of the people I send e-mail to are at remote locations and on dial-up connections. Thank you, John Gregory if you're using Word as the e-mail ed...

Repeating cell-contents
A1 contains "Smith" A53 contains "Jones" A459 contains "Smith" A1072 contains "Peterson" A23405 contains "Smith" A45234 contains "Samantha" What formula can I use to put: "Smith" in B1 thru B52 blanks in B53 thru B458 "Smith" in B459 thru B1071 blanks in A1072 thru B23404 "Smith" in A23405 thru B45233 blanks in A45234 thru A65536 Thanks, Gary Hi Gary try the following: In B1 enter =A1 in B2 enter =IF(A2="",B1,IF(B1="",A2,"")) and ...

Invoice Numbering
I'm using the invoice template in Excel. Each invoice has an invoice number. I need the formula that will change the invoice number everytime I create a new invoice. I want the number to increment by 1 every time I create a new invoice. Can someone give me the correct formula that will allow this to happen? Thanks Michael Hi Mike! This was discussed in the context of the invoice template at: http://google.com/groups?threadm=3EFCB5EC.D3E8A510%40msn.com#link6 There is an auto numbering macro in the template that needs the TMPLTNUM.XLA addin to be installed. It has the advantage...

Convert text file to MS_Excel
I have a text file created and wish to create a MS-Excel spreadsheet w/columns the 1st column should be static while the row could have variable data to append. Any ideas/scripts to share will be appreciated. Sample File: Client: PSHBGMCGAPP01 Backup ID: PSHBGMCGAPP01_1101705374 Policy: McGregorServersDailyBackup Policy Type: MS-Windows-NT Sched Label: MonthlyFull Schedule Type: Full Backup Retention Level: 6 months (6) Backup Time: 11/29/2004 00:16:14 Elapsed Time: 000:36:58 Expiration Time: 06/03/2005 01:16:14 Compressed: n...

Printing a Repeated Section Messege like "Continued"
Setting the repeated section property in a report (Access 2007) to Yes, writes the section Heading on the next page when the detail section is not complete at the page break. I would like the bottom of the first page to print "Continued on Next Page" and/or the top of the second page to say "Continued from ...)" so the report reader knows the details are part of the previous section on the previous page, and not in an entriely new section of the report. Can this be done dynamically in a report, since some pages naturally break when a section ends and other pag...

Repeating rows dont repeat fully when columns also repeat
I am repeating rows 1 through 4 and columns A through D. At least that is what I'm trying to do. On page two, the columns repeat but then the rows do not (beyond columns A through D). Is there a way to make it so that they both repeat? In re-reading the above, I'm not sure I'm making myself clear. Assume that XX's represent the repeating rows and ZZ's represent the repeating columns. This is what I'd like to see: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX ZZZZZZZZZZZ YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ZZZZZ...

Page Numbering reflecting Chapters/multilevels setup in document
My manager wants to create unique pagenumbering for each chapter and section inserted into a large document. Multilevel heading have been established using styles within the document in Word 2007, but he wants page numbering to be automatically created . For example: page 1 has Chapter 1 Section 1 so he wants it numbered 1-1-1. The second page is still Chapter 1 Section 1 so he wants it numbered 1-1-2. Page 3 is Chapter 1 Section 2 so he wants it numbered 1-2-1. any suggestions on how this can be done?? Have you tried Format Page Numbers - Include Chapter Number - Heading 2...

Line Feed not working in Email text
I am using the following code in Message box of the vbSendMail form in VB5. '**** insert Email Text .txtMsg.Text = "" & _ frmProspectEmailLtr.DlrName & _ vbLf & frmProspectEmailLtr.DlrCityStateZip & _ VBLF works fine here with MAPI and Outlook but not in vbSendMail. I have researched "legtfy" but still don't know how to achieve a line feed here. What should I use in lieu of VBLF? try vbCrLf Dennis Rose wrote: > I am using the following code in Message box of the vbSendMail form > in VB5. > &...

Big number error
6018971032413880 That number is a big number but why is it if I try to chage the last zero to a 3 while in Excel, the zero always comes back as soon as I hit ENTER Thanks Look up specifications in Help and you'll find it's not an error, Excel have 15 digits of precision, everything beyond that will be truncated. Assuming you have credit card numbers or account numbers just precede any entry with an apostrophe or pre-format the cells(s) as text -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:492EF641-9994-4B8E-BD7B-...

Filtering a Crosstab Query from Combo Boxes on Unbound Form
Hello Everyone, I have a crosstab query in my database that I would like to filter based upon user selections from combo boxes on an unbound form. I would like for the users to be able to make a selection from four combo boxes (cboSelectWeek, cboSelectMonth, cboSelectGroup and cboSelectFocal) and then push a button to see a crosstab query reflecting their selections; I would like for the query to export to excel and be saved as a file of the user's choosing. Also, the user should be able to leave some of the combo boxes null. I have been reading on this site (which has taught...

Extract multiple numbers from a cell
Here are some examples of text with multiple numbers embedded: A1 = 3031 // 2841;1886-ring road location A2 = 3305 //1455-historical A3 = //3491;3492 A4 = //inactive location; historical = 1790; enter new locaion Result should be: B1 = 3031;2841;1886 B2 = 3305;1455 B3 = 3491;3492 B4 = 1790 Try this UDF (User Defined function). From workbook launch VBE using Alt+F11. From menu Insert a Module and paste the below function.Close and get back to workbook and try the below formula. =ExtractNumbers(A1) Function ExtractNumbers(strData As String) As String Dim intTemp As Intege...

How do I format a number in a currency format in word
I am doing a mail merge using number fields from an excel pread sheet. How can I format them like currency i.e. $1,287.22. Can the execl format be passed to word? Can this be done or must I use the field edit and use the \# switch ? Convert it to a Text field is one one way. F1: =TEXT(E1,"_($* #,##0.00_);_($* (#,##0.00);_($* ""-""??_);_(@_)") http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm If you are more familiar with MS Word than with Excel Control Word from Excel [-- http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/index.php?d=envbaolecontrolword --] Send...

random numbers, how can you utilize it without repeating them
How can you use random numbers without repeating them on a worksheet? The way it is set up now is, example: =RANDBETWEEN(1,8) I would like to be able to use the random between but I don't want the numbers to repeat themselves within the worksheet. Any suggestions or Ideas? http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/udfs/randint.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "RS" <RS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75427E72-3EAA-4105-A65B-53F0F1213414@microsoft.com... > How can you use random numbers without repeating them on a worksheet? The >...

Iterate named range & clear contents
Excel 03 Hi all I have a bunch of named ranges (Insert > Name > Define) which I wan to iterate through, & then delete their contents. I'm trying this : For Each nm in ThisWorkbook.Names nm.ClearContents Next nm can someone please show me the correct way to do this. thanks paul For Each nm In ThisWorkbook.Names On Error Resume Next Range(nm.Name).ClearContents On Error GoTo 0 Next nm -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Paul Wagstaff" <paulwagstaff@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in mes...

repeating cells in footer in excel
I need prepare a form with many lines. In this form I need to provide a footer (with a group of cells) for approvement. Even I can select cells to repeat in every page header there is no such a feature for footers. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http:...

Conditional format words vs. numbers
HI. I need to know how to set a conditional format that would font all numbers black but any letters gray within a cell. Thanx. Conditional formatting won't do this kind of character by character formatting. (You did mean that there was a combination of numbers and letters in the same cell, right?) "J.W. Aldridge" wrote: > > HI. > > I need to know how to set a conditional format that would font all > numbers black but any letters gray within a cell. > > Thanx. -- Dave Peterson Not with CF, but VBA will do it Public Sub FormatCellLetters() Dim ...

Converting calendar events to tab-deliminated text
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop Entourage 2004 does not allow exporting of calendar events to a text file or any kind of file readable by WORD or Excel. Is there any way to do this so I can create a database file to keep an archive of old calendar information? I don't want to rely just on the Entourage.rge file as the only archive. On 12/11/09 12:35 PM, in article 59baecae.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Rodonator@officeformac.com" <Rodonator@officeformac.com> wrote: > Entourage 2004 does not allo...

Repeats
On one of my worksheets I type the day of the week in the first column, followed by the date in the second column etc. Since the current entry is in line 3,675th when I typed the first letter of the day the rest was completed automatically. E.g. If I typed M then onday followed, as were entries of the same gist in other columns, when the first word of the information was typed. Suddenly this stopped. Why I have no idea, but would appreciate if someone told me how to restore this time and typing savings. Thanks! Tools>Options>Edit, check that Enable Autocomplete for Cell Values i...

List box hover mouse expand text
Hi all, I'm building a little form that can have multiple listboxes listboxes show contents of a selected folder like a (very rudimentary) group of "windows explorers" on one form so i can conveniently look at different folders without having to stretch and position multiple explorer windows. since i group multiple listboxes they can be smaller than the filenames shown. how can i emulate the way windows expands partial text into a little tool tip when you hover a mouse over? thanks mark The gist of it is fairly simple. There's a sample tooltip clas...

Page numbering with letters in TOC
I have a TOC that has several styles of page numbering, I need the first section to have roman numerals, then an additional section to have page numbers listed as S1 and a section to have page numbers listed as A1. How do I format the page numbering to do this? -- Kim A Ramirez Large Print Coordinator The ToC will pick up whatever page numbers appear in the book ms., so if you have formatted your three sections properly, it will come out the way you want. On Feb 3, 11:03=A0am, Kim Ramirez <KimRami...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a TOC that has several ...

automatic sequential numbering
Can anyone please explain, if it is possible, using Microsoft Publisher office XP, to number a slide show, of still photographs, by "automatic sequential numbering ", rather than numbering each slide individually. Thanks in anticipation ! -- hoh A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from harryh <h_hodgetts@hotmail.com(donotspam)>!"... > Can anyone please explain, if it is possible, using Microsoft > Publisher office XP, to number a slide show, of still photographs, by > "automatic sequential numbering ", rather than numberin...

How do I format a cell to convert negitive numbers to positive?
i have a cell that is is equil to another cell that will always be a negitive number. I need to convert that number and have it display as a positive number. How can i do that? if a1 is -10 then a2 will be =-a1. Cheers John "Duke55" <Duke55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7BF0C866-6B38-4AD3-8513-5763113A4F43@microsoft.com... >i have a cell that is is equil to another cell that will always be a >negitive > number. I need to convert that number and have it display as a positive > number. How can i do that? On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 07:05:05 -07...

Serial number field too short
We use serial numbers on a few items. We have a new item that the serial number is 2 characters longer than the field in RMS. Is there a way to increase the field length? ALTER TABLE serial ALTER COLUMN serialnumber NVARCHAR(30) ALTER TABLE serial ALTER COLUMN serialnumber2 NVARCHAR(30) ALTER TABLE serial ALTER COLUMN serialnumber2 NVARCHAR(30) "CVOswalt" wrote: > We use serial numbers on a few items. We have a new item that the serial > number is 2 characters longer than the field in RMS. Is there a way to > increase the field length? > >...