put more than 255 field on report from two tables

 Hi,
My project is in MS Access 2002.
In that I want to generate Report which contain fields 258.I can put
255 fields but how can i add more 3 fields.
when i generate report for 258 fields than it will show msg too many
fields.
how can i solve this problem?
0
billy_pit

It is a bit unusual that you would need to use that many fields. However, you
can get around this limitation by using subreports.

--
Duane Hookom
Microsoft Access MVP

"billy_pit" wrote:

>  Hi,
> My project is in MS Access 2002.
> In that I want to generate Report which contain fields 258.I can put
> 255 fields but how can i add more 3 fields.
> when i generate report for 258 fields than it will show msg too many
> fields.
> how can i solve this problem?

Ya I know that this thing rarely happen but I have to do that
thing.Sorry but I can't use subreport for what I want to do,I don't
have any other option.Do u have any other solution then give me.By the
way thanks for ur help.
0
billy_pit
1/31/2008 6:12:41 PM
Ya I know that this thing rarely happen but I have to do that
thing.Sorry but I can't use subreport for what I want to do,I don't
have any other option.Do u have any other solution then give me.By the
way thanks for ur help.
0
billy_pit
1/31/2008 6:13:29 PM
Why do you think you can not use subreports for your purpose?

If you explain the why then maybe someone can tell you a method that will
work for subreports.
--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"billy_pit" <billy_pit@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> My project is in MS Access 2002.
> In that I want to generate Report which contain fields 258.I can put
> 255 fields but how can i add more 3 fields.
> when i generate report for 258 fields than it will show msg too many
> fields.
> how can i solve this problem?

Reports don't "contain fields"... Reports are based on a RecordSource (Query
or Table), which does contain Fields, and display the Fields, and other
information, in Controls on the Report.  A report is not limited to 255
Controls.  Tables and Queries are limited to 255 Fields -- that is _not
optional_.

If you need to display 258 values, you are going to have to do something
other than expect a workaround to the 255 limit for Tables and Queries...
and, as the RecordSource of a Report only allows one Table or Query to be
specified, you need to find another way to obtain the data. Subreports have
been suggested because each Subreport Control can contain a Report which has
its own RecordSource, so the combination may total more than 255.

Give us information on what data you have, how it is organized, and how you
want to report it, and, even better, also explain what you are trying to
accomplish it rather than how you think you can or cannot accomplish it.

 Larry Linson
 Microsoft Office Access MVP

0
Larry
1/31/2008 8:24:41 PM
"Larry Linson" <bouncer@localhost.not> wrote

 >> In that I want to generate Report which contain fields
 >> 258.I can put 255 fields but how can i add more 3 fields.
 >> when i generate report for 258 fields than it will show
 >> msg too many fields.
 >> how can i solve this problem?

I didn't say so in my initial response, but it is worth saying that
displaying that many values about a "something" generally does not result in
a useful, usable report and often indicates that the data layout was
improper.

Elsewhere, it was clear that you were not aware that a report could be based
on a Query... so perhaps you would benefit from visiting
http://office.microsoft.com, and following the hyperlinks for Training --
there are quite a number of good online training courses on a variety of
Access topics. They tend to be introductory-to-intermediate level, and aimed
at end-users rather than developers, but you should come out of them knowing
that a report's Record Source can be a Query as well as a Table. (and, did I
mention that they are free?)

There is also a good list of resource websites on the right-hand side of the
page at http://sp.ntpcug.org/accesssig/default.aspx.

 Larry Linson
 Microsoft Office Access MVP

0
Larry
1/31/2008 8:38:16 PM
On Jan 31, 3:38=A0pm, "Larry Linson" <boun...@localhost.not> wrote:
> "Larry Linson" <boun...@localhost.not> wrote
>
> =A0>> In that I want to generate Report which contain fields
> =A0>> 258.I can put 255 fields but how can i add more 3 fields.
> =A0>> when i generate report for 258 fields than it will show
> =A0>> msg too many fields.
> =A0>> how can i solve this problem?
>
> I didn't say so in my initial response, but it is worth saying that
> displaying that many values about a "something" generally does not result =
in
> a useful, usable report and often indicates that the data layout was
> improper.
>
> Elsewhere, it was clear that you were not aware that a report could be bas=
ed
> on a Query... so perhaps you would benefit from visitinghttp://office.micr=
osoft.com, and following the hyperlinks for Training -- =A0
> there are quite a number of good online training courses on a variety of
> Access topics. They tend to be introductory-to-intermediate level, and aim=
ed
> at end-users rather than developers, but you should come out of them knowi=
ng
> that a report's Record Source can be a Query as well as a Table. (and, did=
> mention that they are free?)
>
> There is also a good list of resource websites on the right-hand side of t=
he
> page athttp://sp.ntpcug.org/accesssig/default.aspx.
>
> =A0Larry Linson
> =A0Microsoft Office Access MVP

Thanks for ur replies ,I got my solution.
0
billy_pit

having trouble retrieving/using xml string from database field
Hi again, I save a fairly small xmlDocument to a single db field, xDoc.OuterXML using a SQL insert statement...this works fine. However, I then need to select that field (xmlWF) into an xmlDocument to add nodes, etc., but haven't found the correct way. I've also tried just saving it as a session variable, but still get errors when I try to use it, so I know I'm doing something wrong! Dim xDoc As New XmlDocument() xDoc.Load(varWF) 'uses the session variable this gives me a "path too long" statement Ideally, I'd like to know the ...

customizing contact fields
CRM 1.0 when we remove unwanted fields in contacts and accounts it does not show the updated view for users but when going back to customize it shows the fields as being removed. Any suggestions as to why this is and how to make it work Bernie, Are you referring to changes in the form? If so, did you publish the changes and issue an IISRESET? Matt On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 15:14:31 -0800, "Bernie" <bernie@hsbasics.com> wrote: CRM 1.0 when we remove unwanted fields in contacts and accounts it does not show the updated view for users but when going back to customize it shows...

Pivot Table Total
I have a pivot table that pulls data from 2 places. One is a list of categories and the est. cost amount. The second is a pivot table that tracks the cost of each category as the job goes on. The new pivot table lists the categories then has two columns with the est. price and the actual. Is there a way to have the Grand Total subtract the actual from the est. amount instead of adding them? Thanks Chance ...

PUTTING NUMBERS IN A CELL
I AM TRYING TO ENTER A NUMBER THAT BEGINS WITH ZERO'S AFTER I ENTER IT THE ZERO'S DISAPPEAR, HOW DO I KEEP THEM IN Please turn off the CAPS Lock, more than two lines would be extremely difficult to read. Reading caps is annoying. Format the column as text, if the leading zero is important to you then it is an identification not a number. The default alignment for text is left aligned which is also better for most identification "numbers". Credit card numbers are 16 digits, are identification and can not be entered as numbers, ever, because Excel only retains 15 si...

tabbing through fields
I have a form in Excel and I'd like to be able to tab from one field to another. Is there a way in Excel I can do this within and ONLY within my form? As it is, I tab right past the form all the way to the end of eternity! please help!! Dan Nash This post might help. http://tinyurl.com/yv48c -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Dan Nash" <dan@arndtstrategies.com> wrote in message news:14b701c3df7b$84db1e70$a601280a@phx.gbl....

Table Default Values
Is it possible to set the default value of a field in the table to either a value entered into a message box or a value entered into another table? I'm importing data from a text file into an existing table. I have been manually changing the default value for the report date field each time I import a new report, but since I won't be doing the importing anymore, would like to automate or simplify this process. Any suggestions? Hi, If you want the current date you can just use =Date(). If some other date, you can do something like this: Public Function Lo...

Percentage between two numbers
Hi, i have this two situations: 2394 34 -98,58% 34 2394 6941,18% This is the formulas i used: =(B1-A1)/ABS(A1) =(B2-A2)/ABS(A2) I need a formula to calculate the percentage of differences between two numbers even if the first is bigger than the second or the other way around. This is how i need the final result to look: 2394 34 -98,58% 34 2394 +98,58% Can this be done? Thanks! Percentages don't work that way. If your investment portfolio drops 50% (from $10,000 to $5,000), you need a 100% increase to get back to your starting position. Similar...

Microsoft Management reporter migration from Frx
I ran the Microsoft Management Report migration wizard. Several reports have an entry in the Row definitions for CBR as a format code and in the "Related Rows" and entry for 195 the row for our Net Sales. In the column definitions we have a formula of B/CBR%. CBR% is generates an error that % is an unexpected character and removing the % I get an error that CBR is not a valid cell reference. The help file seems to indicated that BASEROW should replace CBR but BASEROW is not a selectable option in the Row definitions as a format code. Any idea? ...

Nulls in Access 2007 Fields
Here is my issue: I have to generate a report which breaks down specific information, specifically a count derived from when the information was created. I have accomplished this. My problem is when I run a specific query for one piece of information it returns what I am looking for. When I run a different query with the same information looking for the other data I need - it does not give me anything. Now the problem is there is nothing for the database to pull up because the answer is zero, but I can not get Access to give me a zero in the field to show there were no new enrollie...

Drop down field
I have a drop down field in each entry of my budget which has many option. I also have a total amount for each option. I want the expenses of each option to be deducted automatically from the totals when the option has been chosen. Here is my formulas, but I am having a problem with it. Can someone help me with this matter? =IF(Sheet1!E1=1,'2106 - Travel - Locally!'D306-M9,0,IF (Sheet 1!E1=2,'2106 - Travel - Locally!'D308-M9,0)) In the column next to the option on sheet 1, I have entered number 1 to 8 (As I have 8 options) and when I set up my drop down field I ent...

How to add SY03900 table in the Sales Report?
Dynamics GP Sales Order line item descriptions are limited to 100 characters only. Our company needs more than that and we decided to enter it in the Item Notes field. We are not using the Line Item Notes field when we create quotations as we have other usage for that as well. My question is, how do I add and print the Item Notes field in the customized Quotation Form when I can't seem to add table SY03900 in the report itself? Please help! Hi Derf, Since you have mentioned that you want to show the Item Notes in Customized Quotation Form, I assume that you are working on a 3rd ...

Field Codes
I'm doing a calculation in a word document using field codes (office 2007) but I'm trying to represent the result in Hex. Although I am able to do the caluclation I want to if the result is bigger than 16 bits (65535) then when I try to display as Hex the field code says this is an error "Number cannot be represented in specified format". Does anyone know if it's possible to display a Hex number in a field code bigger than 16 bits ? hi duub1970, You may need to split the source value into two (or more parts), using INT and MOD functions (presumably using ...

How can I parse or Loop a list based on single field to Googlemaps
This is some code that will parse each sequential field [Point_#) into a list for googlemaps. [Form_Runs].WebRouteMap.navigate "http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=" & "from: " & Me.Point_1 & (" to: " + Me.Point_2) & (" to: " + Me.Point_3) The table/form is laid outlike this: [Route_No] [Point_1] [Point_2] [Point_2] 5 North St, N1 East St, N3 High Road, W6 And the code will give this style of parsed list: from: North St, N1 to: East St, N3 to: High Road, W6 That works just ...

Parameter Make Table Queries
I have an excel spreadsheet that establishes a link to an Access 2003 DB. I need to be able to run a pre-saved make-table query with 4 parameters that is stored in my DB, and then use excel to run a pre- saved crosstab query off of this table and a few other queries. The results of this crosstab will ultimately be pulled into Excel. I tried changing the make-table into a select and modifying the cross- tab, but because of the parameters and complexity of the cross-tab, it won't work. The first problem is: I "dummed" down my make-table query to eliminate all parameters. Upon ...

Can you put white space outside a textbox?
When I put pictures in my publisher file, sometimes I want captions for the pictures. So I make a tiny textbox that I put under the picture, and type in a caption into that textbox. The problem is that I can make the picture have some space to left and right of it so that text doesn't crowd into the picture, but I can't do that with the textbox containing the caption. Is there any way to prevent outside text from crowding the borders of a textbox? You can move that textbox wherever you need. You don't need to leave space inside when you can steer clear of the textbox itself. ...

Linking Tables 06-01-07
When I link tables - File > Get External data > Link tables..., I can change information in the Excel sheet and the change is reflected in the access table; however I am not allowed to make any changes to the access linked table - anyone know why? Microsoft lost a lawsuit last year, and was forced to remove the ability to update linked Excel spreadsheets from Access. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Sandy" <sandy_stephen@DELETEhotmail.com> wrote in message news:OMvASqFpHHA.4496@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Whe...

Table Place settings design
We are having a company dinner party to say goodbye to the oldest member of company. 70 yrs old We want to print a place card with photograph and some words on it for 50 employees. Sounds like a Tent Card would meet the need. If you were using Publisher 2000 (your version may be similar) it would be, File, Page Setup Special Fold Tent Card (From the Choose a Special Fold menu) Choose an Orientation Portrait or Landscape, your preference OK If you plan to use other than 8�"x11" stock, do first, select File Print Setup Provide the stock size as you follow the Setup steps. --...

Opening a filterable report from a form
I am building an access database and am attempting to create a form (menu at startup) that I will use buttons to open other forms and reports. I am using a blank form and adding buttons (links to the other forms and reports). I have chosen in the wizard to Open Report under Report Operations, choose my report, and finish the wizard. But the button I have created does not do anything. I checked the Macro settings and it is missing a line. Here is the code: Private Sub Command7_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Command7_Click stDocName = "Deficiencies Report" (missing sta...

Query. How to add this calculated field?
Add a calculated field for ExitDate, which is when the renter will leave the unit based on the date the rental started + the length of stay * 7 (to convert the total time in unit from weeks into number of days) Hint: StartDate + (Length * 7) ---StartDate, Length are data columns. How can I do this!? I tried: Design View on the Field row typed: [StartDate + (Length * 7)] But it's not working it shows a windows "Enter Parameter Value". Maybe I'm wrong. How can I do this!? *Access 2007 Try this -- [StartDate] + ([Length] * 7) -- Build a little,...

Save record order in main table
Hi, I have a form which displays four field from a table. On the form I have 4 sort buttons which sorts the form based on the field selected. My table also has a field for a sequence number. Based on the sort order selected I would like the sequence number field for each record in the table to correspond to the record number shown on the form. In other words, based on the sort the first record shown on the form would get a sequence number of 1 in the table, the second record shown would get a 2, etc. Is this possible and if so could someone help with the code. Your help woul...

Where to put SQL statements in VC++ Application
I am wondering if putting all my SQL statements in the string table is a good idea. Is there a better place to store these statements?? Thanks in advance for any responses. Dominic Inline in the code, they arnt particually helpful to put in the string table. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do" Isaac Asimov <dominicgualtieri@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1129050897.519688.176820@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I am wondering if putting all my SQL statements in...

modify drop down table associated to vlookup
I've been given a vlookup formula, that is associated with some drop down list... The formula is: =VLOOKUP(D113,JobID,2,FALSE) when I go into the name box or the area that would dictate which cell is active the "JobID" is available as a drop down. After clicking on "JobID" 4 cells are highlighted in one row / 4 consecutive columns. This is new to me, how can I modify what area is associated with the "JobID" list? Does this List start at a specific row and goto the bottom of the spread sheet. any assistants would be appreciated. You must be thinkin...

Two Languages
Hello there, I am currently trying to create a web page in Publisher 2003. I have created the English Version of the page but I would like to make another version in a different language giving links between the pages!!! How do I do it?? Please help!! Thanks! AK Help here Hyperlinks http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH063576871033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "AK" <AK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6A26A93-1669-42BF-942E-8F230CA8CC0A@microsoft.com... > Hell...

DCdiag reported test failures. What next? Hpw to fix them?
I ran this on our two domain controllers. Several test failures. Can anyone help figure out how to fix these errors? ................................................................................... DCdiag Test Run On Domain Controller CGDC1 from TCGNS2K3 /c switch is for comprehensive test /s: <domain controller> names the target DC for the test C:\Program Files\Resource Kit>dcdiag /c /s:cgdc1 Domain Controller Diagnosis Performing initial setup: Done gathering initial info. Doing initial required tests Testing server: Default-First-Site-Name\CGDC1 Starting test...

Put app and icon in task bar?
I have an MFC application that I want to be able to put in the task bar as a small icon and have it pop up the dialog when selected from the task bar. This app is intended to be run from the start up menu and be minimized in the task bar along with all the other start items... Pointers on how to please... By default app goes on the task bar. Do you mean system tray (that by default appears on the bottom right of the screen)? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "ShipHead" <GoAway@SpamBoy.com> wrote in message news:#g1K8UgEFHA.2700@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I...